Chapter 11: The Meeting

Love and Fate

Chapter 11: The Meeting

JB POV:

It’s been a few days since I left Seoul, and the whole time I am here in Japan all I can think about is the incident with Sora and to add to this mess is apparently my fiancé.  I can’t believe the new that that was dropped by the Chairman yesterday.  I can’t help but recall what happened yesterday:

I received a call from the chairman’s secretary telling me that I have to meet them at the restaurant. I drove to the restaurant and saw the chairman with her business partners. As I was walking near their table The Chairman saw me and introduce me to her business partners. The Chairman stood up and gave me a quick hug as she introduced me to her Business partners “Here he is, Mr. Kim I would like you to meet my son Ahn Jaebum", like always I had to give respect to chairman’s business partners. I had to give them my greetings and mingle with them for a while. I was not really paying attention to their conversation but it seems like they are waiting for someone. And that someone finally came but what really surprise me is the way I we were introduced “JB meet your future wife”, I was too shock to response but she sure was not. “I am sorry, did you say future wife?” I asked not meaning for everyone to hear. “Isn’t Jiyeon pretty” the Chairman ask just to change the subject. I remained silent and out of manners I reached out my hand to shake Jiyeon’s hand. Jiyeon smiled at me but the smile was a bit timid maybe because she heard what I said earlier, “Don’t you go to SNU, I think always see you with your friends? She asked to alleviate the awkwardness in the room.  "oh yeah, I think I do see you around the campus as well with Tiffany and Jessica right”, I answered heard just to be friendly since I do see her in the campus. “Oh look at that so you already see each other in the campus, isn’t that what we call fate” commented by Mrs. Kim “eomma, its not fate, it’s called university you knew that JB and I go to the same university and chances of us seeing each other is high, please do not make a big deal out of it” Jiyeon commented with an undertone of annoyance to it. The elders are a bit shocked with her remarks and I knew that it might not end up well so I had to step in and said “Well, it was nice meeting you Mr and Mrs Kim, how about I take Jiyeon with me and you can continue discussing business. I bowed and looked at Jiyeon as if saying lets go or this will not going to end well, she just looked at me and sigh as if understanding what I meant she took her purse and walked away with me but she stopped and looked back to the elders and said “Make sure to keep us out of your business, please”, the she continued walking away. “that was gutsy” I said to Jiyeon when we were out of the restaurant “Don’t you get tiered of them running our lives, because I sure am, and apparently you will be my future husband” she said “apparently so, but not if I can help it, anyways lets exchange phone numbers just in case the parents ask” I replied back to her. She looked at me and gave me her phone. We exchange numbers and went our separate ways but she stopped and said “Don’t take it the wrong way, I am sure you’re a nice guy but I just tired of people running my life for me” I looked at her and just said “I know” then I continued walking. The next day went by uneventful no Chairman breathing behind my neck, but this is driving me crazy not to mention I was dragged here in Japan for some sort of meeting, which turns out to be an engagement meeting; I need to talk to someone, I know that the only reasonable and logical person that I can talk to will be JS. What time is it in Korea, I looked at my watch and JS is probably at Sora’s house now.  I dialed JS number and waited for him to answer.

“JB, what time are you coming over at Sora’s?” JS asked “I might not be able to go there today, well actually i can't,  I am in Japan right now per the Chairman’s request” I explained “Is everything Ok?” JS asked again but I can hear the concern in his voice “JS, you and I both know that when she is like this nothing is Ok, I was actually going to ask you if you can come this week since we have a few weeks off from school” I asked “I am not sure I’ll check with my mom if she doesn’t need me to go to the office next week. I’ll let you know later… but if you really need me to be there let me know I’ll just tell my mom that we’ve already planned this beforehand.”  JS replied back. “Thanks JS, I am sorry to impose man, but I think I do need you to come not today, just stay with Sora this weekend but maybe Monday?” I requested “That bad huh?”  JS asked “yup, you have no idea” I answered “Ok, I’ll call you later when I am able to book my flight”.  “You have no idea how thankful I am right now JS”. I was surprise when I received a text message from JS a few hour later informing me that he will be coming here in Japan the next day, but I was so relieved that finally I can talk to someone who knows me.   

____________________________

A/N: Sorry everyone I know it's been almost a year since my last update. I will try to update more often.

Thanks again for reading my stories, I promise you this story will make sense soon.