Chapter 1: Fate and Hard Work

Love and Fate

JB, Kang Sora, and Park Jung Soo have been friends since elementary. JB is athletic, and a good looking fella but somewhat cold individual if you do not really know him, while Park Jung Soo is also a handsome guy with a killer smile that can make any girl heart melt. Kang Sora is a very sweet girl that can tolerate both guys since they grew up together.  They consider themselves as best friends.  During their elementary years they were un-separable. The two boys will always protect Sora from other kids in their school just like older brothers since both JB and Jung Soo are one year older than Sora.  A lot of girls envy Sora because of her closeness with the two popular guys in school JB for his good looks and somewhat mysterious personality and Jung Soo for his good looks and undying charisma, both guys are smart that they always place first or second in their class. Though both personalities seems opposite of each other the two guys get along well and have a so much respect for each other that they are not affected when people make comparison with their school standings or personality they accept each other’s individuality and that makes their relationship stronger, Sora is their common grounds that everyone seems to not understand because though Sora is beautiful and charming she is considered average by many.

JB who is considered cold to other especially girls but will always have a smile readily available for Sora, and not a lot of girls understand. Their closeness continued till they went to high school both though they are best friends they still have different set of friends in school. JB always hung out with Jin Woon and Seulong who are part of the school newspaper and drama club, while Jung Soo’s friends consist of Siwon, Eunhyuk, Donghae and Kyuhyun who are part of the athletic club.

 

Their friendship continues till college though it was just JB and PJS at first since Sora was a year behind them. Every weekend they would meet each other talk about what happened from the previous week and just chill. The three friends are watching an American movie called “The Vow” by Channing Tatum and Rachel McAdams.

 

After watching the movie Sora ask both the guys “do you believe in fate?” JB and PJS looks confused and was like “huh?”  Sora then rephrase her question “you watched the movie right, don’t you think that because they are fated to be together the girl still fell in love with the guy even if she lost her memory?”  JB and PJS looked at each other and with a confused look in their face not because of the question but because Sora asked the question, this type of question were never brought up by Sora before, but JB was the first one to recover and answered “Fate? Maybe in the movies but in real life I think it’s a bit different because peoples feeling and emotions change as time pass don’t you think?”  “Pessimistic much? True that people’s feelings change but don’t you think fate and hard work, works hand in hand to make love survive?” PJS replied “this coming from a guys that is known as a Casanova of the campus, anyways maybe your right but if that were the case are you saying that people who had divorced or separated did not work hard enough to make their relationship work?” asked JB “ I did not say that what I am trying to say is that when you are destined to be with this person and you chose to love that person then things will work out and FYI I am not a Casanova, I am just nice to girls unlike you who plays the mysterious guys that everyone fall for anyways don’t play innocent because you have your own share of fan girls SIR” PJS retorted.   Sora was just absorbed with how the conversation came about and she just had to intervene “so JB Oppa you don’t believe in fate and you JS Oppa you do, let’s just leave it at that before the conversation gets a bit more heated.”

“Why ask this type of question anyways, Sora? It’s unlike you to ask this question” PJS asked “ do you have a boyfriend now that you are not telling your Oppas?” “Not like that, but since both of you are now in college and was able to spend more time with my girlfriends we are able to talk about this type of things ‘girl talk’ as you call it, and also there are a few guys who would show interest if you know what I mean.” Sora replied. “WHAT!!!!” both JB and PJS replied “hold on who are these guys you are talking about” PJS asked “ Do we know them and we need names, PJS and I need to meet this guys that are showing interest in you and see if they are good enough, don’t  you think so PJS?”  added JB while PJS just nodded in agreement. Sora just rolled her eyes and just said “no need to worry, I am not interested with any of them”  “but you are interested with someone?” JB asked Sora smiled showing her dimples and just answered “Maybe, maybe not”