Dangsin-eul nulag

Love is like a Rainbow

 

It's been a week since the nightmare incident. Every night I wake up screaming some of the guys come running in. Except Hong Ki, he's too much of a heavy sleeper. It's the same every time. They come in, I tell them I'm fine, take a shower and then they don't leave until I'm asleep again.

 

The Guys are practicing their new song today, so I am alone. It seems to be one of them days when I can't think of what to do. I try watching TV, but nothing is on. Well actually there was a lot on, an advantage of having satellite, but I can't seem to concentrate, so I switch it off. I decide to draw something, but end up staring at a blank piece of paper.

“Aish, I'm so bored.”

I get up and go over to my piano. My note book of songs is placed on the stall. Abeoji taught me how to write songs a while back. He can only compose, he doesn't write lyrics, so I had to teach my self that part. I flick to a song about half way through to a song tittled (Dangsin-eul nulag). It was a song I wrote for my Parents and baby brother. I was about nine at the time and was missing them a lot, so Abeoji helped me write it for them. I sit on the stool and run my fingers across the piano testing the feel of the keys beneath my finger tips. They I play. The song starts of sad and lonely with a slow melody but it gradually speeds up to play a more happy faster tune. When I stop I hear someone clapping. When I look around Seunghyun is behind me.

“That was good.”

“Have you finished practicing?”

“No. Abeoji told me to come get you. Were having some problems with the music. He wants you to come help.”

Abeoji sometimes has trouble composing for younger groups. He learned everything he knew quite a while ago so sometimes he gets stuck on making his music modern. Abeoji is sat at his piano with a painful look on his face as he looks back and froth between two bits of paper, one contains the music and the other the lyrics. He looks up when I enter the room.

“Play this.” He told be gesturing for the guys to go the same. The thought the music went well with the lyrics... until we got to the chorus.

“Abeoji your chorus doesn't go with the music at all. Sing me the chorus again.” They sing the chorus. I suddenly knew what was wrong. Like the song I had just played It was a sad and happy song. Some parts needed to be faster than the other. “How about this?” I play the music for them again changing the speed and swapping a few of the bars around.

“Wa, I like it.” Hong Ki says jumping up to hug me.

“Your good at this.” Jong Hun takes the music sheet of the piano and starts writing the changes on his own.