Sorting Things Out

Did You Forget Me?
Youngbae’s POV
I had dragged Eun Ran out onto the rooftop, since that seemed to be the only reasonable place to talk things out with her.
 
“I thought I made it clear to you that one time that our relationship was over?” I refused to look back at her because I would only get angrier than I already am.
 
“I thought you were joking. I didn’t think you would actually break up with me over that small incident."
 
“Small?” I scoffed. Was she kidding me? Flirting with another guy right in front of me and then kissing his afterwards was not a small incident. It took me a lot of self restraint to not walk over and punch the guy’s face in and humiliate her in front of a small group of her friends. “Small is an understatement, Ran-ah. Wait, no, Hyorin-ssi."
 
Hyorin looked hurt. “Is this what it’s really came to? Now I’m back to being just Min Hyorin-ssi to you?"
 
I sighed. “I didn’t think we would end up like this as well, but I have no choice. I had no choice.”
 
“What do you mean you ‘had no choice’?” Hyorin’s voice had dropped an octave.
 
I sighed. “The main reason for me breaking up with you wasn’t because of that incident."
 
“Then what was the reason,” she asked desperately wanting to know the reason.
 
Looking down at the ground I continued. "I knew we both we drifting away from each other due to the lack of free time in our schedules. It got to the point that even you couldn’t pick up my calls and I yours. It got to the point where I even fallen out of love and,” Ah Jung’s smiling face flashed in my mind, “fallen back in love. With someone who was once more precious to me that anything else in the world, and will forever be more precious that anything of value in my possession."
 
“Is she more precious to you than I was?” From how her voice was quivering, I knew that Hyorin was holding back tears.
 
I almost feel guilty for what I was going to say next, but I need to be honest with her. “She is."
 
“I see.” A sniff was followed by her words. I looked up and saw Hyorin defeatedly clutching herself. I sighed internally and walked up to her and hugged her. “Youngbae…"
 
“I know. It’s okay to cry and hate me if you want. I’m the bad guy in this relationship for falling in love with someone else. But I’m going to selfishly say that I’ll still love you, but as a good friend and as a noona to me.” I pat her back gently. “So go ahead and cry."
 
Hyorin didn’t hold anything back and cried until she was breathless. She occasionally hit me from time to time but I welcomed her hits as a sign of ‘this is actually the end.'
 
 

Ah Jung’s POV
I was sitting on a bench somewhere in front of the company thinking. I was so deep in thought I didn’t even notice that Jiyong sajangnim was standing next to me the whole time.
 
“Kang Ah Jung,” he called a little more loudly.
 
“Sajangnim!” Surprised I immediately stood up and bow on instinct.
 
“No need to be formal. I’m not here to talk to you about business. Here."
 
I looked down to his extended arm and realized that he was holding up a cup of coffee to me. “Thanks,” I said taking it from him. We both sat back down on the bench that I was occupying, not saying anything to each other. Taking a small sip from the cup, I glanced at Jiyong and studied his profile. As always, he was dressed to perfection from head to toe with not a piece of hair out of place to the expensive thousand dollar shoes. Not to mention, his posture screamed out high-class.
 
“Keep staring at me and I’ll have no choice but to tell Youngbae, Ah Jung-ah.” He said all the while continuing to stare straight ahead.
 
I winced at the mention of Youngbae’s name. “What’s there to tell him?” I said looking away and taking another sip of coffee.
 
There was more silence that followed. It was somewhat awkward, but I tried to play it off my staring at the crack in the pavement as though it was the most interesting thing in the world.
 
“You should take a short vacation, Ah Jung."
 
“What?! Are you crazy Jiyong? There’s literally a week and half left until the launch of the fashion line and you want me to go on vacation?” I don’t know if I was being played or being blessed, because the Jiyong I knew almost didn’t—no I take that back—he never sends anyone off on vacation, especially not this close to the launch of a fashion line.
 
“Don’t worry. I’m only sending you off for two to three days. You’ll be done with all the designs before the launch. Actually, I want all designs done before 4, giving you, “ he looked at his watch, “exactly two hours and 3 minutes."
 
My eyes widened realizing how much time flew by and how two hours weren’t enough time. “You’re crazy!” I exclaimed before running back to the building.
 
“Two hours and 2 minutes!” I heard Jiyong yell at me. I swear, if I trip and die I’ll hold him responsible!
 
 
 

I arrived at the office/room—whatever you want to call it—almost ripping the door off its hinges.
 
BING! I looked at my phone.
 
‘1 hour and 53 minutes.'
 
“Ugh!"
 
“Ah Jung.” I looked up almost surprised to find that Youngbae was still here. I would’ve thought he went home after what happened. “Ah Jung, about what happened,” he started while approaching me, “I’m s-"
 
“shut up! I don’t have time to talk about this right now. I have 1 hour and 53 minu-"
 
BING!
 
‘1 hour 52 minutes.'
 
“1 hour and 52 minutes to finish those designs and in Jiyong’s office at 4.” Youngbae seemed taken aback. I sighed. “Look, we can talk about this after we’ve finished those designs. We still have two more to go and if we spend our time talking about what happened earlier who knows what will happen to my career. So help me out by cooperating with me, please?"
 
Youngbae gave me a hard stare before signing and agreeing. When I said that Youngbae was an annoyance in the when we first started working on this fashion line, I was totally wrong. In the hour and 52 minutes we were working, I felt like I was witnessing the very devil before me.
 
 
“Done!” I yelled out in relief and excitement.
 
BING!
 
‘7 MINUTES!'
 
“! 7 minutes Youngbae!” I collected all the designs and made a beeline for the door almost completely leaving Youngbae behind. Upon arriving at the elevator, I immediately clicked the up button several times. I waited for 10 seconds but gave up entirely not having the patience for the elevator. I changed my course of direction and took the stairs instead.
 
“Ah Jung, wait up!” I turned around and saw Youngbae a couple of steps behind me.
 
“I can’t! I have probably 5 more minutes till-“ I had mentioned before that I would hold Jiyong responsible for my death right? Cause I almost freakin’ died! “Ugh! These damn heels and these damn stairs!”
 
“Are you ok Ah Jung?” Youngbae was right by my side with worry written over his face.
 
“It takes more than just stairs to take me down.” I slipped off my heels and tossed them to Youngbae. “Hold onto those for me,” I said getting back up and continuing my way up the stairs. “You just wait till I get my hands on you Kwon Jiyong!"
 
 
“KWON JIYONG!!” I yelled, once again almost ripping the door off its hinges. I was out of breath and probably looked like a mess, but that didn’t even matter to me because I made it on time! Oh yeah, baby!
 
“Ah, Ah Jung-ah. I thought you weren’t going to make it on time. I began to worry, but it seems like you made it on time."
 
“Take these designs,” I said giving them to him before flopping down onto the nearby couch.
 
Jiyong took the designs from me and began looking through them with all seriousness. “Hey, where’s Youngbae hyung?"
 
I sat up. “Youngbae? He was right behind me.” Right then Youngbae came walking in through the door, in an even worst condition than Ah Jung. And the fact that he was holding her heels in either hands made him look even more ridiculous.
 
“Dude, your girlfriend got here before you! And here I thought you were more athletic than that,” Jiyong mused.
 
“Shut up!” Youngbae said before flopping down onto the couch next to Ah Jung. “Here, take your shoes."
 
“Oh, thanks,” taking my shoes and slipping them back on. “And I am not his girlfriend!” I said looking at Jiyong. “I can take you up on that 2-3 day vacation right?"
 
 
 



 

 

AYO~!! Another update!! I’m feeling pretty good because guess what? I’m almost done!! There’s only one chapter left and that’s something I feel good about making one of my New Year’s Resolution close to being accomplished.
Anyways~ I hope y’all enjoyed this little bit. I’ll see y’all next time so in the meantime COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE, and UPVOTE!! SARANGHAE~ ♥!!!!