Where Are You Now?

Did You Forget Me?

~ Ah Jung's POV~
I turned over on my bed only to be greeted by the warm sunlight hitting my face. I smiled because I loved waking up every morning knowing that it was going to be sunny out. Slowly I opened my eyes.

Looking around my room seeing it engulfed by the sunlight, I smiled. I turned to my nightstand and caressed the picture frame sitting there. It was a picture of my childhood friend and I. He was my first love. (Refer back to the  first half of the foreword.)

"Today official makes it 9 years, oppa. With each year that passes, I'm slowly starting to lose faith in that promise we made. Youngbae oppa, where are you now?" Every morning I would talk to the picture as though it would somehow make things better. But after all this time, I just don't know anymore. Ever since he left I never dated, never went out with friends, or have much fun. But I didn't regret it.

Getting out of bed, I made my way to the bathroom to take a shower. Some people were not morning people, but I loved the morning. I love waking up to the sun in my eyes, getting ready for work, and coming home late. Yeah, I know it sounds horrible but as a star rookie fashion designer, it was the best feeling ever. Not that I didn't like my job from the beginning; I did.

Walking out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around myself, I made my way into my walk-in closet, which I adore with all my heart. I pulled out a matching set of teal colored lingerie and slipped that on. Next I pulled out a pair of polka dotted harem pants, a white blouse with a bow. To top all that off, I wore a black fur vest and slipped on some red Mary Janes. I was all set, all that's left is my hair and makeup. I'm not much of a hair or heavy makeup person so I decided on just some curls here and there, some BB cream, mascara, eyeliner, and some red lipstick.

"Today is going to be a great day." I said to myself as I looked myself over one last time before grabbing my bag and keys as I head out the door, making sure not to forget the red tube of lipstick.

Once I was inside the building, I took off my sunglasses. I love this place. It always managed to take my breath away each time. I walked to the elevators and pressed the button waiting for it to come down. As I waited, a man walked up to the same elevator and also waited. I gave him the elevator look before going back to minding my own business. But then my attention was drawn back to him; his face in particular. Though he had sunglasses on, he looked awfully familiar. It was bothering me because I know I've seen him before. As I continued thinking, my phone suddenly rang.

I reached inside my bag to see that it was Daesung oppa calling me. "Sup oppa?" I answered.

"Yah, Ah Jung-ah, are you here yet?" Daesung asked. 

"Yeah. I'm getting on the elevator right now." I said as the elevator finally arrived. I got in and pressed on the 5. "Is something up?"

"I guess you can say that, more or less."

Confused, I asked, "Yah, Daesung-ah. What are you trying to get at?"

"I'll tell you when you get here. And hurry up, too."

I rolled my eyes. "Fine. See you in a few." And I hung up. Then I remembered that there was another person on board the elevator. It seems as though he's going all the way up to see Jiyong sajangnim.

I stepped off the elevator once it stopped on the fifth floor. I bowed to my sunbaenims as I made my way to my division of the floor.

"Ah Jung-ah~!" Daesung oppa half whined half sang.

"Daesung oppa~!" I imitated him.

He stopped half way and pouted. "Yah,  Kang Ah Jung-ah! That's not funny."

I laughed heartily. "Mianhae oppa. I was just having some fun."

Being his playful bipolar self, his frown transitioned into a blinding smile, like literally. "I know. I was just happy to see you. Now hurry up, Jiyong sajangnim is supposed to stop by..." He paused to look at his designer watch. I watched as his eyes went wide. "...Anytime now!" And with that he dragged me with him, causing me to almost stumble over my own feet. 

~15 Minutes Later~

"Yah, oppa. What happened to Jiyong sajangnim being here any minute now?" I wasn't complaining or anything, it's just that because of Daesung I've been on guard this whole time, causing my shoulders and back to become stiff.

"I don't know. He called saying that he'll be dropping by. Who knows where and what on earth he can be doing right now."

"Daesung-ah, I'm not an alien." When we turned around to see Jiyong sajangnim standing there, we all immediately stood up and bowed. "I'll let you off the hook for today. Do how's the new fashion line looking?"

Ok something was definitely up with him. First of all, it was rare of him to do inspections or let alone come down himself to chat with us. And second, that same man that was the elevator with me was following him around.

"Ah Jung-ah, are these your designs?" Jiyong asked startling me a little bit.

"Yes. That one was one of the designs that didn't make it into the fashion line." I was feeling antsy because he was inspecting it with his hawk-like eyes. "What do you think?" He asked the stranger.

The stranger took the design from Jiyong and also inspected it. Although his sunglasses were still covering his eyes, I could tell that he was judging it just as hard as Jiyong had.

"I'm choosing her." The man said. When he took off his sunglasses, I gasped as my eyes widened. No wonder he looked so familiar. He was none other than the world wide famous model Taeyang!!

I was speechless. What could he possibly mean by 'I'm choosing her?' Taeyang-ssi walked up to me. "Kang Ah Jung-ssi, correct?" I nodded since it seems as though my voice wasn't going to be of any help. "Would you do me the honor of being the genius designer for my next fashion line?"

Was I just dreaming? Did the Taeyang just ask me to be his personal designer for his next fashion line? "Yes." That was all I managed to say. Everything else after that, the arrangements and everything, was a blur to me. Today has gotten to be the best day in my life.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

hey lovelies~ so I updated this story. Sorry it might be boring since it's like the intro. But no worries it'll get better soon~

and don't forget to comment, subscribe, and upvote. They are very much love~!!