Leave Me Alone

Let's Not Stay Friends

Amber's POV

    Those eyes.

    It was all that went through Amber's head as she looked at the girl below her. She never thought that anyone could look so sad and hurt. Her lips parted, then closed, indicating how much she wanted to speak, but words just failed to form. Her eyes, they looked so, broken. 

    "I'm fine," With that, Amber snapped back into reality and found herself staring at the girl who was now getting up from the ground.

    She cleaned herself up, dusting away at her pants that were a little stained by the dirt from the ground. Amber stood next to her, unsure of what to do or say. 

    "Can i have my phone back?" The girl brushed back the hair that was covering her face with her hand. She looked up and stared straight into Amber's eyes for a moment and that left Amber speechless and lost in her own thoughts again. There was something different about those eyes. A while ago, they were a mixture of sadness and pain, but now, there was also a tinge of...annoyance?

    "Umm."

    "Oh yeah, sure. Here," Amber replied quickly, realizing how much of a fool she was making out of herself. She handed the phone to the brown-haired girl awkwardly and stood there like a statue, unable to move a single muscle. It wasn't like she was nervous or anything, because Amber was the exact definition of the word confidence, and being nervous was a foreign sensation to her, but here she was, feeling anxious and a little scared.

    In all her life, Amber has never come face to face with a scenario like this. She has never seen someone crying so badly in front of her. She was struggling now as she didn't know what she should do or say to someone who needs comfort more than anything. She wasn't cold or anything but all this was just too strange and unfamiliar to her. She began to move away from the girl, wanting to leave the park and to just get home immediately but upon seeing the girl standing there alone, with her head bent down and hair covering her face again, Amber felt a pang of guilt. She knew she couldn't just leave the girl standing alone in a deserted park in the middle of the night while being emotional unstable. Things happen when someone isn't in their right mind and Amber couldn't, she wouldn't let that happen to the brown-haired girl. 

    "Hey, you should uh, go home. It's late," Amber inched closer to the girl.

    "Leave me alone."

    "Come on, it's late," Another inch closer.

    "Mind your own damn business."

    "You go home and i will," Amber was so close to the girl, she could feel the warmth of the tears streaming down the girl's face. She wanted to offer the girl tissue but realized that she had none. Amber was in the midst of mentally cursing at herself when she caught glimpse of the girl's head moving up out of the corner of her eye.

    Seeing how annoyed the girl looked while having wet string of tears streaming down the side of her face, Amber couldn't help but let out a soft chuckle. 

    "What?" The girl beamed at Amber coldly.

    "You look horrible," Amber immediately covered with her hand as soon as she said it. She didn't mean to, but the words slipped and there was no turning back now. Hoping that she hadn't offended the girl, she quickly gave her a weak smile.

    "Excuse me?"

    "I mean, you know, like uh, cause you're crying and, and you know," Amber trailed off, scratching the back of her neck. Jesus, I'm a dork.

    

Krystal's POV

    "Just leave me alone," The girl turned around and started walking away but halted when she felt her wrist being grabbed.

    "Oh my god, what do you want?" She asked when she felt herself being pulled backwards. When she saw the way the man was looking at her, something in her head clicked. All of a sudden, everything was clear. She was all alone in a park, in the middle of the night, with her emotions messed up, and here was a guy, also alone in a park, in the middle of the night, not wanting to leave her alone. Holy .

    "Let me go now, or I'll scream, I swear I'll scream," She panicked, trying to break free from stranger's grip. She turned and twisted, but he just wouldn't let go.

    "What are you doing?" The man laughed at her, "stop before you hurt yourself."

    "And wait for you to hurt me? No, thanks," She replied, prying the man's fingers off her wrist. With all her strength, she gave him a strong push and saw him fall backwards and onto the ground. She moved quickly before the man could get back on his feet and ran away from the playground as fast as possible. Upon reaching her front door, she looked back, checking to see whether the creep had followed her. When she was convinced that she had lost him, she pushed open the door and entered her house. All that she remembered from the whole park scenario was blonde hair. The man's blonde hair. 

 

Amber's POV

    "And wait for you to hurt me? No, thanks," Amber felt her grip on the girl's wrist slipping upon hearing her say that and before she knew it, she felt a weight upon her body and then she was falling. She crashed into the ground, with her back breaking her fall. Yelping in pain, she hoped that the girl would reach down and help her up but as soon as she opened her eyes, Amber saw that the girl was already a good 20 feet away from her, running out of the park without looking back.  

    Well, that escalated quickly, Amber thought to herself. She helped herself up, wondering why the girl had suddenly gone violent on her when a theory fell upon her. Haha, no, that couldn't be. She laughed at her own thought, thinking of how utterly stupid it was for her to be having this idea.

    She couldn't have thought that i was a , right?