Two Careless Chicks

Let's Not Stay Friends

Amber's POV

    The boys had gone off to shower while Amber slowly made her way to her car. She wiped the sweat rolling down the side of her face and inhaled deeply. She always felt better after a game of basketball, or anything that required her to sweat. Instead of feeling beat or tired, she felt so refreshed that she could do it all over again.Some people have passion for music. Well, sports was Amber's thing. It wasn't just the sweating that she liked, it was the ability to forget about everything else when she was in a game. All that went through her head was ball, ball, ball, ball, and somehow that relaxed her in ways that no spa-session could ever do. That worked with other sports as well, like running, or dancing, but basketball was fun because there was a goal and it's up to you to take the winning shot. 

    After picking up her bag from her car, she made her way to the girls' shower. She re-entered the basketball court, which was also the school hall, and was walking towards the door to the girls' shower when she stumbled upon a book. Amber looked down at it and then looked back up to see if anyone was coming to claim it back. When no one did, she picked it up from the ground next to the bleachers and flipped through it.

    It was a Biology textbook, a Sophomore's textbook. Flipping to the first page of the book, she saw the curvy handwriting of its owner.

    Jung Soo-Jung.

    Amber stared at the name, hoping for the filament bulb in her head to light up. When it didn't, she raised her one of her eyebrows. That's weird, everyone knows everyone in this school, but I've never heard of a Jung Soo-Jung before. 

    She looked up from the book and continued her way to the girls' shower. Before entering the shower, she placed the lost textbook next to her bag. She had decided to bring it to the administration office as soon as she finished showering.

 

..........................................................................

 

    "Amber, where ya going?" She was greeted by a smiling Key, as per usual. 

    "Well, the admin office is on our right and i was just about to turn right, so why don't you take a guess?" Amber grinned and his gay friend, who was in a very tight sweater that had You Know My Name, Not What I Order At Taco Bell written over it. In glitter. 

    Amber eyed the sweater and shook her head, "Why did you have to ruin the damn sweater, man?"

    "What," Key pulled on his sweater and looked at it, "Oh, you no likey them glittery thangs?"

    "Key, nobody does."

    "Hells to the nos," he snapped his fingers, "I like them glitters."

    "You're weird, but i like you," Amber quoted from Lilo & Stich as she poked her finger at Key's tummy. 

    "Duh, who wouldn't?"

     "Anyways, gotta go return this," Amber motioned to the book in her hand, "Meet you at the hall in a few."

     "Make it quick, Ams, I do not want to get stuck with Henry and listen to him rant about his latest girl group obsession," Key snapped before Amber turned right and disappeared into the hallway. 

 

Meanwhile in the admin office..........................

 

Krystal's POV

    Krystal handed the class schedule she had found over to Mdm Lee who was sitted at the admin counter. The lady in working clothes eyed Krystal cloesly before rreaching out her hand to receive the class schedule.. 

    "I don't believe I've seen you before. What's your name?" Mdm Lee asked Krystal sternly, as she continued to look at Krystal in the most uncomfortable way possible. 

    What is she doing, trying to look into my soul?

    Krystal fidgeted as she stood by the counter across from Mdm Lee. She wasn't usually the type to get nervous around teachers or people who worked in the school office because nobody scared her enough to have that kind of effect on her, but this was Korea, not California. People here have a different way of dealing with things. Not knowing if it would result in a bad or good way if she had acted the way she usually did back in the States, Krystal decided to just play it cool. Cool as in acting like one of those shy and quiet students who usually fell onto people's blind spots. She had assumed this character, hoping that the stern lady would grow weary of her and let her be on her way.

    "Well, are you spending all that time thinking of a reply or are you just simply," Mdm Lee paused to shoot an icy glare at Krystal, "ignoring me."

    Alright, plan B it is.

    "Sorry, Mdm Lee. I was just thinking about the directions to the school hall, since I'm new here and all," Krystal gave a slight smile, "I'm Jung Soo-Jung, Sophomore. My family and I just moved here from the United States."

    The older woman was still boring her eyes into Krystal.

    "I uh, i found a student's class schedule at the basketball court earlier this morning. Will you please return it to her?"

    With that, Mdm Lee finally tore her eyes away from Krystal and placed the schedule that Krystal had handed to her on the side of the counter. "Well, that wasn't so hard was it, answering to a fellow adult. And yes, of course I will return it to the student."

    Gee, you didn't have to sound to happy about it.

    "Thank you, Mdm. Lee. Have a nice day," Krystal bowed and quickly left the counter. She speed-walked to the door out the admin office without looking back. While at the door, someone had already opened it for her before she could do it herself. Without bothering to look up, she muttered the word "thanks" and walked out of the admin office, hoping to God above that she wouldn't have to come back here ever again. 

 

........................................................

 

Amber's POV

    Amber was about to enter the admin office when she saw a girl coming towards the door. Seeing that she had her head down as she walked, Amber quickly made a move and opened the doors for her. Although the girl took notice of the gentlemanly gesture, she didn't look up or anything. As she walked past Amber with her head still down, Amber heard a soft "thanks".

    Out of habit, Amber nodded back and continued to hold the door open as the girl walked through it. She was a little taller than the girl and all she could do was stare at the girl's hair as she passed. Pretty hair you got there, Amber thought. The brown hair didn't just look pretty to Amber, it looked pretty dang familiar as well, but she just couldn't place a finger on it. Amber watched as the girl walked in the opposite direction of where Amber was headed, unaware that she was starring at the back of her figure that was slowly fading from sight like a creeper.

    Have i seen her before? 

    She thought so hard about it that she had almost forgotten about the task at hand---- the lost textbook. 

    Brushing all thoughts off her mind, she went into the admin office and headed straight for the service counter.

    "M'am, i'd like to hand over a lost textbook," 

     "Another one? Students nowadays," the lady behind the counter tsked. She glanced up at Amber and almost immediately went back to whatever she was doing before.

     "Where should i put this book, M'am?" Amber held the book up so the lady could see it.

     "Just put it there, along with that piece of paper," the lady nudged her head towards the side of the counter without looking up from the paper that she was reading, "And then you may eave."

     "Yes, m'am," Amber gently placed the book on top of the paper, "Thank you for your assistance, m'am. Have a great day."

     Turning away from the counter, an idea struck Amber. Laughing sheepishly, she turned towards the lady. "Umm, sorry to be a bother, m'am, but would you mind lending a piece of paper and pen to me?"

     Amber scratched the back of her neck as her sheepish laughter mellowed down to a grin. A sheepish grin.

     The lady threw a disapproving look at Amber, then reached into her drawer. She passed a pen and a piece of paper to the latter and beamed sternly, "Make it quick."

     When she was done writing, Amber slipped the piece of paper into the text that was placed on the side of the counter. Not wanting to spend another second in the presence of this grumpy lady, Amber bowed and said her thanks, then walked, no, she ran to the doors and out the admin office. 

 

     Jesus, nobody in their right mind would ever set foot in here willingly. 

     No way in hell

 

.............................................................................

 

    Walking through the doors of the school hall, Amber tiptoed and craned her neck in search for her group of friends. She walked around, eyes searching all corners of the already-crowded school hall. Everyone was talking to their friends like they haven't seen each other in years. Jeez guys, it was two months, not a decade.

    She laughed to herself, thinking of all the drama queens that surrounded her when she felt an arm drape around her shoulder.

    "Amberrrrrrr, you're hereeeeeeeeee!" The arm around Amber's shoulder tightened and she was dragged down and had her hair ruffled playfully. "Oh my god, I've missed you!"

    Amber looked up to find Luna smiling brightly and happily at her. Sticking out her tongue, Amber pointed to her neck and whizzed, "Can't. Breathe."

    Ignoring Amber's helpless pleas, Luna continued messing around with Amber's hair while her other arm was still tightly secured around the latter's neck.

    "Luna. Let. Go." Amber tried breaking free but failed, "Luna. I'm. Dying."