Chapter Six

Broken Sound

 

 

 

It wasn’t horrible, nothing like the horror stories told in One Flew over a Cuckoo’s Nest or anything of the sort.
There were no evil sadist nurses out for blood, no pills being shoved down your throat at predetermined intervals, no deathly sterile white walls or expressionless, blank uniforms with equally expressionless faces to fill.
The place was meant to bring comfort to those who clearly lacked from it; was meant to bring warmth to those who were frozen inside.
It still didn't feel right though, not for Jongin- the rest of the patients could go ahead and lie to themselves, but Jongin was not one to merely ignore the facts and  ...there clearly was something about the way they stared, eyes fixed and unstartled; bright smiles detouring their faces in nearly gruesome manners, smiles that seemed like their faces would rip apart at any second.

 

Tapping his fingertips against the chair's handles, he kept his eyes set ahead, analyzing every movement from the man sitting across from him.

Jongin loved to observe him during his sessions. The man's sharp jawline clenched as his almond eyes scanned trough the papers resting on his lap, in a clear attempt of blocking the latter's piercing gaze to feel at ease; but to no avail. Jongin could tell he made the other feel uncomfortable, which nearly made him smile but not quite. He enjoyed watching the other squirm in his chair while trying to make his voice come out as a professional's should; Jongin could catch the small quiver though, the sight of the doctor's clammy hands as they fiddled with the wedding band sitting nearly flawlessly on his fourth digit, was enticing.

The man was handsome, probably around his forties as the grey hairs beginning to peek from the roots allowed to see, small wrinkles creasing from the corner of his eyes whenever he smiled.

His voice dripped like honey whenever he spoke;  he had a way with words. He liked to make people hang onto everything he said as though he held the key to every secret surrounding their pathetic little lives. He sounded wise, and nearly sincere. But Jongin knew better.

He liked to watch him, but he didn't like him. Not one bit.
In fact, Jongin could swear he hated him nearly as much as he hated himself.
Everything this man stood for, was a lie. He would preach to know what other's were going through, only to merely prescribe them some lousy pills, with horrid side  effects, and send them on their way. He didn't care like he said he did, Jongin was pretty sure the moment another suicidal juvenile walked trough the tall wooden doors this man would forget everything about him.  The comfort this man was paid to provide just wasn't there, and that made Jongin sick to his stomach.

"Jongin- can you tell me a little about your father..?" 
After letting out a quiet cough, Jongin blinked from his reverie, snapping his attention elsewhere; preferably to the empty wall located over his left side. Jongin wondered how anyone could spend all their days in such a dull environment. Hearing people's problems for a living in such a place sounded awfully depressing to say the least, it nearly make him pity the older male. 
"Jongin" He tried again in a quiet and restrained voice,"You are going to have to talk to me someday, you know..? Don't you want to get out of here?"
This made a smile tug on the corner of Jongin's mouth, his gaze shifting to the male nearly immediately. It was so like his psychiatric to forget his due date, even if he had clearly been the one to set it.
"Don't you know I am getting discharged..?" He asked with mocked disbelief, laughing soon after. " I am finally getting out of here! This is our last session, doc. Finally."
There was a spiteful tone on his voice, nearly monotone as though the situation bored him.
"So, why don't you just get to it? Drug me up a little and I will be on my merry way. I should probably be getting ready right about now, anyway."
It took the doctor about a second before he was turning on his chair, pressing the intercom's button nearly delicate with the pad of his thumb  and requesting for a nurse to come look for Jongin. 
With a quick look towards the man with the white coat; Jongin's gaze hardened visibly, the corner of his lips tugging up in a nearly arrogant, and quick, flare of his teeth. His now trademark smirk.

"And I told you not to call me Jongin anymore-it's Kai."

 

 

 

 

 

[ A/N: Hello everyone that happens to be reading this, I am so sorry for the delay of this chapter(?) if you can even call this that, since it has actually been sitting as a draft for nearly two months; loads of things have happened in my life and I have been sort of not really feeling it. But, I had a lot of ideas of where I wanted this fic to go, and I couldn't just flush it down the drain haha so here I am! I added a few things and poof, haha.
So as you can see, this is just sort of an insight of how Jongin has been for the past months of being locked up at an psychiatric facility, his character delopement into a more...cold(?)  and even sarcastic individual which is Kai.  Poo~ no more cutesy Jongin.

I promise to begin working on the next chapter, which will hopefully have Jongin going back to school to sort of unenroll  or something haha. 

Thank you once again for every little comment- it makes me smile! I apologise for the delay and shortness ): 

BYE!]