5

21st Century Love

#5


D.O & @Kai's Side of the Conversation

¤¤¤

Oh Sehun and 4 other friends likes your status.

Oh Sehun and 6 other friends commented on your status.

 

Kim Jongin feels threatened.

.. I think I need to migrate. Move out of the galaxy. Disappear. Die and resurrect. #DeepDooDoo #SaveKimJongin.

(Y) Oh Sehun and 4 others like this

Oh Sehun Who told you to do something indecent hmm?

Choi Jinri What did you do this time?

Jung Soojung Not a day passes by without the Wolves involved with trouble. And we're supposed to be the disciplined!•Jung Daehyun likes this

Kim Kibum You maknaes are the only ones always in trouble. Little brats. What do you have to say for yourselves!? •Kim Hyoyeon likes this

Liu Amber J. We're sorry Key-oppa!

Jung Soojung hey hey hey! Unnie, you're not even part of the Maknae Line. •Liu Amber J. likes this

Liu Amber J. I'm young at heart!

Just Zelo But seriously, does he have to sit with  us and do stuff at our table?

Kim Jongin I know! And come on! Right in betw

POST CANCEL

¤¤¤

°°Cafeteria;  At one of the Wolves' table, where only the younger members were seated. Everyone was having their lunch and glueing to their phones.

Kai was about to type a reply but was stopped by a warning cough. 

"I would appreciate if you not use your cellular phones while in my presence." And everyone in the table looked up and quickly hid their phones away.

"Aye aye, captain!" Zelo saluted. Krystal jabbed his rib. "I mean--yes sir." Zelo cowered down when he received a glare from the professor. 

D.O rolled his eyes. "What are you even doing here, hyung? It's breaktime--our breaktime" 

"I'd like it better if it was 'our break UP." said Prof. Min Joon casually drinking his tea like nobody's business. 

"That would never happen. Because we're not even officially dating yet! Now. What are you doing here?" D.O eyed his brother suspiciously

"Enjoying my tea." Prof Min Joon said matter-of-factly.

"Yes, I can see that." 

"Good then." 

D.O rolled his eyes. Marking the conversation over.

"But uhm, prof.. why are you here?" Sulli asked.

"Enjoying my tea." He answered again, pouring another cup.

"Uhm, I think she meant 'why are you enjoying your tea HERE.'" Sehun motioned his arms around the table, hoping the professor could take a hint.

"Why? Is there a specific place to enjoy tea? Does it matter when and where I drink tea?" The professor shot a challenging look.

"Yes, my dear brother, it's called a 'teacher's lounge'." D.O mix the pasta in his plate then took a forkful. The other occupants of the table nodded at the professor. 

"Students don't--no, are unallowed to go there to lounge with teachers. Then why is a teacher here, sitting at our table?" Then another round of nods.

"Is my baby brother shunning me away?" Prof Min Joon feigned hurt.

"Don't play coy with me, big brother." D.O said slightly annoyed by the cat-and-mouse argument they were having.

"Don't play Yaja Time with me, kiddo. I do what I want to do." Prof Min Joon stubbornly said. "I am not going to leave this spot even if--"

"Oh, hello~ Ms. Cheon. Song. Yi." D.O called over the Drama teacher who walked by.

"Oh, hello there, Kyunsoo-ssi." Ms. Cheon smiled and waved. 

Prof. Min Joon visibly stiffened, but remained calm.

"Good morning, professor." Ms. Cheon said sweetly. 

"T-t you too, Song Yi-ah." He greeted back. But avoided eye contact. 

"Oh, what is this? Is my BIG BROTHER, shy?" D.O teased.

"He's probably just stressed, Kyunsoo-ssi. You know math." Ms. Cheon let out a lighthearted laugh.

"Y-yes." Prof. Min Joon nodded, his cheeks tinged with pink.

"Think you found your reason to leave?" D.O whispered in his brother's ears, making him blush harder. But an idea popped in his mind.

"No. As a matter of fact-- Ms. Cheon! Care to join me for some tea?" The professor didn't wait for an answer and poured tea in a pricey looking teacup. And handed it to the Drama teacher, obliging her to take a seat. 

"I'd love to. Thank you. But after this I have to go to the theater." Ms. Cheon said taking a sip of the tea.

"Why, Ms. Cheon?" Zelo inquired.

"Ah, this is good tea, Professor.. My class will have an upcoming play in three months. And the writer's haven't finished their jobs yet." Ms. Cheon complained.

"A play," Krystal said " Who's in it? What's it about"

"Not sure yet. Oh, yeah, maybe you guys would like to audition."

Ms. Cheon handed out fliers, and a sheet of open roles to play. 

"Will you audition Jongin-ssi, Sehun-ssi?" Ms. Cheon asked as soon as everyone held a flier. Prof. Min Joon was shocked that they were being recruited for the play.

"Uh, not really into plays--" Sehun started. 

"Oh, look! Luhan-oppa is in it!" Sulli exclaimed. 

"But I'll think about it." Sehun finished with a wide grin forming on his face. Scanning the flier, he found the said deer's name, under: Candidate for Major Roles.

"Really? Daehyun hyung told me his high notes are awesome!"

"It's true." Daehyun nodded.

"And he's suuuuuuper cute too! Vic unnie's lucky to be his sister." Krystal sighed, "Oh, and look his going to be a major role. May be I'll sign up!" Krystal exclaimed. 

"Me too! I want to see the person Dae-hyung acknowledges!" Zelo chuckled. 

"I'd want to work with him!" Luna clapped her hands together. "He's famous in Music Club too." She nodded her head.

"I'll help out, if you guys join." Daehyun offered.

"Me too me too!" Sulli raised her hand.

Ms. Cheon grinned, he knew Luhan could in more people, then looked at Kai.

Kai however looked at D.O to see if he was interested, then shrugged as a reply because his brother was intentionally blocking his view inconspicuously. 

"Ok then. Please do think hard about it. Also the other Wolves. It would help me with casting!"

And the rest of the students nodded.

"Well, I need to go now. Bye. Oh, and thank you for tea." Ms. Cheon handed back the teacup then ran off, accidentally dropping something.

"Oh, shucks, Ms. Cheon dropped her planner. I wonder who could return it." D.O tapped his chin. He made sure the teacher was far away and out of sight before saying something.

"Sneaky. You win this time." Prof. Min Joon said and snatched the planner.

"Coincidence." D.O shrugged

"Stay away from my baby brother, Mr. Kim. I am well aware of what you did to him. And I don't plan on letting it slide." And then he was gone. Leaving a dumbfounded Kai, a smirking Sehun, a frowning D.O and curious bunch of friends.

"What is he talking about??" Daehyun raised a brow.

"NOTHING!" Kai and D.O said in unison.

Kai stood up and dragged D.O away.

"Hey! Where are you going?" Sehun shouted.

■School Greenhouse

Kai and D.O were walking hand-in-hand as they made their way through the beautiful palatial greenhouse. Yes, the greenhouse was very big. It almost seemed like the whole school was miles away. (The whole school was 20 acres and has plenty of very big amenities you can make use of.)

The greenhouse, called Flora Haven, was opened for anyone who enjoyed flowers and nature. It was filled with exotic and ordinary garden plants and a few imported trees that provided shade if ever the sun shined relentlessly. Butterflies and the occasional honeybees also fluttered and flew, helping with pollination around the enclosed area.

Artificial breezes blew now and then from all directions. They were made by gigantic solar-powered fans that were safely embedded in the glass and metallic walls. 

Flora Haven also housed a beautiful man-made waterfall that dropped to a man-made river running through the entire establishment, nourishing the plants with its fresh water.

And the privilege of being there were enjoyed by Kai and D.O themselves, and a few students scattered around also enjoying in peace. 

"It's beautiful here, Jongin." D.O said twirling around. "It even smells great!"

"Is it your first time here, hyung?" Kai laughed as he knelt down to look at a cocoon.

"No. But it seems like the first time every time." D.O smiled back.

"True." Kai replied. He ushered D.O to walk beside him in the path. Going deeper into the compound.

Kai put an arm around D.O to pull him in closer.

"Like every time we touch, it always feels like we've met for the first time." Kai whispered in D.O's ears

D.O blushed. They stopped when they reached the far end of Flora Haven, where the Waterfall can be seen--its water softly crashing against the rocks, leaving a delightful resonance in the air; the place was embellished with rhododendrons, rose of sharons, hydrangeas, and camellias.

"Are you joining the play?" Kai Iinitiated a conversation. 

"I might. Luhan will force me into it if I don't anyways." D.O said as he smelled the camellias

"You told your brother?" Kai asked carefully. He tried to make it sound less awkard by walking around and sniffing flowers. D.O choked on his saliva.

"He.. he kind of found out by himself.." D.O bit his bottom lip.

"What do you mean?" Kai stopped and looked at D.O. 

"He saw the hickey.." D.O muttered

Kai apologized.

"Don't be." D.O winked.

"Oh." Kai walked over to him and placed their foreheads together "Well, if it means having you, I'd want to be killed by your brother."

"Martyr much?" D.O playfully smacked Kai's chest.

They both laughed.

"But, seriously, I mean it." Kai said when their laughter died down. They sat down by the riverbank and held each other's hand.

"Then, that's sweet." D.O said and faced Kai "And a bit romantic." Leaning towards Kai, he caught his lips and the two savored an innocent kiss.

"Just 'a bit'?" Kai said in between the kiss.

"Yes." D.O said leaning closer to Kai And continuing the kiss, which was getting intimate by the second.

Kai gave in and lied down on his back with D.O on top of him.

"But why?" Kai teased D.O by cupping his face preventing him from kissing.

"Because if you died, I'll be all alone."

"There are plenty of other guys." Kai pushed.

"You're irreplaceable." D.O removed his hands.

"That's not true." Kai insisted. D.O was hurt this time.

"Do you really want to leave me by myself?" D.O looked really sad, which broke Kai's heart a lot.

He realized how much they loved each other. He knew that he couldn't live without D.O since the day he confessed, but he wasn't sure about D.O's feelings. Now that he looked pained thinking about separation, Kai no longer had doubts. He felt their bond was much stronger now. 

"Of course not, I will never leave you alone. I will love you and you will always be my Do Kyungsoo, to the moon and back; to infinity and beyond; 'til the day we die; forever and always." Kai vowed.

D.O's frown turned upside down. He leaned his head in Kai's chest, feeling his slightly raising heartbeat, which was somewhat calming.

"And I will return your love a thousand folds over and you will always be my Kim Jongin, no matter what happens; 'til my hair turns white; even when the sun stops shining; even when my brother ties me up and locks me away." Kyungsoo promised.

And the two shared another kiss.

They broke the kiss and stared at each other, not caring what was happening around them. They were the only ones that matter for now.

At least until..

A fake cough. 

The two look up and saw a certain ing brother. Again!

"I thought I told you to stay away from my little brother?" Prof. Min Joon said through gritted teeth. 

"What are you doing here?" D.O asked standing up to glare at his brother. 

"Uh, sir! It's not what it looks like! I swear! We're just.. uhm, just--" Kai couldn't say that they were just kissing because it would make things awkward.

"Say no more, Jongin-ssi." Prof. Min Joon raised a hand.

"I can explain!" Kai said again. 

"No need. I heard everything."  D.O and Kai gaped at the older.

"Y-you only heard.. right, sir?" Kai asked hoping it was a limited knowledge.

"Let's just say I saw what I needed to see." Kai felt like burying himself. He was proud of his relationship with D.O and D.O himself. But it didn't mean his brother can WATCH them.

"Did you, seriously, just watch us?!" D.O's eyes bulged out. "Who does that!?" 

"Your brother." The prof answered plainly. "Besides,  what I'm about to say is something I'll regret. Probably 'til you two get married. So, listen."

"G-get married?" Kai was shocked. "Wait, does that mean.."

"Kim Jongin.. I allow you to be Kyungsoo's suitor." Prof Min Joon declared. 

"You--you allow? But why?" D.O queried.

"I trust that you two will take good care of each other." Prof Min Joon smiled.

Kai embraced D.O, then looked at the professor. "I will."

"Good. Because I will kill you. If you don't, that is." Prof Min Joon pointed at Kai.

"We will." D.O ensured Kai.

"Good. Because I will tie you up and lock you away if you make me regret my decision." he told Kyungsoo then put a hand on his shoulder, "I trust your judgement." 

D.O hugged him for an answer. "Thank you, hyung." 

"Of course. Now I'll be going. I'm a professor, not a babysitter." Prof Min Joon said and fix his coat then walked away.

The two looked at each other and kissed again. Passionately this time.

》》Later that night. The two were in their respective homes in their own room.

¤¤¤

Kim Jongin

Hey! I miss you

Hey! I love you

Hey! Where are you, Scooby Do?

Hey hey hey!

Are you avoiding me?

Relax. I was just eating dinner

I miss and love you too! :*

I was worried you were already sick of me. :*

Forever and always. Remember? 

You're forever and always sick of me?

Seen. 7:54pm

¤¤¤

'She's my babe
Saehayan geu son geuttae yeah
Nuga beorin chocolate
You're walkin--'

"hello?" Kai answered his phone.

"hey." 

Kai's eyes widened, he looked at the caller's name, which he failed to do the first time. Silly Kai.

"K-kyungsoo?" Kai bit his pillow to prevent his squealing. 

"Did you just squeal?" D.O laughed.

He squealed because D.O never called him first. It was always Kai who called; Kai who had to wait for the answer because D.O had to negotiate terms with his brother; Kai who had to find the right time so he won't disturb the other. No, this time it was D.O. So who wouldn't squeal?

Kai faked a cough. "No. I did not." Kai pouted. 

"Now don't tell me you're pouting." D.O chuckled.

"I am not!" Kai blushed. D.O knew him so well.

"I love you." D.O suddenly said out of the blue but he definitely meant it. He left Kai stunned. Was D.O the first to say that this time? 

Not hearing an answer, he bade Kai goodbye "Good night, Jongin."

Then the line went dead.

A few seconds later Kai was still stupefied. He only moved when his phone vibrated on his ear.

He received two messages.

After reading the messages, Kai sighed a dreamy sigh and sank back into his pillows and blanket. Drifting off to sleep, smiling like an idiot, at quarter to 9, because he didn't want anything else to happen. His night was already perfect.  

The messages read:

<FR: Pororo

I will never get tired of you. I will always love you. It will always be our first everything, everyday. Forever and always. I am your Mrs. Kim Kyungsoo. :p

TO: Crong>

<FR: Pororo

I promise. I love you! Good night :'*

TO: Crong>

 

 

♡Bonus!  (I guess!)

■D.O's Room; 15 mins after the conversation. 

D.O stepped out of his bathroom, wearing fresh pajamas. 

"I guess I should tell Luhan hyung?" D.O asked Pororo, the stuffed animal. 

Brrrt. Rrrt. Brrrt. Rrrt.

"Hello," the line said.

"Oh, hyung I--"

"If you're a stranger I'm busy at the moment! If you're Kyung, you know what to do!"

BEEP

"Hyung! Pick up! KaiSoo alert!" D.O shouted the scripted code. "For real!"

°°Luhan's room. Seconds before the call.

"Don't.. push so hard!" Luhan panted

"Well.. position yourself.. properly then!" Sehun said back at him.

The two were panting and sweating hard.

Saehayan light machim deo balgajin

"My.. phone.." Luhan gasped

"Leave.. Message.." Sehun said.

Hoesaekbit sky yodongchimyeo gallajin

"Hello, if you're a stranger I'm busy at the moment! If you're Kyung, you know what to do!"

"Hyung! Pick up! KaiSoo alert! For real!"

"Ok! No. That's D.O," Luhan stood up and ran for his phone, "Hello?" He press the loudspeaker. 

"Seriously?" Sehun threw his head back. "I was about to--" Sehun grumbled while wiping his sweat.

"Shh! Shut it. Yes Kyung??" Luhan was panting hard while asking.

"Are you.. ok? You sound a little out of breath." D.O pointed out.

"Yeah. Just peachy. What is it? KaiSoo. For reals??" Luhan changed the topic.

"Well. Yeah! I guess." D.O confessed. 

"Is it or isn't it?" Sehun asked still panting.

"Who was that?" D.O was shocked to ask.

Silence. Luhan made a strangling motion towards Sehun.

"Who was what?" Luhan played it cool.  

"Is this gonna take long?" Sehun rolled his eyes, then quickly clasped his mouth.

"That! You're with someone! " D.O accused. "Oh my goodness, are you ok? I'll call the cops!"

"NO!" Both male shouted.

"It's Sehun! Don't call the police!" Luhan frantically reached for the phone.

"What is it, son?" Luhan heard over the receiver.

"Never mind, dad! Love you, night!" D.O then returned to the phone.

"Hello, D.O? D.O?" Luhan panicked.

"I'm here." Luhan sighed and put him up on loudspeaker again, "So... Oh Sehun? You're with him?"

"No. He just came over." Luhan explained.

"I couldn't sleep and I had time. So I went to hyung's house to.. take care of some stuff.." Sehun misleadingly said.

"Oh my! Did I..did I interrupt.. something? " D.O took it the wrong way

"Oh, no. We were just arm wrestling." Luhan smiled at Sehun.

"And I was about to win! But then you called!" Sehun frowned. 

"So for that I thank you Do Kyungsoo. " Luhan pump his fist in the air.

"No fair."

"Life's not fair. We're teaching you about life. Oh yeah, speaking of life--D.O? KaiSoo?" Luhan stared at the phone expectantly. 

But then silence. 

"D.O?" Luhan took the phone in his hands "are you there?" 

"Yeah.. I'm here." D.O said. It sounded like he was sleepy.

"Did you just doze off?" Sehun leaned towards the phone.

"No.." D.O said his voice muffled. 

"I think he buried his face in his pillow." Sehun whispered to Luhan. 

Realizing the statement,  "Yah yah yah! D.O-yah wake up! You'll suffocate yourself like that! D.O-YAH!" Luhan screamed. 

"I'm fine, hyung. Just.. tired. Flora Haven.. Walk.." D.O mumbled incoherently. 

"Flora Haven? That's where you went with Kai?" Sehun asked.

"Mmhmm." D.O hummed

"That's romantic." Luhan chimed.

"Yeah.." D.O then snored after replying.

A few seconds of snoring. 

"I think he fell asleep." Sehun said.

"Thank you, Cadet Obvious. I didn't get that through all the snoring." Luhan rolled his eyes.

He looked at the clock, 15 minutes past 9 o'clock, D.O's self-proclaimed bedtime. 

Luhan sighed.

"Time to sleep, D.O." Luhan whispered softly.

D.O yawned. "Good night, Hyung. Good night, Sehun-ssi. Good night, Pororo." Then he hang up.

"Pororo? Seriously, how old is he." Sehun made a face.

"Old enough to be your hyung!" Luhan punch his arm.

Sehun rubbed it and whine.

"So! Round 12?" Luhan challenged.

"Hyung, challenge me til Round Infinity--you still won't win!" Sehun flexed his arm.

"We'll see about that!" Luhan smirked. "1,2,3!"

Bam!

"Ok round 14!"

Bam!

"I wasn't ready!"

Bam!

"16!"

Bam!

"Hyung! Give up!"

Bam!

"Never!"

Bam!

"Waaaahaa~ I give up~" 

"FINALLY!"

 

 

 


×A/N×

Subscribe, comment and upvote please! :") 

Pray for those who need it. And pray for those you love :)

EXO's COMEBACK!! Wooooo. They are amazing! Their new tracks will just rock you! They will make you more P.R.O.U.D. to be an Exotic! Make sure you listen to both K and M! Exotic!!