FIVE

Best I Ever Had

 

 

 

FIVE

 

"Kibum tell us what happened." Pierro tries to fish out something from Key but he seemed to be out of his mind.

 

Few minutes after Key pulled Eunji out they both returned with unusual aura as Eunji then excused herself saying that they needed to go somewhere but then she left her calling card to Naeun after she asked if they can still meet again.

 

"I....I need to go... excuse me." Key didn't respond on any of their question as he just tood up and leave without waiting for their response.

 

Pierro was about to call out his good friend but Taemin stopped him.

 

"It’s been a year since they last saw each other, let him have some time." Taemin said which just made the foreigner nod.

 

"But now, I wonder what happened." Naeun wondered as she stares at Eunji's calling card.

 

 

-

 

Key didn’t realize that he was already passing off his speed limit as he presses the accelerator hard, hoping that he can forget what he and Eunji has talked about outside the restaurant earlier.

 

 

 

 

 

"Kibum... Locket is...." One can say that Eunji is close to stuttering.

 

"Locket is.... my daughter." Eunji finished her sentence making Key's brow crease.

 

"And she's my daughter too am I right?" Key clarified making Eunji avoid his gaze.

 

"No Kibum, she's not your daughter." Eunji's reply made Key's eyes widen, obviously surprised with Eunji's response... and his expression also shows that he does not believe her.

 

"Eunji please... if you're doing this because of the separation-"

 

At Eunji didn't let him finish his sentence as she removed his hands that were now on her arms... and she can say that Key is actually trembling.

 

"Kibum look... I'm sorry.... I'm sorry if I broke my words a year ago... It just.... Happened."

 

Eunji tries to control herself as much as possible as she didn't want to breakdown in front of him.... Oh how she misses this guy....

 

"Eunji please...." Kibum feels in his heart that there is really something in Locket... That she's his daughter.

 

"Kibum please believe me with this one.... I'm telling you, Locket, she's my child... But not yours Kibum..." This time, Eunji stares into Key's orb, hoping for him to feel his sincerity.

 

"But.....But...." Key was suddenly lost on words.... Eunji sounded so certain.... She sounded so true.

 

"Kibum look... It seems like I frustrated you with my words... But if you suddenly feel that we need to cut all strings attached... Then you know where to find me... You can send it there." Eunji knows that her words seemed so harsh... But if it' a way for her to make Key stop and have him believe her words... Then she's willing to say it.

 

Key on the other hand knows what she's talking about...

 

Divorce papers...

 

 

 

 

 

"How can.... How...."Key can't even think straight.... Not unti he saw a traffic aid pointing on his car, signalling him to park at the side...

 

 

And for the first time in his life, he received a ticket..... And that is all because of over speeding.

 

 

 

-

 

               

"If I was Kibum, I would also be certain that Locket is my child.... You even named her after their company's name for heaven's sake!" As Eunji expected, she now receives none stop rants from her so called best friend, Sang Bum.

 

"I don't know.... I.....just don't know." Eunji replied with a sigh. It seemed like it’s been a very long day for her after unexpectedly meeting Kibum.

 

"Okay Eunji, I understand that you're tired and it's been a long day for you... So now go and rest as I'll take my leave." Sang Bum finally said with a sigh as he notices the tired expression written all over Eunji's face.

 

 

 

 

 

“Kibum??! What are you doing here?!” Eunji was totally shocked to open the door that revealed her husband standing in front of her doorstep in France.

 

It’s been almost a month since she arrived in France and she’s getting used to European life.

 

The next thing she knows, Key’s arms were already around her waist as he rested his chin on her shoulder, sniffing her scent that he misses the most.

 

“I miss you… I miss you Eunji… so much.” Key whispered.

 

 

It took him some time before realizing the things he has done. He once talked to his dad about what happened between them and received several words from his dad that he never expected to come from him.

 

“Eunji is the best girl for you… have you ever thought twice before doing the things you’ve decided?”

 

His dad’s question actually hit him. Have really thought about it? Or was he just being impulsive on his sensitivity over Eunji’s dedication on her work that she forgets about him? But… doesn’t he have the right to feel that way as he’s her husband?

 

 

 

“Kibum… what are you doing here?” Eunji asked as Key let her go of his embrace.

 

“I’m sorry if I took some time Eunji…. I know I became a jerk for not trying to patch things up and instead… I kept distance from you and pretended to be deaf over what the people around me has kept on saying… I’m sorry.” Key’s voice was filled with sincerity that Eunji can really feel it… but she have made up her mind.

 

This whole thing that happened to them has given her enough realizations and self-reflection. She realized that maybe it was really her fault…. Her fault why their marriage has come apart… and that’s all because of her desire to excel in work, to make it bigger that the way her company is now… that she probably forgot that she’s married to one of the most amazing man she has ever met.

 

Maybe what’s happening between them now is a challenge… a trial for their marriage… and she wants to know if until where can they do it.

 

 

 

 

 

“What do you mean?!” Key can’t believe what just Eunji has said. She let him in the house and served some snacks….. but what she said made him want to spit the drink he just sip.

 

“Kibum I’m speaking from what I think is the right thing to do…” Eunji tries to explain her idea to Key clearly.

 

“I took all the guts I have to come here to France to bring back our relationship… the build back our marriage… and you’re telling me that it’s better that we stay this way?!” Key can’t help but burst out over what Eunji has said.

 

She wants them to stay this way…. To stay away from each other… continue having the space that Key once asked.

 

“Are you doing to take revenge on what I did sweetheart? I said I’m sorry…. I was out of my mind and I just became too impulsive…. Eunji please-“

 

“We’re both being impulsive over things now Kibum… but my heart kept on telling me that this is the right thing to do… this is for us to know if this is really the right path for us to take.” Eunji’s self-reflection has brought her to think about this kind of situations and solutions.

 

“Is this… the end?” Key can’t help but ask. What Eunji is asking him is not easy…. After gathering all the courage he have to fly all the way to France…. This is what he gets…. He actually thinks that this is some sort of karma for him as he have decided to leave his wife…. But he don’t understand why Eunji wants them to stay this way.

 

“No…. what I’m asking you is just for a year… no talks, no communication… no tracking on what is happening to one another… continue leaving the life the way it should before we got married…. Let’s give this out a try… and in one year, if things are not the same as we want it to be… and things still brings us back to each other’s side… then let’s have it that way… be reunited again…. Let’s just consider this as something like… your wife went on a business trip… or your wife needed to attend on your business in France… as I think of the same.” Eunji explains things further making Key shut his eyes close. He can’t believe that this words are coming out from .

 

 Eunji is the kind of person who doesn’t say things that she haven’t thought of… and the way she sounds now… it seems like she’s so sure that she wants this to happen to them.

 

“Kibum look… I am not doing this because I regret marrying you and thinking of my life if I didn’t marry you… I never regret anything Kibum… this is just some sort of what if….” Eunji continued as this time, she stood up and sat beside Key, held his hand firm as she stares on his eyes. It was hard saying those words… but she means it…

 

She wants to try their what ifs…

 

 

 

 

Day after their talk, Key left France and continued his life in Korea…. And that started the thing Eunji calls ‘what if’ for both of them. Both were actually tempted to contact each other, to know the whereabouts and what about of each other… but they had everything controlled as they want to stick to each others promise…. And that is to stand to whatever they have talked about that day.

 

 

 

When Key saw Eunji, he thought that everything ends their…. The thing she calls ‘what if’ ends there… and they’re better to start anew as he knows that he still want her on his life… only her…. and when she saw the child…. He really had the feeling that she was his…. But Eunji’s words stabbed him hard.

 

How could that actually happen? Did Eunji find someone and fell inlove?

 

 

“This might help.” Key was surprised to see Taemin sit infront of him in the dining table as he placed a can of beer infront of him.

 

“Where did you get this?” Key knows his brother is not a fan of beer because of its strong alcohol content.

 

“I dropped by a convenient store on the way after I dropped by Naeun to their house…” Taemin replied as he opened his can and open Key’s as well. They took several gulp before looking at each other’s eyes, fighting over who’s gonna speak first.

 

“She said that the child is not mine.” Key finally spoke which made Taemin’s eyes widen.

 

“What?” he just needed to clarify…. At first look, the child actually resembles a bit of Key if you look at her carefully, especially the nose and lips while it has a cute eye smile that she might get from Eunji…. But how come…..?

 

“I asked her… I insisted… but she seems to firm that the child is not mine… how could it happen?! HOW did it happen?!” Key kept on ranting as he let the alcohol run down his throat, seriously hoping that it can help him out.

 

Taemin on the other hand can’t speak a thing… he doesn’t even know what to do or what to say… he just listened to his rants as he himself was surprised over what Key has said.

 

Could it be that Eunji is lying?

 

But what is her point in lying anyways? She and Key are not divorced, in papers, they’re still a married couple…. But literally separated… but still…. Who is Locket’s father then?

 

 

 

-

 

 

“Miss Eunji you have a visitor.” Eunji’s attention was called by one of her servant which just made her nod. It’s been two days since she last met Key and she didn’t go out of the house… call her a coward but she was afraid to meet Key anywhere.

 

“You really enjoy that eh?” Eunji plays with little Locket as she walks using her baby walker on the tiled ground in the garden.

 

“Sweetheart.” Eunji’s eyes widen upon hearing the voice from behind. She immediately stood up and turned around to confirm…. And she’s right.

 

“Kibum.” She called him, almost a whisper.

 

They were captivated in staring at each other… not until Key felt something touched his shoes making him look down…

 

A clapping baby Locket on her baby walker… and it was basically the walker’s tire that touched him.

 

“Hi little one.” Key tried to control his voice as he stood down to Locket’s level and kiss the little girl’s forehead.

 

“Kibum….” Eunji called him again making him glance at her with a smile as he stood up. He turned to look at the table only for Eunji to see a huge white teddy bear and a bouquet of roses resting on top of it. Key carefully got the roses and handed it to her.

 

“This is for you… and the bear is for Locket.” Key explained making Eunji look confuse.

 

“Kibum…. How many times do I have to tell you that Locket is-“

 

“not my daughter? Then let’s say I’m accepting whatever you said at the restaurant… that Locket is not my daughter… but I don’t care… for I’m here to take back what’s mine.” Key replied making Eunji’s eyes widen.

 

“What are you-“

 

“It’s been a year sweetheart… and I know in my heart that it’s still you… and would always be you... so what do you say?” Key cut her off making her bit her lower lips…. Embarrassed on how this man has actually hold up on what she said before.

 

“But Kibum I’ve got Locket-“

 

“As what I’ve said…. I don’t care Eunji…. Have Locket with you, I’ll take good care of her then… let things be the way it is… but what is important now is for me to have you back sweetheart…. That’s all I want…. And hoping that I’m still the one inside this.” Key replied sincerely as he even pointed to her chest where her heart is located.

 

Eunji on the other hand closed her eyes as she took a grip on the roses as if her life depends on it now.

 

 

 

 

“It’s a surprise to see you here Kibum.” Sang Bum remarked after seeing Key enter his office. He was actually surprised to receive a message from his secretary saying that he has a visitor…. Named Kim Kibum.

 

“Tell me… who is Locket’s father?!” Key didn’t wait to hear another word from him as he almost attached him if not because of the table in between them.

 

“Woah… hold on their man… keep your temper controlled…. What are you talking about?” Sang Bum tried to be cool as he tries to control him.

 

“Don’t act like you don’t know! Tell me who is Locket’s father?!... or perhaps…. Are you….” Key can’t even continue what he was thinking as he took several gulps. Yesterday’s conversation with Eunji kept him up all night… if only the alcohol didn’t work on him, he could have not got any sleep.

 

“What if I tell you that I am?” Sang Bum playfully replied…. As the next thing he know, he’s already blocked on the wall with his collars being held by Key.

 

“What the hell are you talking about?!” Key snapped making Sang Bum smirk as he pushed him away from his collar and fixed his tie.

 

“Don’t be too impulsive…. I don’t have anything to say by the matter you’re asking me… but don’t worry, I’m not the father, I love you best friend too much to the things that running inside your mind.” Sang Bum said as he finishes fixing himself and finally looking at the ranging Key.

 

“If I were you, I would just believe on whatever Eunji has said… If were you I would just do the thing I did one year ago…. That is taking her back…. You do know to whom does Eunji belong from the very start right? So don’t act like some sort of mad man going inside someone’s office to ask about useless things…” Sang Bum continued making Key loosen the grip on his hand.

 

In some point, in some point, Sang Bum is right, he have been waiting for when is the right time that ‘a year’ that Eunji meant would end… and now that she’s back, he should probably be working on getting her back that giving out a huge fuss over the extra baggage that Eunji brought home… as he told himself that he’ll accept it no matter what it is.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“She seemed to like you.” Eunji noticed as Locket continues to giggle on her high chair as Key feeds her some baby food while they’re eating snacks.

 

“I’m glad to know that.” Key replied as he touches the fluffy cheeks of Locket.

 

Regarding the thing that Key said to Eunji earlier…. The lass didn’t reply anything that could answer him instead just invited him for snacks. It just made Key chuckle as he believes that Eunji was just having the matter set aside for now… and he’s willing to wait.

 

“She’s really pretty… just like you.” Key can’t help but say it as he stares at Locket, her facial features cannot be ignored as her beauty at a young age is really visible.

 

“Her beauty is uniquely perfect.” Eunji added which made Key chuckle… their conversation has been going around Locket for some time now as once he attempts to divert the topic, Eunji always brings it back to Locket.

 

 

 

“Miss Eunji, Dr. Joonmyeon is on the phone.” Called her servant making Eunji cut her snacks.

 

“Excuse me.” Eunji said as she headed to answer the phone call.

 

Key on the other hand creased his forehead….

 

Joonmyeon is obviously a name of a guy… and he’s a doctor…. Why would a guy doctor call Eunji anyways?

 

 

====================

an update! Yeey! How was it?

comments?

thank you so much!