FOUR

Best I Ever Had

FOUR

It’s a free day for Eunji today since Sang Bum is occupied by attending meetings for the whole day. It made her decided to stroll Locket around Seoul. They went to different places that Eunji knows the kid will enjoy the sight for Locket is still a little one.

“Namjoo I’m getting hungry, should we grab something for lunch?” Eunji said to Locket’s nanny. She was lucky to meet a Korean caregiver in France who applied to be Locket’s nanny after the woman she was taking care of migrated to the US.

Namjoo then checked her watch to see that it was past twelve noon making her realize that they have been strolling around Seoul for almost two hours now. it was such a fun view seeing little Locket smile and laugh as if she was really enjoying the places they’re visiting.

“That would be a good idea Miss Eunji.” Namjoo replied as Eunji nod, she started checking her GPS to know if what are the restaurants around the area as her driver continues to drive while Locket’s eyes are locked on the window, watching everything that happens outside the car.

“Let’s go to Cuisine de Pierr then, I miss eating something French.” Eunji said to her driver as the driver copied what she said.

 

-

 

“This place haven’t change huh.” Taemin commented as they look around the area.

“Where is Pierro anyway?” Naeun asked as she looks around.

“I know he’s here, let’s just take a seat and ask the waiter.” Key replied as they walked directly to an empty table near the window. A waiter immediately walked towards them.

“Is Pierro around?” Key asked.

“He’s in his office sir, why do you ask?” replied the waiter.

“Please tell him that Key, Taemin and Naeun are around.” Taemin said which made the waiter crease his forehead as he checked the three persons from head to toe. In this generation, they can’t really trust anyone easily… but he immediately finds the three formal and respectable making him just nod and head towards Jordan’s office.

A minute or two later, the waiter came back saying that Pierro will be out in a few minutes since he’s still in a long distance call making the three just give out their order since it’s already lunch time.

 

-

 

“So this is his place here in Seoul? Not bad…” Eunji said as she looks at the restaurant from the window.

“Sir Pierro would surely be surprised to see you and Locket here in Seoul Miss Eunji.” Namjoo replied as she fixes Locket’s shoes. The little girl has already learned her steps but still needs someone to hold her.

“Okay then let’s go.” Eunji said after she has finished typing her text message to Sang Bum for he asked about the whereabouts of the mother-daughter tandem.

“Our little Locket seemed excited to walk but it’s a no-no for now dear, there’s a staircase in there.” Eunji said as she faced Locket who’s being carried by Namjoo. She then fixed the little girl’s dress before they headed in the restaurant.

 

 

 

 

 

-

The food has just arrived yet Pierro is still out of their sight. As Naeun prepares utensils for the two guys a sudden cry of a baby was heard inside the restaurant. It immediately caught their attention…

Well… literally…

 

As they were surprised to see if who was the baby with…

 

“Eunji?” Key gasp as he saw the figure that stopped in the middle of the staircase to get the baby girl from someone.

Naeun and Taemin immediately exchanged nervous glances…. As they didn’t expect the two to meet this way…

But what surprised them…

Was the baby that’s with Eunji…

 

Did she got pregnant and had hers and Key’s child on her own?

 

Key on the other hand is flustered. He suddenly felt his body numb with the sigh of the crying baby on Eunji’s arms.

 

“Eunji!”

 

They were surprised to see that it was Pierro who called Eunji as he just got out of his office. He immediately approached them and got the baby from Eunji’s embrace.

Key, Taemin and Naeun on the other hand were frozen over the scene as their eyes just follow the figures on the stairs.

 

 

 

“What does our baby Locket need?” Pierro ask the sniffing baby on his arms as he wipes away her tears. Eunji then got her hanky and wiped it off.

“She wants to go down and walk but I’m afraid since you’ve got a high staircase in here.” Eunji explained which made Pierro nod… but had another thought.

“But on the second note…. What are you doing here lady and with Namjoo and Locket?” he asked… as he was actually surprised to see them from the door of his office earlier. As he went out, his attention was called by the crying baby on the stairs and was surprised to see that it was none other than Eunji and Locket.

“Well then…. Surprise!” Eunji even sounded sarcastic but it made Pierro laugh.

“Ah seriously Eunji you never change… come…” Pierro said as he led the way.

“Well it’s only been months since we got to know each other when you visited France.” Eunji replied. It’s true, she met Pierro in his restaurant in France. She was surprised when the native of the land can actually speak her language… and since then she got a new friend who happened to return to Korea two months before she decided to return.

 

“Sir.” Pierro was about to lead Eunji, Namjoo and her driver while carrying baby Locket to the VIP room when his waiter came to him.

“Yes?”

“I just would like to remind you that there are people who’s looking for you.” the waiter reminded which made Pierro hit his forehead…

“Oh right! Key, Taemin and Naeun!” Pierro suddenly said as he look around, trying to spot his guests…. But his words suddenly made Eunji froze on spot…

‘They’re here?’

 

“Oh there they are!” Pierro suddenly said as he saw them… looking at him, Locket and Eunji.

“Namjoo take Locket from Pierro, I guess we better go ahead since he got some guests.” Eunji suddenly said… as she wasn’t prepared to meet them yet… especially Key.

“Not yet madam… I still need to bond with this cutie pie… and I’ll let you meet my friends, come.” The clueless guy said as he walked ahead, still with baby Locket on his hand.

Eunji shot her eyes close as she bit her lips… wanting to rewind what had just happened for her not to decide to visit Pierro’s restaurant… but she knows it would only be a miracle… and it’s too late.

Namjoo glanced at her but she just remained with straight face. Namjoo knows about things as Eunji considers her as a friend more than Locket’s nanny.

“Miss Eunji…”

“Let’s go… we need to meet them right?” Eunji said as she gathered herself up. There was no point in hiding… afterall…. It’s her brother-in-law, future sister-in-law…. And most especially…. Her husband.

 

“Hey you there guys! I’m sorry if I took too long, I was so caught up with the phone call.” Pierro approached them… which brought the three back to reality.

“It’s okay… we’re just starting anyway.” Taemin was the first one to regain himself as he glance over at Key.

“Well then I think it wouldn’t be a bother if I ask you to move to the VIP right?” Pierro suddenly ask as he notice that they’re food were remained untouched.

“And besides, I also got some friends who came back from France together with this cute little baby…” Pierro added as he played with her…. not aware of the eyes that were locked on the innocent baby on his arms.

“Say hi to them Locket.” He baby talked as he held her hand to do a wave… where Naeun and Taemin respond… while Key remained speechless over the matter as he tries to process things in his mind.

“And ofcourse I’d like you to meet her pretty mom… Eunji and this is Namjoo.” Pierro then introduced the two ladies behind him…. Namjoo showed her respect first as Eunji was flustered to stand infront of three of the most important persons in her life.

“It’s nice seeing you again…” Eunji managed to say as she tries to find the right words but she was surprised when she suddenly received a hug…

 

“Oh Eunji you don’t know how much I miss you… I miss you so much!”

“Naeun… I miss you too!” Eunji replied as she caresses the future wife’s back.

“Welcome back Eunji!” Taemin immediately greeted with a short hug after Naeun let go of Eunji…. While Key remained in his place.

“Woah-woah hold on there… you guys know each other?” Pierro suddenly interrupted the moment which made Taemin nod.

“but it would be better to talk about stuffs in the VIP as you say…. Should we move there now?” Taemin replied… as he thinks that it would be better to clear things out as he pulled the frozen Key from his seat… while his eyes remained glued to Eunji… and to Locket.

 

“Uhm, can I hold her?” Naeun suddenly asked as she pointed at Locket. She’s one of the girls who really loves to take care of babies.

“Eunji?” she then faced her which just made her nod.

“Locket adjusts a little with new faces but she’ll get used to you.” Eunji said which made Naeun nod as she carefully got the baby girl from Pierro. At first, Locket was just staring at her with a hint of tears in her eyes as it was her first time to see her…. but then Naeun smiled as she felt Locket touch both side of her cheeks then a giggle escaped from her.

“Hi Locket… I’m aunt Naeun…” Naeun introduced herself as she planted a soft kiss on the baby’s cheeks.

“Seems like she likes you.” Eunji suddenly said which made Naeun smile for more…. As she stares at the baby’s feature… trying to figure things out.

“Then should we go to the VIP then? I guess my waiters have prepared it well.” Pierro said as she led the way while the girls followed behind… as well as Taemin and Key.

“Gather yourself up…. It’s the first time in almost one year for the two of you to meet… and she even has a baby.” Taemin suddenly said as he patted Key’s back, trying to give him some courage but it just made the man shut his eyes close, trying to clear his mind in order to face Eunji.

 

 

“So… would you like to tell me how did you guys know each other?” Pierro started the conversation as he noticed a different atmosphere between them as they started eating.

No one dared to talk…. As it was only Namjoo’s whisper can be heard while she’s feeding Locket some sort of baby food.

 

“He’s my-“

 

“She’s my wife… Eunji is my wife.” Key suddenly said cutting off Eunji… and his words made Pierro’s eyes widen.

“Eunji… is your wife? The one you said who migrated in Europe?!” Pierro clarified which made Key nod.

Eunji then remained silent as she stares into his dark orbs… as she suddenly felt something inside her….

 

The feeling of longing as she now finally sees him face to face.

 

Key on the other hand does the same…. He just stares at her… trying to recall and figure things out…. Until he thought of something…

 

 

“Guuuys!” Pierro suddenly called them up but Taemin and Naeun stopped him.

“Let them have this time… don’t worry they won’t make a scene.” Naeun said…

 

As a scene has just happened infront of them… Key suddenly stood up and pulled Eunji from her seat. He then pulled her out of the VIP room.

 

 

-

 

“Kibum.” Eunji whispered as they stopped outside the restaurant.

But she was taken a back when she suddenly felt arms embracing her…

And it’s none other than Kim Kibum.

 

“Tell me something that I don’t know Eunji.” Key whispered which made Eunji’s brows furrow as she tried to get out of his embrace.

“What are you talking about?” Eunji asked as she has finally freed herself from him.

“Locket…. Who is she? She’s my child right?” Key immediately asked. There was no point in having the story go around as he knows her… he knows Eunji… that he’s the only man for her.

 

“Kibum…. Locket is….”

 

 

=========================

how was it?

comments?

thank you so much! :)