ONE

Best I Ever Had

ONE

“Kibum, I love you unconditionally and without hesitation. I vow to love you, encourage you, trust you, and respect you. As a family, we will create a home filled with learning, laughter, and compassion. I promise to work with you to foster and cherish a relationship of equality knowing that together we will build a life far better than either of us could imagine alone. Today, I choose you to be my husband/wife. I accept you as you are, and I offer myself in return. I will care for you, stand beside you, and share with you all of life’s adversities and all of its joys from this day forward, and all the days of my life.”

“Eun Ji, today, I promise you this: I will laugh with you in times of joy, and comfort you in times of sorrow. I will share in your dreams and support you as you strive to achieve your goals. I will listen to you with compassion and understanding, and speak to you with encouragement. Together, let us build a home filled with learning, laughter and light, shared freely with all who may live there. Let us be partners, friends and lovers, today and all of the days that follow.”

 

 

 

Another batch of tears escape from Eun ji’s eyes upon remembering those vows that they did infornt of the presider. That day was one of the most special and best day in her life…. But seems like everything is ruined now.

It’s been three days since Key has left and he has never contacted her nor she can contact him. It frustrates her more, she have tried her best to do something just to have her husband return as she has even contacted his friends but ended up not knowing about his whereabouts.

For three days, her usual routine has been lying on the bed, eat a little when being pushed by her maids, sleep, wake up, stay in bed…. Think of her happy moments with Key… then starts to tear up again. She has even joked herself about saying that him being her life.

 

Her thoughts were distracted as another ring from her phone echoed all over the room. She lazily adjusted her position to reach for her phone just to see 23 missed calls, all from her colleague and best friend, Kim Sang Bum.

“Hello?” she hastily said.

“Eun ji! Do you understand if how worried I am now???! I’ve been calling since yesterday yet you didn’t give me any response! You being absent for a day or two is acceptable, but now that it’s the third day and you haven’t given me any notice, it’s a No-no! Now tell me what is going on?!” Sang Bum’s rant just made Eun ji close her eyes trying to understand what he was talking about.

 

“I’m sorry Sang Bum but-“

“It would either be you’ll be here in the office today… or I’ll ransack your house… just choose.” Sang Bum didn’t let her finish her sentence, he badly want to know what’s going on with his best friend, it’s so unusual for her not to go the office even how busy she is. She can still remember her passing by the office even though she and her husband, Key has an out of town date.

 

 

-

It didn’t took Eun ji an hour to get ready and now she’s infront of her company. She didn’t want her best friend to go in their house for she’s sure that he’ll just interrogate the maids to know if what really happened.

 

“Now, am I really seeing Eun ji?!” Sang Bum immediately approached her when she reached their floor. She didn’t mind looking at him as she walk directly to her office. She was wearing a casual attire with an oversized sunnies to cover her eyes for she didn’t have any energy to even put make up to cover the circles on her eyes.

 

“Atleast you can give me a minute or should I have it scheduled?” Sang Bum sarcastically said as he sat infront of the table of Eun ji.

 

“Cut the crap out of it Sang Bum, what do you need to have me here in the office?” Eun ji acted impatient as she sat on her chair.

“Won’t say a thing regarding it if you won’t tell me about what’s happening to you.” Sang Bum was firm in knowing what’s wrong with his best friend.

“Can’t you get the fact that I don’t want to talk about it?!” Eun ji’s voice raised as she unconsciously removed her sunnies revealing her tired eyes which made Sang Bum’s expression soften.

“Seriously Eun ji, tell me what’s wrong…. I know there is something…” Sang Bum said as he reached for her hand and stared at her glistening eyes, obviously indicating that another set of tears might fall anytime.

Staring into Sang Bum’s eyes, Eun ji felt her heart got heavier, she doesn’t know if she has the power to talk about it.

“Kibum…..” she started as a tear escaped her eyes, it just stabs her.

“What happened?”

“Kibum… he left me…” Eun ji looked down upon saying those words making her tears fall for more. It took Sang Bum a second or two to analyze what’s happening.

 

 

-

 

“I still can’t believe that I’m seeing you here Mr. Kim.” One of his Japanese workers said as they make their way up the fifth floor of the building that Locket Corp is constructing in Japan. Since he left their house, he didn’t have the heart to stay in Korea making him take a flight to Japan though their Corporation, saying that he needs to check on the construction of the Mega Market, one of the biggest project closed by the Locket this year.

 

“I just have to check on my workers.” Key replied with a smile… though deep inside, his mind and heart is left in Korea, still thinking about what is currently happening with his wife. He have once gathered his courage in calling one of their maids, only to find out Eun ji’s current situation. As he got to know that his wife is unwell and is in the worse situation, he badly wanted to go back and be with her again… but still, there’s a part of him that says he needs to control it in order for them to both contemplate about things. He just told their maids to look after her all the time.

 

“Key!” he was surprised when he heard a voice from behind. As he turned to see if who was it, he was even more surprised to see his brother, Taemin in the construction site. As far as he know, he got a one month leave to Spain with his girlfriend, Son Na Eun.

“What are you doing here?! I thought you’re still in Spain-“

“I cut the Spain escapade to be here.” Taemin cut him off and even stares at him fiercely.

“What’s wrong Tae?” he’s confused by the actions of his brother, so not him.

“We…. Need to talk.”

 

 

-

 

“have you talked to him?” Sang Bum asked after spending more than an hour in consoling the crying lady infront of him.

Eun ji shook her head for a no.

“I honestly don’t know what to say Eun ji…. You and Key are like in a fairytale, telling me this story is making me confused on what to say to you.” Sang Bum honestly said as he continues to rub her back to sooth her pain. He has been Eun ji’s best friend for some time now and he can’t get over the fact that she’s now left by her husband. He understand Key’s stand over what he did…. But still, seeing her in this situation makes him confuse weather to believe that everything is going to be alright between the two or not.

 

“Am I that bad wife Sang Bum? Am i?” Eun ji whispered as she buried her head on Sang Bum’s shoulder to cry for more. It seems like even she cries a bucket of tears, they won’t be gone.

Sang Bum closed his eyes, not knowing what to respond.

 

-

 

“I can’t believe you did that!” Taemin hissed after Key finished his story. Key was actually surprised when he got to know that Taemin has idea about what happened to his marriage.

“I didn’t have a choice, we both needed space.” Key replied as he buried his face on his palms, not knowing if he meant what he said.

“I called your house to ask you about what you and Eun ji want from Spain since me and Na Eun are buying stuffs… but it was your maid who answered me and I happened to catch her words until she didn’t have a choice but to tell me what happened… Eun ji is miserable now!” Taemin ranted. Among the other girls that Key has dated before he met Eun ji, he didn’t like a single one of them. He hated the way they talk, the way they flirt and everything about them… but after Key met Eun ji, he immediately told him that he wants her to be his sister-in-law. And now that this thing is happening, he wouldn’t allow anything bad to happen between their marriage.

“You know how much I love Eun ji…. But…… I don’t know….” Key feels helpless. He’s having a lot of thoughts in mind making his heart feel a lot more heavier.

His wife, their marriage and their family.

 

 

======================

hi! Sorry for I took some time before posting my first Chapter and I know that it's kind of short... but I promise to make longer ones soon. :D I'm a bit busy these days making it hard for me to update, but I hope you like it :)

comments?

thank you so much!