THREE

Best I Ever Had

THREE

 

“It was nice doing business with you Ms. Yagi.” Key said as he has finally settled firsthand information about their newest client.

“Drop the formality Mr. Kim, call me Arisa or better yet Ari as what people call me.” Arisa, daughter of a Korean Chaebol and a Japanese O-kane mochi who plans to open her own shopping center in Incheon. Although a woman with grace, Arisa is very business minded just like her parents making her want to do things on her own without her parents being concerned, that is why she got a different construction firm to build this shopping center of hers from the one her father gets when building business for their enterprise.

“Then you better call me Key then.” Key replied with a smile. Throughout the whole meeting, Key was amazed on how Arisa handles their conversation with class and glamour.

“Key it is… I need to get going now since I still need to meet few people.” Arisa said which made Key nod.

“I’d meet you for the initial draft and contract then?” Key clarified as Arisa nod and smile.

“It was nice meeting you Key.”

-

“I am really, really sorry Sang Bum, Ms. Jung… I had some urgent things to do, some sort of emergency came up so I wasn’t able to contact you about me being late.”

“It’s okay Dr. Junmyeon.” Eunji replied with a smile which made the panting doctor heave a sigh.

“Then let me introduce myself properly, I’m Dr. Kim Junmyeon.” Junmyeon introduced as he offered a handshake to Eunji.

“I’m Eunji.” She replied, still showing off her smile.

“So shall we take a seat?” Sang Bum interrupted as both of them nod.

 

 

“Junmyeon, we should have just met in your clinic.” Sang Bum started the conversation after they have given out their order for their late lunch for its past 2 pm already, and yes, they waited for two hours for Junmyeon to arrive. If it wasn’t because of his late call informing them that he’s on his way, they could have left the restaurant already.

“My clinic hour ends by twelve today so I thought that I couldn’t entertain you for another doctor uses the clinic after me but the ER happened to have an emergency case of a child and I was the only available doctor in pediatric department making me take charge of the kid.” Junmyeon explained which made Sang Bum and Eunji understand the situation.

“How’s the kid?” Eunji can’t help but ask.

“The kid suffers the very rare dengue fever that happens in our country. We had her receive blood transfusion, good thing it was just an early symptoms so it was a good thing that we have treated her immediately.” Junmyeon replied making Eunji weave a sigh of relief for she had a sudden feeling of concern over the kid.

“But right now, I don’t see that you brought your child with you.” Junmyeon suddenly said making Sang Bum and Eunji nod.

“I had her rest for a while since this is going to be her first time here in Korea, you know some sort of adaptation with the new environment.” Answered Eunji.

“Oh I see, but I’m hoping to see her soon.” Junmyeon said with a smile. Being a pediatrician, it really brings him joy seeing the little ones.

“I’ll be bringing her to your clinic once we get a schedule, but I brought a photo of her, as well as her medical records.” Eunji replied as she handed it to Junmyeon. The professional immediately checked out the baby’s photo which made him smile.

“So we’ve got such a cutie here.” Junmyeon complimented which made Eunji smile.

“Junmyeon, I’m risking my name to my bestfriend for you to take good care of my god-daughter while they stay here in Korea... do your job well.” Sang Bum jokingly warned which made them burst into laughter.

“I will do my job well Bum, don’t worry.” Junmyeon said which assurance.

“Babies really need proper medical care… especially that she’s just turning one year old and has just travelled from a foreign land.” Junmyeon added as he continues to admire the cuteness of the little baby on the photo.

 

-

 

“Sir-“

“You don’t have to remind me again Bomi, it’s your nth time… I’m getting ready.” Key stopped her secretary from continuing her words as he was already standing up and fixing his things. Since the other client needed to do something urgent, they had to reschedule the meeting making him have a free afternoon from meetings as he continued working on with some papers. After it was past five, Bomi started going inside his office every after fifteen minutes, reminding him about the dinner they have with the Son, ofcourse to have everything settle before the wedding day.

Key’s response made Bomi giggle in embarrassment. She wasn’t supposed to do it if it wasn’t because her sir Taemin who kept on sending her message asking if she has reminded Key, if he’s getting ready and such.

“I’m sorry to bother you sir.”

“Don’t worry, it was never a bother, it was sort of an alarm clock.” Key continued to tease which made Bomi fluster.

“I’ll get going, you can leave the office after fixing everything.” Key said after he has settled his things and got his phone.

“I will sir, enjoy the dinner.” Bomi replied as Key started walking out of his office making her enter the room to fix his papers.

 

-

 

“It would be fine without a cake honey.” Naeun hears his fiancé over the phone which made her giggle.

“I know it wouldn’t be fine for you honey… I’ve been a bit busy with the airlines and the reception so I couldn’t bake and mom also needed to cook the other dishes so I must really buy this one.” Naeun replied.

“Then, did you bring your car?” Taemin asked on the other line.

“Nope, I’m riding a taxi since I hitched with dad to the office earlier.” Naeun replied making Taemin groan on the other line.

“How many times do I have to tell you that-“

“I’m fine okay so-“

“Is it the same cake shop?” Taemin interrupted her.

“Yep.”

“Then I’ll fetch you there, just wait for me.” Taemin said making Naeun want to protest but he didn’t wait for her to respond.

“And don’t bother to protest, I’ll get going. Take care, I love you.” Taemin then ended the call making Naeun blush over his concern. In a few more weeks, she’s finally marrying this man.

 

“We’re here ma’am.” Said the cab driver making Naeun shut her eyes as she realized that she was having a little moment in her own little world as she didn’t realize that they have arrived. She immediately paid for her fare and got out of the cab.

Naeun then entered the cake shop where she and Taemin would usually get a take-out cake for events. She started choosing three round cakes for the family dinner. She then settled on one of the table near the glass window with a frappe as she waits for the cakes to be ready.

Naeun started checking on her phone for some messages. As she took a sip of her drink, she incidentally glanced at the glass window besides her making her eyes widen.

“Eunji?” she suddenly blurted as she stood up and hurriedly walk towards the door to check if her vision was right.

“Three round cakes for Ms. Son Naeun.” She was interrupted by the call of the waitress. She then glance back to where she saw Eunji…. And she was pretty that it is her walking with a guy.

“Ms. Son here’s your order.” The waitress just approached her and handed her the cake for she didn’t get any response from her.

The frozen Naeun was brought back to reality by what the waitress made. She immediately run out of the cake shop to see if Eunji was still there but the car that she saw where Eunji entered has already sped off making her not get even just the plate number.

Naeun is still in the state of shock.

‘Is she really back?!’Naeun can’t help but ask herself. She was sure of what she saw, it was really Eunji. She has gone a lot more prettier than the last time she saw her. She’s not sure but she think that the guy with her was Sang Bum… but what’s more important now is that, she’s really back… or not?

“Honey, you didn’t have to wait outside, you should have just waited for me inside.” Naeun’s thought was distracted by Taemin’s voice as he was now standing infront of her getting the cake boxes from her hands as he planted a kiss on her cheeks.

The lass immediately noticed something different from her fiancée.

“Naeun, is there something wrong?’ Taemin asked as he touched her cheeks but she just shrugged her shoulder.

“No… there’s nothing…. I just….” Naeun suddenly didn’t want to tell him about what he saw before she’s sure.

“Ugh nothing… nevermind… should we get going?” Naeun changed the topic as she brought up her emotion making Taemin confused but just nod with her question.

 

As they travel to the Sons’ residence, silence fills the air as Taemin concentrates on the road while Naeun types a text message on her phone.

 

Please check if there is a flight registered to Jung Eunji from France. If not on our airlines, please do check it from the other ones. This is urgent, thank you.

 

If it was really Eunji that she saw, then she can be one of the happiest persons for she has always wanted Eunji to be her maid-of-honor that’s why until now, she doesn’t have one. Even on the invitation, she has left the maid-of-honor stop empty for she told herself that if it wouldn’t be Eunji then she wouldn’t want to have one.

On the other hand, she understands the risk of what she wants, having Eunji around would most probably bring back things from the past… especially the one between her brother-in-law, Key and Eunji.

 

“Tell me what bothers you.” her ocean of thoughts was once again interrupted by Taemin as she felt him reach for her hand to hold.

“Nothing… really.” Naeun tried to convince him but just made him garner a look from him.

“I’m just thinking about a few things for the wedding.” Naeun lied which made Taemin give her a little grip.

“I told you that you shouldn’t be stressing out yourself with the wedding preparation, we’ve got our organizers to do it for you okay?” Taemin replied as he kissed her hand making her feel a bit guilty in lying.

“I’m not stressing out too much, and you do know that I want to become hands-on with everything, this is one thing that I got from Eunji.” Naeun suddenly replied…. As she realized that she has just mentioned Eunji’s name.

“You’re right…. Sister-in-law had been hands-on during the preparation of her and Key’s wedding.” Taemin replied with a sulking heart. He can still clearly remember how perfect the wedding was… that’s why he have always wanted to have one as perfect and as solemn as that…. And now that he’s finally having it, he once hoped to have Key and Eunji see his own wedding…. But this time, he don’t think that it’s going to be possible.

 

-

 

“I can’t believe that I agreed with your suggestion on taking a take out for dinner.” Eunji said as they’re now on their way home. Eunji wanted to get a grocery to cook for something for dinner as she called their cook at home to not prepare something for she finds herself wanting to cook…. But she ended up buying take out as Sang Bum convinced her.

“If you’re going to a grocery, ask a nanny or someone in your house to accompany you and not me.” Sang Bum replied with a smirk making Eunji make face. She was aware that the restaurant they had a take-out serves one of the best dishes but stil… it was her chance to cook!

“I don’t understand how So Eun could actually stand you.” Eunji replied making Sang Bum smile. If it’s been a year that Eunji left Korea… it was the time Sang Bum met Kim So Eun, the woman in his life now. She’s a new employee in their company replacing one of their department heads.

“She loves me that’s why.” Sang Bum confidently reply making Eunji cringe as it brought laughter inside the car.

 

 

-

“I can’t believe that in a few weeks, our only princess will not be ours anymore… she’ll soon be tying a knot.” Naeun’s mom fake a cry while they’re eating making everyone laughs over the humor of the mother.

“Mom I’m still going to be your only princess… it’s just that, you’re princess found her prince charming.” Naeun replied to her mom making everyone giggle in the table… as Taemin’s cheekbones rose as he smiles brightly over his fiancé’s statement.

Everyone enjoys the dinner as Naeun stood up to prepare the cake she bought.

“I’ll help you out.” Taemin offered but she declined seeing that her fiancé is not yet done with his meal.

While Naeun is busily preparing the dessert with the help of their servants, she felt her phone vibrated inside her pocket.

“Please bring this first inside.” Naeun instructed as she got her phone to see a text message.

Asian Airlines Flight 031 from France has a registered passenger named Jung Eunji

 

-

 

“Naeun you seemed to think of something, would you care to share?” Key noticed that the future bride has been spacing out after she has served the cake. Taemin on the other hand needed to answer an important call making him excuse himself, leaving his brother and fiancée in the veranda as their parents were having their own tea time on the porch.

Key raised a brow as he realized that Naeun wasn’t able to recognize his call.

“Naeun… Son Naeun.” Key called her again, this time with a nudge making Naeun breakout from her thoughts.

Truth is, it has been bothering her… should she tell Key about Eunji’s return? What will happen then? She really wants the lass to be her maid of honor for she’s one of the most important girls in her life as she can also consider her as her best friend… but what will Key feel?

“Ugh, yes?” Naeun gathered her composure as she took a sip of her drink making Key crease his brows.

“There’s really something wrong with you Son Naeun… what is it?” Key is persistent. Having this girl in their family for a long time after she became his brother’s girlfriend, he found a part of himself, dedicated to become an elder brother to the lady… and seeing her in this state with the wedding just a few more weeks from now, he can’t help but think that her thoughts is being bothered by the event.

“Nothing… I’m just thinking about stuffs.” Naeun replied, trying to avoid an eye contact to Key as she decided to look up the sky.

“Can you tell me some of those stuffs?” Key asked.

“Uhm…. See I’ve got a friend whom I haven’t seen for a long time… then now she’s back… I’m just thinking if I’ll invite her to my wedding… especially that I don’t know on how to communicate with her.” Naeun tried to give it in as she glance at Key who was listening to her talk.

“So Chorong is back?” Key suddenly asked making Naeun’s eyes widen. She really thought that Key would be getting her words… but it ended up that he thought of a different friend of her. Chorong is her close friend who went to Singapore for her parents’ business and Key got to know her during one of her birthday celebrations when she and Taemin has already started dating making her invite his man’s elder brother.

“Ugh… well…-“

“Seems like the two of you are in deep conversation, can I join in?” Taemin suddenly entered the veranda as he puts his phone back to his pocket.

“Nothing much… it’s just your fiancée seemed to be bothered of something that’s why I kept on asking her if what is it… but she kept on telling me that she’s just thinking about stuffs.” Key explained making Taemin give Naeun a look.

“What’s wrong? You’re not yourself ever since we came from the cake shop…” Taemin asked as he placed his hand around Naeun’s shoulder but the young lass just shrug.

 

-

“We’ll get going now… Taemin drive safely.” Taemin’s mom said as they bid goodbye to the Sons. Key came with them so they just rode one car while Taemin brought his car so he decided to drive alone even though Key offered to ride with him.

“Yes mom I will… see you at home.” Taemin replied.

As soon as his parents’ car were out of sight, he faced Naeun and pulled her inside the gate making the lass surprise of his action.

“What’s wrong? Aren’t you going to follow them?” Naeun confusedly asked.

“Tell me what’s wrong Son Naeun… you’re spacing out, I’m not buying your words from earlier.” Taemin this time is the one persistent. If it was just him who noticed something wrong to his girlfriend, he could have let it pass as it might just be his paranoia… but no, his brother also notice it making him suspicious of what really is the lady thinking.

Naeun took a deep breath before looking into Taemin’s eyes.

“Come on, tell me.” Taemin said softly making Naeun put her guards down.

“Eunji is back.” Naeun finally said making Taemin’s eyes widen.

“Sister-in-law is back?!” he clarified making Naeun nod.

“How did you know? When?!” Taemin immediately bombard questions…

His brother’s partner is back… what will happen next then?

 

 

 

===============================

So yes, no Key-Eunji interaction for this chapter. When are they going to meet? :)

Comments?

thank you so much!