TWO

Best I Ever Had

TWO

It’s been one week….

And this time, even their families are aware of what is happening to their marriage.

“Eunji are you sure with this decision?” her mom asked as she just nodded, still spacing out.

“Eunji this is not an easy one, you’re leaving yet you’re not planning to get divorce?” her mom asked again making Eunji’s attention turn to her.

“Divorce?” she repeated as her mom shut her eyes close and nodded. Eunji has recently opened up the topic of leaving the country for the mean time… to actually give the space that Key asked her. Within the week, she found out that he’s in Japan which made her more shatter. Does that mean Key really need such space for him to go there?

“I’m not the one who asked for this space mom, I don’t want to waste time in processing such thing. If he somehow send such thing, then just send it to me for my signature.” Eunji absent-mindedly replied. Her mom just nodded knowing that her child is not in the right mind with such talk.

 

"For the last time, are you sure about this Eunji?" Her mom asked her for the nth time.

"Yes mom, if this is how it take to give space." Eunji replied halfheartedly. She herself is not sure if she's making the right decision.

"Sang Bum make sure that she's in good hands before leaving her." Her mom has been talking non-stop since they left their residence.

"Mom, you've got nothing to worry. I'm staying in Sang Bum's condominium unit with his trusted nanny. I'm getting a driver and I'll be spending time working for our company branch there. I've planned out well mom, don't worry" Eunji held her mother's hand for assurance as she didn't have any choice but to sigh. Her daughter is old enough to make her own decision.

 

It's been a week since the separation and no one has said a word to the other. It seemed like they forgot about their red string attached.

 

 

 

 

-

 

"Kibum you've been working day and night, atleast consider taking a break. Have some rest." Naeun said as she settled a cup of coffee infront of the busy Kibum. They're now staying in the residence of Key and Taemin's parents in Japan.

"Thank you Naeun but you don't have to do this." Key replied as he returned his attention to what he is doing.

"I received a call from Korea." Naeun started as she glanced at Key.

"A call from the airlines." Naeun continued. If Key and Taemin's family owns a comstruction firm, hers owns an international airlines. It called Key's attention.

"A direct flight to France was booked by Eunji and Sang Bum." Naeun said which made Key stop what he's doing.

"Why are you telling me this?" He suddenly asked.

"Honestly, after learning about what happened between you and Eunji, Taemin asked me to let the airline monitor your wife for he has a feeling that she'll leave the country." Naeun explained which just made Key take a deep breath.

"And I'll still do it even if Taemin didn't ask me to." Naeun added.

"Atleast she's taking a break... Just like what I'm doing." Key replied.

"Don't you think she's doing this to give you the space that you asked?" Naeun askes which made Key give her a look.

"She's old enough to make decisions."

"Seriously Key, is this heading to divorce?!" Naeun can't hold it anymore. Just like Taemin, she said that if she's lucky to have Eunji as her sister-in-law yet here is the relationship that they're looking up to... Almost hitting the rocks.

 

Naeun's question made Key drop the pen he's holding.

 

Divorce?

 

-

 

"Eunji, as much as I want to stay longer, the company doesn't have you back there so I need to go back." Sang Bum said as he bids goodbye to Eunji. A week ago they were in the same situation, the only different thing is that, they just arrived and this time, he's leaving his best friend.

"Letting me stay in your place is more than enough for me Sang Bum, you don't have to worry, I'm going to run the company with you from here, I assure you that." Eunji replied which just made Sang Bum smile and nod. He knows that she's still hurting with what is happening to her relationship with her husband yet she's trying to show a front. It's been some time since they separated and the two haven't contacted each other yet.... Too much for the 'space' that they needed.

 

-

 

"Congratulations Kibum, another deal was closed by you." His father proudly patted his elder son's shoulder.

"Thank you dad, I wouldn't have done it without you and Taemin's help." Key replied which just made his father laugh.

"I know, you brothers got each other’s back so you don't have to say it... But where's Taemin anyway??" His dad asked which also made him look around, realizing his brother is nowhere to be found.

"Maybe he's talking to Naeun over the phone to let her know the good news." key guessed which just made his father nodded.... But eventually brought out his serious face.

"But Key...." He started which made Key turn to look at him.

"Yes dad?"

"About you and Eunji..."

Key's face immediately look down as he sighed. He knows that his dad was going to open this topic. His mom has also been talking to him about it, even Taemin and Naeun.

“Son, I know you still have her in there.” His dad said as he pointed on his chest which made Key shut his eyes close.

“I don’t understand myself dad…” Key finally confessed it. It has been bugging him ever since he left Eunji and he doesn’t know how to explain it as he couldn’t understand himself either.

“Tell me about it.” His dad replied as he batted his brows and lead the way to his office for he knows that his son needs him now.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

One year later…

 

 

 

 

 

“Eunji I’m so sorry about the sudden call… it’s really an emergency.” Sang Bum exclaimed upon seeing Eunji come out of the arrival area. He immediately helped her out with some bodyguards.

“Not a bother Sang Bum… but wow… it’s been a year.” Eunji said as she removed her sunnies and looked around the airport. It’s been a year since the last time she stepped on those tiles.

“But before that, how’s our little Locket?” Sang Bum changed the topic as he approached the nanny holding an almost one year old baby girl.

“She kept everyone awake inside the plane.” Eunji replied with a laugh which also made Sang Bum chuckle.

“Our little Locket got a good skill in getting people’s attention huh.” Sang Bum said the little girl as he pinched her cheeks.

“Stop doing that I said!” his action made him receive a smack from Eunji.

“Okay I’m sorry…. Right baby…. Mommy is being moody again…” Sang Bum replied as he started baby talking to Locket who seemed to be again, captured by his charm.

“Stop capturing the child with your charm Sang Bum, where’s the car?” Eunji cut his so-called ‘moment’ with baby Locket as he pointed at the white van infront of them. Eunji smiled as she made her way to the vehicle being followed by Sang Bum as their bodyguards and nanny follow behind with another van.

 

“Tell me about the situation later.” Eunji said as the van started moving.

“Okay, I also brought the papers, auntie knows about your return but I insisted on her staying in Maldives and finish her vacation.” Sang Bum replied.

“That’s why I received a lot of scolding over the phone… too much of having you as my best friend.” Eunji replied as she rolled her eyes.

She wasn’t supposed to return home now, but a problem occurred in the company making her have an immediate return for her presence is needed. In the past one year, their company has made its way to the top when it comes to smartphones. It has already upheld a lot of influences to other country as well.

“Now let me have my baby girl.” Eunji said as she diverted her attention to the baby on Sang Bum’s arms. He the carefully handed the baby to Eunji.

“After everything is fine… are you going back to France or are you back for good?” Sang Bum couldn’t help but ask. He knows that if it wasn’t because of something that involves the company, Eunji would have not decide to return home.

Eunji glanced at him as she looked at the window with the dozing Locket on her arms.

That’s one question that she doesn’t know how to respond… she haven’t thought about it yet.

 

-

 

“Key your meeting with the designer later, don’t you dare forget about it.” Naeun said as she gave him a glare which made Taemin chuckle. They’re now having lunch in one of the Korean restaurant near the corporation. Naeun visited the brothers as she wanted to see her fiancé and on the same time, remind Key to go the designer for his tux to be worn on their wedding. They’re finally taking their next step in their relationship very soon making Naeun a busy-bee as she wanted to be hands-on in everything about their wedding.

“Honey don’t worry, I’d bring him there to lessen your worries.” Taemin assured his future wife as he held her hand which made Naeun smile and nod. Key on the other hand was just observing the two, chuckling on how cheesy they are.

“Atleast let me finish eating before making me witness all your lovey-dovey moment.” Key cut off their ‘sweetness’ which just made Naeun roll her eyes as Taemin laugh.

“You’re being jealous brother.” Taemin teased which made Key roll his eyes as he continued eating.

It’s been a year already.

 

-

 

“How’s my baby girl doing?” Eunji said upon entering the baby room. She asked Sang Bum to get someone change the interior of her mother’s house to suit a modernized era as she also asked to have one room turn into something that would suit the baby girl.

“She has just finished drinking her milk Ms. Eunji, it’s time for her to sleep but it seems like baby Locket is also experiencing jet lag.” Her nanny replied with a laugh which made Eunji smile.

“Is that so? Then mommy will take charge, you can take some rest nanny.”  Eunji gave out her permission as the nanny nodded and excused herself. Eunji then made her way to the crib and carried Locket on her arms. She then headed towards the bed and settled into a comfortable position with Locket on her arms.

“Baby must feel different with this environment eh? Should we stroll around the place where mommy grew up tomorrow huh?” Eunji started talking to Locket as if she’ll get a reply or as if the baby understands her. it has been her usual habit to talk to Locket before she sleeps as she feels like she’s really talking to a grown up.

“But for now, our baby must sleep… goodnight Locket, sweet dreams.” Eunji said as she kissed the baby’s forehead and started tapping her legs alongside with her humming of a lullaby.

After arriving in their house she has already talked to Sang Bum and had settled about the things that they need to do for the company. The thing is, one of their factory was burned by fire, no casualties but ofcourse, a lot of workers lost their job. The event made Eunji decided to go back since she can’t stand hearing news from afar. Sang Bum was also the one who kept on telling her that her support for the workers would be much more felt if she’s really around.

 

-

“Good morning sir, you’re coffee is in your table already.” Greeted Bomi, Key’s secretary.

“Oh thank you Bomi, so what do we have for today?” Key asked as he settled himself and had a sip of his coffee before returning his attention to his secretary.

“Well nothing much as per having a meeting with two new clients.” Bomi said as she reads Key’s itinerary for the day.

“Is that all?”

“Oh and a dinner with Ms. Son’s family, sir Taemin reminded me to tell you every hour about it since he needs to go to the site in Guri.” Bomi added which made Key smirk. His brother has always become his instant secretary.

“Okay, would that be all Bomi?”

“Yes sir, and the meeting for the first client is for lunch, we’ve already made a reservation on a nearby restaurant.” Bomi replied which made Key nod and allowed her to be excused.

 

-

 

“Eunji here’s the requests of the workers that are now idled because of what happened to the factory. We can’t accommodate them all to our other factories so some workers were chosen through the time they’ve spent with the company and the others were chosen through family status…. Then these are the persons that are left.” Sang Bum said as he handed the folder to Eunji. The supposed plan of the lass to stroll around the area with baby Locket is cancelled since Sang Bum needed her assistance with this matter.

“Can we really give out these requests? Wouldn’t it be unfair?” Eunji asked as she reads the content of the folder.

“I’m thinking about it also, that’s why I assigned one of our department to think about strategic plan in order to give jobs to everyone who’s under the burned factory until we’re able to figure out what to do next.” The charming man replied which made Eunji nod.

“How about the thing I asked about you yesterday?” Eunji asked.

“I’ve had a schedule, that’s one thing I forgot to inform you yesterday.” Sang Bum replied.

“When is it?”

“Today, at lunch.”

“Okay then.”

 

-

 

“Sir it’s time for you to leave for the lunch meeting.” Bomi said after Key recognize her presence inside his office. Key immediately checked his watch and clarified that it was already lunch time.

“Okay then.” Key replied as he stood up and roll the blueprint that he was going over earlier.

“Here’s the documents that you’ll be needing sir.” Bomi said as she handed out the folders to Key.

“Thank you Bomi, you can take your lunch as well.” Key then got his phone, closed the button of his suit and got ready to go.

 

 

 

===============

Hi! Its been some time since my last update eh? I hope I still got you there :) To the subbies, thank you so much :) 

How was it? What do you think is going to happen next? :)

comments?

thank you so much!