Threat

Sequel: A Beautiful Curse II

10.

Threat

~*~


Jongin watched as Lana walked away from him. He wished he could just run to her and bring her back but he knew that it was only going to endanger her life more than anything. Hence, he needed to trust her. No matter what, she would come back for him. With a heavy heart, he watched her leave. Although it was aching, he knew that she was still very much in love with him. That brief encounter they had was enough to assure her feelings for him.

Lana’s heart contracted in agony as she walked away from Jongin. She didn’t glance back at all fearing that it would be even harder to leave him again. She was glad to see him but why was her heart in so much pain. Was it because she is leaving Jongin? Or was it because she was being unfaithful to Yongguk, her fiancée?

Lana walked out of school. She realised Junhong must have left her after all that has happened. He must be mad at her; mad for treating Yongguk that way. She knew she was in the wrong but she couldn’t help it. She looked around, yet no sign of Junhong. He must have left her. So, she headed out of school to find the nearest public transport. And then she realised, she was no longer staying with EXO. The palace was inaccessible to any buses or train service. She sighed. She was thinking twice about calling Yongguk to fetch her but it would mean that Junhong would probably get a thrashing for leaving her alone. While she was trying to figure out a way to head back, a car swerved in front of her.

It was the same car she rode to school. She bent down to see Junhong. Without saying a word, she hopped on and instantly, the car sped away from the school.

The journey in the car was unbearably long despite Junhong driving in high speed. Although she was a little nervous at his recklessness, she trusted that nothing could go wrong considering he was different from normal. As the car made its way back, the silence was killing her and she just had to speak up.

“I’m sorry about just now.” Lana finally said. Junhong didn’t respond. He kept silent with his eyes fixed on the road. “I-I-I didn’t expect him. I’ve not seen him for a long time –“

“Don’t explain to me. Tell all that to Yongguk.” Junhong interrupted with a rather harsh tone.

It was the first time Lana heard him speak to her in that manner, which was somewhat terrifying. Junhong has always been the cheerful and bubbly friend. He was never rude to her at all. He would always be the one on her side. Yet this time, he has become total opposite from how he used to be.

“I know you’re angry but I –“ She wanted to continue but stopped because it was going to make him even angrier.

“You love him?!” Junhong raised his voice. “For God’s sake, Lana. You’re engaged and soon to be married!” He blasted.

Lana shuddered upon hearing his voice. However, she wasn’t going to lose out for being scared. She wanted him to know. “But I’m Jongin’s mate!” She retorted.

Junhong slammed the brake suddenly upon hearing her words causing Lana to almost being thrown out of her seat. Her neck was hurt but it seemed like Junhong couldn’t care less about her well being anymore. She could see his eyes turning red and his veins around his neck were protruding more prominently.

“Junhong –“ She called in a gentler tone hoping he would calm down. He was after all a vampire and the last thing she should do, is to provoke him even more.

“You’re the most selfish girl I’ve ever met. Do you know the sacrifice Yongguk hyung made just for you?! You’re ungrateful!” He scolded her.

Lana wanted to cry when he said those words to her. It was mean but it was the truth. She was selfish and ungrateful. After all that Yongguk has done for her, she still hurt him. He then continued the rest of the journey and the car finally reached the palace and before Lana could say a word, Junhong exited the car and slammed the door angrily.

“Oh kids, you’re back!” Youngjae was the first to greet but after he saw Junhong’s dark expression, he became tensed. “Junhong what happened?”

“Don’t ask. Just read our memories.” Junhong answered spitefully.            

Lana was right behind. When Junhong mentioned about reading memories, she turned to Youngjae and noticed a frown. Meanwhile the rest of the Princes have started to join, including Yongguk.

“Did you see it?” Junhong asked Younjae.

“What is he –“ Youngjae stopped when he saw Yongguk.

Yongguk looked at Lana before turning to Junhong and asked. “What happened?”

“That EXO guy was in school.” Youngjae answered.

Lana sighed and was about to explain when Junhong cut her. “I’m not going to school anymore. I’m done with this.”

“Junhong, don’t you dare –“ Daehyun scolded.

“What for? She doesn’t need our protection. I’m pretty sure that dog will be coming to school every day and she has him to protect her.”

“Junhong!” Himchan snarled angrily.

Lana was miserable. She has made Junhong really mad and it won’t be long before the rest of the Princes to be upset with her too. And of course, if the rest of the vampire kind knew that their future Queen who was still very much in love with a wolf, they wouldn’t think twice in killing her. She looked down in shame but a part of her heart was still adamant that whatever happened was beyond her control. She couldn’t just ignore Jongin’s presence. She just won’t.

Amidst the slight chaos, Yongguk entered and Lana couldn’t bring herself to look into his eyes. He looked at her before turning to Junhong to ask.

“Jongin was there?” Yongguk asked. His tone was still calm.

Junhong replied with an angry glare. “Yeah.”

Just a word of reply was enough for Yongguk. He knew whatever happened next was not what he wished to hear. He admitted that although Lana was living with him now, her heart belonged to someone else. Disappointment flashed across his face and he was controlling his anger a little too. He was angry that Jongin was there. However, he was even more upset at Lana.

Lana looked at him timidly before speaking up. “I –“ She stuttered. “We were just –“

Himchan being the most level headed at the moment despite possessing the most fatal gift out of them all, came to her and wrapped his arm around her shoulder hoping it would calm her down a little. “It’s alright. You didn’t expect him there. It isn’t your fault.” He assured and then turned to Junhong. “And you –“ He called out. “How could you be angry at her knowing she wasn’t the one who planned all this?”

Junhong looked like he couldn’t be bothered anymore. “Whatever. I’m not going to school –“

“Don’t be childish.” Daehyun scolded.

“If she has the least amount of respect for Yongguk hyung, she wouldn’t even see that dog again.” Junhong replied harshly.

“Junhong!” Yongguk confronted. “She’s your sister and you better respect her.”

Junhong shook his head and said. “I’m not surprised if one day, she will turn her back and betray us.”

Jongup approached the youngest prince and gave him a hard punch. Junhong faltered slightly but he didn’t retaliate. Instead, his eyes glared at Jongup. “Go!” Jongup ordered for him to leave the room. He needed to break away for a while. Junhong was too angry that his words came out harsh and mean.

Meanwhile, Lana was speechless. Junhong the friend she thought the nicest of them all just lost his trust on her. A tear dropped unknowingly as she watched him walked away without glancing a look at her. Her heart was torn apart. If only someone knew the dilemma she was caught in at the moment.

As soon as Junhong left, the rest of the Princes dispersed as well with their faces showing disappointment. At least they had better control of their emotions. Yongguk came up to her. Despite his calmness throughout, she could see that he was the most affected, even more than Junhong.

“Go wash up. We’ll prepare dinner in a bit.” He said before turning around and walking away.

Lana realised she has hurt him real bad this time round.

 

~*~

Jongin stood by the lake, absorbing the night air under the moonlight. He recalled the brief encounter with Lana in school that morning. Although it was short, he was more than happy to see her. He folded his arms while looking at the palace across. He was wondering what Lana was doing at the moment. Was she sleeping? Was she still awake? Or was she thinking of him? He smiled suddenly thinking of the kiss they shared. Gosh he missed kissing her so much.

After seeing Lana, Jongin gained strength. He felt even more alive than ever. For the past few weeks, he was basically a person without soul, living every day aimlessly. However, today everything took a drastic turn. He didn’t expect to see her. Surprised wasn’t even the word to describe his feeling. He felt thankful instead. Lana appeared at the perfect timing when he was at the lowest. Moreover, he was assured that she loved him still and that was enough for him to wait for her. Although impatiently, he was still willing to wait for her as she promised.

Jongin closed his eyes and let her heart beat resonated in his ears. This beat only meant one thing, she was still human. Another promise she must keep.

However, just when he was totally absorbed with the melodious tune which lifted his soul euphorically, he opened his eyes abruptly after sensing a presence.

“Why did you have to appear now?”

Jongin recognised that voice. He didn’t bother to look to know who it was. “I have every right to see her.” He replied.

Yongguk stood behind with his pale skin illuminating brightly under the moonlight. “She is already engaged to me.”

“So what? You know very well she’s in love with me.” Jongin turned around and glared fiercely.

“She has a promise she needs to fulfil or she’ll lose her life. You are only making things more difficult by appearing before her.” Yongguk stated.

“Don’t blame me just because she has a hard time living with you.” Jongin provoked.

Yongguk clenched his fist tightly as anger started to fuel. “You leave me no choice. I will have to take her to somewhere far away from you.”

Jongin snorted. “You wouldn’t do that. She will not live.”

Jongin was right, Yongguk thought. Yet, he wasn’t going to back down. “Time will heal all pain. Anyway –“ Yongguk stopped briefly before continuing with a smirk. “She already took the vow to become the Queen of my kind. She can never break that vow.”

Jongin became tensed. “I knew it! You were just using the King’s as a ploy to get Lana to yourself! You’re using her sacrifice for your own gain.”

“She chose to sacrifice to save you. I didn’t force her.” Yongguk replied nonchalantly.

“Damn it.” Jongin pushed Yongguk roughly. “She can’t be the Queen for you filthy blood ers. She’s a human!”

Yongguk pierced his eyes intensely at Jongin’s before speaking in a serious tone. “She won’t be human forever.”

That was enough.

Jongin threw a hard punch at Yongguk’s jaw but the Prince didn’t retaliate.

“You won’t change her!” Jongin yelled furiously.

“Then simple, don’t appear again and I’ll consider not changing her.” Yongguk spoke.

 

To be continued...


OKAYYYYY......is Yongguk for real or is it just a threat?

 

Sidetrack:

OMG~~~! I'm having massive withdrawals from EXO The Lost Planet last night................. KIM JONGIN IS PERFECT! AND THE REST OF THEM WERE AMAZING! I'M CRYYYYYY T____T