Parting

Sequel: A Beautiful Curse II

1.

Parting

~*~


The Council vampires lined up in a row and then bowed, not before Yongguk and the rest of the Princes but to Lana; the future Queen of their kind. They were filled with utter satisfaction knowing that they finally succeeded in not just obtaining a new Royal couple to reign their kind but also in controlling the Royal family. Yongguk seemed to be in no control and subsequently let to Lana having to become his Queen. Of course, why would he stop her? He wanted her by his side eternally and she made it easier for him.

“Prince Yongguk and Princess Lana, we’ll be waiting for the invitation.” One of the Council spoke and then gestured for the rest to leave. “We’ll take our leave.” They retreated and disappeared into the darkness.

Meanwhile, the rest of EXO moved towards Jongin who was fully knocked out. His face was badly beaten and he was not moving. But Lana was just thankful that he could still breathing. Luhan looked at Lana who stood a few steps away watching Jongin with a heavy heart. Chanyeol tore a part of his shirt and dabbed it on Jongin’s cuts, wiping the blood away. Just like Lana, the rest of EXO were in pain looking at the state Jongin was in.

As soon as the Council vampires have left, Lana went straight for Jongin. She bent down and embraced him tightly. Even if her clothes were dirtied by his blood, she couldn’t be bothered by it. All she wanted is to feel his warmth in her arms once again. Painfully, she cried out loud as she held onto him.

“Jongin, I’m sorry... I’m really sorry...” She whispered in his ear and gently his back. Although she knew that he wouldn’t be able to hear her speak, she just wanted to convey her honest feelings for him.

EXO couldn’t do anything to get their girl back because it was her decision after all. She wanted this. She wanted to save Jongin and this was the only way. It was hard for them to accept that she was going to join the other side but when her eyes displayed immense pain and suffering, they reluctantly abided to her request.

Joonmyun held her shoulders and soothed her back. “Lana, are you sure on what you’re doing?”

Lana shook her head helplessly. “I don’t know... I don’t want Jongin to die... I don’t want anything to happen to him.”

“What will happen to Jongin once he wakes up knowing the girl he loves dearly isn’t going to be with him anymore? What will happen to you?” Tao asked.

Lana closed her eyes and let the tears flowed freely. She hugged Jongin even tighter and then whispered. “He will understand because he knows whatever it is; I’ll come back for him.”

Yongguk who has been watching them silently, turned away with deflated shoulders. He approached Lana and was about to take her away since he has the right over her now. She has become his and she was the one who promised. However, he stopped and looked at the terrible state Jongin was in and then bent down to take a look at him.

“Can I?” He asked Lana who was a little hesitant to give Jongin to Yongguk even when she knew Yongguk wouldn’t do any harm to him. She just didn’t want to let go of the embrace.

Lana placed Jongin down and allowed Yongguk to take a look at him. He placed his hands on top of Jongin’s forehead and used his abilities to absorb the pain while healing his injuries. It only took a while because Jongin, himself, has his own ability to heal injuries.

Lana looked at Yongguk and softly mumbled. “Thank you.” Her attention went back to Jongin as she gently his cheeks. She picked his hand and held it tightly. It was hard looking at him all weak and helpless but it was even harder to leave him. However, she has made a deal. If she took back her words, Jongin would be killed. Hence, she must fulfil the promise.

“Luhan Oppa, please look after Jongin for me.” Luhan nodded at her request. She turned to Jongin and then whispered into his ear. “I love you.” Slowly, she closed her eyes, bent her neck closer to him and placed her lips onto his. She could feel the tender and warmth as she kissed his luscious lips. She didn’t want to pull away. She was submerged into his soul as she continued feeling his lips in hers.

Yongguk instantly looked away, unable to watch any longer. Even if she was going to be his Queen, it didn’t matter at all if her heart only beats for someone else other than him. He tightened his fists as he tried to control himself. He had to keep assuring to himself that Lana was going to his, regardless. But why was he feeling like he has lost her instead?

“Now, go. Take him away.” Lana finally released herself from Jongin and then faced the rest of EXO.

“Will you be alright?” Kris asked.

Lana nodded, although she wasn’t sure of the answer. “I’ll be alright.”

“Don’t have to worry. She will become our responsibility from now onwards.” Junhong assured EXO.

However, Sehun wasn’t too happy. “Lana, you remember the promise you made with Jongin? About keeping your heart beating...”

Lana nodded.  “Yes, I remember.” She looked at Yongguk and spoke. “Yongguk won’t do anything to change me.” Yongguk didn’t say anything. He didn’t want to make a promise he knew he wouldn’t be able to fulfil. Lana not becoming a vampire was definitely beyond his control.

“You heard her, do you?” Baekhyun looked at Yongguk. “If anything happens to her –“

“Lana, we have to leave.” Yongguk cut in before Baekhyun could finish his words. There was nothing more he could say. Every word about Lana becoming a vampire was only making him angry at himself.

Lana looked at Jongin for the last time before standing and taking a step back. Kris, Chanyeol and Luhan helped Jongin up.  Even after being healed by Yongguk, he was still unconscious and was probably not aware of what just happened. It broke her heart knowing that she had to leave him without even saying goodbye. She wanted to tell him how much he meant to her. How much she loved him. Yet, it was all too late. She must leave him; for now. At least that was what she wished for, a temporary separation.

Minseok soothed her back and flashed a smile. “Don’t worry.”

“Will he be alright?” Lana’s heart contracted.

Minseok nodded and said. “He will be alright physically, but I’m not sure about his heart though.”

“Will we be able to see you again?” Yixing asked while cupping her cheeks.

Lana sighed and shrugged. “I’m not sure.”

Yixing turned to Yongguk as if waiting for him to say something. However, the vampire Prince remained silent and refused to speak a word. He was conflicted. A part of him was glad finally Lana would be his Princess, but a large part of him was filled with numbness after seeing how dear Jongin was to Lana. He knew she didn’t want any of this to happen.

Kyungsoo came closer to her and pulled her tightly for a hug. “I hope this isn’t our final good bye.”

Lana let out a sigh and was about to run back for Jongin for the last time when suddenly Yongguk pulled her arm. “Lana, we have to go.” He led her towards the rest of the Princes while EXO looked at her in despair. They wished she would run back to their side but they knew too well this was a huge sacrifice she has made. They could only pray that one day, she would return to them just as promised.

Reluctantly, Lana watched as EXO left the forest and disappeared from her sight while she walked towards the opposite direction. With heavy steps and heart, she remained silent throughout the long journey to her new home. The rest of the Princes were quiet too. They were thinking on how to make her stay as comfortable as possible. It was going to be difficult living in a house of prey for her. She was like a walking gold; most wanted and highly desirable. Although the people in the palace were already accustomed to the new diet, it was not impossible for their thirst for human blood to resurface.

Lana kept her vision low as her mind kept worrying about Jongin. As she approached the Palace, her eyes were greeted by the lights and the magnificent building. She might have come here a few times, but she couldn’t remember how the front of the Palace looked like. She was brought in when she was unconscious; hence she wasn’t able to gloat at how beautiful the Palace was. However, she suddenly stopped and gulped nervously. Yes, the building might look nice but it was probably the most dangerous place for any human to be inside.

Yongguk noticed that she stopped and turned to look at her. Her eyes displayed fear and instantly, his anger subsided. Instead he took pity on her. “Don’t be afraid.” He held out his hand for her. Hesitantly, Lana reached out for his icy cold hand. “Just trust me.” He assured and then gently pulled her inside.

As soon as she entered, the servants and guards expression stiffened. “Is that how you treat Princess Lana?” Daehyun glared.

The servants and guards immediately cowered and lowered their gazes. They respectfully bowed before the Princes and Lana. But their eyes were slowly turning red, signalling their thirst was starting to kick in.

“Bring her to the room. I’ll handle this.” Himchan said to Yongguk before gathering the servants and guards to assemble.

Yongguk understood and dragged Lana towards the grand staircase which led to the rooms. Lana looked around, immersing herself by the beauty of the Palace and how huge it was. She didn’t take notice of the many pairs of eyes directing at her as if she was food. Well technically, she was their food. Yongguk, on the other hand, was tensed that he grabbed Lana’s hand a little too hard. He brought her straight to the room and closed the door.

“Ow...” Lana pulled away her hand from him and winced.

“Lana, I’m sorry.” Yongguk went up to her immediately to check whether she was fine. He didn’t mean to hurt her in any way. He was just so scared because something bad could have happened if he didn’t have brought her straight to his room. “Where do you feel pain?”

“I’m fine.” She answered and slowly took a step away from him. Judging from her eyes, she was cautious of Yongguk although he had many times told her, he wouldn’t do anything to her. Previously he would be angry but now, Yongguk wasn’t shocked by her behaviour. In fact, she should be cautious of him because he was indeed dangerous for her.

“This is your room. I will leave you alone.” He said and made his way towards the door. However, before he exited, he turned around and said. “Lana, you don’t have to force yourself in this.”

“No, I mean it when I say I’ll marry you. I won’t take back my words on it.” She stated and gazed into his eyes intently.

Yongguk sighed. “Don’t open the door at all cost, unless it’s me or any of the Princes. Do you understand?”

Lana nodded and watched him leave the room. She turned her attention to the room she was in. It was big and beautiful. It has a bed which she remembered lying on it. She went closer and sat on it, feeling the softness of the blanket. She looked down at the intricate tiles and moved her eyes towards the big dressing table. Surprisingly, it seemed like the room was meant for her. A room fit for a girl, for a Princess. It was as though Yongguk has prepared this room specially for her.

Lana stood up and walked towards the wardrobe. She opened it carefully and was instantly shocked to see it filled with pretty clothing. She took one gown and stared at it in amazement. It was nice, definitely the kind of clothing she should be wearing in the Palace. She looked at her outfit she was wearing; a simple hoody jacket with shorts and sneakers. She sighed upon realising that she has to start wearing differently if she wanted to live there.

She then walked towards the window and pushed it open. Instantly, she was engulfed by the cold night wind. She was cold and was slightly shivering but nothing can be compared to the numbness she was feeling. She sat at the edge of the window, hugging her knees tightly. There was nothing at view, only the dark forest. Yet, the outside world seemed to give her the peace she wanted or maybe perhaps, the moon that was looking down on her. She spotted the full moon shining brightly across the night sky. Looking at the moon, she was reminded by someone. At once, a tear dropped.

“Jongin –“ She called out and buried her face in her hands as she sobbed.

The pain was going to haunt her all the time. It wasn’t going to leave her, not at all. The thought of him only made her weaker than ever. She never once regretted the decision she made that night; the decision to keep Jongin alive. However, the pain that came with it was unbearable. She was so scared and lonely in a new environment. What would happen to Jongin? What would happen to her? Right now, the only thought in her head, will Jongin ever forgive her?

 

"Parting is such sweet sorrow..."

 

To be continued...


A/N:

HEEEYYY! Welcome back to the story! I would like to say again that I won't be able to update as often. I'll try to keep at one chapter update per week at the least. Anyway, thanks for sticking through the first part and now a new one awaits. So, enjoy and have fun reading.

P.S: I'm still a Jongin bias..... Don't worry ^__^ v