House of Horrors

Storm's Drabbles

Another writing assignment. 
This time we had to come up with things you'd fine in a hospital, but create a story with these things that didn't take place in a hospital.

 

Blinking my lids open, I awoke to an irritating beeping.

"Ah, I see you're awake." A hoarse voice sounded nearby and I sat up only to instantly regret it as a sharp pain shot through my heat and my chest.
"I wouldn't try that again," the voice advised and I forced myself to sit up just a bit so I could take in my surroundings.

The speaker was a middle aged man. He was balding and a pair of spectacles rested at the end of a pointed noise. The room was dark; the only illumination coming from a TV nestled at the end of the room next to the man. It casted an eerie glow on him.

"Where am I?" I tried to demand, but it hurt to speak. It was as if I hadn't spoken in some time. My mouth was a desert and my lips felt broken and sore.

Shifting slightly, I realized there were things attached to my arm. Following the tubes connected to my body, I realized I was hooked up to an IV bag which had been dripping soundlessly. Another wire crept out from under the blanket covering me. It lead to a heartbeat monitor which had significantly quickened as panic rose. It had been the irritating beeping that had woke me. Where the hell was I?

The man grabbed my attention as he made his way over. A tray of disgusting, poorly made food was held in his hands. He rested the tray on the end of the bed I was laying on.

"Don't worry about that." A dark smirk crossed his lips and the bitter taste of bile rose in my throat at his next words. "You see, you are a part of my experiments. Welcome to my House of Horrors."