What About the Coat

Unlucky Tutor

I looked at Jongin, only to falter under his stare. His eyes were filled with emotion, and even though I felt terribly bad about making him remember his history, I felt a need to help him overcome his difficulties.

I reached my hand out and put it over Jongin’s hand as a sign of comfort and encouragement. Jongin jumped a little at the sudden touch, but I squeezed his hand and smiled.

“Don’t worry, Jongin. Just relax and try your best,” I said. Jongin seemed to have responded well to my remark, as he loosened up a bit and looked at a different direction.

“I feel really stupid saying this, but it was because of a girl. Her name was Jimin,” Jongin began, with an inscrutable expression. Jongin sighed, and then continued. “Back when 11th grade was starting, in the spring, I met this amazing girl who I thought would be mine forever. We instantly clicked, and I felt like we would be together for the longest time. She was kind, pretty, cute; she was my everything. We trusted each other and helped each other through our hard times.”

Jongin then turned his head to look at me. I was staring at him throughout the entire explanation with unfaltering attention. He just looked so absorbed into his memory that I felt like he was looking at me differently.

“One day, I was walking home with her from school, and we stopped by the mart. I found out that Sehun worked there, so I introduced her to him for the first time. She was acting a bit weird, but I should have known.” Jongin sighed deeply, and then put his head into his knees.

“She was cheating on me. With Sehun. How could I forget? At first, I couldn’t believe my eyes, but then, all the puzzle pieces fit into place. Sehun said something was up, but he would never tell me what it was exactly. Plus, when she was in front of Sehun, she acted strange, almost as if she saw something in Sehun.”

I couldn’t believe my ears. I knew kids these days liked to play around, but Jongin’s girlfriend cheating on him with none other than Oh Sehun? There had to be some other reason…

“So…. You beat up Sehun because you suddenly thought of her?” I asked.

“That day at the hakwon, Sehun told me that Jimin wanted to talk to me, but how could I believe him? He just wanted to bring my hopes up. It’s been almost two years since I last saw her, and I didn’t want to see her again, especially through Sehun. I guess my rage and pent up feelings just exploded that day, and I couldn’t control myself.”

Jongin then lifted his head and looked at me with guilty eyes.

“I’m sorry… for beating up Sehun. But at least now you know why…” he said, barely in a whisper. It was eerily quiet in the dance practice room, and suddenly, the air felt heavy.

I had nothing to say. According to Jongin, Sehun and Jongin’s ex-girlfriend placed a horrible scar on Jongin’s heart. Still, something was off.. Something felt missing from the story…

I decided to tackle that issue another time, and instead, focused on comforting Jongin. I placed an arm around his shoulder, and placed my other arm around his neck, hugging him. I patted his back, and sighed. I knew how it felt to see someone you love end up giving their love to someone else..

Why was Luhan kissing her… I shut my eyes tightly and tried to think of happy thoughts.

“It’s ok, Jongin. It’s ok…” I said, trying to smile. Jongin rested his head on my shoulder, and we stayed like that for a while. It was quiet, but comforting. Both of our hearts were broken by others, and they had never truly healed.

 

The next day, I had more work at the bakery. Throughout my shift, I kept on thinking about the previous night, and my newfound information about Jongin. He must have been pretty serious about his ex-girlfriend to have been so hurt like that..

“Noona! Hello? Your shift is over!” Chanyeol said, trying to get my attention. When I snapped out of my trance, I saw him smiling like crazy.

“Oh! Sorry Chanyeol! O-oh ok see you next time!” I said as I changed out of my uniform and went to my work locker to get my belongings.

“I wonder what’s up with her…” Chanyeol mumbled, before giving his attention back to the present customers.

I walked down the busy streets, weaving in between the crowds and making my way home. Suddenly, I thought of an idea.

“Why don’t I give Sehun back his coat?” I said to myself as I reached into my bag to make sure it was there. Once I confirmed that his coat was in my possession, I took a turn towards the mart that I last saw him work in. I wasn’t sure when his shifts were, but I told myself I would at least try to give it back before I forgot again.

I eventually reached the mart, and leaned towards the glass to take a look. As I peered into the store, I smiled as I noticed Sehun working at the cash register. As I was about to turn and walk inside, I paused, and looked into the store again. A girl had come out of nowhere and tackled Sehun with a hug. Sehun returned the hug, and I suddenly rethought my plan. I really didn’t want to awkwardly disturb their moment, so I decided to come back again next time and hope that Sehun would still be working there. I sighed as I put Sehun’s coat back into my bag, and turned to make my way back home.

Little did I know that as I was putting his coat back into my bag, Sehun looked outside the store and realized that I was there.

“Sorry, but could you wait a second?” Sehun said to the girl who was still fully absorbed in the hug.

“Hmm? O-oh.. ok!” The girl said cheerfully, as Sehun slowly pried her off of him and started walking towards the entrance.

“What should I eat for dinner…” I said out loud as I began walking, when I suddenly felt someone pull me back from behind. I froze, not knowing who it was, and yelped. I turned around quickly to face my attacker but only gasped in realization.

“Sehun? I thought you were…” I began, but Sehun quickly shushed you and looked at you with urgent eyes.

“W-what is it…….? Oh I almost forgot! I need to give this back to you,” I said as I took his coat out of my bag and presented it to him. Sehun for some reason, however, didn’t pay attention to his coat and continued looking at me, almost as if he needed help.

“Noona, just do everything I say, ok?” Sehun asked.

“What do you mean….?”

“Please, noona.”

I couldn’t deny the urgency in Sehun’s eyes, so I just nodded with my eyes wide open, not knowing what I was getting myself into.

Immediately, Sehun grabbed my arm, and dragged me into the store. The entire time, I looked like a dumbfound puppy having no idea what was going on.

When we went inside, I immediately paused and my jaws dropped.

The girl was drop dead gorgeous.

Her hair was perfect, her makeup was set, and her overall stature was ideal. She looked like some sort of idol! From the side, I couldn’t really tell her beauty, but face to face, I felt like she would get lots of attention from passing crowds. Her fashion sense was impeccable as well. She looked just as confused as me.

I extended my hand for a handshake to introduce myself.

“Hello! Nice to meet you! I’m-“ I began, when Sehun suddenly interrupted my introduction. He released my arm, but instead, wrapped his arm around my shoulder and pulled me in, eliminating the gap between us. I couldn’t protest because I was surprised, and the girl seemed just as surprised as me. Instantly, her smile fell from her face, and she just ended up staring at me.

“This is my girlfriend,” Sehun told the girl firmly, pointing to me.

My eyes bulged, and I instantly snapped my head to Sehun, looking at him with bewildered eyes.

“What?!?” I exclaimed, but before I could go any further I was stopped.

Sehun leaned in towards my face and tilted his head, closing the gap between our lips. The kiss was short and clean, but set an obvious message to the girl. Sehun’s eyes were closed, like he knew what he was doing, but my eyes were wide open with surprise. I couldn’t even return the kiss because I was caught so off-guard.

So many things were going through my mind, and the entire time, Sehun’s lips remained on mine. Finally, after what felt like a lifetime, Sehun released me from the kiss, and I just stayed there frozen, not fully comprehending what had just happened. I began to feel the heat rush to my cheeks, but I couldn’t do anything about it. Sehun’s arm remained on my shoulders. We were utterly close.

One thing was for sure though: the girl in front of us was not happy.


So sorry for not updating guys!! I graduated last week, and with the Kris situation, I've been trying to avoid EXO-related things for a while because it hurt too much.. I managed to write something up really quick for you guys; sorry it's low quality, but I tried.. T^T

Thanks for reading!!!  <3 I will try to work hard on this story and develop the plot! ^o^