Chapter Nine.

Idol's Love Story Two

Continuation of Kikwang’s POV..

After the fanmeeting ended, Beast went off for their solo schedules. Kikwang is scheduled to be on ‘Happy Together’ today. Dongwoon, Yoseob and Doojoon will be going off for their fixed schedules and Hyunseung and Junhyung will be going back to the company due to certain meetings that they needed to attend. Once Kikwang went in the van, he looked at the list of guest that will be on the show which his manager hyung just passed to him. He was surprised to see Sunhwa’s name as one of the guest. He was definitely happy that Sunhwa’s going to be on the show because at least he could meet her and ask about Hyosung’s condition but at the same time though, he’s worried that Sunhwa is mad at him because they might have thought that Kikwang is hurting their unnie’s feelings yet again. ‘Aniya Kikwang ah.. You did nothing wrong.. This is a good opportunity for you to convey your message to Hyosung.. You can tell Sunhwa everything that Dongwoon told you just now and hopefully Sunhwa will pass the message to Hyosung.. Himnae Kikwang ah!’. Kikwang is already determined now. Whatever that’s going to happen later, he will still have to tell Sunhwa everything or else it’s going to be too late for him to do so.

At KBS studio..

Kikwang is all ready for the recording of ‘Happy Together’ that’s going to be on-air in about 30 minutes. After he got his hair and makeup done and after he also put on the ‘famous’ sauna outfit on, he went out of his makeup room to find Sunhwa. He walked along the backstage corridor till he spot Secret’s manager outside one of the makeup room. “Oh hyung! Annyeonghaseyo.. Jaljineseoyo?”. Kikwang who obviously know their manager, greeted him. “Oh Kikwang ah! Jaljineseo.. Deo neun?”. The manager looks happy when he saw Kikwang and patted his back. “Oh jaljineseoyo hyung.. Is Sunhwa in the makeup room hyung?”. Kikwang asked the manager. “Yeah.. She’s getting ready.. You need to talk to her?”. Kikwang nodded. The manager knocked and the door and asked from outside whether Sunhwa’s ready. Sunhwa’s voice can be heard saying that she’ll be ready in five minutes and with that, Kikwang waited outside with the manager. “How’s Hyosung, hyung? She’s fine?”. Kikwang can’t wait now. He needs to know Hyosung’s condition. The manager smile slightly and put his hand on Kikwang’s shoulder. “Kokcheong hajima.. She’s fine.. She’s definitely not as cheerful as before but I know that she’s a strong girl.. It’s okay Kikwang ah.. Just stay strong.. This is definitely another obstacle that you gotta face.. Himnae!”. Secret’s manager is a very nice guy. Usually it’s always him who knows whatever that’s going on between the girls first and for Hyosung and Kikwang’s case, all the conflicts that they had. Not the minor ones though, but the major ones like how they kept a secret of their relationship from the public and the company and now, this. Kikwang is grateful to know a manager as nice and as understanding as him. “Oh oppa waeyo? Oh.. Kikwang ah..”. Sunhwa went out of her makeup room to check on her manager oppa because he knocked on the door just now but she didn’t expect Kikwang to be there too. “Annyeong Sunhwa ah.. I need to talk to you before we go on-air.. Is it fine?”. Kikwang asked Sunhwa. Sunhwa did looked reluctant at first but slowly she said okay and with that, they went to Kikwang’s makeup room.

A while later..

“So you mean to say that Lee Joon oppa had all this planned out?”. After Kikwang finished telling Sunhwa every single thing from the time Lee Joon admitted to have feelings for Hyosung till what Dongwoon told him, Sunhwa starts to question Kikwang. “I can’t say for sure that Joonie hyung planned all this out because I don’t have any proof to say so but right now, I’m just afraid that his feelings towards Hyosung is coming back that he did all this without him realizing. He’s a hyung that I know and respect since our debut days till now so there’s no way I’ll just accuse him blindly without proof.”. Kikwang and Sunhwa both let out a sigh. “This is just so hard right now.. Even if I were to tell unnie about what you told me, I can’t guarantee that she’ll easily listen to everything that I told her.. She’s just so down right now that she didn’t even tell us what’s bothering her or how she’s feeling anymore.. She is upset with you right now, but I know that deep down she’s missing you so badly.. I can tell by the way she always looked at her phone and how restless she looked most of the time..”. Kikwang listened to everything that Sunhwa says about Hyosung. He needs to be there for her and he wants to tell Hyosung everything that he knew but he just couldn’t because Hyosung didn’t even wanna meet him right now. “You know what Kikwang, maybe you should go and talk to Lee Joon oppa and clear things out first.. Like you say, you’ve yet to get any proof of Lee Joon oppa planning to snatch unnie away from you so maybe if you were to talk things out with Lee Joon oppa, he’ll just admit to you what he really is trying to do.. Right?”. Kikwang slowly nodded in agreement. He just realized that he didn’t even thought of doing what Sunhwa suggested maybe because he was too focus on getting Hyosung back. “You’re right.. Maybe I should have a four eyes talk with Joonie hyung first.. Thanks Sunhwa ah.. I feel a bit better now that I could at least know how she is.. But still, I hope you could…”. “Don’t worry I will! I will try my best to soften her heart so that she would at least wanna start talking to you.. Kokcheong hajima! “. Before Kikwang could finish his sentence, Sunhwa already cut him off. Kikwang smiled and felt thankful for today because he could finally tell Sunhwa what really happened and that Sunhwa could pass the message to Hyosung. “Alright guys! Time to go..”. Sunhwa’s manager called both of them out as it’s already time for the recording to start.

After the recording..

KaTalk conversation..

Kikwang: Hyung.. Let’s meet. We need to talk..

That is it. Kikwang already made up his mind. He gotta put a stop to this. As much as he doesn’t want to meet Lee Joon for now, he gotta face him to settle all this as it’s killing him to not see, hear of or talk to Hyosung. A notification came in and it’s Lee Joon saying that he agreed on meeting Kikwang today and say that he’ll stop by Cube Entertainment as he’ll be around that area later in the evening. Kikwang agreed as he to need to go back to his company as there’ll be a meeting between Beast and their CEO later.

At Cube Entertainment..

Kikwang went straight to the practice room after the meeting is over because his manager hyung told him that Lee Joon is waiting for him there. Kikwang’s mood is somehow lifted up a bit after getting the news from his CEO that Beast will start preparing for their comeback. The boys are definitely all pumped up for the comeback and can’t wait to start preparing. Before he went off just now, he already told s that he’s gonna go talk to Lee Joon and because after the meeting, the boys have no other schedules and that they’re done for the day, they decided to wait for Kikwang before they all went back to their dorm together. “Oh Kikwang ah..”. Kikwang gave a slight smile to Lee Joon and sit down at the edge of the window. “Jaljineseoyo hyung?”. Kikwang will never for get to ask how Lee Joon is everytime he sees him. “Oh jaljineseo..”. Silence. The practice room became silent once again. Lee Joon doesn’t look comfortable whereas Kikwang is trying his best to calm down because everytime that he looked at Lee Joon, his emotions will start to be everywhere. “Hyung.. Let me just go straight to the point.. First of all, I would like to apologize if whatever that I’m gonna say after this will sound harsh to you.. I just wanna ask you now, do you still have feelings for Hyosung? Let’s just be honest now and lay it all down hyung.. I really can’t deal with anymore ‘covering up’ or ‘being nice because his my dongsaeng’ for now..”. Kikwang goes straight to the point as to him, beating around the bushes is a waste of time. “Ki, Kikwang ah.. You know me right? You know I won’t do all that.. What are you..”. “Honest, hyung! Honest.. Let’s, let’s just be honest now, please hyung.. I’m begging you so badly right now.. Just hit me hard with your honesty if you have to hyung.. As long as you answer my question.. Do you or do you not have any feelings for Hyosung?”. Kikwang cuts Lee Joon off before he goes on again about how he won’t treat his dongsaeng that way and all that. Kikwang saw Lee Joon thinking hard before finally, “Yes.. I admit. I don’t know how this feeling could come back to me and I tried to prevent it from happening but I can’t.. I admit that I even went to the extent of wanting to take Hyosung away from you just so you know how I felt back then when you took her away from me.. I was really happy when Hyosung replied my KaTalk and I noticed how happy she was when I came to surprise visit her.. I know that whatever that I’m doing now is wrong Kikwang ah.. I know.. But I just don’t know how to prevent this feeling anymore.. In fact, I could get mad with you if I want to because you took her attention away from me before this when you clearly know that I have feelings for her since back then..”. Kikwang just can’t believe what he’s hearing now. Lee Joon is now trying to turn all the blame back to Kikwang. “So, now, hyung’s trying to say that I snatched Hyosung away from hyung? And that I deserve to face this situation that I’m in now? That I deserve to be hated by Hyosung now?”. Kikwang can feel his blood rising. One wrong move and he will explode like a volcano. “Isn’t that what YOU think?”. Seems like Lee Joon is playing around with Kikwang’s emotions even when he knows Kikwang is already at his peak. “Lee Joon hyung!!”. Kikwang raised his voice and went straight to Lee Joon who is still sitting on the floor. He pulled Lee Joon up by his collar. “Kikwang ah.. I know you’re mad right now but you gotta calm yourself first dude! This is not the way..”. “I don’t even care right now.. Whatever way that it’s going to be, I just don’t care anymore.. You’re a hyung that I respect so much since our debut days and now that you’re doing this to me hyung, I lose all my respect towards you.”. Kikwang let Lee Joon’s collar go and was about to go out of the practice room as he can’t deal with the tension that’s in the room anymore when he heard Lee Joon spoke. “Kikwang ah.. I can now see how much you really love her..”. Kikwang wanted to stop and turn around to ask Lee Joon what he meant by that but the atmosphere that’s going on in that room is stopping him from doing so. Kikwang wants to go out of the practice room so badly at that moment and with that, he just went out, leaving Lee Joon alone in the practice room. 

End of Kikwang's POV..