Lesson 8

Lessons of the Heart

“Can I borrow some money?” Daisy asked her father who was watching the news on TV with a focused expression.

“Money? What for?”

“To help a friend!” she said biting her lower lip knowing her father wouldn’t accept her request. However she needed to try. She didn’t have money of her own and she needed to help Jinki.

That afternoon when she arrived to his place they found out his mom crying. Jinki was trying to comfort her and their apartment was a total mess with things broken and some things stolen.

Jinki insisted that they were robbed but his mom told them everything that happened, after Jonghyun grabbed a glass of water for her to calm down.

Jinki dad died when he was young and his mother remarried another man. He seemed to be a very responsible and respected man however he had a lot of debts. He left them after some years together and Jinki and his mom stayed behind to pay his debts.

Since then Jinki gave up on his dreams and has been working and studying in a try to pay them, they even changed town several times to lose the debt collectors but they didn’t seem to give up until hey had their money.

After Jinki mom told his friends about their secret, Jinki practically chased them out from their house saying they needed to be alone, that his mom needed to rest.

Daisy wasn’t convinced. He didn’t want them to be a part of that, probably worried about their safety. That was the Jinki she knew and learned to love. The three friends walked home in silence until Sang Hee spoke what all were thinking. We need to get the money and help him.

Daisy dad was their first option since Sang Hee parents were struggling and Jonghyun didn’t have the best relationship with his father, his mom having to raise him and his sister, on her own.

“How much would your friend need?”

Daisy touched her hair absentminded as if she wasn’t going to ask for a lot of money, telling her father the ridiculous amount she needed.

“WHAT?” He adjusted his glasses staring at his well-behaved daughter who was acting crazy lately “That’s an absurdity Daisy. I can’t lend that much money.”

Daisy stood up crossing her arms over her chest “I knew you wouldn’t help me!” she stormed upstairs almost running over her little sister who shrugged her shoulders.

Daisy was so weird lately. She was probably dating someone. At last!

 

30sem2c.jpg

 

Daisy tried to focus on the numbers in her notebook while she used her mechanical pencil to solve the math problem.

She was at the library studying with Jinki and he was acting as usual, however she could sense how tense he was now, after they found out about his secret. It was as if he was embarrassed about it which was stupid since it wasn’t his fault at all.

He raised his eyes from the book he was reading and looked at her smiling gently. “Want help to solve it?” Jinki asked, his hand reaching for her notebook.

“No.” Daisy said rubbing her arm while he moved the notebook next to her once again.

“You need to focus Daisy, we have exams and you need to study a lot now. Less than two months left.”

“You need to study too.”

“I am studying!”  he said raising the book on his hand for her to see.

She rolled her eyes and looked back at the problem in front of her. She knew he was only pretending to read that when in fact he was probably thinking of a way out of his problems.

Math wouldn’t help much on his problems!

Daisy bit her lip worried, she was afraid he would disappear with his mom again and left her behind. He could do that and her heart bleed every time that thought crossed her mind.

“You are going to do the exams right?” she asked with fear on her eyes and he straightened his back on the chair.

“Of course I’m going to do the exams. I want to finish the year.”

“Then are you going to leave after it?”

“Leave?”

“Yes….because of the debt...”

“YA DAISY!” he raised his voice shutting her up and receiving a dirty look from the librarian. “Don’t mention them here. I don’t want everyone to know about that.”

“Why?” she asked in a low voice matching his.

“Because it’s dangerous. Also I want you to forget that. I’m not going to leave you.”

Jinki hand moved to her arm and she let him caress her skin.

“I can’t. I love you too much to do that.”

He confessed to her before but the way he said it was like honey to Daisy and she couldn’t help but blush making him raise himself from his chair, his hands cupping her face.

“What are you doing?” she asked watching him get closer to her. She automatically closed her eyes when she felt him kiss her forehead and nose instead.

He sat back on the chair releasing her and she opened her eyes. Daisy thought he was going to kiss her lips.

“I can’t kiss your lips here, in front of her.” He said, his eyes moving to the woman sitting behind the counter talking with a student. “I’m a gentleman.” He chuckled grabbing his book once again.

“I asked my dad for money to help you.”

Jinki smile left his lips immediately and he stared at Daisy. “He didn’t accept to help us but I’ll find another way.”

“No. No Daisy I don’t want you to meddle in this.”

“What do you mean, it’s not meddling…”

“Yes it is!” he exhaled frustrated closing his book. “Forget this!” he stood up abruptly “I mean it!” and walked away and off the library.

Daisy stared at his empty chair wondering why she fell for such a proud stubborn man.

 

30sem2c.jpg

 

Jonghyun watched Sang Hee finish her stupid dance in front of his eyes. She said it was a cover of a SNSD song, Gee or something. She seemed so happy asking him to watch it that he couldn’t say no, and watched her for a while. However his mind was somewhere else and he could see her frowning.

“Maybe I should start from the start.” She said placing her hands on her waist. Jonghyun sighed trying to find words to explain to her how he wasn’t interested in dancing. He preferred songs like the ones his band used to sing.

He was going to dismiss Sang Hee when Daisy sat by his side on the bleachers making Jonghyun forget Sang Hee completely who groaned upset and sat by his side too.

“I need your help!” Daisy said staring at Jonghyun with determination.

“Jinki?”

“Yes! I need money!”

Jonghyun chuckled moving an hand on his hair. “I don’t have any and you know that. I’m always finding part time gigs to have some and..”

“Find me a part-time job.”

“Oh no Daisy, I don’t know where.”

“That bar you often play with your friend.”

“Charlies? Oh no that’s not a place for you to work.” He dismissed Daisy idea as if it was ridiculous.

“Why? I think I can manage.”

Jonghyun pushed Daisy away in a playful way. “You can’t work there Daisy. No, no way. They wear miniskirts at that place.”

Daisy rolled her eyes at Jonghyun and pulled his t-shirt. “Please. Ask them to give me a part time job.”

Jonghyun turned his head away and Daisy pulled at his arm. “I need to help him.”

“She is making it for love. How sweet!” Sang Hee sang holding into Jonghyun other arm.

He closed his eyes. Charlies wasn’t the kind of place he wanted to take Daisy ever. It was filled with drunk guys peeking at the employees .

But maybe if he was there every time she was working then he could protect her. “Fine! I’ll ask tonight!”

Daisy smiled at him beautifully, the smile she reserved for Jinki. That guy was a lucky bastard!

“He won’t like this!” Jonghyun added knowing how Jinki won’t approve to see his girlfriend walking around a bunch of man wearing a very small skirt.

“I know but I’m very stubborn.”

 

30sem2c.jpg

 

“I don’t believe that I’m actually having a date at a book store.” Jinki mumbled releasing Daisy hand to leaf through a book.

“Don’t you like to read?” she saw that his room had a lot of books.

“I do.  I just didn’t think this would be a good place to date.”

“Books are special.” They were her special friends for years, the place where she hide all her childhood.

Daisy walked around the bookshelves admiring the books and Jinki followed after her like a puppy admiring her. He was bored. He didn’t feel like reading and he wanted to kiss her so badly, which he couldn’t there in front of the other people.

“Ok this is good!” he said suddenly grabbing a book and showing it to Daisy. It was a poetry book and she barely had time to read the title before he grabbed her hand pulling her away.

“Wait!” she mumbled with no effect on him. He sat on one of the orange couches placed around the store and she sat by his side while he opened the book on a random page.

She watched him reading it and tried to peek at the words on the page but he moved the book closer to his face so she couldn’t read.

“It must be destiny!” Jinki said smiling mysteriously.

“Why?” Daisy asked making him grin.

“I’ll read it for you.” He inhaled and breathed out the air as if Jinki was preparing himself for a solemn moment.

Daisy watched him with her eyebrow raised and observed how his amused expression changed into a serious one.

Then he started reading.

 

To the Universe

“I love you to the moon and back.”

Did you know

That it takes only three days to break

Out of gravity’s strong hold

Rocket up past the waves of clouds out of the atmosphere and fly

250,000 miles to arrive

At the Earth’s only satellite?”

 

He peeked at Daisy as if he was actually asking her before looking at the page again.

 

“It seems like such a short distance

When you consider the universe and its vastness

Why just to the moon?

Why not to Jupiter, or Mars, or out into the depths of the stars that are so far away that

All we can see in the sky are these minuscule pinpoints of light that cannot even begin to describe their true brightness…

Those pinpoints are like me attempting to describe you.”

 

Daisy couldn’t stop staring at him and how his cute nose end on his beautiful pump lips who moved with every word. He was perfect and he was reading her a poem about love.

 

“Did you know

That the Moon’s light is not her own,

But the Sun’s reflection on her mirroring face

Displaying his artwork when he can no longer stand to hold it himself

Like I would do for you when you’ve passed the point of exhaustion

And you need someone to hold you up

Did you know that the Sun and the Moon meet face to face only three to five times in a year

In a solar eclipse

And just for a moment they kiss

It reminds me of how our days used to be:

Meeting in the hallways momentarily before reluctantly slipping apart on our separate axis”

 

He smiled softly stealing a glance at her and Days realized why he said it was destiny. It was how he felt. He was confessing through the poem someone else wrote, through a random book he grabbed at a bookstore.

 

“Did you know

That when two galaxies collide their arms reach out to each other

Pulling the other closer until they appear to be one

Did you know that your eyes look like nebulas

Where new stars burst brilliantly into life all the time

Did you know that we are made of stardust

We emerged from the same magic that created the stars in our night skies

The ones we watch together in the summer time

Did you know that they live…”

 

He paused for a brief second reciting the rest of the poem looking into her eyes.

 

“…In your smile? In your eyes?

Did you know that I love you

To the edge of the universe?

Did you know that the universe

Is always expanding?” 1

 

Jinki closed the book softly and Daisy looked at his hands unable to look at his face. She couldn’t look at his eyes and resist his intense stare.

“I love you.” he said softly his hand moving to hers, his fingers moving between hers.

“I love you too.” She answered, her rebellious eyes not obeying her mind and moving to his face.

He smiled at her before kissing her making the universe expand once again.

 

30sem2c.jpg

 

Their date ended at his home, at his bedroom with both studying.

For more than one hour they worked hard with Daisy almost having a breakdown from doing so many math problems until Jinki started to move on his chair restless.

“What’s wrong?” Daisy asked placing her mechanical pencil over her closed book.

“I didn’t imagine ending my date like this.” He mumbled with a frown, his hand moving to her waist.

Daisy pursed her lips and looked at him “I’m really tired of studying too!”

Jinki chuckled raising his arms in the air and stretching them “I can’t believe Miss-number-one on the list is tired of studying!”

“Hey!” she punched his stomach lightly making him exhale in fake pain.

They feel into silence, suddenly a weird heavy atmosphere on the room.

They were alone, on his bedroom, his mother somewhere downstairs.

Daisy started to feel hot thinking about what could happen. Did she want it to happen?!

She tilted her head thinking, just when he stood up and sat on his bed instead.

Daisy looked at him wondering why he was so quiet, his eyes not leaving hers.

“Come here.” He asked softly and without thinking she obeyed to his request siting by his side on the bed. “Do you trust me?”  he asked , his hand moving on the bed while he sat facing her.

“Yes.” She did, she did trust that idiot and she knew why he asked that. She read about moments like that in her novels.

They were going to make out, maybe even have . She wasn’t sure she was ready but she wanted to try it because it was him.

Jinki moved closer to her, his lips finding hers just when her eyes closed.

Daisy felt him push her against him and she moved in the bed so she could face him, their lips never moving apart.

His hand moved to her cheek but didn’t stay there, slowly descending to her neck that he caressed softly.

Daisy felt him push her down in the bed and Jinki settled by her side kissing her.

She opened her eyes when he moved away and watched him looking at her.

“Don’t worry. I only want to kiss you.” he said awkwardly before kissing her neck softly, his lips barely touching her skin.

She smiled a little, knowing he was reassuring her that they wouldn’t have yet. She was very nervous about it and he seemed to sense it.

“I want to kiss you too.” She mumbled shyly and he chuckled making her frown.

“Ok.” He nodded, kissing her lips again, and Daisy in a very bold move, circled his neck with her arms, her fingers exploring his soft hair.

He smelled so nice and the touch of his fingers on her skin, his lips on were making her pulse quicken to a way she never thought it was possible.

His teeth brushed against her lower lip and she opened letting him her lip.

Daisy blinked her eyes when his tongue entered , their kissing going to a new level. She never experienced anything like that, and his hands moving to her stomach under her shirt were not unnoticed. She let him caress her skin, drawing abstract patterns on her skin while his lips moved from to her neck once again.

She opened still wet from his while he her skin softly, carefully not to leave any mark. Her dad would kill him if he found out and he was sure he wanted to live a long life.

They kissed and caressed each other for a while and Daisy lost track of time. She was lost on him as much as he was one her.

Daisy caressed his back and chest, her desires winning over her insecurity. She never touched anyone, let alone a man like that. That feeling, that thirst for him, to touch him, was something new to her.

Jinki didn’t even notice when his hands moved to her s caressing her over her clothes. Daisy didn’t react at first letting him caress her, her s getting hard immediately making him smile against her lips. It felt good to feel him touch her like that and it probably felt even better if she didn’t have any clothes on but that was getting dangerous so she moved her hands to his chest pushing him away until he released her and sat on the bed.

She watched him breathless, his lips red from their kissing, his ears also red, and his hair a total mess because of her caresses.

They looked like they had and they only make out, or at least what she supposed people looked after actually doing it. He was so handsome in her eyes, looking at her with desire, seeing her own desire on her eyes too.

“We better get back to study.” Jinki said completely lost, still trying to make his heart and body obey to him and stop begging for him to kiss her again.

“We should” Daisy answered feeling exactly like he was feeling.

How to solve math problems when she wanted Lee Jinki hands on her s?!

 

30sem2c.jpg

 

Daisy grabbed her black round tray and asked for another two beers to the bartender.

It was her first day working at the bar and she already hated it. She had to lie to her dad saying she was going to have tutoring classes with Jinki and was wearing the shortest skirt ever. She felt so uncomfortable and irritated with the loud music but the worst thing was the erts staring at her and legs.

That was all for Jinki, she told herself from time to time trying to gain strength.

Jonghyun was at one of the tables with his friends keeping an eye on her and she felt secure.

She grabbed her tray once the glasses with beer were put on it and she walked to the table 4 avoiding the ert from table 2 since he tried to peek under her skirt, however Daisy passed by table 3 and that was even worse.

A skinny tall guy, who was clearly already drunk that was accompanied by another short thin guy was there watching her. They looked like two nerd college students who came out to check on the girls since they didn’t have any girlfriends.

Daisy wasn’t expecting it but the tall one touched her when she passed by him.

She stared back at him with a deadly look and he smirked at her as if he did nothing shrugging his shoulders.

She swallowed stealing a glance at Jonghyun who was now standing up ready to take action. However he didn’t have to move because someone else was there already.

“Come with me!” Jinki said appearing out of nowhere and grabbing Daisy arm.

“Jinki?” she asked confused because she didn’t see him arrive.

He pointed a hand at the drunk guys “If you touch her again I’ll kill you!”

He did sound deadly and Daisy watched him with open. Jinki wasn’t only the gentle sweet guy she knew; he also had that dark side.

“Did you hear me?” he asked making the tall guy nod in fear. “Say you are sorry!” Jinki demanded.

“Stop. I’ll lose my job!” Daisy warned him.

“Good! Even better!” he shouted so his voice could be heard because a new loud song started.

Daisy bit her lip upset with his attitude and she heard the drunk guy say he was sorry.

“You should be! !” Jinki grunted taking the tray from Daisy hand and placing it on the table.

“What are you doing?” she asked upset when he pulled her away from the tables and outside. “Stop you are hurting me!” she said trying to release her arm from his grip and he released her turning around with a serious expression.

“What the hell are you doing here? Working? With a mini skirt being touched by other guys?”

“I need the money.” She mumbled, stepping aside to  let a new client enter the bar.

“For what? Buy new books to read?” he asked teasingly and rudely making her frown.

“You are being a jerk.”

“NO! I don’t want you to work let alone here. I don’t need your money Daisy. “

“I only want to help you.”

“Then stop working and focus on your studies.” He cupped her face with his hands “I’ll never forgive myself if you stop being the best at college Daisy, if you flunk the year…” he paused “…if another guy touches you. Quit this stupid idea.”

“Jonghyun was there and…”

“Jonghyun told me you were working, he agrees with me.”

“AISH!” Daisy complained releasing herself from his hands. “That idiot! He should have kept it a secret.”

“No he shouldn’t.” Jinki sighed grabbing her hand gently. “Trust me Daisy. I’ll find a way, you don’t need to work here, please.”

She watched him and his cute pleading eyes, the memory of the angry Jinki making her still hot.

That was her boyfriend and she only wanted him to be happy.

“Ok. Let’s find a way out of this TOGETHER. Ok?”

Jinki nodded kissing her lips. He only wanted her away from that place.

“Together.” She repeated against his lips.

 

30sem2c.jpg

 

That would be a normal day for Jinki at college if Daisy wasn’t late.

He waited for her like he always did at the entrance of the campus but this time, and for the first time in forever she was late and he was deadly worried.

Last night he saved her from a ert at a bar and God knows what she was planning to do today to help him.

He was so worried that he couldn’t stop walking around in circles, his eyes never leaving the end of the street. He pulled his phone out from his pocket once again, trying to call her for the third time but she suddenly appeared making him sigh of relief.

She was running, with her black jeans, and a blue blouse, her hair loose jumping all around her while she run to him with something on her hand.

She stopped a few steps away from him and he closed the distance between them.

“Are you ok? What happened?” she stopped bending her body forward, her hands on her knees while she recovered her breath, a flyer on her hands.

“Did you oversleep? I told you that job was a bad idea…”

Daisy raised her hand making him stop his scolding and stood up giving him the flyer for him to read.

Jinki grabbed it curious, his eyes reading the lines.

“What’s this? “ he asked still reading.

“The solution for our problems, easy money!”

“Easy? There is no such thing!” he smiled confused. It was a flyer for a singing contest and the winner would get a money prize, a very satisfying amount.

“How is this easy?” he asked staring at Daisy who smiled confident grabbing the flyer back.

“I saw you sing. All college saw you sing and everyone loved it. Also you said you wanted to be a singer. This is like a miracle. You can win this, get the money, pay the debts and even get known.” She smiled so much that he couldn’t say anything to that. Daisy pushed the flyer against his chest.

“Let’s do this. Let’s enter the contest.”

She grinned and he shook his head slowly.

“I can’t.”

“Why?” maybe he had stage fright or something.

“I-I’m not good enough Daisy.”

“YES YOU ARE!” she said hugging him and surprising Jinki.

She raised her eyes to his face “You are perfect singing. Yesterday you said you would never forgive yourself if I flanked the year. Today I say I’ll never forgive myself if I don’t help you become a singer.” She paused hugging him tighter “Everyone deserves to listen you sing. Besides this money is enough to save you and your mom…Jinki…please!”

It was her time to ask him to do something for her, to trust her intuition.

“Let’s do it!” she said making him smile softly “let’s choose a song and do it!”

“Aigo!” he mumbled completely smitten by her, his hand moving to her back.

“Yes?”

It was insane, completely, and crazily insane and yet it seemed perfect according to the circumstances. Also Daisy seemed to trust him, to believe in him, she was by his side!

They could try. He missed singing.

“Yes.”

zsr4uh.jpg

 

1- Poem not by me but by http://lookingformygreat-perhaps.tumblr.com/

Sorry! I dont update this since January....ups...well hope you like it! 

YA SHINEE COMEBACK OMG OMG THE SONG; MV, ONEW...onew...*pain*