Lesson 4

Lessons of the Heart

Daisy dialed Jinki’s number.

She anxiously walked in circles around the room while she waited for him to pick up.

“Hello?”

Hello?” his voice was low and hoarse; she could sense that he just woke up.

“I… have a proposal for you…” Daisy couldn't find the right words to say. How can I say this without him being offended?

Proposal? It’s not marriage proposal. Isn’t it?”  he asked followed by a loud laugh.

Jinki can sense that she is unease on the other side of the line, so he was trying to make her comfortable by joking with her.

But when Jinki noticed the time, he hurriedly got up.

“No!” if they weren’t on the phone he would have seen Daisy blush. How could he think of it even as a joke? Ah! So his senses are now awake.

Daisy composed herself and cleared . “Uhm… My dad decided to get a tutor for me” Sorry dad, I can’t think of any excuse.

So? Daisy, can you please go straight to the point… I have to go in any minute.”

Jinki is in a hurry putting on his shoe while talking on the phone. She can hear his heavy breathing on the phone.

“I need you to tutor me…” there, she said it… Her heart was pounding hard and fast.

‘Why do I have to be nervous? I’m not even asking him to be my man… I’m just trying to help, that’s all.’ Daisy told herself.

She heard Jinki’s soft laugh followed by a deep sigh “but I am already doing it… Why are you asking me thats so suddenly?”

“I mean… An official tutor… you know ‘official’ like a job… besides I owe you one” said Daisy.

No need Daisy… I know what you mean” his voice was firm.

Daisy bit her lips upon hearing his answer, thinking for a moment about what to say.

“See you tomorrow at school then?” Daisy bid goodbye. I have to find another way I have to see him tomorrow.

Ok… Bye” Jinki turned off the call and run outside as fast as he could.

“Jinki…”Daisy was about to say something but he already hung up.

It’s already past 2am but she’s still awake thinking of Jinki.

These past days they’ve been together, she got closer to him and find out that he was very amusing and interesting. Daisy is seeing the other side of him, the one who makes her heart flutter.

Daisy is afraid that Jinki is teaching her not just numbers and letters, but something else that she is not familiar with.

‘I know he will not accept this tutoring job easily. I have to find a way to get this thing all done as soon as possible. But before that I have to sleep, I can’t think straight right now.’ Daisy warned herself before falling into deep sleep.

 

30sem2c.jpg

 

White sand.

Sparkling blue water.

It’s like a portrait framed on that wooden window.

Sunshine and soft breeze makes it even perfect.

Soft melody started to blend in that soft breeze.

It’s like music to her ears. Like a lullaby that caresses her heart.

It’s like a magnet that draws her near it.

She walked downstairs trying to find where it was coming from…

Looking around as she walked, noticing the simplicity of the house.

White laced curtain, wooden shelves. Everything is in place.

‘Oh this is a pretty cute house, very neat…’

 

~la Dalalala ~la laladalalala

 

There it goes again… that melody is so enticing to her ears…

Her feet brings her to the transparent front door.

She sees a man sitting on the wooden swing on the porch.

“Hi” she greets in a friendly tone.

She can’t see his face and the man continues to hum a sweet melody with a bit of wordings now.

 

~Dalalala la laladalalala la lala~

~It feels like my breath will stop~~

 

30sem2c.jpg

 

It was so serene… she closed her eyes… but when she opened it…

All Daisy saw was the white ceiling! It was a dream! A dream…

She got up after noticing the sunshine outside the window.

‘Crap! I’m late!’

She took a quick shower and dress up in her usual casual attire. Maong pants, white shirt and her black and white converse shoes. Daisy picked up her black hoodie jacket to finish the look.

Then, she grabbed her bag from the table.

‘Daisy! You’re a mess argh!’

Her hair is dripping wet so she has to wear it down.

She runs down the stairs as she shouts. “Mom! I have to go now…Thanks for the breakfast… I’ll eat mine later when I’m home.”

She heads to the door with her bag and stuff all over her hands before mom can respond.

 

30sem2c.jpg

 

Daisy keeps glancing at Jinki’s chair.

He didn’t come to school today. Where did he go? What is he doing now?

“Daisy!”

Is he sick? But he sounded alright last night.

“Miss Fernandez”

“Oh! Yes, pardon?”

“I have to talk to you later after class” Mr. Locsin stares at her as if she did a major offense.

“Yes sir…” Daisy lowered her head as she realizes how dumb she looked when all around her was staring at her.

 

30sem2c.jpg

 

“What is happening?”

“Do you know or do I have to give you a warning? You know what it means if your grade gets below of what it was supposed to be, don't you?”Should I send a formal letter to your parents to make it clear? This is not like you!”

Mr. Locsin’s voice still echoes in her  ears.

‘Yes it’s not like me. I’m also wondering who I am now’

Daisy wanted to answer but instead kept it to herself.

NO! I will be kicked out of Dean’s List if that happens.

She didn’t want to disappoint her dad.She promised him that she will continue the dream that he never fulfilled. Promised him that whatever happens she’ll make him proud of her. After all those years, Daisy worked hard to make it to this path. Everything will be put into waste just because of a guy?!

What was happening to her? She is not the same Daisy anymore.

Suddenly tears starts to build up on Daisy’s eyes as she walked to the pathway heading to the library.

 

30sem2c.jpg

 

Daisy is so busy reading on her favorite spot when all of a sudden someone grabbed the book.

She looked straight to his face.

“Jinki… “ Daisy was relieved that he was ok, but suddenly her expression changed to disappointment.

“Hi!” Jinki smiling face can brighten even the darkest corner in that room.

“What do you want?” Daisy’s trying to act as cold as she can.

Jinki’s smile disappears, and turns into a frown. Why the sudden change in mood?

“If you think about helping me out, no need, you’re not helping me at all. Go, I need to be alone!” Daisy says not even looking at the person in front of her.

“I already heard what happen” he combed his fringe with his fingers as he says it contemplating if it’s the right words to say. “I was called to the office too.”

Daisy didn’t answer or looked at him as he talks. She just keeps on reading although she didn’t understand a word on it. She keeps on fighting the urge to look at his face.

“I got a warning too for my absences, I guess today was my last for this year” Jinki ends his sentence with a soft chuckle, as if what he was saying is funny.

Daisy can felt Jinki’s stare on her face for a moment.

As if he is reading her reaction on what he is about to say.

“Is your offer last night, still available?” Jinki says it in a very low tone. Being able to be at school with no absences and late, Jinki has to sacrifice his part-time jobs. He needs to set his priorities straight, all he can think of is Daisy’s offer to solve his problem at the moment.

 

Daisy froze for a moment.

‘Is it a good idea? It would help him.’

 

But will it help her situation? Jinki occupied her mind 24/7 now.             

‘What happens if I’m with him more than the usual’

‘My heart says ‘yes’ what should I do?’

 

A light bulb suddenly lights up on Daisy’s naughty mind.

“Yes, but I need you to sign a contract” she says.

“What?” Jinki is surprised. He even forgot they were on the library.

“A contract! I have to pay you for your service” Daisy says with a smile on her face.

Jinki stares at Daisy’s face for a moment.

“Ok! But, do whatever I say… everything I told you to do while the contract is in effect” Jinki says in a firm tone looking straight at Daisy’s eyes.

Suddenly Daisy felt strange, is he mad? Did she say something wrong?

“Is that all? Sounds easy to me.” Daisy tried to ignore the intense change on Jinki’s mood.

‘I’m a fast learner whatever he says I can catch up any subject. It’s as easy as ABC’ this was on Daisy’s mind, everything would be alright.

“Yes! Since, I’m the tutor, it’s my rules, my time, my word. Ok?” Jinki points out with his crooked smile.

Jinki was hurt about the contract, he wasn’t expecting that Daisy would think that way about him in regards to money.

Daisy wanted to protest about the rules Jinki was mentioning, but she can’t speak it out loud. Jinki’s presence is so powerful that it drains all her power to go against her own heart. What was important was that he agreed to the contract, he can’t back out now. Daisy is afraid that if Jinki found a job that will fit right to his schedule, he will stop the tutorial job on her.

‘This is it Daisy! Tutorial Lesson begins’ Daisy whispers to herself.

 

zsr4uh.jpg

I added my cute Jewel as co-author! She is the misterious writer of this story! 

Responsable by the even numbers!

I'll see you on the next chapter! ;) 

(Im so excited with this contract! Aigoooo!) 

------------

Hi! Im usangjinki *waves both hands in the air

Im new here!

My friend bunny dragged me into this ^_^

I like to apologize in advance for the mistakes

I'll work hard and do better next time

Thank you for reading our experimental collaboration fic

~~sending dubu love to everyone ♥♥♥