Lesson 7

Lessons of the Heart

“Jinki…Jinki is in the hospital!”

Those words made Daisy chest hurt and she grabbed Jonghyun arm squeezing it.

“Last night I came to retrieve my bike that I left here at campus…”

“You said you forgot and…

“I lied Daisy. I wanted to take you home and I needed to talk with you.”

Jonghyun explained embarrassed and Daisy sighed impatiently. She didn’t care about that, only Jinki was important right now.

“When I was going back home I saw Jinki at the park. He wasn’t alone Daisy. Two weird men were with him. They started to beat him up and then I screamed getting ready to fight. You know how I can fight well…”

“KEEP GOING!”

“…So I ran to them and they ran off. Jinki was on the ground and I helped him get up and took him home.”

“How was he?” she asked holding her breath, suddenly tears coming to her eyes.

“His mom was there and she took him to the hospital. He didn’t want to but….”

“How is he? Please tell me!” Jonghyun seemed uncomfortable and she knew it was serious.

“I don’t know. He was bleeding from his mouth and nose and he had a hard time walking back home but I left them after accompanying them to the hospital. Guess he wasn’t ok because no one was home when I passed by it this morning.”

“TAKE ME TO HIM!” Daisy screamed siting behind Jonghyun on his bike.

“What? Now? What about classes?”

Daisy didn’t even hesitate.

“Let’s go!”

 

30sem2c.jpg

 

“Jinki, your friends came to visit you!” his mom, a short chubby woman with black hair announced entering the room.

He raised his head focusing on the door and in Jonghyun worried face.

“Jonghyun!” he exclaimed happy his smile disappearing once he saw the girl he loved behind him.

Daisy paled when she saw him under the white covers of the hospital bed.

His cheek and lips were swollen, his right eye was inflamed and he looked awful. She didn’t even want to think about the condition of his body.

“It’s not has worse as it seems!” he said reading her mind “Shouldn’t you be at college?”

“No!” Daisy said in a weak voice and Jinki made an effort to smile more. She knew he was doing that for her sake and she felt even more terrible. She didn’t know how to show him how she felt, how she wanted to cry inside and couldn’t.

Jonghyun walked closer to the bed but Daisy stayed next to the door not knowing what to do, too scared to walk closer to him afraid of her reaction.

“Aigo!” Jonghyun exhaled before grabbing her arm and pulling her closer to the bed.

Jinki mom excused herself saying she was going to get more water and the three of them stayed alone in the room.

Daisy looked at the bed covers, avoiding looking at his bruised face, her  hands grasping the bed covers.

“This is not bad! I don’t need to do anything, only eat and sleep! It’s like I’m staying in the best hotel in the world! “Jinki chuckled and Daisy looked up at him, their eyes meeting “I only wish the food was better!” He pouted with his perfect bruised lips and she didn’t know if she wanted to hit him for his stupidity or hug instead.

“When are you going home?” she asked suddenly.

“Probably later today! The nurses will miss me! They say I’m the nicest and cutest patient they had!” He smiled again closing his eyes and Daisy ignored his try to make her jealous.

“Are you in pain?”

“Just a little! I’m fine Daisy! Don’t worry!”

He is acting strong and she knows it deep down on her heart. Daisy looked away lost in her thoughts, trying to fight that sadness and feeling of helplessness inside her heart.

“Ok…I get it! You two can flirt another time!” Jonghyun said clearing his throat. “Who were those guys?”

The question didn’t surprise Jinki, but he certainly seemed uncomfortable and Daisy noticed it right away. That surprised her. At first she couldn’t read him but look at her now.

“They were drunk and started picking up a fight with me. Nothing special!”

It was a lie and both Daisy and Jonghyun didn’t believe him.

Daisy could read it on his eyes and Jonghyun clearly saw the man running away. It didn’t look like they were drunk at all.

Daisy can’t hold it inside anymore and slowly her hand moved to his chubby fingers resting on top of the white sheet.

“I’m fine really! My mom wanted to call the police. What nonsense!” He stopped talking when her fingers touched his and he watched how she slowly grabbed his hand on hers a smile appearing on his face while she blushed slightly.

Jonghyun pretended not to notice that romantic moment between them.

“I’m fine Daisy!” he squeezed her hand reassuring her making her nod awkwardly.

“I-I’ll be outside!” Jonghyun mumbled suddenly walking outside the room and leaving both alone.

“He can read the mood well!” Jinki commented chuckling and looked eyes with Daisy again, the tone of his voice changing. “You look beautiful today!”

He looked up and down at her and Daisy frowned. She looked as she always did, wearing a simple gray sweater and blue jeans.

“You look horrible!” she answered back and he laughed agreeing with her.

“You are absolutely right! However I would look better if you kiss me!”

He asked pouting his lips slightly, the smile leaving his face, his hand holding hers firmly.

She watched the spark on his eyes, ignoring the bruised one and she stared at his lips.

“I can hurt you!”

He pulled her closer “Do it softly!”

Daisy leaned down slowly, her eyes set on the target: his lips.

She tried not to get distracted by the way he caressed her face, tucking her hair behind her hear, caressing her cheek ,and she closed her eyes kissing him softly.

He pulled her against him making her kiss him harder and she moved away afraid to hurt him.

However he had his eyes closed in delight. Jinki looked so cute that a smile escaped Daisy lips and he grinned perhaps sensing it.

“It’s a miracle!” He whispered opening his eyes “The pain disappeared and my heartbeat is acting funny!” he pulled her hand to his chest and she tried to feel his heartbeat over the thin layer of his hospital clothes. “Can you feel it Daisy? My heart beating for you?”

She never felt like that, she couldn’t feel his heartbeat but she could feel hers.

“D-don’t joke!” she released her hand abruptly hiding the fact that his actions moved her. “Who were they?” she asked making him close his eyes.

“I told you already!”

“No. It was a lie!”

He opened his eyes again but looked to the opposite side of the room. “It isn’t… Why are you so curious about two drunk man?” he joked and Daisy was going to ask him again when his mom entered the room catching them with their hands intertwined.

Daisy stepped back releasing his hand blushing furiously and Jinki covered his face laughing.

He was so silly! Always upsetting her and making her heart beat so much! She always felt so weird around him! Daisy hated it!

“Go back to college Daisy!” he said “Will you take notes in class for me?

Daisy nodded watching him and his stupid beautiful smile she loved so much.

 

30sem2c.jpg

 

Daisy blinked her eyes and rolled in bed. She couldn’t sleep, the screams of someone outside on the street could be the reason but it wasn’t.

 Jinki was. She wondered if he was home already, if he was sleeping, if he was still in pain…she couldn’t stop worrying and worrying about him.

She hugged her pillow against her head and closed her eyes firmly. She needed to sleep!

But sleep didn’t come because she wanted to hear his voice and check on him. She sighed opening her eyes and staring at the clock in the desk in front of her. It was still early. She could call him and check on him.

Daisy placed her feet on the cold floor and groaned picking up her handphone.

He answered almost immediately with a bright Hello making her nervous. She wants expecting it to be so quick, to hear his voice immediately.

“Daisy?” he asked.

“Are you home?” Daisy asked abruptly but he didn’t seem to notice.

“Yes. I left the hospital this afternoon. I’m on my bed!” he paused waiting for her to say something but she didn’t know what. “Do you want to know what I am wearing?” Jinki flirted and she ignored him.

“Are you in pain?”

“No. I took the painkillers the doctor gave me. I’ll be back to school tomorrow.”

“You have to rest! You can’t!”

“I miss you…” Daisy almost let the handphone fall from her hand with his sudden confession “…and I need to be there so no other guy will approach you.”

“Pabo!” She smiled grateful that he couldn’t see it on the other side.

“Are you calling you boyfriend names now? That is not very polite!”

Daisy didn’t answer and they stayed like that for a while until he chuckled “Funny! You used to talk so much about grades and scolded me and now you are so quiet!”

“I don’t know what to say!”

“Why did you call then?”

Why did she? To be sure he was ok, to know if he left the hospital, to hear his voice…

“I missed you…” Daisy felt her cheeks get hot while her pulse quickened.

“I know! I’ll be back tomorrow! I promise!”

“Yes…”

“Good night Daisy! Dream with me!”

“Good night”

She turned off the call and placed her handphone back on her desk. The light on her phone died and she lied down on her bed again staring into darkness.

She wasn’t sure about a lot of things but one thing was certain she would dream with him because he never leaves her mind.

 

30sem2c.jpg

 

Daisy used to walk to school lazily because she was always on time and was the first to arrive every time. However this time she almost flew to school, not because she was late but because she wanted to see Jinki.

She didn’t have to search for him because once she climbed the stairs to the main building she saw him. He was leaning against the building wall, two of his dorky friends talking with him and his face looked a little better from the previous day. His eye almost seemed normal.

Daisy decided to walk by them and pretend that she didn’t see him so she didn’t have to greet the other two men she didn’t know well. However Jinki bid farewell to his friends and walked in her direction with a huge smile on his face making her uncomfortable, yet warm inside.

He grabbed her hand on his and kissed her cheek quickly making her stare at him. Of course! They are a couple now and that was a normal thing for a couple. Everyone was watching and that made Daisy uncomfortable, but she liked how his hand grabbed hers firmly.

Jinki started talking about random things and asking if she got the notes for him and he didn’t even seem to notice the others watching them, the mean girls making comments about a perfect guy like him dating someone like her.

So Daisy tried to ignore them too answering to his questions and focusing on his bruised yet handsome face.

 

30sem2c.jpg

 

After the first class they had free time and end up at the library with Jinki copying Daisy notes.

She sat in front of him watching how he diligently wrote on his notebook with his messy handwriting.  Daisy wasn’t bored even if it looked like it. She could look at him forever and not be bored. Jinki was handsome with his lips moving while he silently read what she wrote with her neat, organized handwriting that he liked to say that was art.

She always did her best in everything and he admired that.

Suddenly he yawned rubbing his face, tiredness all over his face and Daisy saw herself caressing his cheek. His eyes raised from the notebook in front of him to her and she held her movements watching him. He didn’t smile or say anything and she took her hand way a little embarrassed.

“Let’s go to our hiding place!” he suggested placing the pencil on the table.

“Now?” She asked knowing what he wanted.

“I want to kiss you!” he said looking at her so intensely that she couldn’t breathe.

“Not now! We are studying!”

“Now or I will kiss you in front of everyone!” he was actually threatening her and Daisy stood up, her legs trembling a little with excitement.

He grabbed her hand and pulled her in the middle of the bookshelfs until they found their secret place.

Once they reached it he stared around before grabbing her closer to him, kissing her. Daisy didn’t have time for anything besides holding into him while he kissed her passionately.

“Wait!” she pulled him away suddenly remembering “your lips…”

“It’s ok!” he kissed her again, over and over again, his hand caressing her back while the other one touched her cheek and Daisy melted into his touch, trying to answer to his demanding kisses as best as she could.

He left her breathless and she looked into his eyes when he broke the kiss.

“You make me crazy!” Jinki whispered cupping her face, his fingers touching her cheeks. “I’ve never thought it was possible to feel like this!” he kissed her again, shorter this time and she didn’t even know what to say, too lost on his eyes and kisses. He is the one who makes her crazy…

He rubbed his cheek against her and hugged her tightly and Daisy grabbed the back of his sweater letting him do what he wanted to her.

Daisy stayed like that in his arms but she was worried, the questions from the night before still moving around inside her head.

“Who were the man that attacked you?” she asked making him pull away from the hug, and distressed look at her.

“Let’s not talk about that!”

“We have to. It’s important. They beat you up!” she couldn’t understand why he was ignoring all that.

“The less you know it’s better!”

She frowned with his comment and he caressed her arm.

“That means that you know them. That they are dangerous!”

“No…I don’t know them...” he tried to correct his mistake but it was late. Jinki avoided her stare and she looked at him mad.

“You are lying! You looked away!”

“I…”

Daisy pushed him upset and walked away from the deserted hallway all the way back to the desk grabbing her notes and throwing them inside her bag.

“Daisy wait!” he grabbed her arm but she took it away sending him a hateful look.

“You said you love me but if you did you would tell me the whole truth!”

He hopeless opened his mouth, his hands moving on the air but no words came out.

Daisy grabbed her bag and stormed away from the library leaving him alone.

 

30sem2c.jpg

 

Daisy stopped on the top of the bleachers on the usual spot she always met Jinki. He was there lying down, his hand falling to the next step, his bag on top of his tummy and she slowly walked on his direction peeking at his face. He had his eyes closed and was sleeping peacefully, finally giving in to tiredness.

She sighed still upset with him but she couldn’t ignore him forever. Ignoring him during their last lecture together was so hard to her that she gave up on it.

Daisy sat next to him and carefully grabbed his head placing it on her lap, hesitantly caressing his temple and his brown long hair that was falling on his eyes.

“Why are you so handsome?” she whispered staring into his plump lips she loved and looking away once he started to stretch his arms.

Jinki opened his eyes and stared up at her, raising up and sitting by her side without  saying anything.

The corners of his mouth started curving up into a smirk and she hit his shoulder knowing exactly what he was thinking. She screamed at him and ignored him for one hour and a half and here she was next to him once again.

He giggled and kissed her lips making her push him away playfully.

“Stop!” she ordered sending him a dirty look.

“Why? Let everyone see how I can’t be away from your lips for more than a few minutes!”

He gingerly smiled and kissed her again and Daisy answered to the kiss for a while until she looked away for him and grabbed one of her books from inside her bag.

“I need to study and you should do it also!” she opened the book pretending to read it, but she couldn’t concentrate with him so close to her.

“I’ll look at you instead” he said crossing his legs and turning to her, his hands in front of him looking like a dog staring at his owner.

“NO!” she covered his eyes with one hand and he grabbed it and pulled her hand away.

They fought for a while, with her trying to cover his eyes while reading with no avail because he would take her hand away or move his head to the side.

She groaned upset almost letting the book fall from her lap and he chuckled moving his hand to her side for the final attack, tickling her.

She cried upset pushing him away, her hands careless touching his chest and he took the opportunity to touch her in a more ert way making her yell at him.

Daisy was going to kick him when he pulled her closer to him, his hands grabbing her arms firmly so she couldn’t move away and kissed her forehead, cheek, and nose, everywhere he could reach.

“STOP!” she yelled upset just when he kissed her lips once again making her lose all her strength to fight.

He her lower lip and brushed his lips against her chin down to her neck making her bent her head to the side so he could reach the soft skin of her neck.

Suddenly he released her arms and she giggled when he her neck moving away.

“Are you a dog?”

He smiled watching how beautiful she was, how her smile was the most stunning thing to him. She seemed happy even though she spent the last minutes screaming with him. She liked his attack, he was sure of that.

“Daisy….how come you are so beautiful?”

She frowned immediately blushing hard and he giggled happy grabbing her hand in his.

She was his and he was slowly claiming her to him, every little portion of her body was his. Jinki didn’t mind taking his time!

“Let’s go on a date today!” He suggested kissing her fingers.

“Oh the contract…” She seemed down now, since it was mentioned and he bit one of her fingers softly.

“No! Let’s end the contract! Let’s do it for real since you are my girlfriend!”

“I’ve never been on a real date.”

“I know! You are a bookworm.”

She didn’t even feel offended. He was right and she was proud to be one.

“Where do u want to go?” He asked beaming at her, bending his head forward inches from her face.

She looked away embarrassed but slowly looked back at him since he wasn’t moving away, still waiting for her answer.

“I wonder….”

“Somewhere you like to go!”

“Book store!”

He chuckled patting her head running his fingers in her hair.

“Let’s go eat something together after school!”

Daisy nodded agreeing with him and he kissed her again, his nose bumping against hers.

“I really can’t stop kissing you.” Jinki said softly against her lips, so close that she could feel his warm breath; and his eyes were inches from hers making her nervous.

He took the opportunity to caress her cheek, his fingers moving down her skin to the back of her neck making her shiver in pleasure.

“I mean it. You are so beautiful Daisy.”

“Stop saying that!” she ordered trying to be bossy and failing miserable when her voice betrayed her and failed. It made her blush even more and he kissed her cheek and lips again taking his time, his hand on the nape of her neck caressing her skin.

Daisy pushed him away again “Not here!” she pleaded scared of her own actions. He was making her blood boil and she wasn’t sure she could handle that overwhelming feeling.

He observed her for a while as if he was studying her and then smiled softly as if he noticed something different in her.

“Come with me.” He whispered in her ear collecting her book and putting it inside her bag, grabbing his bag too and walking down the bleachers with Daisy following him.

She didn’t know where they were going but she followed him with no doubts.

They walked to the back of the main building and into the middle of a couple of trees and Daisy looked at him questioning his actions. What were they doing there away from everyone?!

Jinki threw the bags to the floor and pulled her into his arms and against the wall immediately kissing her. Now it was clear for Daisy why they were there. He wanted to be alone with her.

“You are aroused aren’t you Daisy?” he asked between kissed making her try to pull him away.

Conceited idiot! She groaned against his lips while he grabbed her wrists and pushed her arms against the wall behind her, not giving her space to run away from his kisses.

Daisy gave in answering fervently to the kisses, his tongue entering and making her moan;her legs failing her when she started to feel incredible hot.

He bit her lower lip in victory smiling mischievously and rubbed his nose against hers.

“I love you!” he confessed releasing her arms and prisoning her against the wall instead.

He kissed the corner of her lip and slowly distributed kisses on his way down to her neck and once again Daisy closed her eyes feeling his mouth caress her neck. She liked that, she truly liked it and her heart was beating so fast that she wasn’t even able to focus on what was around her anymore. He was her weakness and he knew it.

Jinki moved away watching her with her eyes closed, leaning against the wall slightly opened while she panted and she looked at him waiting for his next action.

He touched her lips tracing them and admiring their softness and slowly run his finger down her jaw and neck feeling her swallow nervous.

He kissed her again placing his hand on her chest slowly caressing her and she pushed him away with all her strength making him trip on the root of the tree behind him and fall with his on the floor.

She looked at him horrified and Jinki knew he went to fast.

“Are you hurt?” she asked seeming upset and worried at the same time.

“No. I’m fine….”

She then grabbed her bag and walked away leaving him there.

“Not again!” he mumbled quickly standing up and putting his backpack on following after her.

“Daisy!” He called running after her, rubbing his , and she ignored him “I’m sorry!” He pulled her arm making her stop so he could kneel in front of her and the other student.

“Are you crazy? Stand up!” she asked and he ignored her.

“I promise I won’t touch your s anymore without your consent!” he placed a hand on his heart making her smile..

“Ok stop acting like an idiot and stand up!”

He did so and grabbed her hand again walking proudly by her side.

“But you liked it didn’t you?”

She squeezed his hand hard and Jinki screamed in pain.

However Daisy did like it, so much she got scared, she wasn’t used to have that tingling feel between her legs and it was his entire fault.

 

30sem2c.jpg

 

“Ready?” Jinki asked placing his hands in front of Daisy on her desk.

“You two dating?” one of their colleagues asked and Daisy ignored him, putting her notebook inside her brown bag.

“Yes! I’m so lucky! I’m dating the smartest girl in college!” She looked up at Jinki who was smiling at her.

The other guy patted Jinki shoulder laughing and walked away.

“You don’t have to act that way!” Daisy remarked making him frown.

“What way? I only said the truth!”

He pulled the bag away from her arms and carried it with him outside “Let’s go! We have a date!”

He screamed it so loudly that everyone started giggling at it and whispering. Daisy knew he did that on purpose and she followed after him trying not to trip and make a bigger full of herself than he already did.

“I want to eat something delicious, share it with you!” he said on the hallway, grabbing her hand and kissing her cheek quickly. Daisy was slowly getting used to that, his hand holding hers, his lips on her skin and she suddenly felt a little afraid to lose it.

“Whatever is good!” she said absent minded.

“Whatever?” he seemed offended “It’s our first date! ah!”

Suddenly he started moving weirdly and release her hand searching on his pocket for his handphone that was vibrating.

He pulled it from his pocket with a smile “Hi little one!”

She frowned at his weirdness and saw him answering the call.

“Yes mommy!” he said in perfect English his smile disappearing instantly. “Ok. Stop crying. I’m going now!” he turned the call off and spun to Daisy.

“Sorry I can’t go on a date today. I need to go home!”

“Why? What’s wrong? Is your mom ok?”

“Yes….I-I have to go!”

“I’ll go with you!”

“No!” he almost yelled “No. You can’t! Stay here! Don’t go!” he raised a hand stopping her, his eyes seeming deadly as she never seen before. That wasn’t the Jinki she knew.

He gave her bag back to her and ran away down the corridor and into the corner disappearing.

Daisy stood motionless with open still not knowing what to do next.

She looked outside the window and saw Jinki running, his brown hair shinning under the sunlight. Jonghyun was riding his bike ready to go back home with Sang Hee following after him as a faithful puppy and she saw the two men talking. Suddenly Jonghyun offered his bike to Jinki and he rode off leaving Jonghyun behind.

“What the….” Daisy sprinted down the hall and outside the building skipping the last steps and catching up with Jonghyun, who was now walking to the bus stop.

“Where did Jinki go?” she panted breathless grabbing Jonghyun arm for support or her legs would give in.

“Daisy?” Sang Hee exclaimed eyeing Daisy hand on Jonghyun arm.

“Ah…I don’t know. He asked if I could lend him my bike and I did” Jonghyun answered oblivious to Sang Hee jealousy.

Daisy groaned frustrated.

“What’s wrong?” Jonghyun asked, trying to link the events from the other night to what was happening now.

“I don’t know Jonghyun. His mom called and he said he needed to go! “ Daisy took a deep breath making her mind ”Jinki his hiding something, probably what made him come here in the first place. He is running away from something. We need to help him…please…”

“Off course.” Sang Hee exclaimed, expectantly looking at Jonghyun.

He grabbed Daisy bag and pulled her with him. “Let’s go to his place!”

Daisy didn’t hesitate even though she was still replaying the way he asked; no, ordered her, to not follow him.

She loved him, she was his girlfriend and whatever was happening with him was her problem too. 

zsr4uh.jpg

Im back...sorry for the delay! ^^

Comment, subscribe, upvote!

Thanks for reading!

If you read Dating an Idol or Click, Enter, Love please suggest songs you think that fit the story to add to their playlist! ^^