Lesson 2

Lessons of the Heart

Daisy was still furious inside; she couldn’t forget what Jinki just said.

But she needed the help of this guy, there was nothing she could do but to swallow her pride.

'Daisy it’s just once!' she told herself. She let out a deep sigh.

"Jinki" she says with her head down, she can’t look at him, but she is clenching her fists.

He is so into the game on his phone and not even glancing at her but answers, “hmm?”

She swallowed “Can you help me?”

"Hmm? What do you want again?” Jinki was now looking straight at her face.

Ah, this man is really trying my patience; does he want me to beg? His eyes! There’s something in his eyes.

Daisy starts to feel dizzy.  She wonders if it’s because of over thinking or if it’s the hot weather that day on the field.

"Are you alright?" Jinki asked.

She started to get pale and she firmly closed her eyes.

"Daisy?”  He tries to grab her wrist to support her but she moves her arm away.  

"I’m alright. I.. think, I.. need to go." she got up on her feet and headed towards the library building just across the field, using all her strength to reach her destination.

Jinki was puzzled.

What was that all about?! Is she really ok? He stares at her back as she goes away.

 

 

She sits on her usual spot on the library; this spot is her hiding place.

Daisy lays her head on the table; she can feel her body burning.

“Ah, I am sick” she almost forgot that and her fever was back...

At this time she should have taken her medicine but she forgot. All her thoughts were on how she can patch up those days that she was absent.

"I’m a total mess, what should I do?"  With that thought she fell asleep unknowingly.

 

 

Jinki can hear a phone ringing; with a blurry mind he slowly opens his eyes. He isn’t back to his senses and doesn’t know where he is.

Riiinnggggg!!!!!!

Oh it’s his phone! He got up in an instant.

“Crap!” he slept on the bleacher.

When he grabbed his phone the caller has given up already. It was the ajumma of the restaurant he was working on as a part-time job.

He flattens his shirt, fixing his light brown hair with his fingers and leaves the school in an instant. 

 

 

"I’m sorry Jinki, but we are running a business here" says Mrs. Kwon, a lady on her mid-forties with a strict aura, who happens to be the manager.

Jinki was standing at the kitchen door, sweating and panting, still catching his breath.

"I’m so sorry, this will never happen again... I need this job… please!“ Pleaded Jinki almost begging.

"Ok...” the woman gave in waiving her hands on the air as if Jinki’s voice irritated her.

"Ok take a double shift on Monday, and don’t be late no excuses!" says Mrs. Kwon who turns back as she finishes the conversation.

Jinki froze.

How can he do that when he had an exam schedule on that date?! He stayed still, standing all alone on the kitchen, thinking about what to do.

 

 

“Daisy, Daisy” she heard a worried voice. She slowly opened her heavy eyes to see a familiar face beside her, tapping her shoulder.

Silver hair with a pair of puppy eyes were in front of her.

“Are you alright?” Asked Jonghyun.

“Ye…yes I’m ok.” She glanced at her watch to check the time. She slept for 2 hours. Next she checked herself. Her fever lowered a bit now.

She looked at Jonghyun, “why are you here?”

“Ah.. hum.. I just passed by to check something, and then I saw you!” Jonghyun stared at her worriedly.” Why are you sleeping here? Are you alright?”

“I’m alright now… ” she said as if she was convincing herself instead of telling Jonghyun that she was alright.

“I’m about to go home now, how about you?” Jonghyun says while staring at the book in her table.

She felt so weak because she hadn’t eaten anything since morning.

“I’m hungry! Can we eat first?”

 “Sure!” One side of Jong’s lips curled up into a smile. He helped her tidy her things up and suddenly grabbed her bag “I’ll take this for you!”

Jonghyun was talking non-stop but Daisy wasn’t listening what he is talking about.

Her mind was completely off at that moment. When they pass by the bleachers her eyes searched for someone but failed to see where he was…

‘Who the hell does he think he is?’ the feel of annoyance starts to fill her up.

You just wait Jinki I’ll take my revenge in time’

“Hey! Are you with me?” Jong taps her shoulder following the direction at where she is looking.

 “Uh? Oh, yes...” she comes back to her senses.

  Jonghyun became silent after that till they reach the bus stop.

 

 

If there is one person who knew Daisy inside and out, it’s him, Jonghyun. He is a childhood friend, they grow up together. He saw her ups and downs. He knows the true Daisy, the vulnerable Daisy…

'I’ve loved her for a long time already with no worries but it’s different now.’

‘How long should I hide this feeling for her’ Jong asks himself while they were sitting at the end seat of the bus. ‘I better say this before it’s too late’

Jonghyun decided to enter the restaurant near the bus stop. Daisy was behind him trailing with both hands inside her pocket.

The wind is cold outside, Jong carrying her bag enters first and finds a table near the window followed by Daisy.

The room is cozy with a warm feeling to it; Daisy can hear a solemn music on the background. She looks around, there are couples on the other side of the room smiling at each other. Daisy smirked thinking how  it was ridiculous and cheesy. Why did Jong choose this place he knew she hated places like that.

A guy came handling out the menu to them. Daisy reached for it, when she heard a familiar voice.

"Good evening mam, sir…. I’m Jinki your waiter tonight" said blank faced Jinki with his waiter uniform.

Daisy’s face went blank too, can’t believe what she saw… It’s Jinki!

Questions flood her mind and she doesn’t comprehend why this guy is in front of her.

Jonghyun just stares at Daisy as if he is reading her reaction.

 

Here is chapter 2 writen by my misterious co-writer.

She is shy because this is the first time she writes something!

Please comment and subscribe this story! 

I'll see you on chapter 3! =D