Worst News With No Solution

Mark, my angel

 

10 Months Later

 

Me and Mark were lying on the couch in each other's arms, watching some comedy series on the TV while Jimin was in her room, playing with the new doll Mark had just bought her. We were chatting about many subjects, laughing and giggling. Suddenly, the phone rang and cut our speech.

I stood up from the couch and sat straight, turning the TV on mute and then picked up the phone. I didn't recognize the number and frowned, but answered. "Hello?" I asked, nodding Mark to stay quiet since he kept bugging me. "Hello, is this Mrs. Moon Eunah? Daughter of Moon Huseok and Kim Minah?" I got a little confused since i didn't know whose voice it was.

"Yes...that's me...Who is this?" I asked and Mark looked at me confused. I shrugged at him as I waited for an answer. "Is it true that you take care of an 8-year-old girl named Jimin?" I lowered my eyebrows and tried to remain calm. "Y-Yes she's my...daughter." I answered, feeling a little worried.

"I'm sorry Mrs.Eunah but i think you're mistaken at this point. The little girl is not related to you in blood, therefore cannot use your surname which means she,in the end, is not your daughter. We were informed that you raised the girl since she was but a toddler, but that's as far as it will go." I skipped a heart beat and stood up. "What do you mean?" I asked, frozen.

"We will come and take the girl with us." "what?!" I yelled. "You have no right to do this!" "You have no right to keep the girl. She is not related in blood with you and is not adopted." "Then i will adopt her! I won't let you take her!" I shouted, making Mark stand up worryingly. "It's a long and pricey procedure. You won't be able to make it, I have seen through your files and if i am not mistaken, your financial condition is not the best, am i wrong?" She wasn't wrong. And i knew i would be unable to adopt Jimin.

I fell on my knees, Mark trying to keep me standing. "Why are you doing this to me?" I asked, powerless as tears streamed down my cheeks. "It's the law. We shall take her tomorrow morning." Then she hang up. The phone fell from my hand and my tears were falling down like waterfalls.

"What happened Eunah?!" Mark asked shocked. "They're...they're taking her." I muttered. "Who?!" "JIMIN!" I screamed and began crying outloud. Mark was dumbfounded and could not believe what i had just said. "No, they can't!" He shouted. "They can, they ing can! They have the law in their side and I have nothing but ing debts!" I screamed at him, not knowing what to do. 

"How am i going to make it without Jimin?" I questioned and Mark locked me in his embrace. "I'm here, Eunah, I'm here. I-I'll fix everything...I promise." He mumbled while caressing my back softly. 

 

Next Day

 

Me and Mark were standing outside of the apartment building, trying to keep our tears from falling as Jimin was entering their car. We had told her that she was going for a long and nice trip, with some friends of ours. I wasn't able to stop them from taking there, i had no power and no money to fight back.

Jimin was taken from me. She was taken from my embrace. And she would never return to me... They told me that i was lucky that i didn't get charged for doing something illegal, but i didn't give a about this. I just wanted to keep Jimin but i couldn't. I was useless and the worst mother ever. I wished i could kill myself at that moment. A part of me was gone without Jimin here.

"Let's...go inside..." Mark helped me walk inside the apartment, as the car was driving away. I sat on the couch, emotionless and quiet. Mark sat next to me and held my hands in his. "Eunah...talk to me..." He begged but i just lowered my head, tears rolling down my cheeks. "Will she be okay?" I quietly asked.

"She will, they will take good care of her." Mark assured me, and cupped my face in his hands, making me look at him. "She will be alright. But we need to be alright as well. Just...think of this moment like the day she would turn 20 and leave the house." I blinked. "Turn 20 and leave the house..." I repeated.

"Yes...yes, just think of it like that. You'll have to be strong, we both have to be strong and support each other." He sat a little closer and held my hands again. "It's just us now." He muttered and huffed. He slowly wrapped his arms around me and I hid my face in the crook of his neck. "I can't really promise that things won't be broken but....i swear to you that i will never leave." Mark mumbled, making me feel a little better.

"Let's get some rest, okay? Eveyrthing will be better tommorow, you'll see." He suggested and helped me to go to the bedroom. We both laid down and he wrapped his arms around me protectivly and lovingly. I burried myself in his arms and closed my eyes, trying to get some sleep...

 

 


I knowwwwwwwww his might be a little to harsh and early but i really couldnt keep the fic going with Jimin so i had to do this... i really want to develop Mark's and Eunah's relationship so...deal with it?