Jimin, My Sunshine

Mark, my angel

 

*Dring Dring* The bell rang and I let out a sigh. I smiled to myself. About time I went to pick Jimin up! I gathered my books and put on my backpack. I rushed towards the door when a voice stopped me. "E-Eunah!" I turned around and saw Mark running towards me. I shooed my bangs from my face and put my hair behind my ear.

"Yes?" I asked, blinking. "Um...I was wondering...are you busy? Right now?" I gulped and turned my gaze on the floor. "I...need to go somewhere right now...I'm sorry.." He huffed and looked away, shaking his head slowly. "I get it, it's alright.." He tried to smile and I was about to leave but I turned around again. "Um, if you want we could hang out one day...during school." I said hesitating.

He looked at me shocked. "You mean to skip school?" He asked and I shrugged. He smiled and nodded. "Yeah! Let's!" He exclaimed happily and I smiled. Then I remembered Jimin. "O-Oh, I gotta go! Sorry!" I said and began running. I shouldn't be late or Jimin would be sad and she wouldn't stop reminding me that i had 'forgotten' her.

Mark looked confused. I ran as fast as I could when I finally reached Jimin's primary school. There were so many women picking up their children and I couldn't find Jimin anywhere. "Where could she be..." I mumbled looking around. I entered the school and began looking for Jimin's teacher. "Mrs.Lee!" I called out for her. "Oh, Eunah!" She smiled at me. "Um...have you seen Jimin?" She chuckled and pointed towards the class. I walked towards the class and saw Jimin drawing something.

"Jimin-ah?" I mumbled and she looked at me. She stood up and ran towards me. "Mommy!" I raised her on my hands and kissed her cheek. "Is mommy late?" I asked and she shook her head. "No, i was just drawing." I let her down and she gave me her drawing. It was a little girl and an older one holding hands. "It's you and me mommy!" I smiled and tapped her head.

"Let's go home, sweetheart." She held my hand and we began walking out of of the school. While we were walking towards our house, I came across many girls from school. And of course I kept hearing the same thing. 

'I heard she has a daughter. I think it's that little girl.'

'She's 20 and she already has a child... What a shame...'

'I bet she's a e.'

'I wonder if she knows who the father is...'

'Could it be Mark? He always talks to her...'

I stopped walking and bit my lower lip. "Mommy, are you alright?" I looked at her smiling. "Yes, sweetheart. I'm fine!" I said happily and we continued our way. 'How could they involve Mark to this?' I thought shocked. When we reached the house, Jimin threw her backpack on the ground and ran towards her room. "Jimin, what have I told you about your bag!" I shouted chuckling.

I grabbed it and placed it in the closet along with mine. I strenched myself and went upstairs to change. I put on my black shorts and loose t-shirt. I ran to the kitchen and began cooking some kimchi for both of us.  "Jimin, come down! The food is ready!" She quickly rushed downstairs and sat on the chair, waiting for her food.

I served her food and we both began eating happily. "How was school today?" I asked and she touched her chin with her forefinger. "It was normal... I made a friend! His name is Joon." I smiled as she blushed. "Do you like Joon?" She looked at me and blushed even more. "He gave me chocolate... he is cute!" She exclaimed and I chuckled.

"What about you mommy? Did you see that boy you like?" I looked at her shocked. "What?" I asked and she laughed. "Jieun unnie told me about him~" She chuckled and I huffed. "Aish... that girl is going to get yelled at!" Jimin smiled. "So? Did you see him?" I huffed and nodded. "I did,little one,I did!" "Is he cute?" I grabbed my phone from my pocket.

"See for yourself." I showed her my wallpaper and she froze. Mark had his arms around me, pressing his forehead against mine, gazing in my eyes. I was looking at the camera and we were both smiling. "Omo, mommy! He is so handsome!" She clapped and I chuckled. "Does he like you?" She asked and I slowly shrugged. "I don't know.." I admitted and she grabbed my phone, examinating the picture. "He likes you." She said determinded. I looked at her and giggled. "How do you know?"

She pointed at him. "Look at how he is looking at you! I mean... mommy, look at him! It's obvious." I caressed her cheek. "Okay, i believe you." I kissed her forehead. "Mommy..." She seemed a little sad. "Does he know about me? Does he make you sad about me like those girls do everyday?" I looked at her shocked.

"Nobody makes me sad about you sweety!" I almost shouted. "But they talk about you mommy..." I smiled at her. "I don't care if they say things about me. I'm happy as long as I have you." She smiled and clapped her hands. "But you didn't answer me, does the boy know about me?"  Truth be told, she was too inteligent for her age! "... I didn't get the chance to tell him,my baby." I explained.

"Can I meet him?" She asked. "I'll arrange it as soon as I can, alright?" I asked and she reached out her pinkie. "Promise?" I hooked my pinkie to hers and nodded. "Promise!" I hugged her tightly and we both began laughng happily.