Wake Up

Her World All Alone

(A/N: I had writter's block guys huuuuuu~ i'm so sorry. I'm could've done this chapter better but i had to update and i just......SIGH! )

 

1:15 pm

The first thing he did, no one saw coming. Not even Jaebum himself because in one minute he was leaning against wall outside the cafeteria with his hands in his pocket and the next he was on the ground mending a bruised jaw. 

Three Hours earlier:

Suzy was awoken by the doorbell repeatedly being pressed making that annoying chime sound bounce off the walls in her house. It was cut off by the door being wrenched open and slammed shut not a second later.

“Ugh” Suzy groaned from her place amongst her fluffy pillows and warm comforter. She rolled on her side to strain her eyes, trying to see what her alarm clock read. 10’o’clock. Who the fu-

Her bedroom door was yanked open and Suho all but jumped inside.

“NOoo! Go away! It’s too early” She tried to hide herself beneath the sheets but it wasn’t working because Suho just ripped them off her.

“Lee Taemin is downstairs” He screeched out in panic

“Who?” Suzy was still not fully awake and would rather be sleeping than dealing with her brother at the moment but she was splashed awake when Suho repeated who was at the door, and was planning on waiting for her.

“Lee Taemin?!” What the hell is he doing?

“And when I answered the door I was still wearing my pajamas because this was the ONE day I had off- By the way!- and you know what a shock we both got? He was all like “Mr. Suho?” and I was like all slams door in face!”   

Suzy couldn’t help but crack a smile at his freaked out face because Suho was always the calm one so this was a rare moment.

“Why did you answer the door?” Her mom had an early shift this week and Yoona was up at the crack of dawn and gone by seven. If they had just wanted to, they could have ignored the doorbell and continue sleeping but nooooo Suho just ­had to open the door.

“Really? That’s what you say to all this? And wipe that smirk off your face young lady and make him go away~ I’m tired of children”

She sat up straight on her bed and raised an eyebrow, ignoring the fact that there was now knocking on the front door from Taemin downstairs.

“You do know that you’re a guidance counselor working with ‘children’ right?”

Suho tsked at her and pulled her off the bed and out her room, pointing down the stairs. “It’s my off day! I’ll deal with it tomorrow!” He then proceeded with dramatic effect to slam his bedroom door closed.

He should’ve stuck with acting. Suzy sighed at her current state but still listened to her brother. Taemin was still outside her house when she finally reached the bottom stairs and opened the door. He was wearing dark washed jeans and a light sweater with his backpack slung around behind him.

“Do you know that time it is?” She snappy tone wasn’t directly for him, she just didn’t like being woken up in such a manner.

“Was that Mr. Suho?” Taemin asked totally disregarding her question. He was still processing what he just saw and couldn’t wrap his head around it. Just what was Mr. Suho doing inside Suzy’s house?

“Yup and I’m going to slam the door on your face too if you don’t state the reason for your visit at this ungodly hour in the next ten seconds”

“It’s ten in the morning”

“Three”

“What happened to one and two?!”

“Four”

“Okay, okay. Seriously. I’m here to take you to school”

Suzy slammed the door in his face and was turning around to look at the mirror directly hanging on the wall in front of her. Her hair looked like a bird’s nest and she was wearing her Hello Kitty pajama shirt she’s had since she was twelve. She rubbed the side of her face to rid the morning out of it. What a joke

But it wasn’t because he was still banging on the door and Suho was bound to make his way over if he didn’t stop. She was forced to open the door again

“I’m serious. Get dress.” His pointed look made her scrunch up her nose in defiance.

“Voice doesn’t begin till noon idiot”

“Thought we stop for coffee before”

11:20

Suzy would have never thought of herself sitting down for coffee with Taemin in their old hangout spot at the café at school well before her voice class. She only came to school, if she showed up, just for that-school. No more socializing. No need to be on campus unless it was necessary and this was definitely not.

There was still at least forty five more minutes until class and she was tapping her foot on the floor, anxious for the little hand to move faster on the clock.

“So~” Taemin drawled out. The atmosphere was a little awkward. Suzy still wasn’t comfortable with the idea of having Taemin being around her but she knew that it was done. She had to at least try. Sulli and Taemin were connected, he’d keep her memory alive.

“You’ve been choreographing the dance recital?”

Taemin smiled slighty at her, knowing fully well how hard this will be “Yeah. It’s going really well. You should watch the whole thing, not just come at the end for your joint stage and take off afterwards”

Damn he knew her well. Suzy was going to try to be there as little as possible, run in five minutes before the end to sing and dash off from the back exit right when the lights dimmed.

She cleared “So a choreographer huh?” She had always thought he’d be some sort of professional dancer or debut as an idol, he had the lungs to be one and the beat to follow. Each one of them she could see them becoming something. An actor, dancer, performer, whatever- their future was still bright.

Taemin shrugged his shoulders in response “Still thinking of being a pianist?” It was a touchy subject he knew but it was also one that had to be brought. They kept their tabs on her this entire semester, they knew she was skipping on classes-everyone knew when she wasn’t there. Her presence was bold.

And because of that, slowly people began to notice the two of them siting across each other on the couch. It was at the middle of the campus’s café, walk through the door and it’s in plain view. Suzy was ticking off the minutes to when Taemin would bolt out the door, leaving her behind with her iced coffee. But he didn’t move. Not when she stopped talking, not when students moved closer and not when whispers were loud and clear.

At 11:45 Taemin threw his coffee in the nearest bin and picked up his bag off the floor and just like she knew he walked away. He walked past his fellow classmates and up to the door, pulling it opened. Suzy’s finger traced the rim on the top of the cup as she waited for the crowd to disperse. ‘Ex- Queen Bae was just ditched’ the headlines read. All their texts were probably the same.

A loud cough brought her out of her daydream and back to the front of the café.

“You know, I get that you take a while to collect your thoughts but my arms are getting tired.” Taemin was still standing there with his arm holding the door open. All she could do was blink.

“Come on Bae, class starts soon, just move.” And she did.

The texts were all different than what she would have imagined. Their reactions were confused. What was Lee Taemin doing being seen with ex friend/queen Bae Suzy? What was he doing holding the door opened for her? And what was he doing walking to class with her without nasty comments thrown from the other?

Just what was going on?

As they walked the same look everyone had on their face. Shock. Confused. And Suzy could just picture Sehun’s face, probably wearing the same look everyone else.

Taemin bumped her shoulder “So Mr. Suho?” he even raised both eyebrows trying to be sly about it.

Suzy punched him on the shoulder “He’s my brother”

He stopped walking and just stared at Suzy’s back and she moved further down the hall. With the lack of noise to the side of her Suzy turned around to see Taemin standing there with his eyebrows furrowed and disappointment mirroring off his face.

“I didn’t know you had a brother”

“Don’t know as much as you thought now do you?” She and left him jogging to catch up to her.

“Did he uh….he’s a guidance counselor” He scratched his head looking for the right words “I said some things to him…did he say anything to you?”

Suzy watched as he bit his lip “What? That I’m to blame for everything? That I’m a total and such?”

She lightly patted him on the shoulder when he couldn’t look at her “It’s not a mystery to know what you guys said. I’m not surprised so you shouldn’t be either. You said it to my face before”

When she opened the door to the classroom with Taemin right behind her, and even following her to sit down next to her as opposed to his usual seat in the back, it caused a stir.

“Taemin! Whatchu doing man?” To which he only waved off and settled down where he was, kicking up his feet to the seat in front of him which earned him a smack on the legs from his seat partner.

“Did he just smile at her?”

“What’s going on?”

“Do you see Kai’s face?”

And they were right to comment on it because if you mixed anger, bewilderment, and jealousy all in one, you’d be seeing Kim Jongin’s face. And it took Taemin all he had to just swivel in his chair and raise a hand “Yo~”

Jaebum had to hold him back from jumping and Krystal was digging her nails in her hand, she had thought the one she had to worry about was Sehun not Taemin. She wasn’t even sure who she had on her side anymore or if there was going to be any sides. She flipped him the bird as she smiled sweetly at him to which Taemin’s chuckled at.

Jieun on the other hand had a smile on her face, it was amusing for her to see all these different reactions for on the side of her Sehun looked like he would cry any second, his blank face did nothing to conceal that. She tried not to let it show that she was enjoying all the chaos but it was hard, especially with Hyeri and Jiyoung mimicking owl eyes. She didn’t like Suzy but she can still applaud a good show, even if it was a slap on the face to herself. Points to Suzy.

The entire class barely concentrated finding that staring at the pair in the middle more appropriate than hitting the correct notes. Teacher Yoon had given up for the day once she had seen them sit together. She figured she should be happy for Suzy being friends with Taemin again but she wasn’t happy that they were a distraction.

“Okay enough for today, you’re dismissed but Hyeri and Jieun stay behind.”

Suzy bolted up from her chair and tried making a dash to the door but Taemin held onto the strap of her bag. “No need to run.” She threw off his hands and continued walking leaving Taemin with his friends.

“See you guys later” and he knew he was a dead man by looking in their eyes and understood very well how scary it was to be alone but he needed to do this. He could take the cold shoulder from them, he knew what they were feeling anyways, he had felt the same at one point. I’m sorry. She’ll tell you soon.    

1:00

I should probably grab a snack.

Her footprints weren’t marking the brown grass like she had liked, snow was bound to fall soon but not yet. November was still too early for that.

The cafeteria was rowdy. Students were running in and out, talking to each other, playing music and others, for God knows how, were studying and doing homework.

We have a library Suzy rolled her eyes at her fellow peers because they were on such different scales in life. She would like to be laughing obnoxiously with her friends but that was long gone. She had no friends and her old ones didn’t even notice her yet, they were too busy grabbing their own food.

“Miss Suzy Bae just can’t keep to herself”

She knew that voice and she was so close to the line for food. Sighing had turn into her sound, it had always escaped her lips and was always meant. Annoyed, exhausted, done- it meant it all.  

“Thought we were finished Naeun” The girl was a nuisance. Always showing up when Suzy wanted to eat, or go to class for once.

Naeun had just walked into the cafeteria and it was fate for her to run into Suzy, quite the commotion the girl made this morning and the leading man was her ex. Naeun was just itching to talk.

“Not the first time you were in the wrong, and now you want to drag my boyfriend along?”

The cafeteria was still loud but it was becoming the noise of little flies buzzing around ears, their whispers were never so, they were loud and obnoxious like the people. Krystal had set her food down on the table with a clear view of them, Jaebum had taken the seat beside her with Jiyoung on her other side. She hadn’t moved her eyes away from them as she drank her coke, slightly interested.   

“Taemin is single and his relation with me is none of your concern so I suggest you go sit over there with the rest of your friends before you do something you regret.”

“You are in no position to threaten me”

“I wasn’t threatening you sweetie, I was warning you. And you have already tarnished your name with that stunt you pulled Myungsoo and Sunggyu to do, you’re lucky I’m not pressing charges. In fact you should be thankful to be to not be in jail.”

“You should be just as thankful you’re not”

She hadn’t meant to slap her, it just happened. She was bound to slap someone soon with her limit being pushed. She has held back for a long time with so many hateful comments being thrown at her. There were too many rumors, too many lies and she just wanted to shut one up and it happened to be Naeun.

Her head had twisted to the left with her hair falling across the bright red mark.

The gasps were ear splitting and Suzy could see Krystal shooting up from her seat. Jaebum was looking just as surprised at Suzy’s outburst as Suzy herself and Jiyoung could only gape at the situation. As long as they’ve known her Suzy never slapped another person, the Sulli experience pushed aside, Bae Suzy never got her hands dirty.

But Suzy was Suzy as she wasn’t going to say sorry, it wasn’t even at the tip of her tongue. She wasn’t sorry, Naeun deserved it.

Naeun flicked her head back, showing off her slapped face like she was proud of it “Wow, was this how you treated Sulli? Yikes”

Jiyoung had a look of horror on her face as she gripped the edge of the table to keep calm, she knew things were going to get ugly. The only people to comment of their relationship would be the group themselves, outside parties were not permitted to talk about it. Sulli wasn’t Naeun’s friends, she didn’t know anyone until this year and for her to say something like that, even to Suzy who they all had mixed feelings about, wasn’t okay. Krystal was moving from the table when Jaebum shot through them.

“Hey now, let’s calm down. Naeun rinse your mouth and Suzy that slap was uncalled for.”

Was he joking? Did Jaebum really think the slap was uncalled for? She had called her a criminal and talked about Sulli.

“Should I slap her again then? Jaebum piss off and let me deal with this!”

“So what, to get in a fight and get kicked out? Like that’s a smart decision.”

“Who are you to judge my decisions or think you have a say in them?”

And in that moment Taemin had walked in with Hyeri trying to dodge the never ending questions from her. He looked around the circle that was formed at pointed out five familiar faces: Krystal, Jiyoung, Jaebum, Suzy and Naeun. Jongin and Sehun opted to skip out on lunch and instead practice their dance.

“What’s going on? Naeun what’s wrong with your face?” The red mark was swollen on her cheek and it look like it had stung a lot.

“Oppa! Suzy slapped me!” His eyes widen at her response and turned to look at Suzy who could only roll her eyes. He had made the decision to stay by her side and knew what that would entail. Naeun was a liar and Suzy had been hurt so much already. He had promised her.

“And Jaebum Oppa stepped in to help me because she was going to hurt me again!” That wasn’t entirely true.

“Suzy ah, come here” He opened up his arms and she ripped away from Jaebum to stand in front of him, staring him straight in the eyes as if daring him to yell at her too. “Go with Hyeri to the bathroom, she’ll help you cleanup” and she was gone. She had nothing to clean but it was an excuse to leave and she took it.

Taemin turned to stare at Jaebum and Naeun “Naeun, If you got slapped you probably deserved it. Don’t come running to me when you get in trouble, it’s getting annoying” To say she was stunned would be an understatement, she didn’t see that coming, she was sure he would side with her just like he did the other week. 

He turned away from her to grab Jaebum by the shoulders and lead him out of the building.

And as Jaebum was lead out by Taemin, Naeun was still looking arrogant. The words were jabbing at her but she wouldn’t let the people see that, she still had her pride, well what’s left of it.

When she turn to walk out the cafeteria too she felt wet all of a sudden. She raised her hand to see soda running down her arms. Her shirt was stained and her hair sticky, her tears were mixing in with the drink. Krystal moved in front of her and grabbed her hand.

“Know your place” The empty coke can was placed on the palm of Naeun’s hand as Krystal pushed open the door outside.

1:15

Taemin gripped Jaebum by the shoulders and punched him square in the jaw. He wanted to have hit him last night when he understood the reason why Jaebum was always softly defending Suzy at times, but it truly wasn’t enough to just talk and not act.

“You ing knew everything and you said nothing!”

Jaebum opened and closed his jaw to make sure it wasn’t dislocated before picking himself up.

“It wasn’t in my right to say” The minute he saw Taemin with her he knew this was going to happen. He knew Taemin was going to blow up knowing everything he knew and he was ready for it. Taemin was upset at him and he accepted it.

“And you didn’t offer to be by her side?! After all the we put her through you didn’t think she ought to know we still cared for her? She was our friend you sick bastard!”

“Our friend? Were we really friends to begin with? How could we have been like that if we were?”

“We’re a ed up group. That’s obvious to anyone with eyes!”

“At least I’m not pretending to be her friend”

“ you. I’m trying but what are you doing? You say you want to help her but you aren’t there for her! What was that right now?! You called Suzy out but not Naeun?”

“I was looking out for her”

“You’re such a coward. You’re afraid of making enemies Jaebum. You want to be on everyone’s good side no matter what that means!”

And maybe that was Jaebum’s problem. He liked having friends, he liked being liked and even if he wanted to help out one friend, he didn’t want to lose the others. He knew they’d understand his decision once they found out the story from Suzy but how was he to convince his friends that they were all wrong when he had none. That was him trying to rationalize his actions because Taemin had made the first move. Taemin hadn’t talked about defending Suzy or that they should treat her differently, he had actually done it and Jaebum was envious of his courage. He didn’t want to come to terms that he was indeed a coward.

“So?”

“You’re going to have to wake up soon. You can’t make everyone happy.”

 

 

 

 

(A/N: *Throws Naeun down a well* AND STAY THERE! Gosh this child is something. Good thing Krystal put her in her place- was not expecting that >.> Haha Krystal dumped her soda on her. And Jaebum! You got punched by Taemin! well you deserved it kinda. Taemin acted first but you've known the longest what a ____. And Jongin- she rejected you and now Taemin is sitting next to her O.O oops. And sehun ah! Don't cry baby! More of Jongin and Sehun's reaction will be next chapter. This was more of a filler. )