The Meeting

A Dangerous Love

Tao fell asleep after he ate the lasagna, obviously still weak from the blood loss. Halfway through the night he started to shiver so I closed the windows and turned the heating up. I wonder if the other slayers will notice Tao’s gone, probably yes but there’s no way for me to tell.

After a few more hours, I see Tao join me in the kitchen.

“Are you sure you’re strong enough?” I ask him.

“Of course.” He reassures me, “Is there anymore lasagna?” He asks.

“Yeah.” I hold up the tub. He brightens up like a little kid. I put it in the microwave for a few minutes, then I take it out and hand it to him.

“Aren’t you going to have anything?” He asks.

“No, it’s all yours.” I smile at him. He hesitates for a second but then starts to eat it. Once he’s finished it, he cleans the tub, dries it, and then puts it in a shelf.

“Thank you.” He says.

“No problem.” I say. Then I hear the crash. I stiffen up and I feel my eyes grow hot.

“Run.” Tao says. I start towards the window but something catches hold of my ankle pulling me back, “Sehun, let her go!” He shouts.

“She’s a vampire Tao! What else do you expect me to do?” Sehun yells back. I hiss at him but I can't get away and I don’t want to bite him.

“I can't believe she’s a vampire.” Luhan says. Sehun draws a long knife and presses it against my chest over my heart.

“Can't you at least take her to Suho to decide?” Tao pleads.

“Do it.” Luhan tells Sehun who rolls his eyes. He binds my hands and picks me up from the floor. They push me out the door roughly and into a car, I don’t recognize the driver, he has . I sit between Sehun and Luhan nervously thinking one of them will stab me at any moment, “When did you turn?” Luhan asks me breaking the silence.

“Last year.” I say.

“You learned self control that fast?” Luhan’s eyes widen.

“Not to mention that her eyes are also blue in vamp mode.” Sehun says.

“Blue?” The driver says.

“Yeah blue, this is Kris by the way.” Tao says.

“Did she bite you though, Tao?” Sehun asks his eyes falling on Tao’s wrist.

“Yeah, but I forced her to, I was cut earlier, remember that fight with Dae-Jung?” He asks Luhan who nods, “Well the cut was quite big and the smell got to Tiffany so she ran away to her house. I went to her house after giving her a few days, and then I found that she had drunk all the blood she had received from the hospital and she was weakening quickly. I got into her house and then I made her drink my blood, I was out for a few hours but now I’m better.” He explains, “And she makes the best lasagna.” He adds grinning at me.

“Better than Kyungsoo?” Kris asks.

“I think so, yeah.” Tao nods. Kris whistles impressed. We get there and then they take me into their place. It’s a huge mansion, the ceilings are high and there are thirteen bedrooms separated on two floors, as Tao explained. One room is for guests (if they ever have any) the others are for the twelve Slayers who stay here. Sehun grabs my arm and leads me to a room which I guess is the dining room because it has one long table and a door on the far side leading to the kitchen. There are already some people sitting there and at the head of the table is a guy with very light blonde hair and I recognize him immediately; it’s the Slayer who saved me a year ago. He looks up and sees me and his eyes widen.

“You.” He says, “What is she doing here?” He asks the three guys with me.

“Tao had been missing for a while so we decided to go look for him and we found him in her house.” Sehun points at me.

“She’s been a friend of both mine and Tao, we’ve known her for a few weeks and she’s never done anything to hurt us though. I never knew until today that she was a vampire though.” He adds.

“I did, I was hunting one night when I saw a vampire drinking the blood of a man, I called out to it and it turned around and it was Tiffany, but she had blue eyes instead of red and she didn’t try to attack me. The next day, she told me about how she turned. Then a few weeks later I got into a fight and I cut my arm badly, Tiffany smelled the blood but then she ran away. I gave her a few days but then I went to her house, which was yesterday. She had drunken all the blood I had given her but she was still weakening, she pounced on me when I got into the house and had almost bitten me but then she snapped out of it and jumped off. I made her drink my blood but then I fainted and she put me on her bed and she didn’t try anything else.” Tao explains.

“Apart from that one night, how did you get your blood?” Suho asks me.

“I always got one bag a day from the hospital but one day, I didn’t get the bag and I got extremely thirsty so I went hunting.” I say avoiding his eyes.

“What do we do with her?” A Slayer asks from the table his eyes trained on me.

“We spare her but she stays with us.” Suho replies.

“Then we should introduce ourselves.” The Slayer stands up and walks over to me, “I think you can let her go, Sehun.” He says, Sehun lets me go and the guy extends his hand, “My name is Baekhyun, nice to meet you, Tiffany was it?” He flashes me a smile.

“Yes, it was. Nice to meet you Baekhyun.” I shake his hand.

“Let’s meet the other guys.” Tao says. Suho whistles once.

“We have a guest! Don’t try to kill her.” He shouts.

“Why? Is she one of our ex-girlfriends?” A familiar voice calls down and it sends chills down my back, my scars on my waist and leg start to throb. The other two Slayers at the table stand up while the other four slayers come down, one of them stops as soon as he gets to the bottom of the stairs. I take a step back, it’s the guy who got me while I was running on the rooftops a few months ago.

“Who’s this?” He asks.

“Chanyeol, this is Tiffany.” Suho says.

“Wait, is this the blue-eyed vampire you told us about?” Baekhyun asks.

“Yes, and you guys never believed me!” Chanyeol says.

“The one who knocked you out?” Sehun asks and I can see he’s fighting a smile.

“Exactly, oh, sorry about slashing you with my sword.” He looks down guiltily.

“That’s the Slayer who got you in the leg and waist?” Tao asks me. I nod.

“But it’s fine, I got you back anyway.” I give him a small smile and he smiles back. Suho explains my story to them all.

“That one vampire, what was his name?” One of them asks me.

“Kang-Dae.” I reply.

“He was hard to kill but he was a coward.” He sniggers, “I’m Chen.” He says. I learn the names of the other two: Kyungsoo/D.O and Kai.

“It’s nice to meet you all.” I smile at them.

“Baekhyun, can you lead Tiffany to her room, Sehun, can you get her stuff from her house, and Tao, you order her more blood.” Suho says, “And I would like to speak to later Tiffany if it’s alright with you.” He smiles at me.

“It is.” I return his smile, happy that they all accept me.