Thirst

A Dangerous Love

Tao’s POV

Tiffany disappears from my sight with her fangs out and blue eyes glowing, I check my body for cuts and find a large one on my arm underneath my sleeve, how did I not notice that? I must have gotten it when Dae-Jung tackled me into the tree. I run my hand through my hair angry with myself for not being more careful in that fight, I try calling her but there’s no answer. I decide to leave it until tomorrow, giving her until tomorrow.

*Next day

She’s not there today but there’s talk about the fight from yesterday. The day goes by awfully long especially not with her sitting next to me, I sit at the lunch table with Lay, Luhan, and Xiumin.

“Where’s Tiffany?” Lay asks.

“She’s sick.” I say.

“Oh.” Luhan says looking sad, “She’s always good company.” He adds.

“Yes she is.” I reply nodding. The next day she’s still not here, while I’m in the hallway I see Dae-Jung smirking at me making me want to punch him again but I don’t and walk straight ahead. When school ends I look up Tiffany’s address and run over there. I knock on her door: no answer.

“Tiffany please, open the door, I know you’re there.” I say knocking again, I press my ear against the door and I can hear her groaning in pain. I pound on the door causing it to shake, I hit it again and again until the door comes loose and flies open. I step into the house and I smell dried blood. I look around and can see that the box of blood I sent her is empty and bags are strewn everywhere.

“Go away.” She moans huddled in a corner.

“You can't make me.” I say. She tries to leave but I catch her wrist. Suddenly her eyes start to glow and she pounces on me, an animal. She pins me down with an immense strength and I can't even struggle. She moves her head closer to my neck, so close that I can feel her ragged breath. Then the weight is removed and her animalistic expression is replaced with shame. She jumps off and puts her head in her hands, “No, don’t, just drink my blood.” I say.

Tiffany’s POV

“No, don’t, just drink my blood.” Tao says.

“I can't, I won't.” I frantically shake my head, “What if you turn?” I lift my head.

“I won't.” He says, “Vampire venom doesn’t have an effect on me.” He says.

“How can you be sure?” I ask.

“I’ve been bitten plenty of times.” He shows me his neck, which has a few scars that look vaguely like bite marks.

“I still won't drink your blood.” I shake my head again but get a headache as soon as I do that, I clutch my head and accidently let out a groan.

“You’re growing weaker and thirstier by the minute. Just drink!” He extends his wrist, “If you don’t then I’ll just make myself irresistible.” He takes out a pocketknife.

“Please don’t, I can't.” I try plugging my nose but it doesn’t work, he’s right, I am growing weaker.

“And you’re not going to kill me, I know. I trust you.” He says. I look at him, he takes a step closer still having his wrist up and bare.

“I will do this if I have to.” He brings the knife closer to his arm. Instinct takes over and I grab his wrist and bring it to my mouth. He grabs my free hand and gives it a squeeze. My fangs extend and I bite into his wrist. He cries out and clutches my hand tightly but doesn’t move his wrist, I trust you, his words echoing in my mind as I greedily drink his blood; he tastes so good, I shudder. Slowly his grip slackens and his eyelids droop. My eyes widen as his heart rate slows down and I rip my mouth away from his wrist.

“Tao?!” I scream. I get a cloth from my kitchen and wrap it tightly around his arm. I start to pick him up to go to hospital.

“N-no please, let me stay here.” He whispers before passing out. I set him on my bed and open some of the windows to let the smell out. I rest my head in my hands again and pray that he’ll wake…well, as much as a dead person can pray.