No Package

A Dangerous Love

The day goes by quickly and in every class; I’m with Tao. And yes, almost all the girls just about hate me because I’m with “the school’s hottie”.

“I’ll see you tomorrow.” I wave to Tao slinging my bag over my shoulder.

“See you tomorrow.” He waves back smiling. Once I’m out of the building I quickly run to my house and look in the mailbox, and take out the package from the hospital and walk to my house.

The next few days were a mixture of good stuff and downright torture. The torture was all the hate the girls were giving me for being with “the hottie” but the good news is that Tao’s friend were defending me and hanging out with me especially Tao. I go into school again and try to ignore all the stares while I go to my locker.

“So Tiffany, any thoughts on having lunch with me today?” Dae-Jung asks me for what must be the fifth time this week.

“Sorry, but no thanks.” I give him an apologetic look. He walks away only to be replaced by Tao.

“Want to go together to our first class?” He asks.

“Sure.” I nod and walk with him.

“How are you adjusting to this school?” He asks.

“Alright, it would help if almost all of the girls didn’t despise me.” I laugh slightly.

“They don’t despise you, they just…dislike you with a passion.” He says and I laugh again.

“A very big passion.” I sit down at my desk.

“Remember you’ve got the guys and I.” He grins.

“Yeah.” I smile back at him. I feel a something hit the back of my head, I fetch it and it’s a paper ball, I look back and see that it’s on the of the girls from lunch who always whispers insults at me and she’s snickering at me. I feel someone take the ball away and I look back and see Tao unfolding the paper and he sighs sadly. “What is it?” I reach for the paper but he draws it back and chucks it in her direction again and it hits her in the face.

“Nothing.” He reassures me with a smile.

“Okay.” I shrug and start working. The day goes by quickly and then I’m back in my house. I look in my mailbox but I don’t see my package. I take out my phone and call the hospital, “Hello, this is Tiffany Hwang and I was calling because the package I ordered didn’t arrive today.” I say.

“I am very sorry Ms. Hwang but there are patients here who are in desperate need of it so you can only get your packages a day after tomorrow. Have a nice day!” The person on the other line hangs up. I moan and I can already feel the burn in my throat, maybe I can last until then, let’s see. It turns out I cannot last until night so I need to hunt. I run down my street and into the main city, I search everywhere until I find them: criminals. This time a man attacking a women, I launch myself to the man knocking the woman unconscious. I sink my teeth into the man’s neck and drink thirstily when I someone lands behind me and I freeze.

“Stop, monster and I’ll make your death quick.” A voice hisses.

“You’re a Slayer correct?” I release the man and he drops to the floor.

“You sound familiar, turn around.” The Slayer orders and I do.

“You?” We both splutter.