Even

A Dangerous Love

I pace around my house hoping Tao will wake up soon, I sit down next to him and try to bring myself to check his wrist. It’s slowly closing but it’s bright red, the smell reaches my nose and I feel lightheaded so I drop his arm and start spraying my house again with air fresheners when I hear Tao start to cough. I rush to my room and kneel down next to him.

“Good morning.” He says groggily.

“Good morning.” I reply, “Thank god, you’re alive.” I say, tears of relief running down my face. He wipes them off.

“I didn’t doubt it.” He says sitting up.

“But I did, I took too much.” I shake my head.

“It was enough, you look so much healthier now.” He says.

“Yeah but I took that health from you.” I say looking at his pale face.

“You didn’t take it, I gave it.” He says.

“I could’ve killed you!” I say.

“But you didn’t.” He says. 

“I still shouldn’t have said yes to the offer.” I say.

“I would’ve made you drink either way.” He says.

“Why?” I ask.

“You needed it.” He says, “Why didn’t you get more blood?” He asks.

“I couldn’t kill another person. I thought I could wait it out until I could order more but then you came and kind of ruined that.” I say.

“Do I taste okay?” He asks.

“Better than okay.” I admit.

“It will last longer too, Slayer blood is very potent,” He says.

“Why, is it because you’re also immortal?” I ask.

“I guess so, and it makes vampires want our blood even more than humans.” He says, “I should’ve been more careful after the fight, it must have been torture, I’m so sorry.” He bows his head.

“It wasn’t your fault.” I reassure him. I look at his neck and still see the bite-marks, “Will these heal?” I ask.

“Yeah don’t worry.” He takes my hand away and holds it in both of his, “I need to get you more blood though.” He says.

“Do you think you can get another big delivery like that?” I ask.

“Of course.” He smiles, then his stomach growl.

“Before that though, I’m going to get you some food.” I say. I cook some lasagna, put it on two plates, then bring them up and give him one.

“Thank you.” He grins.

“I owe you.” I smile back. He takes a bite and his face lights up even more.

“I think with this, we’re even.” He says, how can we ever be even? I think to myself. 

 

This was a super short chapter because I couldn't bear not giving you anything with that cliffhanger from before. I won't be updating too much because of exams(not like I was really updating a lot anyway :/)