B-Positive

A Dangerous Love

“So are Xiumin, Lay, and Luhan all Slayers?” I ask.

“Yeah, actually we’re part of a group of Slayers called EXO. There are twelve of us.” He says.

“And the rest of EXO are just as attractive as you?” I ask.

“Guess so.” He shrugs.

“So are you going to tell them?” I ask hesitantly.

“No, why would I?” He asks.

“Well you don’t want them to find out on their own and be furious, do you?” I ask.

“Maybe not, but I think they’d be angry either way.” He says.

“Yeah but I still think it’d be better if–” I start.

“Hey, we don’t need to tell them just yet, let’s wait a bit, we don’t know how they’ll react so it’s best for you if we just keep it quiet.” He pleads.

“Fine, but just keep in mind that we will tell them one day.” I say.

“Okay.” He says, “So…what’s your favourite blood type?” He asks.

“Anything really.” I shrug.

“I think I’ll order you B positive?” He asks.

“Sure. Thank you.” I smile at him.

“It’s good you’re so open-minded.” He chuckles.

“So I’m guessing that other vamps don’t have green, blue, orange, or yellow eyes?” I ask.

“Nah, you’re the only one I know of.” He replies.

“Do you have any idea how my “vamp mode” gets ?” I ask.

“First I think you have to get into the hunting mood, or maybe if you smell blood and you’re really thirsty. We don’t really study vampires.” He says.

“Nor do we study Slayers, so what can you do exactly? Do you have super strength and speed, enhanced senses?” I ask.

“We do have the first two so I’d love to arm-wrestle you sometime,” He grins, “But the senses thing we don’t have.” He says, “Do vampires age?” He asks.

“Until we turn eighteen.” I say.

“Same.” He says.

“So that means we’re basically stuck with each-other.” I wink.

“Yeah.”  He says.

“Oh yeah, since you know more than me, can vampires be hurt by normal sharp stuff?” I ask.

“No, but you can be hurt by this magic metal.” He says.

“And I’m guessing you all have that?” I ask.

“Yeah.” He looks away, “H-have you ever been hurt by one of us?” He asks hesitantly.

“Twice.” I point at my waist and my leg.

“Same person?” He asks and I nod, “Do you know why they got you?” He asks.

“I think because I was really late to something and I was running on the rooftops and I guess one saw me and caught me but I knocked him out.” I say, “I was wearing sunglasses and a hood so I don’t think he knew who I was.” I add.

“That’s good.” He says.

“Yeah it is, but we better go.” I stand up and hold out my hand to him he takes it and pulls himself up, “Oh yeah, can't wait to have that arm-wrestle with you.” I grin and walk down to my class with Tao following behind me. The lesson goes by quickly and once the bell rings I say goodbye to Tao.

“I’ve already ordered your things, it’s waiting at your place.” He says.

“Thank you.” I smile at him.

“Don’t mention it.” He smiles back and then goes back to his friends. I walk down my street and see that on my doorstep there’s a large box. I open it to find lots of bags, well this’ll last me a long time. I pick the box up and put it in my safe after taking a bag out. My phone rings and I pick it up.

“Hello?” I ask.

“Hey, it’s me.” Tao says.

“Oh hey, you were very generous with the package, thank you.” I say.

“No problem, that’ll last you for a bit right?” He asks.

“Yeah, quite long.” I say

“How much do you drink a day?” He asks.

“A bag a day.” I say.

“That’s too little, no wonder you got thirsty so quickly. At the very least drink two bags maybe even three bags, you need to be able to last more than a few hours without blood.” He says.

“Alright fine, I’ll drink two bags a day!” I say.

“That’s better, you’ll probably feel a lot better.” He says and I can tell he’s relieved.

“How do you know that?” I ask.

“After last night, you were looking a lot healthier than before because you actually had drunk more blood than before so just drink a lot and you’ll look healthier and not so run down.” He explains.

“Okay, that covers things up. I’ll talk to you later.” I say.

“Bye.” He says and I hang up. I go back to the box and get another bag, I squeeze both of them into a cup and drink it.