Just another day...

Don't Forget Your Mask

Chapter 2:

Ugh… I glance tiredly at the sound annoying beeping of my alarm clock, before slapping the off button with the palm of my hand. Retreating once again into the warmth of my covers. But it seemed that as soon as I did so the sound of claws clinking against the hardwood floor filled the room. In mere seconds I felt the cresture weighing lightly on my back. A deep grumble left my throat, as it's wet tongue across my cheek.
“Hyun, I swear, if you don’t get off me, I'll cook you.” He let out a pitchy whine above me.
Don't look Jonghyun, don’t look... I continuously tried to tell myself. I turned my head toward the direction of my dog, Hyun, giving me his large puppy eyes. How am I suppose to resist his ugly charms?
“Goodness Hyun, I swear you’ll be the death of me someday.” I muttered pushing the little dog onto the bed side. The little ball of fluffy dark brown furr, jumped to the floor, his nose and awaiting my next move. Stretching in a poor attempt to wake myself up, I slowly began getting ready for the day.
After finishing my shower and once again into my room, I just so happed to catch my phone ringing; Quickly scrambling to get it
“Hello?” I answered
“Hey Hyung!"
“…what do you want Minho?” I put my phone on speaker, and began getting myself dressed, Hyun still jumping happily at my feet.
“Me and Minnie are fighting again and I think I'm really stuck this time.” I pull a black wife beater over my head, and slip on a pair of long dark blue shorts. I letting out a huge sigh. Minho and Taemin were the perfect couple, but lately, they’ve been bickering quite a bit, and I have to admit I’m getting a little suspicious…
“So, you’re asking me for help?! Are you that desperate?” I bring the phone with me into the bathroom, where I style my hair, and slip on my favorite pair of black stud earrings. Yes I wear earrings, sue me.
“Well, I was just wondering if you wanted to hang out today. I mean, I need to take my mind off things and yeah…” Though I might not be the nicest of friends, we’re friends for a reason.
“I have to go out for my jog, meet you at the café in about ten?”
There was an enthusiastic ‘sure’ before the line went dead. I let out a deep sigh once again, finally giving in to the whimpers at my feet, and feeding my poor puppy. I let a smile work its way onto my face as I pat my furry companion on the head.
“You’re getting chubby, Hyun! You need to stop giving me those puppy eyes, they’ll become the death of me and you.” Hyun continues to ignore me in favor of his food, earning a light chuckle from me. Well I guess I shouldn't leave Minho waiting long, right? I grabbed my wallet my phone, along with anything else I usually brought along with me on my runs, and head out of my apartment. I briskly jog, ignoring the stares from multiple girls, and a few guys, making my way through the park at my usual pace. Trying to focus on something other than the excersise it's seld, I breathe in the fresh air through my mouth, and breathe out through my nose, letting the cheerful laughter of kids and the chatter of others consume me until I finally reach the end of the park; Refusing to slow my pace down the street until I reach a familiar café.
“Jong!” Minho was sitting in our usual seat near the very back. He stood up, towering over me as I approached him. Damn my shortness! I growl at him, the two of us.finally taking a seat.

Just out of plain human nature, I began to observe him. His brown hair is up in a loose ponytail, his eyes were bright, but not even that could hide thr purple-ish pink tint around them. Probably from his lack of sleep and, or leftover tears. I give him a look, and he sighs finally giving up the act, and.calling over a waitress, ordering our usual, and turning his attention back to me.
“It's just this job…it’s dangerous, Hyung, too dangerous. The last thing I want is to see Taemin getting hurt.” This definitely causes my eyebrow to raise. Dangerous for Taemin? Not words he'd usually use in the same sentence.
"He didn't find out did he?" I gave Minho a worried look. "You know the concequences of being found out! It could mean his death! I know he wants.to know but Min, they'd get rid of him."

Minho shook his head. "No i didn't tell him! It's just he's becoming suspious of me, and where exactly i'm getting all my income."

I sighed and pat his shoulder, "Geez, you had me worried! Just lie, find some company to say you work at and get this over with. I swear, if you weren’t such a freaking giant, I would suspect you to be a little ant! I mean, take mind off of it with a little something, ya'know?" I winked at him, making him blush at the thought of doing anything remotely related to with Tae. Seeing your giant of a best friend blushing too hard is surely a sight to see, but an enjoyable one none-the-less.

“Hate you Jonghyun.” Minho covered his face a bit embarassed.
“Hate you too Mins.”
“…just shut
up."