Frogs and Jjong

Don't Forget Your Mask

Chapter 4:
Minho had already left. My father wanted him to work on another case, I guess.... So I stayed to finish up my morning cup of coffee, occupying my time with a video game on my phone.
The door chimed indicating someone new had just entered the store, which didn't bother me much until I heard who it was.
"Ahhh Taemin, you don't work today do you?" Asked one of the clerks from behind the counter
I turned to see Taemin.
"I'm just getting my check." He giggled
"Oh, Taemin!" I flailed my arms in the air trying to get his attention "Come sit!"
" Jjong hyung... hi" He gave a slight smile, almost as if he really didn't want to see me.
He came and sat down anyway.
"I heard you and Minho fought again yesterday."
The brunette sat quietly for a minute, fidgeting his thumbs.
"Do you know the company, KJ Corp?"
I gulped. Of course I knew the company, it was my fathers! Minho and I both worked there. But what I was curious to know, is why Taemin knew about it. Damn frog was supposed to keep his mouth shut... Or his boyfriend could end up as one of my cases.
"I've heard of it, yes. Why?"
He bit his lip.
" A friend of mine told me she sees Minho coming out of that building almost daily...And the rumors of that company. Jonghyun, you don't think he works there right?"
I shrugged.
Minho most definitely worked at KJ, named after none other than me, Kim Jonghyun... It was easy to know why they were fighting now. Minho must have gotten too careless and Taemin's wanting to know a few things.
"Why were you two fighting then?" I asked
Taemin crossed his arms, a pouty expression on his face.
"I've been wanting to know where's he's been getting all his money. Not to mention, he won't even tell me where he works. There's two things he could be doing...working at that place or cheating... And I don't know which is worse."
I smiled. Poor kid. He knew absolutely nothing, but he was close, and that's not good at all. The last thing Minho wants is to see is Taemin getting hurt.
"Look Tae, I'm sure he's not doing anything you'd despise him doing. Just trust in him, and stop sleeping at your friend’s house! Damn Frog stays up all night talking to me! I'm too pretty to not sleep!"
The younger laughed,
"This was nice. But hyung, I've got to get going. Key's waiting for me. "
He stood up, bowed, then walked to the counter picking up his check and exiting the store.
Key?
That must be his friend...


I gaze at Taemin suspiciously. What could have possibly happened?!

Taemin would usually whine and act sad for an entire two days after fighting with Minho, and that's if it's a good fight.  But here he is, barely a few hours later, at my door. Happy!

“Alright Minnie, spill it.” Taemin gave me a nervous chuckle trying to steer off of the subject with distracting movements. I place my hands on my hips patiently awaiting his answer, and after a few minutes, he finally spoke up.

“I went to the café today to get my check, and I saw an old friend of mine, he-“

Wait. He? Friend?

LEE TAEMIN! I SWEAR IF YOU ARE CHEATING ON YOUR BOYFRIEND I WILL FIND THE STUPID BASTARD AND RIP OFF HIS-

“WOAH WOAH UMMA! It's okay he helped me forgive Minho!” I couldn't help but feel a little surprised at Taemin’s sudden outburst.

He blushes.

“Jjong hyung said I should trust Minho hyung more, he also complained about having to listen to, I quote ‘ That damn frog keeping him up all night talking to him!’ So…I decided to forgive hyung by tomorrow! Though I should start calling him Frog Hyung as punishment…” I felt my eyebrow twitch, and I grab Taemin by the shoulder, wrap my arm around his neck, and push my fingers into his sides.

“How dare you yell at me?! Say you’re sorry to umma!” Both of us know that I’m joking, and Taemin laughs as I begin to tickle him, causing him to fall onto the floor. I let out a relieved huff, thank god Minnie is okay…time to call that idiot…

I grab my phone from the Kitchen counter, dialing the familiar digits of Choi Minho. Trust me, I did a full background check on this guy. Of course I'd memorize his number, address, and any other information of importance to Taemin's wellbeing!

“Hello?”

“Minho, you forgive Taemin now!” A loud groan echoes from the other end. Uh-Uh, there will be none of that!

“b-but Key Hyung!”

“Now you listen here, I don’t want any of your back talk! You guys are gonna talk it out tomorrow, or I swear I will shove a-“

“Okay! Okay!” I smirk at the panicked response I created.

No one messes with The Umma! I clicked the end button figuring I'd scared the frong enough. Minnie looking mildly scared in the corner of the living room…

“T-thanks Umma!” He seems to recover quicker as of late. Seems I've taught him well. I walk towards the bottom of the stairs, before I remember something.

“Minnie!” He turns to me, his eyes wide.

“Yeah?!” I smile at him gently, don’t want to scare him TOO much.

“Let me meet this ‘Jjong Hyung’ some time ok?” I ignore his confused stare and head up to my room.

Maybe NOW, I can finally get this new mission started!