The Intro Of A Day In The Life Of....Me

Don't Forget Your Mask

To me....money is money. Dirty or clean, it puts food on the table. Not a worry ya' know? Am I a bad person? No, I wouldn't exactly consider myself a "bad" person. I just do what needs to be done, and here I am.. In front of the building I call my job. A so called Social Networking company where people just happen to walk in with the intentions of getting rid of someone. That someone that may or may not be a threat to them. We're a strictly thug, gang based organization..but sometimes we have people who've just got a problem or two.

Even though it's a horrible place I despise, it's also the place that brought me out of the dumpster. With the help of Lee Jinki that is... Without him I probably would have never even come to this place. Not that this place is exactly the best place to be, but something is better than nothing, and I appreciate him for it.

Yes, I realize that I should probably get inside before they count me as late. As soon as I stepped into the office, there he was, right there waiting for me.

"Kibum, hey!" He greeted.

Everyone and their cousin, knows how Lee Jinki feels about me.

"Jinki, did you wait here all morning?"

The older shrugged, "I was just walking passed the door, when you came in."

I knew he was lying, but I couldn’t bring myself to embarrass him. Once in my office, in which Jinki followed me into, I sat behind my thick wooden desk and stared at him, laying casually on my couch.

There was yet another file waiting to be opened, "What's this?-" I asked, picking up the file."What happened to laying low?"

Jinki turned his head toward my direction, "Boss said.."

I sighed, tossing it back to the surface it came from. “Boss said, huh? Well the boss says a lot of things. Things such as, ‘Kibum take a break after this case.’ or ‘Kibum, you deserve some time to off.’” I laughed, “but it seems bosses just like the sound of their own voice, huh?”

There's probably something he knows I'm best at, that this file requires a lot of. Good thing this job a flexible one. You can come in get your file and technically not come back until it's done. Right now, that's exactly what I need. Who could concentrate with Jinki being here?

"I think I'm going to go home." I was pretty much already at my office door.

"Wa-wait, Bummie!" My co-worker scrambled to stop me before I could leave, almost falling in the process. I turned around and waited for him to catch his balance.

"Why don't we go for a coffee or something...I mean-" Everyday I tell him no because supposedly, everyday I’m busy. I wouldn't consider myself a workaholic but I personally do think it's important to pay close attention to your target. Going on dates with Lee Jinki just doesn't help with that, no matter how attractive he gets.

"Jinki, look." I held up the file "I've got to think of a way to catch this guy, and you know how long tracking can take."

He pouted."Why do you always turn me down, Bum?"

I found myself frowning, remembering all the things that he had done for me. A cup of coffee couldn’t really hurt, right? Besides I kind of felt bad for turning him down. It was sad. It was almost a routine even. Every. Single. Day. Poor Jinki was probably super discouraged by now. Heck, I was surprised that he was still trying.

"Saturday, hyung. Come get me, okay?"

His eyes widened as he tried to hide his smile, "Saturday!? Uh...yeah, okay Saturday! I'll be there!"

~

Unfortunately, my hopes to study in peace were crushed as soon as I walked through the front door of my apartment. It seemed to me that my son was home.

"Umma! You’re here!" I sent him a comforting smile.

"Minho-hyung and I had another fight, so I'm staying here tonight."

Why did they fight so much? Taemin stayed the night every night last week... And again tonight? What could be so bad that you have to come home every night? I set my keys onto the dining table along with the groceries I'd bought on my way home.

"Ah, well its fine Minnie… just don't bother me okay? I've got work to take care of." I said, attempting to make my way into working space - my room.

He threw his book on the couch and stood up,"Another one? And here I was hoping you would make your son a home cooked meal."

He stuck out his lower lip in an attempt to persuade me with his cuteness.

"Can I just make you breakfast? I'm really busy.." I replied. It's not like I didn't feed him all last week. He gave a nod and insisted on making me something instead. There was no getting out of that one, so I let him… that was as long as he didn't screw up my kitchen like last time. I scratched the back of my head with the thought of what I came across last time. There was egg...on the ceiling. On the freaking ceiling! What kind of scrambled eggs were supposed to be made up there?

I left him to his cooking and continued into my room, making sure to lock the door. Interruptions from my son, yes my precious baby boy, were unnecessary.

I opened the file and read the information for my next victim.

'Kim Jonghyun

23

Single

Capture requested: , Quiet Disappearance

Pay: 1 billion won'

And I thought this mission was going to be such a piece of work! I've already got an idea! Okay so, I'll just 'accidentally' bump into him at some random place that's not really random and get his number. Once I do that, I ask him on a date, put some sedatives in his food.. Drive him 'home' and BAM, easy bank account raise. It seems like a lot but really, compared to how long other ones take this'll probably only take about a week. And for 1 BILLION WON?! ...Wait, why was the pay amount so high? The more I thought about it, the more I realized that the mission was practically a piece of cake. I found a bit suspicious. Then again, money is money. I’ll just have to deal with it.

Eh whatever, It's probably only paranoia. Just another price the Boss has swindled out of customer.

My eyes surveyed the boy in the picture. Wow, He looks so young, usually the files are much older than 23..he must have pissed off some well off drug dealer or something.. It's a shame Mr. Kim screwed up his life so early, he's kind of cute-ish.

There was a knock at the door interrupting my vivid plans.

"Umma, I made dinner. Ready to eat?"

Damn it.

I hid the file in the safe I kept under my computer desk and plastered a happy grin on my face, "Coming Tae-baby!"