Five: Aside

Lost in Love

“We’re all a little weird. And life is a little weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall into mutually satisfying weirdness—and call it love—true love.” 

Robert Fulghum, True Love   

(song:aside)

 

Taemin entered the kitchen of his parents’ house dragging his worn out black converse sneakers. It was already five in the morning and he tried to be as quiet as possible to not wake up anyone.  Taemin spent the day at the dorm with the other members drinking and crying. That was their routine lately, ever since Onew disappeared.  Another two weeks passed and no sign of his hyung. Everyone was losing hope. Onew’s parents were a total mess.

Kindly Taemin’s parents let them stay with them after the media found out the hotel where they were resting. Losing a son and being harassed by the media is enough to make someone fall into a depression.

With time the media attention on the subject started to diminish; also because a famous actor was discovered to be a fateful costumer of a “special massage shop”; but the invitation to stay by Taemin’s parents remained, until Onew was rescued.

It was a really generous offer, since that day could never come, but everyone was praying for a miracle, and parents never give up on their sons.

Last week Jonghyun and Taemin decided to visit the house of the girl that also disappeared. They were surprised to know how poor they were. Lily, the girl who also was lost at the sea, was the one supporting them and her mother was crying not knowing what they would do with their life if she didn’t come back.

However the Money was the last thing in their mind, they wanted their daughter back. She was so much more important than all the wealth in the world.

Lily’s father was a very sick man, he couldn’t get out from his bed to great them, and his younger daughter, only a middle school girl, was taking care of him.

When they got back home, Jonghyun and Taemin talked with the others and decided to help the family. That was the right thing to do. No one knew if Lily was still alive and if she would come back and that family had no way of surviving alone.

Even if they couldn’t save them from a broken heart, they would save them from starving.

Taemin walked to the end of the small straight kitchen and looked outside the window. He was still a little nauseated from all the alcohol he drank and didn’t want to go to bed yet. The light from the street outside illuminated the dark kitchen and he stared at the wall beside the fridge.

A calendar was on the wall and all the special dates for his family were marked on it, but he couldn’t see the anniversaries or special holidays, he only could see that three weeks passed since Lee Jinki was lost in the sea.

Three weeks since SHINee was lost without their leader and friend.

 

2d2c4l0.jpg

 

Jinki stretched his arms lazily looking at the fire in front of him. His eyes would move once in a while to Lily, which was on his left side, who always sent him a sweet smile in return.

She was playing with her hair, curling it with her fingers, while she looked at the beautiful shells she spent all morning collecting at the beach.  

Jinki sighed, his heart heavy with feels. She was so astonishingly beautiful and he couldn’t stop looking at her. He couldn’t even explain what he felt. It was such a weird thing. His chest actually hurt every time he looked at her but it wasn’t painful, it was more like an ache, an ache for her.

She frowned suddenly, caressing her leg, but quickly hide it, once again looking at the shells on her lap.

“Does it hurt?” Jinki asked worried.

“No! I’m fine!” she said starting to hum a song, his song, making him feel all proud inside.

Jinki knew she was lying. Her wound was getting worse every day and the hope of getting away from that island and go back home was disappearing.

Onew was concerned with her, afraid that she would get sick. What would he do? They didn’t have any way to treat her.

“You look pale!” he said sadly, observing her face. She was so tired lately.

Lily looked back at him, her eyes getting lost on his appearing beard. He tried to shave with his pocket knife but since he didn’t have a mirror it was hard for him. She offered do try to do it the next day and he accepted delighted. It was just an excuse for her to touch him since she didn’t mind to see him like that, he looked so manly and handsome with it and she could fantasize that they were married and she was his lovely wife.

“I’m fine. Just tired!” she answered rubbing one of the shells.

“Let’s sleep then!” He got up quickly and grabbed her hand.

Holding hands was so natural for them now. She didn’t blush anymore or felt embarrassed about it. He wanted to hold her hand and, even though Lily knew he only did that because they were alone and she was the only person he could that with, she didn’t mind.

They probably would die on that Island, so being embarrassed about skinship was a silly thing.

They lost count of the days by now. Their skin was tanned and their clothes were worn out by the sun.

The only thing worrying her was her period. That would be embarrassing and weird. Lily didn’t know how long they were on the island, but sooner or later her period would come and that would be awkward.

He pulled her into their bed , now covered with a lot of leaves making it more comfortable and both lied down.

Jinki tucked her hair behind her ear with a slow movement, relishing the moment to the fullest and she couldn’t stop staring at his beautiful eyes.

He was like a dream; too perfect for her! But she didn’t mind living that dream.

“Close your eyes. I’ll sing for you!”

She did what he told her, grabbing his hand on hers, pulling it to her chest, and he started singing a sad song. She didn’t know that one.

Jinki sang to her, his heart hurting, trying to print all his sorrow into the song, trying to ask her to forgive him because he hasn’t been able to save her yet.

 

2d2c4l0.jpg

 

Lily moved the pocket knife slowly down his cheek, chin and neck, her fingers moving on his skin carefully.

Shaving him was harder than she thought since she often got lost on his eyes, lips and soft skin also they didnt had any shaving cream.

Lily made a huge effort to stop staring at his beautiful and perfect full plump lips and avoided his eyes that were stuck on her face like he was reading her mind.

 One look away from the blade and a sudden move from her hand and she will cut him. It was his fault for being so perfect and her fault for thinking about him all the time.

“Done…” she said weakly, unwilling taking her hands away from him.

He caressed his face, now smoother and smiled at her.

“Thanks! I look horrible when I don’t shave.”

“No you don’t!” Lily answered “You always look great. You are so handsome!”

He stared at her for a few moments thinking about what she said and she gulped realizing that she expressed her thoughts openly and perhaps too ardently.

“You are beautiful!” He clumsily praised her back making her giggle.

It was a sad one and he knew right away that she didn’t believe him.

Lily walked to the sea ignoring his attempt to try and correct his comment.

Jinki wanted to explain to her how beautiful she was, but he didn’t knew exactly what to say and she wasn’t paying attention to him anymore, wetting her feet on the sea water.

Onew got up quickly and made a hasty decision. He promised himself he was going to make her fall for him and he noticed how her hands shook when she was shaving him. He exhaled trying to gather all his self-confidence and pulled his shirt over his head throwing it into the sand; walked by her and entered the water.

Lily moved her eyes away when she noticed he didn’t have his shirt on. What was he thinking? He never ever took off his shirt in front of her. Maybe he was trying to ! She could play that game too!

Jinki shook his head like a dog sending water on her direction.

“Ya!” She exclaimed laughing and with his hands Jinki splashed her, drenching her shirt.

He gulped noticing the contours of her white bikini and stopped; the memories of the time he spied on her coming to him.

Lily stared at her shirt and back at Jinki that was playing in the water like a kid. He wanted to play with her?! Then she was going to give him something to think about…

“Teach me how to swim!” She asked surprising him.

“Are you sure?” she was always afraid.

Since she was going to die on that island anyway, why not try to lose her fear of water?!

She nodded and took her shirt off, pulling it over her head and tossing it over his shirt.

Jinki tried not to but his eyes acted on his own and he stared at her s, now only covered with a white bikini. He didn’t even notice that his mouth was hanging open.

“Stop staring!” she complained hugging herself and slowly entering the water.

She grimaced in pain when the water touched her wound and that was enough to make him wake up and run to help her.

At first Jinki hold her hand and arm helping her get inside the water, but slowly while he showed her how to float over the water he started to touch other parts of her body.

She didn’t seem to mind and soon they were playing on the water like two kids.

 

2d2c4l0.jpg

 

“This is not that hard!” Lily said only with her head outside the water.

“It isn’t. But we should get out of the water.” Jinki said walking to the beach, the water from his hair falling down his chest muscles and giving her dirty thoughts.

“Why? I want to practice more!” Lily complained not wanting that moment to end. His hands on her skin and his eyes traveling on her body were something she wanted to live for a little longer.

“Let’s go!” he said stubbornly knowing quite well that all the physical effort inside the water would make her tired and get her sicker. Also he could see her hard s poking from inside her bikini. He couldn’t stay closer to her any longer without doing something crazy.

“No way!” She yelled splashing him with water.

“Ya!” It was his time to scream at her and she stuck her tongue at him, ending with a naughty smile. Jinki ran after her inside the water and Lily chuckled running around the beach, the waves making her steps unstable and making her slow down.

He grabbed her by the waist turning her around pulling her into him. Her chest collided with his and he could feel her hard s against his body.

He gulped not knowing why he did that, but his hands didn’t move away from her body, pulling her even closer to him.

They hugged before.

 That was what she was telling to herself with no success.

Lily was more dressed and dry back then and he wasn’t looking at her that way. Also her hands were on his chest muscles sending waves of desire down her body.

She knew he wanted her. She could feel the ual attraction and she caught him staring at her body a couple of times already.

Knowing that made her happy but she was sure Jinki only felt that way about her because it was his male hormones  and she was the only girl on that island.

She tried not to think about it though; he made her happy and that was the most important thing at the moment.

Jinki hand caressed her cheek, his fingers tracing her features slowly, her eyes with big eyelashes, her curvy and small nose, her lips…She was incredible beautiful. How come he didn’t notice that when he met her?!

Lily grabbed his hand quickly holding it on hers.

“Let’s go! I’m hungry!” she cheerfully said pulling him in the direction of the sand like nothing happened.

Like he didn’t almost kiss her…

 

2d2c4l0.jpg

 

That morning was one of the best of her life.

Yes, she was lost, dead to her family and friends; she hasn’t eaten anything decent in days, probably weeks; her leg wound was infected and she knew things would get pretty ugly if she didn’t go to a hospital soon, but she was happy just because she spent the rest of the morning walking hand in hand with Jinki.

It may not be a special thing to others but she always dreamed to go for a walk in the beach with a boyfriend and he was exactly what she always imagined.

His brown hair was shining under the blue sky, his smile more brilliant than the sun, his warm hand grabbing hers firmly, their feet leaving footprints on the wet sand while the sea water washed their feet.

They talked about everything they unwilling left behind: their families, family, careers, dreams…

Lily opened her heart to him for the first time and he opened his to her too.

“Then the members are your friends? No rivalries between you?”

“No. We fight sometimes, but more about things like food or clothes. We are friends so we get happy when one of us gets a solo schedule; also we know we would never go far if we didn’t have each other.” Jinki explained swinging his free arm while they walked slowly around the beach.

“I know Minho; I saw a drama with him.”

Onew pouted at her and she almost melt with the cuteness.

“You saw his dramas and not mine?”

“I’m sorry!” she mumbled apologetically. Lily was never into idol life or dramas. She was living on the real world away from the dreams and romantic views of dramas.

“Do you know anyone else?”

“ah….Lee Joon?”

“Ya! He is from MBLAQ! Actually he is my friend!” He smiled weakly probably thinking if he was going to see his friend again.

“He is hot!” she giggled and he frowned. He was hot too!

“So singing is everything to you?” Lily said avoiding a wave pulling him with her.

“I can’t say it’s everything, because I love my family and friends too much to say that but yes, singing makes me alive; singing makes me feel proud, like I am seriously reaching to everyone and making them happy.”

“Making a difference; I get it. I envy you…”

Like a kid, he swung their arms joined by their hands.

“Why? My life is not marvelous like it looks…”

“But you do make a difference while I only earn money.”

“I’m lucky yes, but you also make a difference. For what you told me you are helping your family survive sacrificing your own happiness for that…”

“What do you mean?”

“Didn’t you skip college to work? You probably wanted to do a lot of things and had a dream you couldn’t fulfill because you are always busy thinking about others. That is so unselfish and beautiful. So I admire you…”

Lily blushed, tears coming to her eyes, and they walked in silence for a few moments.

Jinki knew she needed some time to recover and didn’t say anything, all his body wanting to hug her while she cried by his side.

Lily cleaned her tears from her face with her free hand and he jumped on the water splashing her.

“What are you doing?” she asked weakly and Jinki pulled her into the water grabbing both her hands and spinning around.

“I’m going crazy. I want to eat chicken so much!” He yelled while they moved and she started laughing. “What do you want to eat?”

“Me?” she asked confused while he pulled her; they looked like two kids. “Hm….ice cream!”

“Oh…banana ice cream!” He said pretending that he was thinking about it.

“Oh my god…No! I think I ate bananas for a life time!” she answered dreadful and he stopped, releasing her hands and laughing with her answer. Jinki bent over leaning on his knees panting and looked up at her, from behind the hair falling on his eyes.  

She wasn’t crying anymore and he was happy.

“I wanted to be a photographer.” Lily said rubbing her arm.

“Really? Are you good at it?”

“Not sure…I’ve never had a good camera. They are too expensive.”

“Oh!” he exclaimed thinking about his camera lost in a corner of his room collecting dust. It was a gift from his parents but he wasn’t the kind to take photos.

 “I’ll give you one when we get back home!” He said smiling, his eyes disappearing and small wrinkles appearing on the corners of them.

Lily knew it was a lie, if they ever left that island he won’t talk with her anymore. He was an idol, rich and famous and she was the opposite.

“This may sound weird..” she said hesitating before continuing “but I don’t regret getting lost here…”

“I don’t to!” he interrupted her “I met you.”

He pulled her into the direction of the jungle and they walked in silence both pondering what they said.

If they haven’t entered that boat they would never ever met. They would be just two people in the middle of millions of others. They could walk beside each other and feel nothing.

Now that was impossible. They meant something to each other. Even if they got back home they would never forget each other: they will be linked forever because they were the only ones who knew what happened in that island; the only ones who knew what they felt for each other.

There was no way back, no way to erase what they lived, no way to erase each other from their hearts.

 

2d2c4l0.jpg

 

As usual, on the afternoon, they climbed to the top of the hill. This time they climbed slowly because her leg was hurting. Lily walked in front of him and he just followed watching where she put her feet, ready to catch her if she slipped. She stopped suddenly and looked back at him, her eyes wide open.

“What is wro…” “Shh” she stopped him from talking, placing one finger on her lips.

He looked around trying to understand what was troubling her and that’s when something moved on the trees over their heads. They looked up at the moment one monkey jumped to another tree, his scream echoing around them.

Jinki didn’t have time to say anything because Lily circled his chest with her arms hiding her face on his body. She was scared and he automatically hugged her back, a delightful smile illuminating his features.

“It’s ok…it was only a monkey! I think there are several on that tree!”

She looked at him shyly after he talked with her with his sweet and serene voice and Jinki signaled the tree for her to look.

Lily released him slowly and both walked carefully trying to not make noise and stayed motionless watching the animals.

“A baby!” Lily whispered “So cute!” They watched the mother grabbing the baby and helping him climb on her back before she gave him a banana.

“We can catch one and eat him!” Onew said with a serious voice.

“What? How can you do that?” she asked feeling like crying “they have babies.”

“They are stealing our bananas!” He answered back and she frowned. “I’m joking. I like them. They are good neighbors. Not noisy at all. I always thought they weren’t even real.”

She giggled and he leaned against the tree watching her.

“I wish I had a camera.” He said observing Lily watching the monkeys. A picture at that moment would be perfect.

She was so distracted with the animals that she didn’t notice the way he was staring at her. Why look at the monkeys when he could look at her?

“I want to take a picture of us with the monkeys. I’m sure we will miss them.” Lily said giggling.

He will miss her for sure.

“Oh!” she smiled and looked back at him. “But I don’t even know if I’m a good photographer.”

“You will be and then you will be one of my fans and build a fansite and follow me everywhere taking awesome pictures of me drinking coffee or sweating buckets at the concerts.”

She laughed at him while he started to climb the hill once again.

“I don’t think I’ll be a good fansite admin.” Lily pointed out moving the tree leaves away from her face while she walked.

“Why?” he asked without turning around, still climbing followed by her.

She wouldn’t be a good fansite admin because she wouldn’t be able to take any picture. Lily would be too dazzled watching him and she would keep all pictures to herself. Also she couldn’t be his fan…she was too deep in love with him to follow him.

When they got back home she will cut all ties with him. That was the best thing to do.

“I don’t have time!” she answered instead but didn’t get an answer back from him.

 

2d2c4l0.jpg

 

After fainting in front of everyone, Young-Hee fan cafes increased double. She should be happy with the good news but she wasn’t; instead she spent her last days in bed feeling too depressed to do anything.

That was, until she heard from her manager that the other SHINee members visited the family of the other girl who disappeared with Onew.

She couldn’t be left out and also Young-Hee wanted to know who this girl was, since the rumors said she was dating her boyfriend in secret.

That’s why she got out from her car, wearing her leopard printed heels, yellow middle length dress and walked with her beautiful, long, straight black hair in the direction of Jonghyun and the other members who were talking with a teenage girl outside a small house in a poor neighborhood.

“Oh No!” she heard Key say when he saw her. She ignored the comment; she knew quite well they didn’t like her.  They were probably envious of her dating Onew and not one of them.

“Good afternoon!” She said grabbing a tissue from her bag and carefully cleaning the corners of her eyes trying to not ruin her makeup. She was pretending now, but she didn’t pretend all week. She realized she loved Lee Jinki and she was going to do everything to get him back.

They greeted her back with a tired, sad expression.

“Who are you?” Young-Hee asked the middle school girl, wearing an old uniform and with her hair caught up on a pony tail.

“I’m Lily’s sister Flora!  You are that famous actress, right? The one dating Onew! Oh I am your fan!” the young girl cried in delight.

Young-Hee looked at the skinny girl in front of her and forced a smile. She was her fan but she was also the sister of the stupid girl that stole his boyfriend, at least to the media.

“So? How much?” she asked pursing her red lips.

“How much what?”  Minho asked confused and Jonghyun took a step towards her just to be held by Key.

Jonghyun knew what she meant. She was asking how much money she had to give to help the family and show up on the news like a savior of the poor.

“Nothing! We don’t need anything from you!” Jonghyun spit it out crossing his arms on his chest. He never liked her but now he was starting to loathe her.

“Go inside.” Taemin mentioned to the young girl who looked confused at them, too innocent to understand what was going on.

She obeyed her idol and disappeared inside the little house closing the gate for the small yard, after her.

“Why are you even here?” Key asked, his burning eyes hidden behind his sunglasses.

“I’m Onew’s girlfriend and I’m worried with him and also this girl who disappeared….Lila…”

“Lily!” Taemin corrected her blinking his eyes, feeling his blood starting to boil. He could be the silent type but he was also a person that could get angry quickly.

“Whatever!”

Jonghyun chuckled still not believing what was happening. This girl was too unreal to be true.

“Just go away. You aren’t even his real girlfriend and you are acting more and more like a person he would never date.” Minho said leaning against the green gate from Lily’s family house, his black hair shining with the sun.

“But I do love him!” Young – Hee mumbled showing the true girl behind the makeup and expensive clothes.

“Then if you do just leave this family alone and go away!” Key said firmly making her step back. She stared at each one of them and their fierce expressions and she mumbled a goodbye walking awkwardly back to her car.

“As if hyung would ever like a girl like her…” Taemin said loud enough for her to hear.

Young-Hee pretended she didn’t and entered the car, putting her sunglasses on.

She grabbed another tissue from her purse and cleaned the corners of her eyes.

This time she was crying for real.

 

2d2c4l0.jpg

 

She opened her eyes briefly and rubbed them slowly trying to shake the sleep away and sat up. Lily was feeling so tired lately, almost no energy to do anything but Jinki never reprimanded her even when he had to do everything, like searching for food  or maintaining the SOS signs.

“I slept a lot..” she stated looking at the prince beside her, his hair, now longer falling over his eyes and ears making him look even more handsome and royal like. “We should get back, it’s so late already. Why didn’t you wake me up?” They were still at the top of the hill and the sun was coloring the sky of orange now making everything look like gold.

“No. Let’s stay here longer watching the sunset.” He suggested not looking at her, his arms resting over his knees while he stared at the horizon. He was acting strange but she didn’t say anything and just crossed her legs.

They stayed like that in silence for a few moments while she wondered what to say and tried to avoid looking at him, a hard thing to do when he was more shining that everything else around her.

Lily couldn’t help but remember her stupid romantic dreams. When she was fifteen she made a list of things she wanted to do with a boyfriend, walking on the beach was one of them, and now that she was thinking about it she did a lot of things on that list with him, even though they were not boyfriends.

She still kept that list and the number one thing on her list was watching the sunset together. How sad that she was doing it with someone she loved and didn’t love her back.

Lily gasped and bite her lip preventing a sob to come out when the tears started running from her eyes.

Jinki looked confused at her wondering where the sound came from until he noticed the tears she tried to hide for him.

“What’s wrong?” he cried, quickly moving closer to her, his knees bended on the floor while his hands grabbed her head gently so he could raise her head to look at her face. “Are you in pain?”  His voice was a mixture of sadness and worry and she nodded her head without saying anything.

Yes she was in pain, and it was all his fault.

“Is it your leg? Maybe something you ate…Oh no…!” He panicked caressing her cheeks with his fingers and she tried to focus on him from behind her tears. He was pouting, his eyes losing all the beaming happiness they always had and he looked worried…no…he was scared! He was scared of losing her, probably because she was the only person who could keep him company.

“No…I’m fine!” she murmured sniffing, resting her hands on his that were on her cheeks, and caressing his fingers. “You probably think I’m stupid but…I just remembered how much I wanted to see the sunset with a boyfriend and it dawned on me that I’ll probably never will…” she ended with a small cry of pain and his expression changed.

Jinki was no longer worried or scared, his face was serious and his eyes were no longer on her eyes. She almost gasped when she noticed where he was looking but she couldn’t say anything because he quickly closed them joining his lips with the target of his gazing, her lips.

Lily reacted quickly and without knowing she was kissing him back. It was a sweet, yet intense kiss and she never ever dreamed that she would feel something like she was feeling right now.

Her heart was probably going to blow up any cardiologic exam, if she was doing one.

Her hands tighten around his hands on her face but he didn’t stop and she didn’t mind, even though she was almost out of breath.

That was a dream, Lee Jinki, and his warm yet, cracked from the sun lips where moving on hers gently and she didn’t want to wake up from it.

He was lost, Jinki was lost on her. He didn’t know what he was doing anymore. When she said she never watched the sunset with her boyfriend he wanted to make her shut up; he wanted to be that man desperately so when he noticed he was kissing her and not wanting to stop.

Jinki wasn’t sure about what he felt; only that he couldn’t stop thinking about her and how wonderful she was; his heart was a total mess and if he could he wanted to stare at her all day.

Everything about her was enchanting to him, the way she curled her hair with her fingers, how she always rubbed her arms when she was nervous, how she liked to play with the shells she collected near the sea, her melodious laugh every time he was acting silly…

Jinki didn’t know what he was feeling and why he suddenly wanted to kiss her so much.

He only knew that it was the right thing to do. 

zsr4uh.jpg

Hello! Sorry for the delay! Lately I have a lot of ideas for my stories but I dont feel like writing them! 

Thank you for all your love!

I hope you like it!^^

Finaly a kiss hm?

Next chapter is being writen and I can promise you that you will like it a lot. Lots of romance in it!

Your comments are really apreciated. They make me want to write! ^^

Only more 4-5 chapters and we will have to say goodbye to Onew and Lily! 

chu ~