Four: Love's Way

Lost in Love

“There is never a time or place for true love. It happens accidentally, in a heartbeat, in a single flashing, throbbing moment.” 
― Sarah Dessen
, The Truth About Forever

(song: Love's Way )

 

Young-Hee checked herself on the mirror one more time and cleaned her eyes.

“You need to pretend you miss him a lot….cry too!” Her manager said grabbing his coat and dressing it.

“I don’t have to pretend ok?! I think I like him. He is so silly and weird but he is also so handsome! I actually miss him!”

She sniffed and looked at the TV on the corner of the room.

News about idol star Onew  missing were everywhere. The fans cried day and night outside his company singing his songs, wishing for him to come back alive and safe. SHINee stopped their activities and a crying Jonghyun was seen coming out from the company with Minho holding him.

Shawols all around the world cried for their idol.

One week passed and even though everyone was looking for him at the sea, Onew was nowhere to be found.

Another girl disappeared too and the news mentioned something about it.

Soon a lot of rumors started circulating around.

Rumors saying Onew was tired of his idol life and run away with  a girl he was dating in secret.

Some even said he was married with her secretly and they had kids.

Young-Hee saw how Key reacted to that in an interview.

His hyung was so awkward with girls he would never keep a relationship in secret for long let alone a wedding with kids.

He was laughing, but all shawols could see how sad he was.

Even the members were worried with their leader.

Onew’s parents ran away to Taemin’s parents house trying to avoid the press outside the hotel they were staying. 

The days were filled with images of shawols crying and random images of Onew singing, acting and in variety shows.

He was never loved as he was now. As always a tragedy brings more recognition than anything else.

SHINee’s sales went up and the group was now talked everywhere.

The captain and crew of the ship were questioned but no one could precise the moment the two young adults disappear. The other tourists talked about an argument in the dining room and a boat disappeared, but a lot of questions were left answered.

A poor young woman and a famous idol disappeared without a trace.

“Poor Lee Jinki, a talented, humble young man with a whole life ahead of him.” was the talk of the day on the street.

No one could remember the name of the girl though…

Young –Hee followed her manager outside where a group of reporters was waiting for her.

She was now more popular than ever. The poor girlfriend waiting for her beloved, with tears falling down her face.

She wasn’t pretending though. She did miss him and maybe she even loved him.

Jinki saw her as a nonsense, but he was never mean to her, he just ignored her most of the time.

He was probably the only man in that country who didn’t think she was pretty. He often said she lived behind a mask and he didn’t like girls like that.

Young-Hee tried to make him fall for her, she even stopped dying her hair pink, and returned to her boring black hair; stopped using heavy makeup and started donating rice to charity but still he never showed any interest for her.

The flashes from the cameras blinded her for a second.

“Young- Hee, how do you feel?” “Do you miss Onew?” “Did you talk with the other SHINee members or his parents?”

Her manager, and the security guards, helped her walk in the middle of the crowd. She saw a group of shawols waving banners with Jinki’s smiling face and she couldn’t help it, a small tear escaped from her eyes.

“She is crying!” Someone yelled and Young-Hee stopped confused, the noises around her disappeared and she only could hear the fans yelling “Lee Jinki come back home!”, his face was all she could see before she passed out on her managers arms.

 

 

“Do you think she is pretending?” Minho asked looking at Jonghyun who was sitting on the other side of the couch. He spent the last days on the dorm waiting for news.

Key had his eyes red from crying and walked into the middle of the living room.

“She isn’t!” Taemin said from the corner. He was leaning against the wall of the living room, looking outside the window, but still keeping an eye on the news.

His hyungs fake girlfriend just fainted in national TV.

“I think she really loves him…” Taemin assumed, before losing his voice.

Everyone loved Lee Jinki. He was one of the best people he ever met. How could she not fall for him, or at least care for him?!

The news anchor showed up on the screen and they cut to a compilation of Onew’s moments in their concerts, and other shows. Seeing him smile while the song The name I loved played in the background was too much for Key. He stormed outside the room to Jinki’s room. He spent almost all the time there now. Jonghyun whimpered and Minho turned off the TV.

Chances of finding Onew were decreasing. If he fell into the sea, one week meant he was probably dead or near it.

“He is alive! I know it!” Minho said trying to act strong. “We all know that idiot! He is going to appear somewhere on an island, all tanned and eating something weird! I’m sure!”

Jonghyun chuckled a little picturing it. His favorite hyung couldn’t be dead…he couldn’t!

“He is alive…I feel it!” Taemin said crossing his arms. “He just….he was so young…it can’t end like this…” His eyes got watery and Minho got up from his seat and hugged him.

Everyone was breaking down around him and he tried so hard to act like the hyung. He never cried in front of them. But last night when he saw Key and Jonghyun sharing old memories of silly Jinki while laughing, he couldn’t help it. He closed the door of his room and cried for his friend.

Lee Jinki, Onew, leader, was more than that. He was their friend, a brother, he was family.

They couldn’t accept that they had lost him in his life.

“I think we should search for that girl’s family!” Jonghyun suddenly said “They are probably suffering the same as us, probably even more since they are saying so many bad things about her…I think hyung would like that!”

“Good idea!” Taemin agreed “I hope she is with him. At least he has someone to keep him company!”

“I’ll talk to the manager, and tomorrow we can search for them!” Jonghyun said getting up from the couch.

They should do something for the poor girl. His hyung wasn’t the only person loved, that girl probably had a family suffering as much as them, and maybe no one to give them a hand and tell them everything was going to be alright.

If he could he would be that person. Onew would have done the same thing if things were different.

 

 

Lily opened her eyes and heard the sound of the birds above her. She sat up slowly and stretched her arms. Another day lost…it was now a week.

She looked around for Jinki and she didn’t saw him, maybe he went to the bathroom?

They were so close now. He sang to her all nights before sleeping, and he would make stupid body gags to make her laugh.

Their days on the jungle were pretty similar. They would go search for fruit, banana, papayas and coconuts, in the morning. Eat lunch at the beach while they played around in the water. Walk to the top of the hill and spend the afternoon there talking and looking for a ship to appear on the horizon. Unfortunately none appeared after the other one.

At night he would sing to her and they would talk until they fall asleep.

Sometimes they would take a bath at the lake and Jinki was nagging her to learn how to swim.

Lily wanted to but was afraid to be touched by him. She was fearful that she couldn’t hide her feeling for Jinki anymore. What if he noticed?! He would be so disgusted and awkward around her. She would lose him and she wasn’t ready for that.

He was everything to her now. The only reason she woke everyday was her hope of being saved and him.

Lily walked around their camping and since he never showed up she decided to walk to the beach, ignoring the throbbing pain on her leg. There were days it looked like her cut was better but others it looked horrible.

She arrived to the beach and called his name a few times. No one answered and she walked back to the camping again.

Jinki wasn’t still there and she started to panic. He never disappeared like that. What if something happened to him?!

Sometimes he was clumsy and there was even that time he tried to climb a rock and almost fell from the top of it. Lily almost cried while he laughed it off. He noticed her wet eyes and she pretended something was hurting her.

She felt so silly for loving him so much, but with each passing day, he was getting even more handsome and lovely in her eyes.

Jinki was wonderful and so out of her league, but there she hasn’t any competition, and she felt bad for thinking like that when he was always searching for a way to get saved and off the island.

She stumped her feet frustrated and walked around the lake calling his name.

Lily’s was so worried now and all kind of horrible scenarios where going through her mind. She bit her lip and cried frustrated.

“Good morning!” He said from behind her and she turned around to see a smiling Jinki coming from the middle of the jungle carrying a bunch of bananas. “You can’t believe what I saw, a monkey!” he clenched his teeth cutely and giggled.

She wanted to run and hug him, but at the same time she wanted to hit him.

“Why did you go without saying anything?” she yelled and the smile disappeared from his face.

Lily never talked like that with him.

“What is wrong?” Jinki asked surprised placing the bananas on the floor.

“You should have told me you were going to get food! We do that together!” she yelled once again, trying to not cry from relief in front of him.

“I just went to the bathroom and saw them….”

“You are careless…”

“I’m sorry!” Jinki rubbed his neck apologetically. What was wrong with her?! Women were so weird!

“NEVER DO THAT AGAIN! YOU…..IDIOT!” she screamed one last time and ran away to the beach.

He stared at her, confused, without knowing what to do.

Lily only stopped at the beach and she hugged the rock near the water, the same one from her first day on the island, and she cried.

She really thought he could be dead or hurt somewhere and it was something unbearable for her.

There was no way out for her. Lily was definitely in love with him and he was so reckless and absentminded. How couldn’t he see her feelings?!

 After a few minutes she heard him clear his throat from behind her and she cleaned her tears quickly.

“I’m sorry!” Jinki said once again and she closed her eyes. “I didn’t want to worry you! Next time I‘ll wake you up before going. Ok?”

“Ok!” Lily answered turning around and facing him.

Jinki stared at her, she was crying and he rubbed his arms trying to control the impulse to hug her. He didn’t want to scare her, but lately things were strange. He couldn’t stop thinking about her and sometimes he even dreamed of kissing her. He was going nuts….maybe he was falling for her!

“We…” he stuttered noticing her wet lips “We should try to find more leaves for our bed.”

“Yes! Let’s go!” She walked past him and he sighed following her.

 

 

Jinki stared at the blue ocean in front of him. When he returns home he won’t be able to look at the sea in the same way.

Lily moved and muttered something and he looked down at her.

She was sleeping by his side and Jinki sat down in a way he could block the sun with his body from hitting her face. She looked so beautiful and he couldn’t stop looking at her.

He was acting like a fool in love. He never felt something like that for a girl, maybe it was because he was stranded on that island with her, or maybe they were stranded on that island because that was meant to happen.

Jinki wasn’t an expert in love but now all love songs made sense to him.

 He had all the symptoms of being in love: he can’t stop staring at her, everything she does is beautiful, she is perfect in every way; her smile makes the world a beautiful place; his heart can’t stop beating like crazy when she touches him and his body is acting like he was a teenager, he can’t’ stop staring at the way her shirt clings to her body when it’s wet, or thinking about her bikini under her clothes; once he even caught himself looking at her …

He rubbed his face and looked at her legs. Now she could walk well but her cut was a worry. If they stayed longer at the island it would get badly infected and that was his big worry. He needed to find a way to take her out from that island.

Jinki wondered about it every day but he couldn’t find a way to save them.

Lily moved and woke up rubbing her eyes.

“Hi!” she mumbled with a sleepy voice and his heart, once again, threatened to jump from his chest.

He nodded swallowing and diverted his eyes away from her pretty face.

She wasn’t the most beautiful girl he ever saw, but she had something in her that made her irresistible. No one can compare to her…

“We should go back.” She suggested and she rose up stretching her arms in the air, making her shirt go up and he could see the soft skin of her stomach. He widened his eyes and got up quickly almost stumbling, his face getting red.

Lily looked surprised at Jinki and smiled. He was acting strange again.

He turned away quickly starting to go down the hill and she followed him.

“YA! Wait for me!”

“Just…..” he was too embarrassed to look at her. He was having so many dirty thoughts with her lately “Just worry up! You are slow!”

“Ya! Don’t be mean!” She cried quickening her pace and grabbing a tree for support. It gave in and she fall with her on the floor.

Lily cried in pain and he stopped looking back.

“You ok?” Jinki asked going back worried.

“Yes!” Lily pouted and got up rubbing her “it’s all your fault!”

Jinki stared lovingly at her and she lost her voice.

“I’m sorry!” His voice was so gentle and her heart was beating so fast she was afraid he could hear it “I’ll help you now!”

Jinki offered her his hand and she hesitantly grabbed it.

He firmly held her hand in his and they climbed down the rest of the hill together, without saying anything.

Both happy to hold each other hands but too afraid of their feelings.

 

 

Jinki placed the sticks with the fish near the fire and enjoyed the warm coming from it.

He was getting a pro as making fire. He ran a hand through his hair, still a little wet from the bath he took in the lake. Lily was taking one now and a lot of images crossed his mind.

Lily with wet hair coming from inside the water, little drops of water running down her skin, between her s…

“Stop!” He said to himself frustrated. He wasn’t a ert!

He walked around the fire, fighting his desire to go and watch her inside the lake.

Jinki was so angry with himself but he gave up and silently walked to the rock they called bed and behind it, pecking at the water.

She wasn’t so that wasn’t wrong right?! Jinki saw her yellow shirt, and her shorts on the floor and his eyes moved to the lake where the object of his desires was washing her hair.

Jinki saw how Lily used her fingers as comb, getting rid of the knots in her hair; her beautiful hair falling on her s that were covered with a decent, but still revealing, white bikini. He could see her hard s and he hide behind the rock again closing his eyes.

What was he doing?! The water running down her stomach to her bikini …

He groaned frustrated feeling all his body hot.

Jinki needed to control himself or she would notice the effect she has on his body.

He looked down checking if he was ok and walked to the fire again sitting on the floor.

He covered his face with both his hands and stared at the fire.

Lily sat by his side a few minutes later, her shirt and shorts wet from her skin, her hair falling on her eyes and shoulders.

Jinki wanted her more than ever and he knew that wasn’t just ual desire. It was so much more than that.

“Is everything alright?” Lily asked noticing his confused expression. He looked in pain.

“Yeah…I just realized something!” His eyes didn’t leave hers and she started to feel uncomfortable.

“What? The monkeys are in reality robots sent to film the great idol Onew and this is all a reality show?” she chuckled trying to make a joke and change the mood.

He didn’t smile and looked at the fire again.

“yeah…” Jinki mumbled.

Lee Jinki was in love and he didn’t know what to do with such a crazy, overpowering feeling.

 

 

“Hey!” Lily yelled in a singing tone and Onew opened his eyes to see her at the top of the hill wearing a beautiful red dress, the one from his other dreams.

“I’m dreaming!” He mumbled and she nodded.

“Yes…I am too! This is only a dream, a really good one or a nightmare!”

He frowned at her, he wasn’t sure she was really talking about the dream.

“I mean the two of us together! Don’t you think it was destiny to meet on that ship! I would have never gone on a cruise if I didn’t win that contest…”

“I wouldn’t know you!” Jinki whispered and stepped closer to her.

“Yes, but if I didn’t went on that cruise, right now you wouldn’t be here, and you would be safe at your home, right beside the ones you love, and I would be working like always…”

“But we wouldn’t know each other…”

“We wouldn’t!” she said expressionless “But you would be safe.”

“But….” Jinki needed her; she was a part of his life now.

“We could erase that if we could turn back time!” Lily or someone that looked exactly like her told him reading his mind.

“No! I don’t want to!” He yelled trying to grab her arm to confess to her what he has been feeling the past few days.

Suddenly a sudden light illuminated everything around him and he covered his eyes protecting them.

When he opened them again he was back at the ship, with his cocktail in hand, just like the day he saw her for the first time.

Jinki looked at the pool but the spot where she was sitting was empty.

“No!” He screamed “NO!”

Onew opened his eyes and sat on his improvised bed. His heart was still beating fast from the dream. He was definitely becoming crazy. Maybe it was because he was spending to much time under the sun…

He got up and walked to the fire now extinct, and that was when he realized Lily wasn’t around.

He panicked and started calling her. His dream couldn’t be turning into reality right?!

Jinki couldn’t lose her!

“What?” she asked coming from the middle of the trees still fixing her clothes “I just went to…” she blushed “you know…bathroom!”

He walked to her and gave in to his feelings, forgetting about everything else, and pulled her into his arms hugging her.

The world disappeared around Lily as his arms held her against his body, her nose and lips touching his shoulder, her arms stuck on her sides and her hands resting on his chest.

She dreamed with that all the time and now that it was really happening she couldn’t move her body.

Lily felt him move and his cheek brushed hers, his lips so close to hers. She was afraid to look at him, but her eyes acted on their own and looked up where his were looking back at her.

“You worried me!” He explained blushing.

His arms didn’t release her and she didn’t know what to say so she nodded awkwardly and looked at his chest, trying not to move her hands over his muscles.

Jinki brushed his lips against her forehead and she closed her eyes. Was he going to kiss her?

He didn’t kiss her and looked up instead, his hands slowly moving from her back to her arms grabbing her hands on his.

Lily looked at him again waiting for some kind of explanation of why he was doing that.

Was he in love with her?! Was he missing human contact or something?!

That was probably the reason behind that weird reaction.

“It’s ok!” she mumbled and he looked back at her. He was so handsome she almost lost her voice “I understand….I feel the same!”

“You do?” he asked smiling widely at her and her heart almost stopped. “I’ve been crazy this last days…I can’t control it anymore!”

“I know! Its normal!” she assured him and he blinked his eyes.

“Normal?”

“Yes, I mean, we miss our family and friends, and we are alone here. So I totally understand that you were in need of some kind of…physical contact!” she blushed saying it.

Jinki stared at her, his smile disappearing and slowly he released her hands, his arms falling by his side.

“I see!” he mumbled and moved away from her.

Lily stared at his back sadly, missing his warmness already.

“It’s ok! You can hug me whenever you want!” she offered biting her lip. Please hug me, she was screaming inside.

“I’ll keep that in mind, thanks!” he said looking around like he was lost and didn’t know what to do. “I’m going to see if we caught some fish!”

Jinki told her before he disappeared in the middle of the trees.

Lily looked at the floor and wondered what she did wrong. She wasn’t stupid; both know it was too early to find any fish on the trap. It was an excuse to run away from her.

 

 

Lee Jinki kicked a rock frustrated and cried in pain after it.

He was an idiot! He really thought she liked him back!

Physical contact?! Yes he really wanted to have physical contact with her…a lot of it!

He stopped by the sea and washed his feet thinking about what he felt with her in his arms.

It was fantastic! He never was so happy for hugging someone before, and her hair was so soft, just like he imagined.

He couldn’t stop smiling remembering how his lips brushed against her skin.

Jinki was crazy, but he was actually happy that he got lost with her.

Couldn’t think about a life were he didn’t knew her anymore.

They were alone on that island and he was going to make her fall for him.

 

Yeah! I wrote another chapter! 

And yes im avoiding Dating an Idol and Click Enter Love.

 

Sorry...

Its just im so afraid to screw the first one and i dont know what to write on the second...

But now I really have to get back to DI. No escaping anymore.

Anyway. I love this chapter! Weird! XD 

I just like how it end up and I love how confused and cute onew is in it. Also The first part with SHINee and the fake girlfriend! 

The fault of this chapter end up like this is a fancam of Onew singing The road to me. I listened the song 3000 times to write this! XD 

hm...well you just know what you have to do! Comment, subscribe (yes please do that if you plan to read the story. I never know how many readers I have because many just bookmark it =/. Seriously thinking about making it subscribers only!)