One: Seaside

Lost in Love

“Sometimes life has a cruel sense of humor, giving you the thing you always wanted at the worst time possible.” ― Lisa Kleypas

(song: Seaside )

 

Lily climbed the stairs to the ship. She was so excited. She never did a cruise before. She didn’t even have money to buy a car let alone do a thing like that.  So when she saw that she won a small cruise for two people she couldn’t be happier. The problem was that she didn’t have anyone to go with since she was single.  She invited a friend but at the last moment she got sick. So now she was boarding the ship for a two weeks travel alone.

Lily was a little worried with her family. Her mom worked so hard and her dad was always sick. She worked at a cafe and all the money she made there was going for the house expenses and her little sister school fees.

She didn’t mind tough, she was happy. She had a roof over her head and a wonderful family. Yes things would get hard sometimes, and she would feel lonely too but on those days she would cry in her bed before going to sleep and the next morning she would be fine, like nothing happened.

She tried to brush those thoughts away. She was going to have a dream vacation and get back  full of energy.

Nothing could go wrong in those two weeks.

 

 

He stepped out from the car looking around him. No one was recognizing him and he exhaled relieved.

This was his vacations. After years of training, singing and acting he was finally going to have two weeks of leisure time and healing, like he loved to call it.

His manager helped him with the bags.

He was famous; he was Onew, now a solo singer and drama actor, also a member of an idol group and sometimes even a MC in funny shows. All women wanted him, but he only wanted some free time being the man only his family and friends knew, Lee Jinki.

He grabbed the bag tanking his manager.

“Be careful inside that boat. Once they find out who you are they are going to keep an eye on you…try not to be….yourself.”

Onew laughed. He knew what he meant. Try not to be your weird self. That was impossible to him, but he would try to refrain his impulses to act crazy. He just wished his friends where there with him. He would love to go on a trip with them, they knew how to have fun, but their schedules where packed since they were also singers.

“Don’t worry! I’ll behave hyung! You come to get me when I arrive?”

“Yes! Enjoy it; you never know when you will get another opportunity like this…”

“Yeah I know!”

“Oh did you call Young-hee?”

He frowned. She was his girlfriend, well sort off. They didn’t date for real. It started with a silly rumor when they saw the two together. He actually didn’t like her, she was fake, but both companies decided that it would be good publicity since they were going to do a drama together. So now he was “dating” her. She was so annoying always calling him because she had a crush on him. He didn’t care about her, yes she was pretty, but her heart was cold.

He wanted someone that could make him warm, someone special.

Not that he was looking for love now; he was focusing on his career.

“No I didn’t hyung….please don’t tell her where I am or she will swim to the ship after me…”

His manager laughed and he bade farewell to him.

That travel was going to be the best. He knew it would change his life…

He just didn’t know how much.

Lily rolled on her bed smiling. She just decided to nap…in the middle of the day. She never did that. She felt so happy. It was her last day on the cruise and it was even more dreamy than she ever imagined.

 She stretched her arms and grabbed the ship flyer deciding on what she was going to do that day.

Swimming pool was nice. She didn’t have any chance to use a swimming pool on her daily life. She wasn’t a good swimmer but she liked to play around in the water. Thinking about it she was crazy to enter a ship without knowing how to swim. What if it sank? She shivered.

She was being her silly self. Always day dreaming...

She was a dreamer. She dreamed about an amazing man coming into her life. She didn’t want to be saved but she wanted him to protect her and hold her in his arms saying that everything would be fine. She would like it, a companion to fight by her side.

Lily changed clothes and dressed her white bikini. She actually bought one a few years back on sale. She never used it and she wasn’t confident enough to use it, but she could at least wear it. She dressed a white shirt and green shorts and went outside to the deck.

Some couples were near the poll talking and kissing. She avoided them and sat at the edge of the pool. She took off her flip-flops and put her feet on the water.

So relaxing! She closed her eyes feeling the sun kiss her skin while her feet wiggled inside the water.

She heard a splash and opened her eyes again seeing two kids playing around.

She gazed around the poll and her eyes set on a man sitting on a stool at the bar drinking a cocktail. He looked like a kid with a white t-shirt and green shorts. He had a cap on his head and white sunglasses. He was wearing a bag with a pineapples shape. She chuckled. It was so cute. But he had a nice body…She blushed and looked at the water kicking herself mentally.

She wasn’t allowed to let her imagination go wild….but how would he react if she got up from her place and tried to talk with him?! If she was a bold woman she would do that but she wasn’t.

Jinki sipped his cocktail by his straw and looked around the pool. Couples, old ladies looking for young husbands, old husbands with young ladies and normal gold-diggers. He sighed. Rich people was boring. And then he saw this girl alone. She wasn’t wearing brand clothes and she seemed normal. Her brown hair was caught up in a ponytail and she was playing with her feet in the water. He could see her bikini inside her white thsirt and he blushed almost chocking with his drink.

She was different.

He saw a guy approaching her, probably his boyfriend. He was good looking and well-built, nothing like he imagined.

No one goes to a cruise like that alone.

He probably was the only single there.

 

“Hi, beautiful!”

She didn’t notice him right away. No one called her beautiful since she was 5 years old. And only her dad would call her that.

“Are you talking to me?” she looked around her to be sure.

He sat at her side, too near for her taste. Yes she wanted to find a boyfriend someday but she didn’t want guys hitting on her like that.

“Of course I was talking with you! There is no one else around here as beautiful as you…”

“Well…thank you I guess.” She touched her ear, a  nervous tendency she had since she was little.

“You are welcome” He touched her hair that was loose from her ponytail.

She moved away from him and he got closer again.

“So, do you like to swim?”

He asked with his perfect smile looking down at her s.

Ok that was it.

She tried to get up to go away but he put one of his hands like a claw on her bare leg. She blushed embarrassed and angry too and looked back at him.

“So what are you doing here alone?”

She was going to give him one of her answers when the guy from the bar stopped by her side.

“She is not alone! She is with me!”

 

He didn’t know why he did that. Maybe because she looked innocent and not used to be around that kind of people or maybe because he was bored.

He never did something like that, but he was on vacations and he could do whatever he wanted. No press there, no people taking photos for magazines. He could be free from some hours until someone recognizes him.

The girl was red, really red and her eyes were burning. She was furious with the guy and he could understand her.

“Oh really?” the idiot asked releasing her thigh and getting up. “I didn’t know!”

“I see you didn’t!” he was acting like the jealous boyfriend.

Acting on dramas could help you act in real life too. Sometimes that was useful. Not that he was a good actor. He was ok, but what he really wanted to do since forever was singing.

He started on an idol group called SHINee but now they were working solo doing their own projects before getting together once again. The company sent him to do dramas and other radio shows. He was bored. He liked acting and being on shows but his life was singing. He couldn’t wait to release another solo album.

“But everything is fine right?” the man asked looking from her to him “We were just getting to know each other!”

“Jon!” a blond, skinny girl in a red bikini called him from the other side of the pool. She seemed angry with him too. He probably had a lot to explain.

“Oh well bye…” he said before running to her.

Jinki looked at the girl again and offered her his hand.

She looked back at him unimpressed and got up not touching his hand.

“I was fine. I didn’t need your help! You can go back to watching girls walk around in bikinis!” she remarked angry turning her back on him and going away.

He was surprised. He helped her and she was angry at him?! And when was he looking at the girls in bikini?!

 He was only watching his cocktail and…her.

 

She felt bad now. She dressed her blue shorts and a yellow sweater over her bikini and brushed her hair. She was going to search for him during dinner and ask him to forgive her. After all he was just trying to help right?! She was just angry with that man and men in general. They all wanted to play the knight in shining armor and then disappear from your life.

The only man she actually liked was her father. She wished to meet someone like him someday; a good natured, hardworking, dreamer and funny person. Someone with whom she would be able to have a happy life!

Even if they hadn’t money they would have a house filled with laughter.

She walked outside her room and into the restaurant area. She looked around and tried to see him. It was going to be hard since he was wearing sunglasses that morning and beach clothes.

At that moment he entered the room still wearing the same clothes from the afternoon. She knew him. He was famous. He was a singer on a group and he did some dramas. Really nice Lily! Ditching famous people now.

He sat on a free table and opened his pineapple bag looking inside it. 

She saw him smile closing the bag again. He had the most beautiful smile. She almost felt her heart skip a beat. Now she understood why he had so many fans.

She was going to walk to him when someone slapped her.

She felt all eyes on her while she touched her now red cheek.

“! My husband told me everything! You were hitting on him!”

It was the blonde girl from that afternoon.

“I…I didn’t...” she mumbled looking behind the blonde at the idiot who hit on her that afternoon “He was the one that…”

“DON’T! You all want the same! You came on this cruises just looking for !”

“Ya! Wait a minute!” Lily wasn’t the kind of person to be offended and stay put. Her father always told her that it was right to defend yourself when you were innocent. “Your husband was the one who went to talk with me!”

“Oh yeah….put the blame on him !”

“Can you stop calling me that?” Her voice was getting higher and she tried to keep calm.

“!”

Lillie bit her lip when she saw the waiter passing by with a tray full with cakes.

She grabbed one without thinking and rubbed it on the blondes face.

“It’s not my fault that your husband is a bastard!”  She said seeing the blonde girl scream mad at her.

Her father also told her that you should take responsibility for what you did, but you also should know when to retreat gracefully.

So Lily ran away from the blond who went after her screaming and bumping into the tables making all people complain.

She went outside the hall bumping into someone. It was him. The idol!

“This way!” he said grabbing her arm and taking her outside to the cold night.

The sea was a crazy mess and it was raining. They said that there was going to have a tropical storm that night.

She could hear the blonde still screaming.

“Why are you helping me?” she asked while he pulled her.

“I’m not! I’m also running away!” he clenched his teeth smiling back at her.

“What?”

“There was a famous news reporter inside and I don’t want him to see me. I’m so unlucky, why is he here too?!”

They turned a corner and he stopped her pushing her back.

“He is on this side we have to go back!”

She heard the screams of the crazy woman still going after her.

“I can’t! She is going to catch me!”

He looked around pulling her to one of the lifesaving boats and he jumped inside it.

He grabbed her hand and helped her get inside it too. They covered themselves with the fabric protecting the boat from the rain. And waited peeking outside just in time to see their chasers passing by without seeing them.

“uff!” he said relieved looking at her. They were so close to each other and she had her hair wet from the sea breeze and the rain. She was cute. Not stunningly beautiful but cute.

“We should go out now!” she said noticing his wet hair and perfect lips. He was too handsome to handle. If she looked like that she probably could be a singer or an actress too. Most of the idols didn’t have any talent. They were just pretty faces.

“Thank you! This is the second time you save me!”

He smiled at her, his eyes making small wrinkles around them.

“No problem!”

Suddenly the boat shook and she shrieked holding into him with the surprise.

“Sorry…” she whispered releasing his shirt.

Then the boat shook again and they heard the noise of something getting broken followed by them falling and a splash.

“What was this?” she asked touching her chest. She was scared.

He raised the fabric and they saw the ship sailing away and water all around them.

“Oh no!” Onew said before screaming “HELP!”

She started screaming too, but the ship was faster sailing away. The sea didn’t help too, making the boat get more and more far away from the ship.

He opened his bag and took his cellphone. He had no reception.

“No!”

She forgot hers.

“What are we going to do?”

That was 100 times scarier than a crazy blonde. It was all his fault.

He looked back at her.  She was scared and he was too. He didn’t have any bright idea, he was never in a situation like that and his manager was the one always solving his problems.

“I…I don’t know!”

“!” she yelled resting her head on her hands.

She was probably going to cry and he couldn’t do anything to prevent it.

“We should find land!” he said and she looked with her wet eyes back at him.

“HOW? We are in the middle of the sea! We are going to die!”

Her family was the first thing that crossed her mind. She wouldn’t see them again and how would they survive without the money she earned?! It was all her fault because she wanted to have time for her. She was selfish.

“We won’t die! They will come searching for me when they notice that I’m missing.”

“And that is going to happen when?”

“When the ship arrives to land…tomorrow!”

“OH GOOD!” she screamed over the sound of the rain and the wind.

Lightning illuminated the black sky and she screamed scared.

He was going to hold her hand and try to reassure her that everything was going to be fine when a big wave turned the boat around.

He only saw black water around him before he come up for air, breathing hard. He looked around him looking for her but he didn’t saw the girl anywhere.

“Hey!” he didn’t know her name yet. “Where are you?” he screamed.

“Help!” he heard a muffled cry a few meters for him.

She was struggling to keep above water. He swam on her direction, thanking all his swimming classes, and grabbed her.

She didn’t know how to swim well.

She was sure she was going to die when she saw only water around her making her eyes burn. She closed them thinking about her parents a last time.

The sea brought her above and she tried to scream for help, but the water claimed her body down again.

She was almost going to give up, too tired to fight anymore, when she felt two arms holding her and bringing her up.

She opened letting the air enter her lungs and opened her eyes to see him. She didn’t remember his name but he saved her.

“It’s ok, you are safe now!” he whispered holding her to him.

She wasn’t able to say anything because she lost conscious a few minutes late.

Heaven was beautiful. The sky was blue and the clouds looked like cotton candy. It had a beach too, with white sand and blue water.

She sat up on the beach.

She wasn’t in heaven.

 She was alive somewhere.

Lily was on an island. She could hear the birds singing and the wind blowing on the trees behind her.

She was all wet and her leg was scratched with blood but she was alive.

Wait!

“It’s ok, you are safe now!”

Where was he?! She looked around and saw him lying a few meters from her.

She crawled to him. He had his eyes closed and her first thought was that he was dead but his chest was moving showing that he was still breathing.

Her hero! He saved her three times. She had to reward him. She owned her life to him.

Lillie raised her hand to touch his face and wake him up.

She wanted to hear his name.

He heard the sound of applauses and got up on stage. He was going to sing once again. He missed singing. He didn’t sing since the accident. He didn’t remember the accident but he knew it changed who he was.

She was already waiting for him. He was going to ask her something important that night.

He didn’t remember her face but he knew who she was and what she meant to him.

He just needed to take a few steps and get near her but every time he stepped towards her she went more far away from him.

Then he felt someone touch his cheek.

“Wake up!” a sweet voice of an angel said and he opened his eyes blinking.

The first thing he saw was the blue sky, almost mocking the storm from the previous night.

After that he saw brown eyes looking at him. The girl he saved. She was ok, she also survived. He was worried with her. He would never forgive himself if he didn’t save her.

He let the waves take them and he prayed that something would save them. She passed out in his arms when the lightning illuminated the island. He tried to swim there with her in his arms and he did it. He was so exhausted he just let the waves take them to the beach.

“We are alive…” She said still with her hand in his cheek.

He blinked his eyes still confused and she took her hand away quickly, blushing.

“Thank you! You saved me! “ She sat by his side when he sat up. “I’m Lily!”

“Hi!”

“What’s your name?”

“You don’t know me?”

“I do…but I don’t remember your name! Sorry!”

“On…” he changed his mind. “Jinki!”

“Jinki, thank you! I owe you my life!”

She smiled with her face filled with sand and her hair all wet and messed up. He probably looked like that too. His cordi noonas would get crazy if they saw him looking like that.

He nodded and looked around.

She knew what he was thinking. Probably the same thing that was making her heart hurt.

How where they going to get the hell out of there?

First: I dont know anything about ships and boats and all that stuff so dont kill me! XD 

Relax and enjoy the story!

Comments make me happy! :)