Chapter 6

Mission TO-GET-HER

Kyuhyun who dressed nicely while holding a box of chocolate with a bouquet of flowers walked slowly as he was immersed in his own thought. Shindong’s story about Soojung’s love story kept playing in his head. For some reason, he felt uneasy.

 

Kyuhyun : They broke up when Minwoo sunbae joined the professional team. Which means it was 2 years ago. That means, she had closed her heart since then. That’s a long time.

 

 Without he realized, he had arrived in front of the house where he saw Soojung yesterday. Then, he saw an unfamiliar man struggling to open the door of the house while shouting crazily.

 

“Soojung-ah! Open the door or I’ll break it! I’m not joking! I’m going to do it for real!” shouted the man. Kyuhyun approached the man and grabbed his hand.

 

“Stop it or I’ll break your leg for sure!” warned Kyuhyun with a serious look.

“Who are you?” asked the man.

“What’s you relation with Soojung? Are you his boyfriend?” asked Kyuhyun without answering the question.

“Yes, I am. Does that have anything to do with you?”

“What a joke” said Kyuhyun as he pulled the man’s hand behind his back, locking his arm. The man screamed in pain.

“Let go of me!”

“What will you do if I let you go? Will you stop disturbing my girl?”

“Your girl? Yaah! Jung Soojung is my girl and no one can have her if I can’t!”

“Oh yeah? But I have her already. What should I do?” said Kyuhyun as he pulled the man harder to the wall.

“Just wait! You’ll regret for messing with me! Jung Soojung is not yours!!! Soojung-ah! You can’t do this to me” the man shouted again. Annoyed by the man’s action, Kyuhyun punched him on the face.

“A man should protect the girl he loves. You claimed that you loved her, but all you do is scared her. Do you think that’s a true love? Stop scaring your loved ones, be a man and make her feel safe!” Kyuhyun exploded.

“If I saw you doing this again, I’ll make sure you regret it for your whole life” he continued. The man felt guilty and he ran away.

 

Kyuhyun stood there for a moment, thinking back about the things he said “A man should protect the girl he loves”

 

Kyuhyun : I’m in no place to say such thing to him.

 

He looked at the chocolate and flowers that he brought.

 

Kyuhun : What’s all this? What am I doing this for? I’m trying to fool her. It’s all because of a bet. I, as a man, shouldn’t be doing this. I’m no better than that guy!

 

A few second later, soojung opened the door. Kyuhyun was taken aback and tried to hide his chocolate and the flowers but Soojung saw it.

 

Kyuhyun : I’m just passing by and.. I saw that guy trying to disturb you so…

Soojung : Thanks. I was so scared and I was about to call the police and suddenly I heard your voice.

Kyuhyun : Are you… alright?

 

Soojung nodded.

 

Kyuhyun : Glad you’re okay. So.. I’ll leave now.

Soojung : How bout a cup of tea? I just wanna thank you.

 

Kyuhyun shook his head and refuse the offer politely with a smile before he left. Soojung watched Kyuhyun’s back view as he walked away.

 

Soojung : What bet was he talking about? And, what’s with the chocolate and flowers?

 

Kyuhyun took out his phone from his pocket and dialled Leeteuk’s number.

 

Kyuhyun : Leeteuk-ah, can we meet? I’ll wait at the playground.

Leeteuk : Okay, I’ll be there in 15 minutes.

 

Kyuhyun sat on a swing. He put the chocolate and the flower on the ground. A few minutes later, Leeteuk arrived.

 

Leeteuk : Are you going somewhere? Why you are all dressed up?

Kyuhyun : I’m not going to do it.

Leeteuk : Do what?

Kyuhyun : The bet. I can’t do it.

Leeteuk : Why? Has something happened?

Kyuhyun : I went to see her just now and I saw a man disturbing and threatening her. He claimed that he loved her. Seeing that makes me furious and I said something that I’ve never thought of.

Leeteuk : And what is it that you said?

Kyuhyun : I said.. a man should protect the girl he loves. He should be a man and make her feel safe.

Leeteuk : How do you feel about it?

Kyuhyun : I feel like I’m no better than that guy. Fooling her just for a petty bet… I feel so bad. For some reason, I feel like I should be the one to protect her… I’ll do the punishment. When should I do it?

 

Leeteuk smirked upon listening to Kyuhyun and stood up.

 

Leeteuk : Let’s do it later, I’ll tell the boys later so keep it a secret until then.