Chapter 12

Mission TO-GET-HER

“How are things going?” Amber asked Leeteuk on the phone.

“What happened? She’s not here yet,” said Leeteuk.

“She’s not there? I swear I saw her walked there when I left her at the intersection,” said Amber.

“But she’s not here,” said Leeteuk.

 

Kyuhyun : I’m going out for a while.

Leeteuk : Wait, wait. Where are you going?

Kyuhyun : I’m out of ramen, so I’m going to buy some.

 

“Wait, I’ll call you back later,” Leeteuk hung up on Amber.

 

Leeteuk : Do you have to buy it now?

Kyuhyun : What?

Leeteuk : Ah, nothing. Hurry and go buy the ramen.

 

Kyuhyun opened the door to go out but then he saw Soojung nearby her house talking to a familiar looking man. He studied the man’s face and figure and found out it was Minwoo. Both of them seemed to have a deep, serious conversation. Kyuhyun closed the door and go to his room ignoring Leeteuk who was looking at him confusedly.

 

“Ya! You said you wanna buy some ramen,” asked Leeteuk but Kyuhyun answered Leeteuk’s question by slamming the door.

 

“What’s wrong with that guy?” Leeteuk monologue to himself and went to see what’s outside by peeking through the window. After he saw the thing that make Kyuhyun react that way, he picked up his phone and dialed Amber’s phone number.

 

“Hello,” said Amber as soon as she picked up her phone.

“What’s he doing here?” asked Leeteuk in disbelief.

“Who are you talking about?”

“Mi-Minwoo sunbae, what’s he doing here?”

“Minwoo-oppa? He’s here?”

“Kyuhyun was about to go out, but he didn’t because he saw Soojung talking with Minwoo sunbae. They’re here near Kyuhyun’s house” Leeteuk explained.

“What? Kyuhyun-oppa saw them together? This can’t be real!” Both Leeteuk and Amber are clueless. They have no idea what to do with such an unexpected situation.

 

“Soojung-ah” the voice came from the opposite road. Soojung turned her head and look at the direction where the voice was coming from.

“Mi-Minwoo oppa?”

“It’s really you” said Minwoo, smiling.

“Wh-What are doing here? Aren’t you in US?” Soojung still can’t believe her eyes.

“You must have not read the articles about me. That’s right, why would you care for a jerk like me,” said Minwoo, regretful.

“I took a break for a month to come here. I’ve think about this a lot. Firstly, I’m sorry.. for being such a jerk to you. Will you forgive me?” said Minwoo almost begging.

“I’ve forgotten it long time ago.. and” Soojung didn’t get to finish her words when Minwoo cut off her.

“Would you go to the US with me? I want to start over things with you. After being there for so long, I realized that I really need you”

“Oppa, I’ll forgive you.. but.. That’s all I can do,” said Soojung.

“Don’t lie to yourself Jung Soojung. You still haven’t forgotten me yet, right? You still have feelings for me, right? Why are being like this!” said Minwoo, slightly raised his voice.

“Listen.. Yes, I haven’t forgotten you yet. But now only I realized why would I torturing myself, remembering you, when you’re the one who dumped me. Why would I still have feelings for a jerk like you?” said Soojung while holding back her tears.

“Look, Soojung-ah, I’m sorry. I know I shouldn’t have done that. But, that’s why I’m here. I wanna apologize to you. I’m not going back to US if you’re not coming with me,” said Minwoo.

“Was it you in my dream?” Soojung mumbled her words.

“Huh?”

“Why now you come? Why are you playing with my feelings? Why are making me miserable?” Soojung hit Minwoo’s chest for a few time. Minwoo grabbed Soojung’s hand and hugged her.

“Soojung-ah, I’m sorry. I really am sorry. I swear I won’t do it again” he was still hugging Soojung with his eyes closed. After a bit moment, he loosens his hug. Soojung seems out of her body.

“What’s wrong, Soojung-ah?” Minwoo asked, concerned.

“Ah? It’s nothing. Oppa, I need some time to think,” said Soojung.

“Okay, let me take you home,” said Minwoo.

“No, it’ okay. I wanna be alone,”

“If that’s what you want then. Take care!”

 

Amber saw Soojung passed by her house and ran after her.

 

“Soojung-ah!” shouted Amber. Soojung doesn’t seem to hear Amber’s voice. Amber grabbed Soojung shoulder which makes her startled.

“What’s wrong? Why are you here? Did you met with Minwoo-oppa?” asked Amber.

“How did you know that? You already knew he’s here? Why didn’t you tell me?” Soojung shouted at Amber.

“I knew he’s coming back here but I didn’t know that he’s already here,” said Amber.

 

Soojung stared at Amber with tears in her eyes.

 

“Why? What did he say?” asked Amber.

“I wanna be alone,” said Soojung, ignoring Amber’s question.