Chapter 9

Mission TO-GET-HER

“Ah!!”

 

Kyuhyun and Soojung was walking around the amusement park when they suddenly startled by a loud scream of a group of girls. It came from a haunted house behind them.

 

“Would you like to give it a try?” asked Soojung.

“No, I’m fine,” said Kyuhyun. He maintained his calm look but deep inside, his heart is beating crazily at the thought of entering the haunted house.

“I’ve always wanted to go in there but I never get the chance,” said Soojung. She did seem a little disappointed; her eyes were fixed on the ground.

“Let’s go,” said Kyuhyun. Soojung took a step forward but Kyuhyun grabbed her hand and pull her to the opposite direction.

“Where are we going?” asked Soojung. Kyuhyun pointed to the haunted house

“You said you wanted to go in there”

 

This time, Soojung is the one who grabbed Kyuhyun’s hand to the haunted house. In fact, she was practically dragging him there.

 

Once they entered the haunted house, Soojung pulled herself closer to Kyuhyun, scared of what kind of ghost might appear in front of her. They took a step forward slowly.

 

“Huh!” Kyuhyun groaned when he felt something cold touched his hand. Soojung looked at her nervously and he tried to maintain his calmness. He wiped off his cold sweat on his forehead.

 

“Ppakk!!”

 

A human-like doll fell in front of them followed by Soojung’s scream. She was so frightened and took a few steps backward while dragging Kyuhyun along with her.

 

“You’re easily scared but why did you want to go here?” asked Kyuhyun.

“Look who’s talking. Shut up and just walk!” said Soojung.

 

A few steps after that, a hand grabbed Soojung’s leg. She screamed, jumped and without her realizing, she hugged Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun is more shocked at Soojung rather than the ghosts. He just stood there, stiff. A few seconds later, he realized that Soojung was crying.

 

“Ya! Are you crying?” asked Kyuhyun. He pushed Soojung gently and wiped her tears away.

“Don’t cry. Everything’s gonna be okay. Soojung-ah, I’m here right beside you. Stop crying. I’ll take you out from here. Let’s go” said Kyuhyun.

 

Soojung held Kyuhyun’s hand tightly. They entered a room to go to the exit door. There were many kind of ghost placed in the room. Soojung hid her face behind Kyuhyun. They walked beside a coffin where a vampire was lying in it.

 

Then, the vampire snarled before he suddenly opened his eyes and jumped out of the coffin which startled both Kyuhyun and Soojung. Soojung pulled Kyuhyun’s hand and ran out of the haunted house.

 

Soojung sat on a bench, still sobbing. Kyuhyun approached her, holding two sticks of ice cream and gave one to Soojung.

 

“Have this and calm down” said Kyuhyun as he sat beside Soojung. He let out a small giggles.

“I know I look stupid. Just laugh all you want” said Soojung.

“No, you don’t,” said Kyuhyun. He stopped giggling and looked straight at Soojung.

“But why did you insist of going in there?”

“There’s someone I know who loves going in the haunted house. He always asked me to go in there with him but I’m too scared. People always regret things when it’s already too late”

“Still can’t forget him?” asked Kyuhyun. Soojung didn’t answer but instead, she stared at Kyuhyun.

“Ah, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to…” Kyuhyun didn’t get to finish his words when Soojung suddenly cut in.

“That’s okay. It was all in the past. You know that feeling when we suddenly wanted to say something to someone but there was no one to talk with? I feel relieved after saying that to you” said Soojung.

“Later, if you want someone to talk with, you can come to me. I’ll always be there for you” Kyuhyun mumbled his words.

“Are you saying something? Sorry, I didn’t hear you”

“Nothing” said Kyuhyun as he showed off his angelic smile.

 

“There you are. Where have you been?” suddenly Leeteuk and the rest of the boys and the girls appeared in front of them.

“Ya! Where did you go? We’ve been looking for everywhere and none of you answered our calls” Kyuhyun replied.

“What are you guys doing? Are you eating the ice cream or melting it?” said Victoria when she saw both Kyuhyun’s and Soojung’s ice cream melting. Kyuhyun and Soojung looked at their ice cream and laughed.

“So you guys had gotten closer, huh?” said Heechul while laughing. Kyuhyun looked at him suspiciously.

“Why do I get this feeling… the feeling that you guys are doing this on purpose?” said Kyuhyun.

 

Amber looked at the others helplessly before letting out an awkward laugh.

 

Amber  : What did you guys do earlier?

Soojung : We went into the haunted house.

Hangeng : We?

Soojung : Yes, we. We went in together.

Yesung : Kyuhyun, aren’t you scared of ghosts?

Kyuhyun : Ayy, shh..

Soojung : He is? But, he doesn’t seem that scared.

Kyuhyun : Seeing you getting scared.. I..Ahh, never mind!

Soojung : What? What did I do?

 

Soojung started playing with Kyuhyun. Pinching and elbowing him. Leeteuk smiled seeing the two of them had become closer.