Fog Yuri

If She Owned The Weather

 

 

 

Everyday, everytime, so hidden. No one truly knowing her. 
It's a life she regrets most of the time. Not having anyone as most do, one to know her inside and out. And it's not that she puts up walls. It's just that she uses fog.
Hiding her feelings and her thoughts. No one trully understanding her. And perhaps that's because she doesn't want to be understood. It's always foggy in the cold mornings. Just like today.

Yuri woke up. Not woken up by the sun's rays as those couldn't even exist due to the grey cover of clouds on the sky. She woke up because of her cellphone. It rang and rang. She picked it up.

It was Sooyoung telling her she was coming back to the city. And she didn't even bother to call, she just sent a text. Busy are we Sooyoung?
Yuri sighed. She got up from her bed and messed around with her morning hair. She opened the curtains.
Lovely...
Fog.

Yuri sighed once again. It was not okay...lately all she has been doing is sighing at everything.
What was Yuri needing? She has a faint idea...someone would be nice. But men these days are such jerks, Yuri's mother sent her on couple of blind dates but it sure didn't work. Most of the guys were weird or jerks. She doesn't want to marry a weirdo or a jerk. Not even a jerk with money like the last one she met.
What was his name? Lee Je Hoon. 
Not going to work. Was the words she told him. He told her that they should try again, his phone calls and texts have been coming. Yuri has just been ignoring them.

She wasn't about to marry someone for money. Strangely marriages with love as a cause have only been happening since two centuries ago.
Before it would be Yuri's family to decide who she was or wasn't marrying.
She sighed again as she grabbed a glass and took the milk out of the fridge. Milk was stragely the only thing on the frigde. There wasn't anything else.
And, she needed to go shopping. Aish!

Yuri drank the milk on the glass before stepping inside the bathroom, to take a shower and washup. Luckily today is weekend. Meaning? A day in which Yuri did nothing out of the ordinary. She would probably go to the supermarket, then she would come home, she would call Taeyeon and tell her to come watch a movie, then she would bring out a big tub of ice cream that she would share with the short girl.

In the end all they would do, would be watching some romantic comedy, eat the ice cream and sigh at how miserable their love life was...Sad.

Yuri walked out of her apartment with her car keys in hand. She got inside the car and drove to the supermarket.

She got inside the supermarket, grabbed one of the baskets and went around the aisles. Then it happened, when she was least expecting it.
It was her, she was sure it was her. She hadn't seen her in years but one tends to never forget their first love. 

And yes as weird as it may sound, Yuri's first love wasn't a guy...but a girl.
Oh, she remembered the days in which all she wanted was for that girl to look her way, to just make her happy.
Yuri looked at her from afar. The girl was checking the apples and some other fruits.

She wanted to go there and talk to her, she did. But what would she say? After all these years?
Yuri just shook her head and dispelled her thoughts, she would just pass by, pretending not to have noticed her.
As Yuri walked past the girl who was too concentrated on the fruits to notice her. She couldn't help it, she couldn't help but have a glance at the girl's face. She was so beautiful. But unfotunately for Yuri the girl noticed her. She turned around and looked at Yuri's face. Yuri stood frozen on her place. She couldn't move in front of the beauty of the girl.

-"Aren't you...? Excuse me but, is your name Kwon Yuri?" The girl asked.

-"N-Yes" Yuri said.

"Oh who am I kidding..." Yuri thought.

-"Jessica Jung...don't you remember me? You were my classmate in high school, and you were..." Jessica was saying.

-"My best friend..." Jessica said.

-"Jessica? I remember you of course, but...I thought you went to the US" Yuri said.

"I didn't think, I know you went, you have no idea, how much I cried on that day"  Yuri thought.

 

 

-"Ah, well I came back, I kind missed it here" Jessica said.

-"That and...I've been looking for you all over the place" Jessica said.

-"For me?" Yuri asked not understanding.

-"Yes for you, I wanted to see you again, I missed Korea and from Korea what I missed the most was...you" Jessica said.

-"I missed you too, in a way" Yuri said.

-"Say why don't we go have dinner tonight? It's on me, for old times sake" Jessica said.
 

-"Okay, sure" Yuri said.

-"Good, I'll pick you up at 8:00, I'll give you my number" Jessica said as she asked Yuri's phone.

Jessica put her number in Yuri's phone while Yuri did the same on Jessica's.
She blushed as she pressed the keys...she was so embarassed just seeing her again.

Yuri left the supermarket. No she didn't do any shopping her encounter with Jessica had totally drained her energies...she was completly exausted even though she didn't do much. Yuri walked back to her apartment and ordered something. She then grabbed her phone and called Taeyeon.

-"Taeng, I need to talk to you" Yuri said as she heard her picking up.

-"Sure what's up?" Taeyeon answered.

Taeyeon had been Yuri's friend since middle school, their families knew each other, they were childhood friends. So Taeyeon knew abou the whole Jessica crush thing.

-"Sica's back in town" Yuri said.

-"Who? Wait, what?!" Taeyeon said surprised.

-"Sica? You mean Jessica Jung? When?" Taeyeon said.

-"I have no idea, I met her at the supermarket today...small world huh?" Yuri said.

-"That and...I aparently have a dinner"

-"For real?" Taeyeon asked.

-"Yes, she invited me for dinner and said it was for "Old times sake" " Yuri said as she made quotation marks in the air.

-"Old times sake huh? The old times where you would blush if she even touched you?" Taeyeon said.

-"No, but hear this, she said that the thing she missed most about Korea was...me?" Yuri said.

A strange silence fell...

-"Maybe she likes you Yul" Taeyeon said.

-"What?! That's impossible" Yuri said.

-"I smell love~~" Taeyeon said.

-"Aish" Yuri said as she hung up the phone.

Does Jessica really like her? For real? If that's so...does Yuri still like her? Yep she does...no doubt about it, just thinking about having dinner with her and the butterflies were uncontrolable. Aish...

Yuri paced back and forth, she didn't know what she would do.
She needs to tell her, yes, yes, telling her is the best she could do. She failed to tell her the truth all those years ago but today she wouldn't fail. She would just tell Jessica that she loved her.

 

 

Hours later


After spending the whole day pacing back and forth and even using the internet as a way of inspiration, it was finally time for Yuri to tell Jessica the truth about her feelings.
Her doorbell rang. Yuri looked at herself in the mirror.
She opened the door right after.

-"Hey" Jessica said as she waved a hand and was absolutely stunned afterwards. As she looked at Yuri.

-"You look...dazzling" Jessica said.

-"Oh...thank you, you look beautiful too" Yuri said nervously.

She mentally slapped herself after saying that.

-"Are you nervous?" Jessica asked.

-"What? No, of course not, why would I be nervous?" Yuri said.

-"Okay..." Jessica said as she smiled.

Yuri was looking so cute all nervous and flustered.

Yuri and Jessica got out of the apartment and went downstairs, they went into the car. Jessica was driving.
Throughout the ride, they shared about how their lives had changed throughout the years. Jessica was now working in her father's company, while Yuri had been working with Sooyoung.

-"Sooyoung? You're still friends with her? How is she?" Jessica asked.

-"You know that...Sooyoung hates you right?" Yuri said.

-"Really? Still, that was some teen feud, does she have to prolong it throughout the years?" Jessica said.

-"You obviously don't know Sooyoung" Yuri said.

-"I didn't know she was childish" Jessica said.

Yuri looked sternly at her.

-"Okay...sorry" Jessica said.

-"Anyways, here we are" Jessica said as she stopped the car.

It was a beautiful western styled restaurant near the park. It looked quite luxurious and expensive.
Yuri was feeling ever more nervous.


Jessica and Yuri ate as they talked about the past and the present. Yuri would ocasionally steal glances at Jessica. She looked so beautiful, the years only made her more stunning than she already was. 

-"Do I have something on my face?" Jessica asked innocently.

-"Uh?Oh...No...you don't, I'm sorry" Yuri said.

-"Oh...okay" Jessica said.

Yuri mentally facepalmed.

-"Jessica...the truth is that I have something to tell you..." Yuri said nervously.

-"When you left, I was broken, I remember you, I remember you all too well and maybe that's my problem..." Yuri said.

-"I could never remember you, because I never forgot you, you were always....here" Yuri said as she put a hand on her left side.

-"I...I'm sorry, I should leave, I'm sorry for embarassing you" Yuri said as she noticed the tables beside them peer at them.

Jessica got up and ran after Yuri. 
Yuri walked outside. It was night already but even so the fog was still peering around the city.
Jessica went outside and looked for Yuri. Suddenly a street lamp lit up at the end of the street. There she was.
Jessica ran after her and grabbed her wrist...

-"Finish..." Jessica said.

-"What?" Yuri asked.

-"Finish what you were saying..." Jessica said with a serious look on her face.

-"I...I...love you Jessica, I've always loved you ever since high school. I know it may sound weird but..." Yuri was saying but her lips were sealed as Jessica kissed her.

-"Please just shut up" Jessica said as she kissed Yuri again.

-"I missed you Yuri as a friend, but...I want you as a lover" Jessica said as she kissed Yuri's neck.

Jessica extended her arm and called out.

-"Taxi!" They both went inside the car.

Jessica telling the man the adress.


That's how Jessica knew, that if she owned it.

If she owned the weather....

Yuri would be the reason behind the fog.

Trying to hide, trying to confuse, appearing on cold days, but dissipating ever so easily with a ray of sunshine.

 

 

THE END