Summer Drizzle Yoona

If She Owned The Weather

 

 

 

Falling ever so gently and unexpectedly.
Appearing when most of us aren't actually expecting it...
The summer drizzle, for some it's annoying and misfortunous but for others, it's a cleanse of not only their body but their soul. Because as crazy as it may seem there are people in the world who enjoy a good walk in the rain. But drizzle isn't rain...

Coincidentally it was in one of these so unexpected and cleasing, sudden drizzles that she met her.
A girl as gentle and unexpected as the said drizzle.
She now looks to her side on the bench she's sitting on the small porch of her house. The sea and the sand are extending so further and shining so brightly it seems like a dream. But it's not a dream. Just beside her, she's right there the girl who she met on that fateful day, on an unexpected summer drizzle.

She can remember that day like it was just yesterday.
Choi Sooyoung was never a Summer person. She hated the heat. But truth is that when she needed a break from her life in the city, the first destination she took was the family vacation house by the beach. She facepalmed as she put the phone down finishing the conversation with her mother. She looked around. Although the house was old it was still in good shape and it was actually pleasant and confortable.

Sooyoung walked towards the kitchen. She had just the appliances and she didn't have any food. She had just arrived and it was indeed lunch time. No...you're not understanding. This is Choi Sooyoung, she does not have food and it's lunch time...now do you know how terrible that is? The whole bloody earth could be destroyed if she didn't get any food in the next 30 mins.
Sooyoung giggled at her own thoughts and grabbed her car keys. She looked at her hand. She smiled and put the car keys back on their place. This is a small town why waste gas? She could walk...

Or so she thought, unfortunately it seemed life in the big city had made Sooyoung quite unfit for such a task.
She was dying as she went inside the small coffee shop. A coffee shop?
Sooyoung looked around. This was a coffee shop...and then there is most certainly a bookstore....
A girl came to Sooyoung.

-"Hello" The girl said.

-"May I help you?"She said.

-"Yes, do you have a food menu?" Sooyoung asked.

-"We have a small restaurant at the second floor"The girl said.

-"Oh...weird" Sooyoung said.

-"Well it's a bit awkward but we are the only such business around here. Don't worry you'll love our menu"The girl said as she had Sooyoung follow her upstairs.

Sooyoung sat by one of the tables by the window. The view was amazing...you could see the shore and the sea. And the beach right there. Woah it looked amazing.

Sooyoung ordered and was served quickly and efficiently by the small waitress who had now become her friend. She was quite cheerful. Her name was Kim Yura and she was also from Seoul this here was her uncle's business and she was helping out through the summer.

Sooyoung paid the bill and said her goodbyes to her new found friend...
And right there, at the moment she left that same restaurant, that's when it happened, that's when she met this girl who's now beside her.

Sooyoung left the restaurant and now with her stomach filled, she was feeling in a good mood, she walked back to her house with a slight grin on her face as she apreciated the scenery around her. Suddenly Sooyoung felt a drop of water falling right on her neck.
She looked up. The sky seemed fine...where did that come from?
Sooyoung walked for a while more and again a droplet fell. She looked up.
And it was then...drizzling. Ever so gently, not even droplets they could be called. Sooyoung took some cover under a small house's entrance. The road was completly devoid of people. Or maybe not...

It was then, she was walking, with a big grin on her face and humming some kind of sweet noted song in her mind, she walked through the drizzle and it seemed that it was without a care in the world. On her hand a small baby blue umbrella could be seen, but she wasn't using it. Even so, how could Sooyoung care about the umbrella, the girl was simply beautiful and her smile was completly angelic, if Sooyoung wasn't seeing her she would've said she was a produce of her mind.

-"Don't you get some cover?"Sooyoung asked.

The girl suddenly stopped. The grin she had momentarily left as she looked at the person talking to her.
She saw Sooyoung covering herself from the drizzle under an entrance. She walked up to Sooyoung.

-"Why would I? It's refreshing, don't you enjoy it?"She said.

-"No, after the heat, summer drizzles are what I hate the most about the summer" Sooyoung said.

-"You hate the summer? Why? It's such a beautiful and carefree season"The girl said.

-"I'm open minded, I could change my mind if something gave me reasons to" Sooyoung said smiling.

-"Can I give you those reasons?"The girl said.

-"Sure, just do me one favor. Use that umbrella" Sooyoung said.

The girl opened the umbrella and gave it to Sooyoung.

-"You use it, I like it here" The girl said.

-"Very well. Miss?" Sooyoung said.

-"Yoona, Im Yoona" She said.

-"You have a beautiful name" Sooyoung said.

-"I know" Yoona said as she laughed.

Sooyoung and Yoona walked back to the coffee shop. They sat on one of the tables. And Sooyoung still remembers how they endlessly talked about the summer and about themselves, she still remembers as if it was yesterday that at the end of the day, it seemed like she had known Im Yoona all her life.

They kept seeing each other throughout the whole summer their relationship and friendship developing. Yoona was actually a local, she lived here and worked at the bookstore adjacent to Yura's coffee shop. Somehow Yoona worked at a place that really suited her.
Sooyoung's feelings for Yoona had grown, perhaps more than she was expecting, soon the summer would be over and Sooyoung would have to be back to Seoul, back to the noisy and busy city. Sooyoung hung up the phone furiously.
She shook her head and looked at her cellphone. She dialed Yoona's number. She picked up.

-"Do you mind coming to my place?"Sooyoung asked.

-"No, not at all" Yoona said.

-"I'll be right there" Yoona answered.

Yoona didn't live far, about 2 mins walking. In no time she was there.

Sooyoung had Yoona follow her to the small porch on the back, they sat side by side on the bench there.
The sun was bright, the sand and sea looked amazing.
Sooyoung looked Yoona in the eye.

-"I know that this may sound unexpected but...I love you" Sooyoung said.

Yoona looked at Sooyoung surprised.

-"I love you because you're amazing Im Yoona, you're gentle, you're kind, you're cute, you're beautiful...and you were unexpected" Sooyoung said.

-"I love you too, I can't deny it Sooyoung, but...I know you have to go away, the summer is ending and soon you have to go back to the city, telling me this is only torturing me, I can't love you across the distance..." Yoona said as she was saddened.

-"You were better off not telling me" Yoona said as she looked down and fidgeted with her fingers.

-"I'm not going anywhere, I quit my job...I'm staying here" Sooyoung said as she smiled.

Yoona looked up at Sooyoung.

-"Why did you do that? Why would you ruin your life because of me? No, no don't do that Sooyoung" Yoona said as she hugged Sooyoung.

-"I'm not ruining my life, I'm improving it, just by you being here with me is a massive accomplishment, I love you Im Yoona, I'll always love you, I'll be here with you" Sooyoung said.

Yoona looked deeply into Sooyoung's eyes and kissed her, she smiled as they kissed, an unexpected love.

Yoona had fallen asleep and leaned her head on Sooyoung's shoulder as they talked and watched the scenery.
Sooyoung suddenly stopped recalling the events of the summer that had ended just a few minutes ago. Right beside her, was her love, her unexpected love. Suddenly a droplet fell, Sooyoung gently woke up Yoona who opened her eyes to see the sea and the sand of the beach be covered by an unexpected element. A summer drizzle.

Yoona smiled at Sooyoung and ran towards the beach, Sooyoung ran after her and caught her, they fell and rolled in the sand. Yoona on top of Sooyoung, they kissed passionately and deeply.

Sooyoung knows. Inside of her she knows...that if this girl owned it...
If she onwed the weather
Im Yoona would be the reason behind the summer drizzle...falling ever so gently and ever so unexpectedly...

 

 

 

THE END