Sunshine Sunny

If She Owned The Weather

 

 

 

Lee Sunkyu or Sunny as she nicknamed herself was a young girl. Working part time as a delivery girl to pay her studies. Everyday was...fun but also harsh sometimes. But for Jessica Jung, Sunny was simply what her name trully suggests. A ray of sunshine. That's why she kept ordering...and that's why she kept coming to her door step. She always asked her the same thing. And with a smile she always answered the same.

-"When are you gonna stop ordering?" Sunny asked her always with a smile as she signed the paper.

-"When you stop working" Jessica said.

 

Sunny always smiled and giggled at her.

And she always kept a serious expression when she said it. That's why Sunny was always a bit intrigued. How could she say that with a serious face. Like...
Like she wants her to stay. Sunny knows she has always sensed that from Jessica. Her eyes would sometimes be almost pleading. Sunny must say that...it's not like she doesn't want to stay one day...but then what happens? That's the question that bounced around in her mind.

What happens then?
And that's also the question that went on Jessica's mind. She fell in love with Sunny since the first day she came. Sunny...
She was...something else. And Jessica's heart couldn't lie, she loved Sunny, she wanted Sunny to stay, she wanted to open that door and have the girl come inside. But...even if she accepted her love, if they started dating? What then?
 

And that's how this situation had came to happen...
Jessica was looking at Sunny. A box with food in her hand.
She looked deep inside her eyes, neither of them moving.
 

-"Do you wanna co-" Jessica was saying,

-"Yes!" Sunny answered.

 

Jessica stepped aside and opened the door. Sunny for the first time stepped inside the apartment.

 

-"Come here" Jessica said as she walked with Sunny to the kitchen.

She put what she delivered on top of the counter.
Her eyes just kept going back to her eyes.
And soon...

Jessica stepped closer to Sunny. Sunny stepped back until the counter stopped her. She leaned back but the cabinet stopped her head.
Jessica had never been this close, they had never been this close. It was always stolen glances and secretive smiles.

-"I'm tired of this" Jessica said.

-"Of what?" Sunny asked.

-"Of pretending" Jessica said as she kissed Sunny.

Sunny put her arms around Jessica and kissed her back. She couldn't lie, she couldn't hide that she wanted this to happen that she was hoping for this to happen.

-"Will you stay?" Jessica asked.

-"Yes" Sunny answered.
 

Sunny was all she wanted, Sunny was what soothed her soul. 

And that's when Jessica knew. That's when she was sure, that if she owned the weather...
Sunny would be the reason behind the Sunshine. Coming ever so bright and ever so soothing.

 

 

THE END