Chapter 30

Dream

They sat around the table with Ji-Eun´s mother, father and aunt joyfully eating steamed pork with vegetables bossam.

“So where did you guys go today?” her mother asked them.

“Well… we went to a coffee shop, bowling and then to an ice cream shop” Ji-Eun said smiling to her mom.

“And we rocked in bowling especially Ji-Eun, even doe she´s got her leg like that, she was still able to strike” Keiko said to Ji-Eun´s mom while smiling at Ji-Eun.

“I´m glad you girls had a lot of fun” Ji-Eun´s mother said to both of them as the aunt turned around to Ji-Eun and said with concern “But next time don´t go bowling with your leg like that, you could have hurt yourself”

“I know, I won´t do it again” she said to her aunt. After both of them finished eating it was already 8 o´clock, so Ji-Eun looked at her parents and said “I´ve finished eating so I´m going to my bedroom”

“Ok, sweetie” her mother said to her as Ji-Eun and Keiko went back to her bedroom.

Both of them slumped on to the bed sighing “It was fun” Keiko said to her.

Lee Ji-Eun´s POV

“Yeah…” I said to her as Keiko slightly lifted up, lying her head on her hand saying “By the way that Min Hyuk boy was really cute”

“I knew you found him cute” I said to her giggling.

“How did you know?” she asked me as I looked at her and said smiling “Because every time you like someone, you get all flustered”

“Really?” she asked me not wanting to believe it.

“Yeah really” I said laughing.

“But you know putting me aside… You like that Lee Hong Ki boy don´t you?” she asked me smiling.

“Yeah…” I admitted it to her as I looked at the ceiling.

“You can tell that he also likes you” she said to me smiling as I then looked at her and said “If only that were true”

“What do you mean?” she asked me as I lifted myself up and sat with my legs crossed on the bed saying “All that thing of him showing like he cares… it´s all acting”

“Wait, I don´t get it” Keiko said to me looking all confused.

“We made a deal during the beginning of the school that I would be his fake girlfriend and in exchange he would help me with my vocals. But then later he got upset with me and broke the deal off and then the other day at the hospital he said that he would help me with my vocals again” I explained to her.

“Really? But he really looked like he cared about you” she said to me.

“He only cares about me as a friend not as a girlfriend, although the other day I thought he was going to kiss me at the hospital” I said to her as she then looked at me and said “You know what I think?”

“What?” I asked her.

“I think that in the middle of the deal you guys made he ended up really falling for you” she said to me looking serious. “That´s absurd” I said to her as she then asked me “Ok, then why did he break off the deal?”

“Because he thought I was cheating on him with Min Hyuk” I explained to her as she then looked at me and said “There you go! If he didn´t really like you he wouldn´t have cared about you hanging around Min Hyuk, practically he was jealous”

“I don´t think so” I said to her as she turned to me and said “And I also think that when he said that he would help you with your singing again, he was trying to say that he wanted you back but as his real girlfriend”

“That´s impossible there is no way that he could have meant that, besides he never said anything about me being his real girlfriend” I said to her as she slumped back on the pillow saying “You´re really slow”

Nobody´s POV

After that they spent the rest of the weekend at home playing games and watching the dramas they so much liked, together in the living room. It was really fun for them. Ji-Eun and Keiko spent the day laughing in joy and remembering the funny moments that had accrued in Japan.

When it was already 7 p.m. Ji-Eun’s father took Keiko to the airport.

“Bye, I´ll miss you” Ji-Eun said to her smiling as Keiko hugged her saying “I´ll miss you too”

Keiko then walked away with her bag towards the plane.

“Come on, let´s go Ji-Eun” her father said to her as he drove her back home.

Ji-Eun tired from playing around all day, lays herself in bed, hugging her pillow and thinking about what Keiko had said to her. “That´s impossible” She shook her head and tried to fall asleep.