{3}

Overnight

***
It's always nice to try new things

***

( Italics are thoughts)

Hyeju continued to doodle in her notebook as the teacher continued his teaching up front. Hyeju was never the brightest in the class and she had no intention of changing that. She was pretty satisfied with her marks and she never let the top scorers bring her self esteem down.

“Miss Ryu Hyeju?” The teacher called after her again, “Miss Ryu Hyeju”

“Umm yes?” Hyeju looked up from her notebook and drifted her gaze to him.

“Can you answer this question for me?” He stepped aside and there was a mathematics problem up front. She glanced around. and the guy beside her slid a paper with the answer on it to her table.

“It’s 62,” Hyeju answered, and the teacher nodded in approval. Hyeju sighed in relief and thanked the guy beside her. "Thanks”

“No problem, babe.”

Hyeju chuckled and shook her head. He always likes to give her nicknames. It amused her to be honest, and the nicknames would be: princess, babe, Miss Ryu, cupcake, or any other cheesy nicknames one could ever think of. Hyeju wrote the word ‘underground’ in her notebook and stared at it. ‘looks like I’ll be visiting this place more.’

The bell rang, indicating that school has ended for the day. Some people chose to stay back to finish up some things, and the people who were more than eager to go home were the first out the door. Hyeju sighed softly and turned to the guy beside her. She has known him since middle school, and they always ended sitting next to each other

He goes by the name of Park Hyungseok. He is the son of the world’s most successful model company owner –that explains his good looks, as his parents were supermodels- the boy was nowhere near ugly, he was far more handsome. Hyeju swore that she has never seen a man more handsome than Hyungseok-except for Himchan- he kept his head down and continued to sleep.

“Ya, you’re not going home?” Hyeju poked his cheeks but he didn’t move. “Ya."

“What?” He grumbled and turned to look up at the girl.

“Not going home?” Hyeju asked as she packed her bags.

“A little later. I’m just going to rest. See you tomorrow,” Hyungseok smiled slightly and continued his slumber.

“Yeah, see you tomorrow too.”

Hyeju slung her bag on her shoulder and proceeded to walk out but stopped her tracks when Hyungseok –who she thought was asleep- asked her a question “How do you know the underground?”

“What do you mean?” Hyeju raised an eyebrow.

“You know what I mean,” Hyungseok squinted his eyes at her.

“It just somehow popped up in my head,” Hyeju grinned.

“Well ok then. It looks like I’ll see you there tonight.” Hyungseok stood up and grabbed his bag.

“And what makes you so confident that I’m going to be there?”

He chuckled softly and walked up to her. “I saw you writing it on your notebook and I know you babe, you'll be there,” He winked and kissed the top of her head before walking away.

“Ugh Park Hyungseok! I told you not to do that ever again!” Hyeju shouted to the boy who was walking further away.

“Well sorry for being taller than you!” He shouted back without turning around.

Hyeju chuckled and shook her head. They were always like that; Bickering, showing affections and helping each other out. They’ve known each other for almost 10 years and the little affections never mattered. Hyeju sighed and walked home instead of taking the bus. She wanted a moment of silence and time for herself –and preparing her mind- before meeting the cat-like eyes guy. Correction; Suga.

“I’m home!” Hyeju threw her bag on the couch. She stopped her actions when she realised what she just did ‘did I just said I was home? What the hell is wrong with you Hyeju?’ Hyeju sighed and ruffled her hair

“You’re early! Get ready, I’m going to bring you to the underground tonight!” Mino came out of his room while buttoning his clothes.

“Umm sure, but I don’t have anything to wear.”

“I bought a sweater and shorts for you, if that’s fine. We can buy more clothes tomorrow.” Mino bit his lower lip nervously.

“It’s fine. I’ll just ask for my chauffeur to send my clothes to me tomorrow.Thanks anyways. I really appreciate it,” Hyeju smiled and made her way to her room to change her clothes.

“Anyways, I was clearing a room for you and I was almost done. Maybe you can help me with a few things when we get home?” Mino wore his coat and he looked good. Hyeju was surprised for a moment at how good he looked.

“Hmm? Sure, I’m more than glad to help you. It’s my room, anyways.” Hyeju combed her hair neatly and put on her coat.

Mino nodded in response and walked out first. Hyeju slipped her phone in her pocket and a few bills with her credit card before following Mino out.

“We’re walking there?”

“Yeah, it’s just a few blocks down anyways."

Hyeju nodded in response and looked at her dead phone. ‘I should really turn this on sooner or later’ Hyeju sighed and slipped her phone back into her pocket. Both of them were once again enveloped in total silence and Hyeju wondered if the guy was really a quiet person or just shy or he just hates her presence. They finally arrived at the place and the guys at the door acknowledged Hyeju’s presence.

“I’m gonna grab some coke. You go where ever you want to go,” Hyeju patted Mino’s shoulder and walked towards the bar.

“Wow, the heiress really came today. Excuse me for a moment,” The bartender stopped from serving his customers and shouted: “The heiress came! Pay up!” He grinned and there were soft murmurs around the place while people came up to the bar to pay some money.

“You guys bet on me?” Hyeju scoffed and shook her head at how childish these so called rappers could be.

“Of course,” He winked and passed her a can of Coke. “I kind of predicted this,” He chuckled and Hyeju nodded while she gave him money to pay up “No credit card today?” He raised an eyebrow.

“Sorry pretty boy, no,” Hyeju grinned and drank up her Coke. Her eyes scanned around the room before her gaze landed on the familiar appearance of a group of boys at the same couch.

“Anyways my name is Chihoon, Lee Chihoon,” The bartender spoke before Hyeju could walk away.

“Hyeju, Ryu Hyeju,” Hyeju turned around and walked away.

“I know who you are heiress!” Chihoon shouted and Hyeju sighed softly. She took another sip of her Coke before proceeded to take a seat in between the girls that were crowding the boys.She gave a glare to the girls and they walked away.

“What’s your problem?” Suga hissed and glared back at Hyeju.

Hyeju sighed and took a deep breath. “Can you please not talk? If you can see, I’m trying to be really nice here. Anyways,I want to pay you guys back.”

“We don’t need your money, heiress,” Suga rolled his eyes and slumped his back on the couch.

“Well, I didn’t invite you Mr. Smarty pants,” Hyeju rolled her eyes and turned to the other boys. “Are you guys performing tonight?”

The boys looked at each other before they shook their head in unison “Great! Just perfect! Let’s grab something to eat!” Hyeju smiled and stood up while she grabbed the person nearest to her, which happened to be Jin.

“We’re not going to reject such a beautiful lady’s offer, are we?” Jimin smirked and stood up next, followed suit by the other boys while Suga remained seated.

“Well, suit yourself then. Let’s go guys,” Hyeju turned to the other guys and lead them out with Suga quietly following them from behind. They ended up at a nearby meat restaurant and ordered up as much as they could eat. As they were busy getting to know each other –except for Suga who was sitting at the corner eating his meat quietly- there was a sudden voice from the other side of the table.

“Hyeju?”

Hyeju looked up to the source of the voice and almost choked on the meat she was chewing. Jin passed a glass of water to her and she took a sip. “It’s really you,” The middle aged man smiled.

“Yeah, it’s me,” Hyeju smiled awkwardly and Jin pushed her slightly, signalling her to talk to the man in front of them personally. Hyeju sighed and walked out while the man followed her out.

“When are you coming back?”

“I won’t,” Hyeju said softly while staring at the ground; she was afraid to meet his eyes. The man that she cherished for the past 19 years and thought of him as her second father. She heard him sigh softly and he pulled her in for a comforting hug.

“Do you need anything?” Hyeju smiled at his question and nodded.

“I’ll need some clothes and necessities.I think you can just pack everything in my room without leaving anything. I'll text you the address later tonight.” The old man nodded and gave her one last hug before walking away.

“So who was that?” Jin asked as he pulled the chair out for Hyeju before she sat.

“My chauffeur.”

“You look close.”

“I’ve known him since I was a baby,” Hyeju smiled. “Now, no more questions.” Hyeju fed Jin to shut him up.

“Wait, whoa! What’s with Jin and the heiress feeding moment here?” Jimin raised an eyebrow and even Suga looked up from his food to stare at them.

“I’m just feeding a friend. What’s so wrong about it?” Hyeju raised an eyebrow and Jin nodded in agreement.

“That’s just not feeding,” Suga finally spoke and looked down back at his food.

“Wow! Mr.Suga actually knows how to talk! I’m surprised,” Hyeju fake gasped.

“Ha ha! Very funny,” Suga glared at the teenage girl who gladly glared back at the older boy.

“Anyways, what are you going to do now Noona?” Jungkook stared at Hyeju, and with that question, everyone turned their attention to the runaway heiress.

“Me? I didn’t think that far ahead,” Hyeju blinked and stared back into Jungkook’s eyes.

“There’s alot of things you can do,” Jin hummed softly and thought hard. “What about an online shopping mall?”

“An online shopping mall?” Hyeju blinked and tilted her head slightly as she thought. “I’ve always wanted to open one and I do know the basics of opening one,” Hyeju mumbled to herself

“An online shopping mall it is!” Jimin cheered and the other boys followed suit.

“And Yoongi hyung can be the model!” Jungkook exclaimed and Suga's head shot up.

“No,” He glared at the maknae, and the little boy whimpered slightly.

“Yoongi?” Hyeju raised an eyebrow and Jin mouthed: ‘Suga’ and she nodded. “So you guys do have a real name.”

“Of course we do,” Suga, or Yoongi, scoffed.

“So why use your so called stage names? Korean names are easier to remember.”

“Namjoon,” Rap Monster raised his hand.

“Hoseok,” and again J-Hope smiled widely.

“Taehyung,” V grinned and blew a flying kiss.

“Jimin.”

“Jungkook.”

“Seokjin,” Jin muttered lowly and Hyeju bursted into laughter.

“As in Seokjin like the Sukjin in Running Man? I think I like calling you Jin better!” Hyeju held on to her stomach as she continued to laugh. “And I know you, Yoongi,” Hyeju pointed out to Yoongi before he could talk.

“Oppa, respect people.” Yoongi glared at the girl..

“But I’m not even close to you!”

“You know our names now and you’re involved.”

Hyeju blinked at Yoongi. Just what was his intention? Is he playing a game with her or is he just being nice?

“He likes you,” Jin whispered in Hyeju’s ear. “He’ll never tell his real name unless he really likes someone,” Jin chuckled slightly. “Anyways, as I was saying,” Jin pulled away. “Yoongi can be the model and we’ll see how it goes.”

Everyone turned to Yoongi, but he neither denied nor agreed. It only means one thing: he agrees. Hyeju cheered and they finished the dinner in glee.