The Big Secret

Collision

 

            A. Drenaline’s manager Sunhwa tried to send the rest of the girls home; he saw no point in them staring at their sleeping friend for hours on end. When the three of them protested, he relented. Doojoon eventually got Dongwoon to leave, and Hoya had to return to his schedule, though he promised to return.

           As Dongwoon headed home, he grimaced. “Why is Hoya her healthcare proxy? She said she was an only child. Are they related? Hyung, you’re not my healthcare proxy! How weird is that?”

            Doojoon sighed. “Ya, shut up already, will you? Were you expecting to be her proxy?”

            “Ani, but no one even knew she knew Hoya and suddenly the articles and everything.”

            Hyunseung stared out the window. “Maybe he hit her with his car too.”

            They laughed.

 

A representative of Academy Entertainment responded to Blue’s condition and A. Drenaline’s canceled schedule by saying, “We are unsure as of now why it happened and who did it. Blue was attacked while jogging in the park. She is healing well and is no longer in critical condition but seeing as she is a member of A. Drenaline and is unable to perform, we must hold off on activities until she returns. The members are in full support of this idea and visit the hospital frequently to check on her. There is not much more that be said now.”

            Minah was the only one in the room when Hoya entered with more daffodils. She glanced at him and he smiled awkwardly. “Still sleeping?”

            She nodded. “Yes. She woke up briefly, asked for water, sent a message to Dongwoon, and then slept again. Those two… I’ve never seen Blue in such a relationship with anyone. It’s interesting.”

            He gave a slight nod and sat on the edge of the bed. “Yeah, definitely interesting because she’s never had a boyfriend before. Maybe that’s why it’s working out so well—because she hasn’t been corrupted. I’m not fooled by her stage persona at all; she’s pure if anyone is.”

            “How long have you known her, exactly?”

            He didn’t have to think about it. “Since she was born. Her mother was babysitting me when she went into labor with Blue so I was at the hospital when it happened.”

            Minah laughed. “If you are her healthcare proxy, where were you when she was hit by the car?”

            “I was in the studio, recording and I didn’t have my phone. By the time I got the message, she was well out of the hospital. I was really caught up in getting ready for my comeback that I forgot.”

            “Did Dongwoon call again?”

            Blue was awake, rubbing her eyes and sitting up. She blinked several times at Hoya as if he was a hallucination and she was waiting for him to vanish. He just smiled.

            “Good to see you’re awake, Blue. I brought you daffodils. I know they’re your favorite, so I stopped to get some on my way here.” She smiled.

            Minah cocked her brow. “What’s going on with you two?”

            Hoya looked at Blue and she glanced at her phone. “Nothing. Is a friend not allowed to bring flowers to a friend in the hospital? Besides, I’m dating Dongwoon and I’m perfectly happy with him.”

            “Yes, but he slept in your room and he’s your healthcare proxy—”

            “That’s because my parents trust him to take care of me when they aren’t around. There’s nothing going on with us.”

            She narrowed her eyes. “I don’t know your favorite flower and I thought I was your best friend.”

            Finally Hoya spoke up. “When we were younger, we took trips all over the world and Blue would always ask for daffodils for her scrapbook.” He looked at her. “Do you still have it?”

            Blue nodded. “Yeah, it’s at my grandparent’s house in the states.”

            “Wait, so you really not cheating on Dongwoon?” Minah asked.

            Her eyes widened and she shook her head. “No, I’m not.”

            “Well that’s good to know,” Dongwoon said as he entered the room with a big white teddy bear in a black bowtie. He grinned at her surprise, from his presence and the bear. “I didn’t think you were. I just didn’t know you and Hoya were friends. That was kind of scary to hear from the hyungs.”

            She held the bear and smiled at him. “That’s because Hoya and I don’t talk very much. In fact, we stopped talking when he started training. We had a big fight and everything about it. We grew up together—our parents were close friends, so it was always like I was stuck with him, so when he debuted, I felt like I was free from him. He surprised me at the dorm the other day because I haven’t spoken to him in years.”

            He sat beside her on the bed. “Oh, well it’s good you two are friends again. How are you feeling? What’s the diagnosis? What happened?”

            “Well, I’ve got a few broken ribs, sprained wrist and ankle, a concussion, and my ear was split when I was hit. I’m starting to feel a bit better though I would love to get out of this place.”

            “Was it anti-fans? I don’t think the B2UTIES would do anything like that! I can’t believe anyone would hurt you because we’re dating! I’m sorry. I’ll take care of you from now on—”

            She laughed. “It wasn’t anti-fans, Woonie. I can take care of myself and you.”

            Hoya raised his brow. “Then who was it?”

            “Han Yiseul and her gang of misfit friends.”

            He leapt to his feet. “Yiseul? Because of that stupid article? I can’t believe this—”

            Dongwoon was playing with the teddy bear, moving its arms around, and he leaned towards it and said, “Who is this Han Yiseul, Bear-ssi? Do you know? I don’t know either!”

            Blue sighed. “Dongwoon-ah, I have to tell you something.” He sat the bear down. “And Minah, can you leave the room?” Her friend nodded and walked out.

            Her boyfriend raised his blond-dyed brows. “What…?”

            “We have an arranged marriage,” she said at bluntly as possible. “When we were younger, our parents practically promised that Howon and I would get married. That’s why he’s my healthcare proxy—because he’s technically my fiancé. I mean, I hate the idea of my parents promising me to anyone. I found out around the time he started training. I refused to do it. Howon said we would get married after we finished being idols, I guess, but until then, I was free to date whomever I pleased. The truth is, I don’t want to marry him at all. He’s mean and gross and… The point is, I’m going to fight and deny this as long as I possibly can.”

            Hoya snorted as he paced the room. “Good luck with that,” he muttered under his breath.

            After a long silence, Dongwoon sighed. “So, you’re engaged to a guy you don’t want to be engaged to?”

            She nodded. “Ne, sadly.”

            “Are you going to marry him?”

            “No.”

            He glanced at Hoya. “Well, who would you rather marry? Me or him?”

            Her cheeks flushed and she looked into her lap. “Dongwoon-ah…” Did he live to make her turn red? “You, of course.”

            The blond, uncoordinated giant grinned and took her hand. “Okay, then we’re still together.”

            “What?”

            “I told you. I like you. You like me. That’s all that matters, even though you really have the worst luck, Misu. I mean, you should really look into that.”

            Hoya shrugged. “Well, as I said, you can date other guys, but I’ll be there, doing my duties, such as making your medical decisions when your parents are in Italy.”

            Dongwoon smiled. “That’s okay. I don’t care.” He kissed her on the cheek and her face burned.

            She jumped a little. “Ya! I told you to warn me!”

            He leaned his head on her shoulder. “I’m sorry, I forgot.”

            Hoya cleared his throat and folded his muscular arms. “Well, I’ll get going. You have your boyfriend here now.” He gave a polite smile and walked out of the room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I had to defend the B2UTIES. Anti-fans? Psh, no Yiseul’s a crazy . Aaaaand she’ll be back muahahaha. Were you surprised by their secret? Who do you think Blue will end up with? The cute and bubbly Dongwoon or the y and charming Hoya? Also, I love calling Dongwoon the “uncoordinated giant.”