Helping Out Hyunseung-oppa

Collision

 

          “Now, Blue, we heard you had an interesting run of events recently!” The interviewer asked.

          She smiled and nodded. “Ne, I walked in front of B2ST’s Hyunseung’s car a few days ago! Thankfully I didn’t damage it!”

          There were laughs.

          “Were you hurt at all?”

          She shook her head. “Ani, I’m perfectly okay. Hyunseung came to the hospital and he was scared that I was hurt. He kept apologizing and said that if I pressed charges, that he would completely understand. But I told him that he didn’t need to apologize because it was my fault. He’s really a good guy. We became friends from this whole incident.”

          “Oh really?”

          “Ne, I hope he still doesn’t feel bad!” She looked directly into the camera and smiled. “Hyunseung-oppa, if you’re watching this, don’t feel bad! Perform really well and forget that it happened! B2ST Fighting!”

 

          Hara came with her. Blue decided to surprise Hyunseung at Music Core since it was her day off. Hara, on the other hand, wanted Kikwang’s number. They waited outside of the B2ST dressing room, when Chinhwa caught her eye.

          “Ah, noona!” He called, rushing over.

          She smiled. “Chinhwa, you did so well today! I knew there was a reason you’re the best dancer!”

          Jaehyun approached as well. “Blue,” he said before he pulled her into a close hug. She felt her cheeks flush as he said, “Have you come to see your oppa perform?”

          Quickly she stepped away and shook her head. “Ani, I came to see Hyunseung. I feel bad because people keep asking me about the accident.”

          He smirked. “Ah, okay. Do you want to go out when we’re finished? The guys haven’t seen you in a while and they want to make sure you’re okay! Our dressing room’s down the hall, so just come there when you’re done.” He glanced up and ruffled her blue hair. “There he goes!” With that, he and Chinhwa walked away.

          She turned around and smiled. “Hyunseung!”

          He raised his eyes in surprise. The members of B2ST all smiled and waved as they passed into the dressing room but Hyunseung stood by. “What are you doing here? Are you performing today?”

          She shook her head. “I brought you a gift to say sorry. I’ve been on a lot of interviews and they’re all asking about you. I hope what I say is okay…”

          He smiled. “Thank you, Blue.” It sounded more like “Buh-roo.” “I saw one of them. I didn’t realize we were friends…”

          Her eyes widened. “Ani, I just meant—”

          Hyunseung laughed and shook his head, patting her on the shoulder. “It’s okay.” His eyes finally met Hara and he smiled. “Do you guys want to come in?”

          They nodded and entered B2ST’s dressing room. They rest of the guys greeted them nicely. Hara immediately rushed over to Kikwang, who was using his iPad. Blue turned back to Hyunseung who was grabbed his backpack.

          He turned to her and smiled. “So, do you want to do something today? This is the last on our schedule so I was going to go home and sleep, but I suppose friends should hang out, right?”

          She blinked in surprise and nodded. “Uh, ne. Hold on, I have to go tell a friend that I can’t go with him today.”

          He shook his head. “You don’t have to cancel plans if you already—”

          She smiled and waved it off. “He doesn’t care. He’s got plenty of other friends to go out with. And besides, we live in the same dorm. I can visit him any time I want.”

          Out she went and down the hall to the dressing room for Style X. As she entered, the lead vocalist Minwoo flung himself onto her, pulling her into a bear hug. He pulled her back and sighed. “I MISSED THAT BLUE HAIR OF YOURS. ARE YOU OKAY?”

          She nodded. “And please never hug me like that again. It hurts.”

          Saint, Style X’s rapper, waved from the corner. “Good to see you’re okay, Blue. It looked like you got hit pretty hard.” He said this in English, because he was from the States and so was her mother.

          With a shrug, she approached Jaehyun, who was removing his stage makeup. “Psh, a car can’t stop the great Wang Hyori.” She hunched over so that he could see her face in the mirror. “I’m going out with Hyunseung today. But I’ll stop by your dorm before I go in, okay?”

          He continued to remove his makeup, unaffected. “Ne, see you then.” She turned away, but he caught her wrist. “Hyori-ya~” He pleaded. She watched him, confused. Why was he pleading? “Be careful.”

          She watched his brown eyes, and they looked almost pained. Was everything okay? Why wouldn’t she be careful? She nodded. “Don’t worry, Jaehyunie.”

          There was a knock on the door and Hyunseung entered. “I, uh… I came to get Blue…” He looked at her, at Jaehyun who held her wrist, bowed his head, and said, “I’ll wait outside…” He left.

          Chinhwa shook his head and grinned. “Hyung is so cool.”

          Finally, Jaehyun let her go and went back to cleaning off his makeup. She gaped in confusion. He pretended not to feel her staring, so she left and found Hyunseung standing outside of the door. He smiled at her and pushed off the wall. “Are you dating that guy?”

          Her eyes widened and she shook her head. “Ani. He was the first friend I made when I started training.”

          He nodded. “Ah, I see. You too looked really intimate. You would look nice together.”

          She shook her head again. “I don’t think so.” They entered the parking lot and she glanced at him. “Are you dating anyone?”

          Though it was an innocent question, when he glanced at her, he smiled and her cheeks flushed. Then, he nodded. “Ne, but it’s a secret. Her name is Lee JungAh. She’s not an idol. I like it that way.”

          They approached his sleek black car and climbed in. “So where are we going today?” He asked.

          She blinked. “You don’t know?”

          He shook his head. “Am I supposed to?”

          She nodded and said, “It was your idea. Remember, ‘friends should hang out, right’?” As she said this, she mocked his voice.

          He scowled. “I’ll surprise us.”

          “Surprise us?”

          “Ne, even I’ll be surprised where we go.”

          She didn’t question him. He started up the car and pulled out of the parking lot.

 

 

          “Hyori-ya~”

          Jaehyun did not trust Hyunseung at all. He seemed careless. He did hit her with his car, despite everything Blue said. When she left, he scrubbed his face harder than he should have and now his face felt raw and it stung.

          As he and the guys left, he scowled and ignored Chinhwa who talked animatedly to him. He wanted to punch something, but he figured leader Haneul would complain if he started to be the maknae and lead dancer to a bloody pulp. What did they need dancers for? They were a singing group! Blue was the lead dancer as well… So was Hyunseung! He had the urge to punch something again.

          “Hyung…”

          He glanced up at Minwoo who had asked him something. “What?”

          Minwoo sighed. “I said, are you okay? You look like you’re about to eat Chin.”

          He shook his head, distracted. What could they be doing right now? “I’m just thinking. What do you know about Jang Hyunseung? Who has he dated? How many other lives has he threatened with his reckless driving?”

          His dongsaeng gave him a bewildered look. “He hasn’t dated anyone… that I know of, anyway. And he hasn’t had any problems until Blue stepped in front of his car—”

          “It wasn’t Blue’s fault! It was his!”

           Who goes out with a guy who tried to run you over?

          “Hyung?”

          Minwoo was talking again. Damn him.

          “What now?” Jaehyun asked.

          “We’re going out to eat. Where do you want to go?”

          He shook his head. “I have a headache, so I’ll just go home. Bring me anything.”

 

 

          At home, Jaehyun paced. What could they be doing? The boys dropped him off and left promptly, and he figured if he broke anything in rage, they wouldn’t be too happy. Especially Haneul. So he ruffled his copper hair and then rushed to the A. Drenaline apartment. Maybe they knew.

          He knocked on the door and Minah answered. If he was not so angry, he would notice how pretty she looked without makeup on.

          “Jaehyunie?”

          He stepped inside. “Have you heard from Blue?”

          She shook her head. “Not since she called to say she was going out with Hyunseung. Why, is she okay?”

          He shrugged and began pacing again in their living room. “I don’t know! What if he like kidnaps her or something? What if he takes revenge for the accident? I don’t like her going out with him. It’s sketchy.”

          Minah laughed. “She’ll be fine. Have you seen Blue’s high kick?”

          “Do you know where they’re going?”

          “Aniyo. Stop worrying and do something productive.” She led him out and shut the door.

          He went to watch TV. After hours of dramas, he woke up to the sound of knocking on the front door. Did the guys all forget their keys? He walked drowsily to the door until he heard, “Oppa~” in which he frantically ran and flung the door open.

          Blue sat on the floor in front of his door, head tilted to the side. She looked at him with drowsy eyes and gave him a sloppy smile. “Ah, oppa!” Was she drunk? She was wearing a black leather jacket that wasn’t hers. Her red shirt was ed at the top. What did he do to her? Jang Hyunseung, you ert!

          He cradled her into his arms and sat her on the couch. She giggled. When did she ever giggle? When did she ever drink? “What did Hyunseung do to you? Blue, what happened?”

         She shook her head and scowled. “Nothing. I had fun today, oppa. Seungie is really nice… and funny too! And weird. Sometimes I don’t get his jokes. And when I asked him… I asked him… he got scared! What a weenie! And then he… ugh!” He what? What did she ask him? She pulled his shirt so that their faces were close. “I’m sorry, oppa. I couldn’t help it! We just… and then they saw and it was like they had their cameras ready! Can I sleep here tonight? Shinhae will kill me if she sees me like this! And then I’ll never be able to make it up to you…”