No Comment

Collision

 

          A feeling Hyunseung knew too well and hated—a hangover. He lay on his back, squinting at the pain. The bedroom of the dorm was empty, and for a moment, he almost thought the guys left for the schedule without him. Ya, Yoon Doojoon, I’ll sue you! But he heard the TV and rolled from the three double-decker beds, stepping into their furniture-less living room. Kikwang lay on Dongwoon’s chest as they sat in front of the television. Yoseob was on the computer. Junhyung and Doojoon were talking in the kitchen. Junhyung…

          He did call him yesterday to help him, because he was too drunk to drive. He was with Blue… And then remembered her question. Their day was spent at the park, at an arcade, and then they went to eat at a nearby restaurant. They got a little out of control with the soju and then, with her frosty blue hair, her frosty blue eyes, she stared at him and said, “Do you think I’m pretty?” She had already ed the top of her shirt because it was hot in the restaurant, and he could see the pale flesh at her nape. He stared at her round face, her round pink lips, and her cute round nose. She looked more than Korean. Something else. Yes, he wanted to say.

          Unfortunately with soju, what you want to say isn’t necessarily what you say. Instead, he stammered and said something along the lines of, “I-I think we s-s-should not drink anymore soju.”

          She looked dejected and stood before she wobbled and sat back down. “Do you know why he did it, Seungie? Why should I be careful? Why? I want to go home.” So he called Junhyung. He helped her walk to the car and she exclaimed, “Oh look! Paparazzi! Annyeong~~~~” Ah, great, more publicity.

          “Well, you look horrible,” Junhyung called from the kitchen. “But much better than yesterday.”

          He scowled and leaned on the counter in the kitchen. “Ya, mock me another day.”

          Doojoon laughed. “JungAh called a few times. You might want to call her back.”

          With a sigh, Hyunseung grabbed his cell phone and went back into the bedroom. He called JungAh, the girl he had been secretly dating since his debut. She was in college to be a doctor. She was ordinary and that made him more at ease. She answered after two rings.

          “Yeoboseyo?”

          “JungAh~”

          “Hyunseungie?”

          “Ne…”

          “JANG HYUNSEUNG, ARE YOU CRAZY?!”

          He knew she would be upset. He never had drama, especially with other female idols. He rarely noticed them. “JungAh, what did the article say?”

          “What do you think? It said, ‘B2ST’s Hyunseung and Junhyung were seen leaving a restaurant with Blue from rookie group A. Drenaline. Hyunseung had his arm wrapped around Blue’s waist and she held onto them. Are they dating now? It is noted that earlier this month, Hyunseung and Blue were involved in an accident in which Blue stepped in front of Hyunseung’s speeding car and he struck her. Though Blue claims it was her fault, netizens are still questioning. On a talk show, Blue was noted for calling Hyunseung “oppa” and saying they were friends. Now, with this latest development, we are left to wonder.’ That’s what it said.”

          He sighed. Well, crap. “JungAh, we just went to hang out and had too much soju. I’m sorry…”

          She scoffed. “Hyunseung, seriously. When have you ever done this? I know you’ve been busy promoting and I’ve been studying for exams, but really? You hit the girl with your car! That doesn’t mean you have to take her out!”

          “Ne…”

          There was a knock on the door. “Hyunseung, you have a visitor.”

          “JungAh, can you hold on a moment?” He opened the door and there, in his dorm, stood Blue, looking as lovely and as deadly as she did the day before. Her blue hair was in a ponytail. She wore pajama pants and a hoodie. In her hands was his leather jacket. He took it and said, “JungAh, can I call you back?”

          Blue’s eyes widened and she took a step back. “Ani, I didn’t mean to interrupt. I just wanted to return this. If she’s mad, I can tell her it was all my fault! Omo, I’m just ruining everything.” Her blue eyes were watery. “I’ll go now. I’m sorry!” She turned and headed for the door.

          He caught her arm and shook his head. “It’s no big deal. She’ll cool down.”

          The young idol shook her head and frowned. “I’m sorry. I have to go.” With that, she gave a weak smile to Junhyung who stood in the hallway and vanished through the door. Aish, Hyunseung’s head really hurt.

 

 

          How stupid! She shouldn’t have gone. Jaehyun said it was a bad idea. Why did she go over to his dorm anyway? What did she tell him? That she embarrassed herself in front of Jang Hyunseung of B2ST? That she was a drunken mess to the paparazzi and now it was on allkpop.com? Thankfully, Angel just gave a disapproving look. She didn’t kill her, as she assumed. She should have never become friends with Hyunseung in the first place. Dumb. Really dumb.

          She practically ran home, sinking to the floor the moment she closed the door. The picture in the article was burned in her mind. Her shirt was open and she clung to Hyunseung as if they were truly intimate. How would she explain that at the radio show later tonight? She was a drunkard?

          “Get yourself together, Wang Hyori. You are an idol now and you have to think of your image. You aren’t a teenage nobody anymore. People are watching you. Always,” she told herself.

 

 

          “Today, an article was released about you, Blue.”

          She nodded and sighed. “Ah, ne…”

          “Care to explain it at all? I didn’t know you and Hyunseung were such intimate friends…”

          She laughed, embarrassed. Of course they weren’t! “Ani, we aren’t intimate friends. We are more like colleagues. Ah, I’m so embarrassed. We went out to dinner and I drank so much soju that I could barely walk. I rarely ever drink and I didn’t expect to drink so much. That’s why we were so close, because Hyunseung was helping me walk. I keep forgetting I am an idol and that I must watch my behavior and my image, as well as that of others. I’m sorry again to Hyunseung for any trouble I have caused. I will work harder.”

 

 

          “Hyunseung, it says in this article here that you and Blue from A. Drenaline are really close friends. What do you say to that?”

          He blinked, pushed his glasses up his nose, and leaned forward. “Ah, ne. We have become good friends after the accident. She volunteered to take me to dinner as an apology for the accident because she still feels guilty and we were drinking. But we are only friends.”

          Doojoon nodded. “Hyunseung would tell us if they were dating or if he liked her, and he hasn’t. And from what I can tell from seeing Blue, she is really a sweet and innocent girl. I don’t think she is intimate with anyone.”

          “Hyunseung, who is your ideal type?”

          He laughed and said, “Actually? Kang Minah from A. Drenaline. I’ve seen her a few times and I’ve watched her dance. I like girls who can dance.”

          “Did you know Blue from A. Drenaline can dance too?”

          “Ne, but Blue’s stage persona is intimidating. Minah is y and really feminine and she seems much older than she is. When I first met Minah, I called her ‘noona’ and she thought I was crazy. She also has a different kind of face than Blue. Blue looks young and sometimes scary, and when she is not performing, she is very boyish and a little too bubbly.”

          Dongwoon leaned forward towards the microphone and said, “Actually Blue is more of my ideal type. She has a very smart and charming personality and her look doesn’t rely on aegyo like other female idols.”

          Hyunseung responded, “You take her out then.”