After

Wanna dance?


Junsu sat in silence, bewildered at his crazy day that just kept going crazier and crazier.



First, against all odds, he had been asked to dance by Shim Changmin. A dream come true that he had somehow screwed up. Then, out of nowhere, Mr. y Eyes had for some reason decided to approach him. How was it possible that the two men would suddenly notice his existence on the same day, barely hours apart? What the hell was so different about him today?

But even Yoochun was behaving out of character. Park Yoochun was sometimes even shyer than he was and that was saying something. Yet, Yoochun had been the one to accept the older man’s invitation for coffee and the one to drag him along. He was even the one keeping the conversation going, asking all sorts of questions. He was almost flirting!



Kim Junsu was silently watching the two men talk and trying not to blush all the way to the roots of his hair every time Mr. y Eyes looked his way with a teasing smile.

He now knew a lot of things about the man.

Mr. y Eyes’s name was Choi Seung-hyun. He was fresh out of University, about five years older than him but due to their birthday dates, right now he was 17 while Seung-hyun was already 23. It seemed like quite a big difference and yet it was not. He was still trying to decide if he was more surprised or flattered that a guy already working and earning his own money was paying a high school kid any attention. To be fair, all his flirty staring while waiting for the bus was to blame here.

Junsu sighed. However much he tried to pay attention to all the details Yoochun was uncovering for his benefit, his mind was still insisting on playing on repeat mode his embarrassing behaviour with Changmin. Not even the older guy’s attention was healing his bruised self-esteem.

When they really could not afford to lose another bus, the three returned to their respective bus stops. Junsu remained silent, only nodding his head and slightly waving as a goodbye. Next to him, Yoochun finished saving Seung-hyun’s phone number and signalled their bus.

Junsu kept his head lowered, avoiding the intense feeling that he was still being watched.







Yoochun waited and waited. When it became more than evident than Junsu was not about to say anything, he decided that was enough and shook his friend.

“Ok, that’s it! What the hell is the matter with you?”

Junsu turned back to watch the landscape outside and said nothing.

When they arrived at Yoochun’s house, where Junsu was to spend the night, they were greeted by Yoohwan, Yoochun’s younger brother.

“Hey, what are you doing home so early? Shouldn’t you guys still be at the dance?”



“Not as fun as it’s cracked up to be. We were bored.”

“Suuuuure, Chunnie. Bored, right. When are you gonna get over Jaejoong? And did you had to drag Junsu out as well?”

“I’m the one who suggested getting out. It really was boring.”

“Aish, Susu! I already told you that you don’t need to wait around. You can be the one asking someone to dance. Lord, what am I to do with the two of you?”



Junsu smiled slightly at Yoohwan’s long suffering sigh. He thought it was rather funny how the younger one was the confident one.

When the three boys were already in bed, the two brothers in their bunk beds and Junsu on a sleeping bag, Yoochun tried again.

“Ok, that’s it. I refuse to wait any longer. You better speak, Junsu, or I’m gonna unleash Yoohwan on you!”

“Hey, what am I? The bogey man?”

Junsu sighed and sat up. In the dark he could barely make out his two friend’s faces. They would not be able to see him blush and he would not have to see their expressions either. So he told them about his embarrassing fiasco with Changmin and, still bewildered, added how Mr. y Eyes had also approached.
“What the hell was happening today? Were all the gods playing with me? Why were there men raining down on me?”

“Aish, Junsu. Only you. Only you. If not for Yoochun here, I’d give you a pitiful award. First of all, stop moping around. Unlike my stupid brother’s crush on the worst guy possible…”

“Hey!”

“Shut it, Chun. Jaejoong only sees himself. Now, as I was saying. You actually might have a chance with Changmin. After all, he asked you to dance. That means he noticed you, right? As for the guy from the bus stop, it was really only a matter of time until he approached you. You stare at him shamelessly. It’s embarrassing to be around you when you do that. “

Junsu lowered his face even in the dark. Then he perked up when he replayed Yoohwan’s words.

“You think I have a shot with Changmin?”

“He’s part of my football group. I know him quite well. If you two had ever went to one of the games as I kept inviting you to, you’d have already had tons of opportunities to talk with him other than around tons of flirting girls surrounding him in between classes. “

“Oh…”

“Yes, OH!”

“So… should I? I mean, what if he was only interested in an easy kiss for the duration of the dance?”

“Make him interested in more. If he just wants to fool around, forget him.”

“You make it sound so simple.”

“It kinda is. Emotions get in the way. Now let’s go to sleep. “

After a few moments of silence, it was Yoochun who spoke up again.

“Jaejoong doesn’t only see himself.”

“Fine, bro. Fine. Sleep.”





Yoochun kept awake for a while, sadly trying to convince himself that his brother was wrong about Jaejoong. He knew that even Junsu sometimes thought their friend was too shallow. But despite hating his behaviour towards all the girls he couldn’t help think that Jaejoong was better than that and that maybe someday he’d see him right there…

Junsu was awake for longer. In fact, Junsu barely slept.

In surprising detail, Junsu kept remembering how it had felt to be in Changmin’s arms. How tall he was, the strength in his arms, the warmth, the scent. And those eyes looking only at him. Those hands at his lower back. All that hard muscle against him. The breath near his ear and on his neck causing him goosebumps. How much he had wanted that kiss. How he feared it as well. How he wanted a boyfriend and not just a make out session. How silly and stupid and embarrassing he had behaved. Oh, what a figure he had made of himself. What Changmin must have thought? How he wished he could turn back time. And still he wasn’t sure if he would have allowed the kiss. But he couldn’t stop himself wanting it so very badly.





Junsu went on holiday with his family for two weeks.

He returned still anxious about how it would be to see Changmin again. He was determined to go to one of Yoohwan’s football games. He had felt pathetic to realize he hadn’t slept for nearly three days straight still hyper on having danced with the tall boy.

But he got sent to his grandparents for yet another week. Junsu was crawling up the walls. And he wasn’t even in the mood to confide in Yoochun. Not much that his friend could say to cheer him up.

So, it was nearly a month later that Junsu knocked on Yoochun’s house. It was Yoohwan who answered.



“Ah, Junsu! Finaly! Come on in. Yoochun is out. No idea where he is. I suspect he’s with Jaejoong. You know how he always calls Chun when he doesn’t want to be alone. You came just at the right time to help me with something.”

“Oh?”

“I need to get one of my friends to a doraebang at a specific time. We want to throw him a surprise party but he’s a suspicious little thing. If we outright invite him, he’ll know what it’s for.”

“So?”

“You could call him and pretend you want to meet with him. He has a weak spot for cute guys.”

“How am I supposed to do that?”

“Come on, just call him and make something up. Pleaaaaaaase! I’ll take you to see Changmin and get rid of the other guys for you!”

“Yoohwan…”

“I’ve asked him about you.”

“Oh, my God! You what? Yoohwan, how could you? Ohhhhh…”

“I’ll tell you what he said if you help me.”

“You are evil!”

“Yes!”





On another part of town, Changmin was riding bike with some friends when one of them stopped to answer the phone. Changmin took the opportunity to stop as well and rest a little. He paid no attention to his friend’s conversation until a rather familiar laugh was heard. He turned in the direction of the sound to find it came from the phone.

“Come on, tell me who you are. “

“No. You should remember. So bad of you not to remember me. How could you?”

“But I know so many people…”

“That many that have kissed you and want to do it again?”

Changmin was surprised to hear that familiar laugh again. And the voice… It couldn’t be, could it?







A deeply blushing Junsu hang up the phone and growled at Yoohwan.

“There! Happy? He said he’ll be there.”

“Damn, who are you and what have you done with Junsu? Even I wanted to meet with you.”

“Oh, stop teasing.”

“I almost pity Changmin. He thinks he’ll get pure innocent but there’s more to you than meets the eye.”

“Yoohwan…”

“He thinks you’re really cute.”

“W-what? Who?”

“Changmin, silly. Who else? He has noticed you but you’re so shy he had no idea how to approach you. He took a risk on the day of the dance day and was even more intrigued with you but thought he had zero chances by the end of it.”

Junsu’s mouth fell open and his eyes turned wide. His brain was malfunctioning. He must have entered a different dimension.

“I kinda gave him a hint that he should try again. That maybe you were just surprised. Do try to control that shyness. You’ve just proven beyond a doubt that you can be bold. If it was Changmin on the other end of that line, he’d be racing to you by now.”

Junsu continued gaping at Yoohwan.





Yoochun arrived late and extremely happy. He had a smile that would not go away. To Junsu’s surprise he was also sporting a new haircut, a much more flattering one. Apparently Yoohwan had convinced him at last. Yoochun greeted Junsu enthusiastically and then grabbed something to eat. His younger brother tried to get him to talk but Yoochun just dreamily avoided him. Junsu could see that Yoohwan was really worried about his brother and he had to admit he himself was curious. He had never seen Yoochun this giddy.

As Yoochun accompanied Junsu to his house, the secret was soon revealed.

“Yoohwan keeps badmouthing Jaejoong but he doesn’t know him. Jae is… Oh, he’s amazing, isn’t he? I can’t believe it finally happened! In the end it was so easy. And we’re both so happy. It’s all I ever dreamed of and better, much better.”

“Yoochun… wait… what? You mean you and Jae? But Jae isn’t gay. He never looked at a guy.”

“We got to spend the last weeks together and everything just happened.”

Yoochun smile was breath-taking. If this was how he had been smiling at Jaejoong maybe the other guy had finally decided to give his friend a chance? Junsu found himself smiling with Yoochun. It was contagious and he also had reason to be excited for his own reasons.

“So… you two dating?”

“Yes. Yes. YES!!!!”



Junsu laughed as his friend practically jumped and danced. Then he noticed something.

“Is that a hickey?”

Yoochun blushed all the way to his roots. He smiled shyly and put his hand self-consciously on his neck.

“Please don’t tell Yoohwan. He’s going to have my head off if he knows for sure that I spent the day at Jae’s. “

“Chunnie, do you mean you were at Jae’s house?”

“Yes.”

“Just the two of you?”

Yoochun blushed even more and nodded.

“Oh, my God! You two didn’t!”

Junsu waited for a denial but his friend was apparently busy trying to hide inside his own body.

“You two slept together???”

Yoochun took some time to answer while Junsu just gaped at him. Finally Yoochun gathered his strength and looked at Junsu with a shy smile asking for his acceptance.

“We did. It was perfect. Like I was finally where I belonged.”

“Ohhh…”

Junsu hugged Yoochun and his friend gave him the most brilliant smile yet. As they walked the rest of the way, Junsu couldn’t help imagine that maybe soon he too could be this happy. Maybe soon he would have his first kiss. With Changmin. Junsu’s face was graced with his own beautiful smile.