Troublemaker

Trou-u-u-uble Trouble Maker

“Okay ready? We’re starting from the top. 5, 6, 7, 8.”

The music started and I did my best to stay in formation with the rest of the group. We had our second comeback on the music shows this week and everything needed to be perfect if we wanted to reach the number one spot.

I was lucky enough to get signed under Cube entertainment and soon after getting signed, I got to debut with their newest girl group. Our debut was pretty successful. We had made a few acquaintances with other groups thanks to our well known sunbaes. Being in the same company as Beast, 4minute, and BtoB, I felt that we had a lot of standards to reach and I worked hard to reach those standards, as did my fellow group members.

Since I had left Jellyfish I had not seen or heard from VIXX. Even though we had said we would keep in touch, we were all too busy and had promotions at different times so there wasn’t even a chance for us to bump into each other. I still supported VIXX on the sidelines though when I would see them appear with a new song. From what I could see, they were all doing well.

“Kyuri, have you talked to Minhyuk oppa recently?” Our group’s leader asked me when we had finished practice for the day. “He told me VIXX is having a comeback next week.”

“No way, unni. Where did he hear that?” I asked her. I was usually pretty good with keeping up to date with whatever VIXX was doing.

“He talked to N oppa yesterday I think he said?” She squinted her eyes and puffed out her checks as she tried to remember what exactly she had been told. “But anyways, yeah. Check their fan page. I thought you would like to know.”

I watched her and the other members leave the practice room before pulling out my phone and attempted to open VIXX’s fancafe as quickly as I could. Sure enough, there was a countdown clock as the café’s banner. I let out a sigh and stuffed my phone back into my pocket. I had to worry about my group’s comeback right now. That’s what was more important.

During the whole week, I would catch myself daydreaming about VIXX’s comeback. Would they come and greet us? Should I go and greet them? Should I text them this week? They were probably too busy to respond right now. What would they have to say when/if I finally saw them? What would I say? I’m sure N and Hyukkie would congratulate me and hug me tightly. Ken would probably tease me about leaving the company. Ravi and Hongbin would probably give me a pat on the back. But how would Leo react?

Soon enough, VIXX had released their new music video and it was time for their first comeback performance. As we neared the studio, I could feel myself growing more and more anxious, so anxious that I guess I started shaking.

“YAH YAH YAH! Kyuri-yah! Why are you shaking? Relax.” Our group’s rapper said, rubbing my arm in an attempt to comfort me.

“I’m sorry. I’m just nervous.” I said, playing with my hands in my lap.

“Hey, VIXX sunbaes are going to be happy to see you. If you want, we’ll even walk over there with you since we should probably formally introduce ourselves.” Our leader said, turning around in her seat and smiling at me. I nodded.

Our manager told us we could go and visit VIXX after we had our rehearsal. I tried my best not to mess up and to stay focused, but my nerves weren’t going to settle until after we got the meeting with VIXX done and over with.

“Wow, you guys are amazing.” I heard as we stepped off of the stage to return to our dressing room.

I turned around to see a beaming Hyuk standing on the side of the stage. I ran up to him and hugged him tightly.

“HYUKKIE! I MISSED YOU!”

“I missed you too, noona.” He gave me a tight squeeze before pulling away. “I figured you would come and visit us but they others are getting restless. We’ve all missed you.” He leaned in to whisper in my ear. “Especially Leo hyung. You two need to talk.”

I nodded and stepped away from him and turned to my group. “Well if you all aren’t busy right now, we can visit until we have to perform.”

“Sounds like a plan to me!”

Hyuk led the way and I couldn’t help but grab onto the maknae’s arm as we walked to his dressing room. A few weeks ago, I wouldn’t have imagined being united with VIXX any time soon. Now I had to think about what I was going to say and I had to think quickly. But all that thought was useless because as soon as I walked into VIXX’s dressing room, I was speechless and tears streamed down my face.

“Hey, don’t cry!” Ravi chuckled, pulling me into a hug.

“If you really missed us that much, you could have called.” Ken teased, pinching my cheek lightly.

I stepped away from Ravi, remembering my group was with me, and stood with them so we could do our greeting. The VIXX members smiled and returned with their greeting.

“Wow, I can’t believe our trainee is standing before us in such a lovely group.” N said.

“Do you know how big of a fan N hyung is?” Hongbin elbowed me. “I swear if he wasn’t such a fan of Taeyeon noona…”

“YAH! LEE HONGBIN!” N sliced at Hongbin’s throat and my group and I laughed.

I looked over at Leo, who just stood and watched all of us interact with one another. My group knew everything that had happened between me and him. It was probably the first thing I told them when I had joined the group, actually. They also knew that my feelings for Leo never really went away.

“You two can go for a walk or something. We won’t mind.” Ken winked at Leo and me.

“Oppa, my members aren’t interested in you like that.” I told him with a scoff.

Our not so soft spoken leader smirked at our group’s youngest. “Actually, our maknae…”

“Unni!!”

I looked over at Leo and noticed he had already headed for the door, so I took that as him saying we were going to take up Ken’s offer. I let out a sigh and told everyone to behave themselves before I stepped out behind Leo.

He walked ahead of me silently and I just followed him. He probably knew of a place in the building that we could go and talk privately. We both greeted others as we passed, either studio workers or fellow idols. They would look sort of surprised seeing us together but would quickly brush away their suspicion and continue on their way.

Leo stepped into an empty lounge and held the door open for me. I bowed slightly and went to sit on one of the couches as he closed the door behind me. He stayed where he was.

“How have you been?” I asked nervously, breaking the unbearable silence of us just staring at each other.

He narrowed his eyes at me. “You didn’t contact me, or any of us for that matter. It’s been a year, Kyuri, and all you can say is ‘How have you been?’”

I sighed and looked away. “Taekwoonie oppa, I wasn’t allowed to have a phone until just a little after our debut. And the group was mere months away from debut when I joined so I had to work my off just to carry my own weight. We haven’t had a break since. I wanted to contact you, believe me.” I glared over at him then. “You know, you could have contacted me as well. I guess things haven’t changed seeing as you expect everything to be one sided.” I knew I probably shouldn’t have said that but this reunion was not going down the path I thought it would go.

“So you’re saying the BtoB boys weren’t looking over you? They didn’t help you out at all? They didn’t tell you when they saw us or what we were up to? You seemed pretty close with Peniel when you two were on After School Club together, so don’t tell me you haven’t seen them much.”

“So you were asking them to keep an eye on me? You couldn’t have relayed any messages to them to hand over to me?”

“Since when have you been a romantic type of person?”

I overlooked that fact that Leo was watching our appearances. The issue at hand was that he was just watching from a far, just as I had been doing this whole time. This was definitely not going how I wanted it to go at all. I didn’t want to fight with Leo. I thought all of this fighting would be behind us by now. We both had been supporting each other this whole time. We were together now and that’s what should matter most. We can work out the petty irritations later.

“Oppa, this is stupid. There’s nothing we can do about the past now. I don’t want to fight with you. I’m just ecstatic that you’re actually here, standing before me and doing well.”

Leo’s expression softened and he walked over to sit next to me on the couch. “I don’t want to fight either. I’m sorry.”

“I’m sorry too.”

Silence feel between us yet again. This time however it was the comfortable silence that I had grown to miss from my Jellyfish training days. Just feeling his presence next to me took all of my nerves and fears away. I moved my hand over to reach for his and ended up bumping my hand into his. We both looked at each other in surprise, seeing as we had both thought of holding the others hand at the same times, and smiled.

“I still have feelings for you, Kyuri-yah.” Leo bluntly stated.

I took a deep breath and tried my best not to let his words get the best of me. “I have feelings for you too, oppa, it’s just…I don’t think now is the right time for us to jump back into anything.”

Leo nodded and looked down at our interlocked hands. “You’re probably right. Things are just too busy at the moment. We weren’t even able to keep in touch all of this time.”

I leaned over and kissed Leo’s cheek. “We can try texting more often now that I have a phone again, but sadly that’s all I can offer you right now.”

Leo turned and planted a kiss on my lips. God had I missed the feel of his lips on mine, the feel of being in his embrace. I kissed back and wrapped my arms around his neck, hoping time could stop for just a little bit, but soon Leo pulled away.

“I’ll take whatever I can get for now.” He stood up and held out his hand to me. “I’m not giving up on you.”

I took his hand and got up from the couch as well. “You can be so troublesome sometimes.” I scoffed with a smile.

We had returned to VIXX’s dressing room then and my group and I said our goodbyes because it was time for VIXX’s comeback stage and we would have to perform soon after that. My group had some exciting news however when Leo and I had returned.

“We’re in the top two! OUR SONG COULD POSSIBLY WIN TODAY!”

“WHAT?”

Sure enough we were up against Topp Dogg for this week’s number one spot. I couldn’t believe it and soon enough we were standing on the stage at the end of the show, waiting anxiously for the results. VIXX stood behind us and I could feel Leo rub my back every now and then, in an attempt to comfort me.

“And today’s winner is…”

 It didn’t matter if we won today or not. I had already won in a way. I had my friends back in my life, because N had made it quite clear our groups would be seeing a lot more of each other, and I sort of had my relationship back. With time, Leo and I could be a couple again and not have as much drama as we have had before. Maybe we could settle down and start a family together. Who knew? Right now I had to be satisfied with what I had and that was that.

My group was jumping around and I had been too lost in my thoughts to realize that we had won. Once it had sunk in that we had our first win, I couldn’t contain my excitement. VIXX was celebrating with us as well. We all shared hugs and high fives. My adrenaline was racing and my vision was blurred by tears of joy. I felt Leo tug at my arm to pull me into a hug so I jumped into his arms…and I felt our lips collide.

Well, I guess we’ll always have drama.

 

A/N: Thank you readers for subscribing and patiently waiting for updates. I hope this story didn't disappoint!